I've meant to do one of these for a while, but I just got to it. Here to help!

• Posted at:

Please tell us why you'd like to report this post

₵₳ł₦ Elysium 

A gunslinger

A female

A myth

"ᴛʜᴇ ᴛʀᴜsᴛ ᴏғ ᴛʜᴇ ɪɴɴᴏᴄᴇɴᴛ ɪs ᴀ ʟɪᴀʀ's ᴍᴏsᴛ ᴜsᴇғᴜʟ ᴛᴏᴏʟ"-ʀᴏʟᴀɴᴅ

#Haven86and3000+posts

Thumbnail avatar 74fcc26f92

teabear54

I’ve had writer’s block for the past year... I used to write around 3 hours per day...

• Posted at:

Fafnir

Mr Manticore

Mars

Fishnir

#Fade

#Remember Zoe and Sally

I’m particularlgoofinder

Worrying means you suffer twice

Hey all, crippling depression here

“This is a pretty hardcore origin story” ~ Spiderman Noir

Level 99 edgelord

Writers block is tough. I usually read as much as possible until an idea pops in my head, listen to music that inspires my stories, or I read my old stories until I find a great way to continue it.

• Posted at:

₵₳ł₦ Elysium 

A gunslinger

A female

A myth

#Haven86and3000+posts

*sorts imaginary papers* I honestly thought this would be busier

• Posted at:

₵₳ł₦ Elysium 

A gunslinger

A female

A myth

#Haven86and3000+posts

Thumbnail avatar f840f5721b

greenzombie278

*Raises hand* Ahem, I have writers block. But, I have no idea what to do with my plot and how to write it anymore.

• Posted at:

❖Sphinx

[Da Green Queen]

Spla2n 2 Master

"This Is The Greatest Show!"

SAMBer Since: Mar 22, 2017

Spicy Calamari Inkantation #1

Chipmunk Saver

"This Is Me!"

#Arctix

So you have a plot....

can I hear what it's about? I might be able to give you a jumpstart.

• Posted at:

₵₳ł₦ Elysium 

A gunslinger

A female

A myth

#Haven86and3000+posts

Thumbnail avatar 85340044d1

kindinky23

I have writer's block, mind if I post what I've got so far? It's kind of long, I didn't know if you'd want me to spam your thread with it or not. It's not like a chapter or anything, it's just a little jumpstart for the actual plot INSIDE of a chapter.

• Posted at:

Dragonfly 

|Female||Straight|

|Slytherin||Human|

~~~~~~~  

Congrats you were bored enough to look for white text

Yeah, go ahead, firefly. I'd love to read it.

• Posted at:

₵₳ł₦ Elysium 

A gunslinger

A female

A myth

#Haven86and3000+posts

Thumbnail avatar 12edd9a473

opaldragon1081

I need a name for a character of mine from my story called “the frozen flame” I want it to sound bold, and Latin-ish. 

• Posted at:

Obsidian

"If nothing ever changed, there would be no such thing as butterflies."

"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read!"

"Two heads are better than one."

#moresigsp-

#Reilin4ever

Is said character boy or girl?

• Posted at:

₵₳ł₦ Elysium 

A gunslinger

A female

A myth

#Haven86and3000+posts

Thumbnail avatar 12edd9a473

opaldragon1081

Female

• Posted at:

Obsidian

"If nothing ever changed, there would be no such thing as butterflies."

"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read!"

"Two heads are better than one."

#moresigsp-

#Reilin4ever

I'm in my second year of Latin, so perfect! Is the character a guy or girl?

• Posted at:

₵₳ł₦ Elysium 

A gunslinger

A female

A myth

#Haven86and3000+posts

kindinky23

Okay. It's trash but here goes

The fox was on my heels, following my every move, zoning in for the kill. I ran, kicking up clods of earthy soil loose from the ground. She followed me, gekkering. "I'll get you, you worthless runt!" I ran faster. My wings flapped a bit, catching the air and lifting me a bit off the ground, my claws only barely scraping the grass.

My horns caught on a shrub, sending leaves into the air. The fox stopped momentarily, and then started pursuing me again. My wings flapped again, and I was barely off the ground. My paws couldn't touch. I started to panic, but I was only a few inches above the ground, and hovering. My wings flapped frantically.

"I've got you now!" She hopped up, dragging me down by the ear with her sharp, thornlike teeth. "Ow!"

"I got you. Now you're it!" She started to run, her light paws seemingly flying over the ground. I chased her. Her small, red wings with orange-feathered tips bobbed up and down. Her brush was huge, and swept over the earth. I stopped running and sat down, panting. "I'm tired."

"Aww. Come on, you're always tired!" Another, larger fox padded over. "Poppy, let him rest," she scolded gently, picking up the cub by her scruff. "Those are some mighty fine wings, Hex. You're going to be stronger than your mother at this rate!" I sensed a quiver in her voice, and guessed her and Mother were close. It didn't seem to match up, though. It was like there was something else deep inside. I had heard all sorts of tales, but they were all different. I felt darkness when my mother came to be the topic. It was strange how I could long for something so much and yet still be scared of it.

I walked off. The sun was setting, throwing a flurry of colors across the horizon. I needed to be alone. There was a cliff nearby I could go to. Nobody else knew about it. I called it my secret spot, and I'd go there now.

As I walked, I comtemplated Poppy's boundless energy. How can she be so small and never get tired? Surely all the energy she can have has a limit? After all, she's so tiny. This was when I came to terms that personality had no limit. That's why you could feel it even if you weren't close to that person. It stretched outside the body.

I wondered if anybody else could feel that kind of thing the way I did. Poppy had a sort of buzz to her. Her mother had a sort of hollow feeling, like there was something missing deep inside of her.

I wondered if it had to do with Mother. I realized I sensed the quiver Poppy's mother had in her voice in everyone when they talked about her. Maybe the loss had devastated them. I dug further into my memories of speech. This quiver, even slighter, seemed to resonate in their voices them they talked to me, whether Mother was on the topic or not.

I wondered if I looked so much like her that I caused them greif. I tried to push this thought out of my mind.

I was far away from the den now. My paws tingled with soreness. The cliff was up ahead, I knew it. A small copse of trees came into view. I must've been approaching from a different side, because I'd seen these trees, but from another direction. I decided to climb one. Maybe I could practice flying.

- - -

My claws gripped the bark of the tree. I clambered up with a mighty push from my rear legs. I grabbed a thick, sturdy branch with my claws, wincing. Hoisting myself upwards, I crouched down and leapt. My wings flapped for a second, but then I panicked. I felt a dull thud. Red spots danced across my vision of the sky, which was now purple. I shuddered and let my body go limp. The world seemed to collapse. Everything went black.

- - -

Something blurry and orange was in front of my face. It danced around. I felt the buzz of Poppy's energy. I couldn't say anything. My face felt frozen. I half-opened my eyes, and she looked at me. "Hex? Are you awake?"
I somehow managed to nod. Poppy could sense it. She was good at sensing tiny things, but I didn't think she could sense feelings like me. Her eyes lit up, and she stopped pacing. "Mama, Hex woke up!" She skipped eagerly, doing her own little dance of excitement. A dark-furred fox with antlers like a moose and purple, fanlike wings slid into view. Everything was still blurry.

"H-Hex? Could you tell me what y-you were doing?" I couldn't speak. It felt like my throat was full of rocks. She sounded scared. Maybe she could have been scared for me. I sensed a quiver.
The rocks felt like they were clearing. I managed to utter "Yes, Ma'am."

"Please call me Second Mother."

Okay so Hexy boi fell out of a tree and I've come up with blanks for how to continue it.

• Posted at:

Dragonfly 

|Female||Straight|

|Slytherin||Human|

~~~~~~~  

Thumbnail avatar 6709e01874

aquaunicorn2968

Hm... maybe he could tell his "Second Mother" what happened then have one of the foxes be ready to catch him when he's practicing... I don't know the plot so that's the best I got.

• Posted at:

Lαɳα

I'm Nerdy and proud!

Part of the arry otter rotection lub!

Part of the Order of the Bananana!

#Hufflepuff

#DogLover

#LoverOfLotsOfBooksAndSeries

Stars: 207

Beni WingStar Nattily Azul Lilac (flip) Mr. Cellophane

The names are for Obsidian 

• Posted at:

₵₳ł₦ Elysium 

A gunslinger

A female

A myth

#Haven86and3000+posts

Alright. If none of these work, then I have more.

Odetta(this is more graceful than bold. Also means wealth), Cornelia, Octavia, Claudia, Minerva

• Posted at:

₵₳ł₦ Elysium 

A gunslinger

A female

A myth

#Haven86and3000+posts

Hmm...so, maybe Hex could explain that he fell out of a tree, you know, when he can, and then asks more about who Second mother is. Good writing, by the way. If that doesn't fit with the plot, we can come up with seem thing else.

• Posted at:

₵₳ł₦ Elysium 

A gunslinger

A female

A myth

#Haven86and3000+posts

kindinky23

Thanks! I think what i'll do is open it up a bit more on Hex being sorta injured. I'll introduce a couple more characters and then have him tell her he was practicing climbing because he knows he's not supposed to try and fly out of a tree.

• Posted at:

Dragonfly 

|Female||Straight|

|Slytherin||Human|

~~~~~~~  

Good! Tell me how that story works our once you're further along, firefly, I really like the idea of it.

• Posted at:

₵₳ł₦ Elysium 

A gunslinger

A female

A myth

#Haven86and3000+posts

kindinky23

Thanks, Cain! I'll probably make a thread for it once I can stay ahead of the chapters I've made, which hopefully shouldn't be too long.

• Posted at:

Dragonfly 

|Female||Straight|

|Slytherin||Human|

~~~~~~~  

Sure thing! :)

• Posted at:

₵₳ł₦ Elysium 

A gunslinger

A female

A myth

#Haven86and3000+posts

Thumbnail avatar 007d3a5609

dragonheart5600

so, I'm thinking of making a stranded book (i got kinda scared of starting anything more than a generic title and the first page (a note) because it was 2 days before a cruise) and I'm not sure what some of the names should be. I'm thinking of having 6-7(ish?) characters. 3 girls, 3 boys, 1 pilot. that's basically the characters in the story (except for a pet iguana claire names "infinite") the 3 characters i have names for are claire, the main female, damien, the main male, and jaye. my aj isn't working rn xd im hoping to make it a bit more cultural (because they get stranded while going to italy, so i was hoping for an italian character, im figuring everything out) so just a few multiculture names will help for now. i'll build off them. my aj refuses to cooperate. help.

i white texted some things that weren't important/didn't relate.

• Posted at:

Cat/Sylvia

Proud hufflepuff

pma!

beauty comes from unity

where people taunt, hope says “try one more time”

#youbelongtoaduck

your loving hybrid friend,

catwolf76

Okay, so that leaves one or two boys?

• Posted at:

₵₳ł₦ Elysium 

A gunslinger

A female

A myth

#Haven86and3000+posts

dragonheart5600

2 boys, 1 girl (still debationg the pilot gender.) also, im not sure if the island is tropic, subtropic, temperate. or what? im setting it on an island between america (probably a place upstate) and italy (probably somewhere southern or something in italy's area). im working on the title via google translate xd.

• Posted at:

Cat/Sylvia

Proud hufflepuff

pma!

beauty comes from unity

#youbelongtoaduck

catwolf76

Alright...give me a minute to come up with a few good ones.

• Posted at:

₵₳ł₦ Elysium 

A gunslinger

A female

A myth

#Haven86and3000+posts

For a girl, maybe Lilliana or Aria(both are Italian). Still working on the boys.

• Posted at:

₵₳ł₦ Elysium 

A gunslinger

A female

A myth

#Haven86and3000+posts

dragonheart5600

ok.

• Posted at:

Cat/Sylvia

Proud hufflepuff

pma!

beauty comes from unity

#youbelongtoaduck

catwolf76

I have a bunch of boy names, but let me know of non of these work. 

Colin,Dante, Roland,Ronan,Aaron,Aidann,Chad,Carson,Thomas,Victir,Vincent,Dunacn,Malcolm

thats just a few 

• Posted at:

₵₳ł₦ Elysium 

A gunslinger

A female

A myth

#Haven86and3000+posts

Thumbnail avatar cefe184489

swampcloud51

Would it be ok if i posted a chapter to a story I wrote for criticism weather good or bad? 

• Posted at:

ʀʊռɛ

She Her Timelord

➻ Triplet with Time and Tiger

➻ Definitely not Swampy

➻ Creator of CC

Technically, good times don't ever end. We'll always remember them.

242 Pages of Posts

6877+ Stars 

Of course!

• Posted at:

₵₳ł₦ Elysium 

A gunslinger

A female

A myth

#Haven86and3000+posts

swampcloud51

Thanks! Here it is: 

Chapter One:

The day it came

A chilly wind blew form the north. The sun was at its peak in the sky but a field of flowers was beginning to wither. A forest is found on the outskirts of the field, and there there are shadows waiting in the shapes of animals or people.
    The shadows surrounding the field were waiting to strike. Then, like lighting, they dashed out onto the lush yet withering field. The shadows fled to the middle of the field and they suddenly joined together and rose up. On their way, they would pause on occasion and suck the life out of the innocent, unwithering flowers. The shadows floated up for a while finding their place when they began to piece together a shadowy figure.
    It looked as if the shadows were melting and being forged together by an invisible hand. Finally, it was done.        
   It appeared to be a man crouching. After a monmet or two of strange, unfamiliar silence, the figure rose to its full height which was about six stories high. An evil laugh that would chill the bones was heard, and the only thing to. No birds chirped, no wolves barked, for they had all fled.
    Then it then stared exactly at you, freezing you to the spot. It's eyes seemed to examine your soul, finding out everything that there was. Another laugh erupted form the shadowy lips, but his one was more amused than terrifying.
    "Why do you fear me? I will come, there is nothing you can do. Now choose to greet me or fight to your death."
     But that was the last you heard. Cold sweat over ed your pillow and you woke up with a start.
    "Ugh! Great! Now I need new sheets!" You exclaime.
      The dream lingers on your mind. It wasn't the first, and it doesn't seem to be the last. Seeing the time, you decide to get ready for school.
     As you walk out the door of your house, content with the food you ate for breakfast, an earthquake strikes. Luckily, you were under the doorway leading to your house so you didn't get hurt.
    The damage was not brutal and it lasted but for a second or so. You run your head  when a noise unfamiliar can be heard. The figure of your dreams stands next to you.
     A smile speeds across it's face when your scared and startled face is there to greet him. 
     "Hello," it greets. "Why so shocked? I told you I was comming."

• Posted at:

ʀʊռɛ

She Her Timelord

➻ Definitely not Swampy

➻ Creator of CC

242 Pages of Posts

6877+ Stars 

dragonheart5600

i looked up liliana and aria on urban dictionary (which has a couple different takes on name definitions) and liliana seems to be the name of either a nice girl, or a very rude girl, and aria seems to be the name of popular, loyal, independant girls. i'll look at some of these, to see which ones work. i think lilliana works better, because more people depict it as italian. thanks for the help!

• Posted at:

Cat/Sylvia

Proud hufflepuff

pma!

beauty comes from unity

#youbelongtoaduck

catwolf76

Sure thing night!

• Posted at:

₵₳ł₦ Elysium 

A gunslinger

A female

A myth

#Haven86and3000+posts

Alright swampy, ready for some opinions that you will hopefully take seriously? I love the idea of this story, and it honestly gave me the creeps in the dream scene. The only complaints I would have is that there is a lot of passiveness(not that it's particularly bad, it just isn't the way I would go) and you might want to make a character rather than you for the main character. It adds more depth to the story.

• Posted at:

₵₳ł₦ Elysium 

A gunslinger

A female

A myth

#Haven86and3000+posts

*more I,agianry paper sorting*

• Posted at:

₵₳ł₦ Elysium 

A gunslinger

A female

A myth

#Haven86and3000+posts

swampcloud51

Yeaj, I had s ok me hard time deciding who the main character would be. Do you have any idea's for a name or something? I can try to fix the  passiveness. Thanks for the advice! 

• Posted at:

ʀʊռɛ

She Her Timelord

➻ Definitely not Swampy

➻ Creator of CC

242 Pages of Posts

6877+ Stars 

Sure thing, swampy! I'm really good at names, but I would need a bit more details on the main characters to give you a good one.

• Posted at:

₵₳ł₦ Elysium 

A gunslinger

A female

A myth

#Haven86and3000+posts

swampcloud51

To be honest, I haven't really even layed out what the character looks or acts like. I'll try to come up with something though..

• Posted at:

ʀʊռɛ

She Her Timelord

➻ Definitely not Swampy

➻ Creator of CC

242 Pages of Posts

6877+ Stars 

Alright. If you need help with that, I love creating characters.

• Posted at:

₵₳ł₦ Elysium 

A gunslinger

A female

A myth

#Haven86and3000+posts

Swampy, Akita means strong, so that would make a good name if you want a bold character. Odetta means wealthy, and I've used that for more graceful characters. Aidann means noble-hearted as well.

• Posted at:

₵₳ł₦ Elysium 

A gunslinger

A female

A myth

#Haven86and3000+posts

1 ,