Um hello is this thing on? *taps microphone* *screechy feedback*

Hey, I'm Moonflight, I'm from the WoFMB. I tried to put this RP there but it didn't work? Riri/Starry told me to check out this place so boom here I am

This is a foreword (preface?)

Synopsis:

Have you ever wanted to be a robot in a dystopian post-apocalyptic steampunk sci-fi western?! Well, now you can! You are an Explorer - a brave robot with the task of periodically leaving the only home you’ve ever known (Relic 73) into a vast, dangerous desert to collect items and gain fuel in order to power your home and fellow robots. This Roleplay will be about the adventures you manage to cook up while exploring, fighting monsters, and exploring.

And exploring (well I mean yes there will be more than that but shh spoilers).

Background:

Time

It is many, many years into the future. All humans are dead, and very little life remains. The world is burning and scorching in its decline, and it is covered in desert. The last of the homo sapiens legacy is some isolated robots and old, dead technology. It is presumed that they all died due to overpopulation, pollution of water, and global warming. The temperatures vary from 50 degrees Fahrenheit to over 200 in the day, and below freezing in the night. The atmosphere has partially dispersed, and the stars are visible all throughout the day. The sun is larger and more orange.

Relic 73 and the robots there

There is a sprawling rusty heap vaguely resembling a town known as Relic 73. The “73” is for the number of robots living there. There used to be over a thousand, but they all eventually died.

They are divided into four groups, the Explorers, the Fixers, the Rememberers, and the Sorters.

The Explorers are the robots designated to leave Relic 73, those who are sent out to retrieve oil and fuel for the robots. The Explorers fight the various monsters they encounter on the way, and many have died. There used to be around 100, but now there are only 13. They have the 1st priority.

The Fixers are those who are in charge of the metal and various tools the Explorers bring back. They patch up the Explorers who are injured, they build new buildings, and they are in charge of keeping the Heart Engine safe. There are 21 of them. They have the 4th priority.

The Rememberers are those who are in charge of the books. They name the robots and keep track of who they are, their purpose, etc. They function as archivists and make the decisions for the citizens of Relic 73. When they name the robots, they consult the books and pick a name from them; usually foreign. Because of this, there are robots in Relic 73 named Shirt, Dave, and Coca-Cola. There are 19 Rememberers. They have the 3rd priority.

The Sorters are the ones who take what the Explorers bring back and organize it, deciding whether the Fixers or Rememberers get them. They are also the ones who distribute the oil to the different groups and decided their priority. They have the 2nd priority. There are 20 of them.

The robots are usually 3 to 8 feet tall, and very basic. They have a simple, steampunk design (similar to Machinarium). They have visual sensors, audio sensors, and an oil port, usually located in their head. They have a boxy or barrel-like body, and skinny legs and arms, of which there are two each.  Inside their chest is an engine, which functions like a heart. It can eventually give out after becoming too rusted or breaking. Everything here is just a guideline, however! You can have a ten-foot-tall robot with four arms and eyes on their hands. The only thing that is required is the engine heart.

Relic 73 has lots of dark abandoned sections. No one goes there. Instead, most of the robots stay in the southwest quadrant, where there is a library, several bars (where the Sorters serve fuel), housing units, and storage spaces. The robots have different amounts of space and allowed fuel depending on their priority.

None of the robots know how they got there. For as long as they can remember, they have been doing their duty, trying to prolong their existence.

The Heart Engine

Inside Relic 73, there is a massive engine designed to power the entire structure. It’s how lights turn on and doors open and basically keep the structure from falling apart. The Fixers are in charge of taking care of it. It’s pretty important and will become relevant later on.

Badlands

In the area surrounding Relic 73, it is a tumbleweed desert, and semiarid. There are occasional rock features or a clump of trees or forest of saguaro cactus for natural features. The Explorers will find bunkers, ghost towns, and broken equipment like a rusty old car, but these are rare. These stretch on for miles, and there is an abandoned oil rig that the Explorers will attend to when they can, but there is also an oasis near it and monsters tend to lurk near it, making it very dangerous.

The monsters are various animals left over from the apocalypse. The Explorers will find dangerous coyotes and wild cats who attack and kill any robot on sight. Or maybe it’s because the robots attack and kill them on sight. There are also some mechanical monsters, but those are relatively rare and usually harmless.

Recently, the Explorers managed to recover some engines from an abandoned bunker. The engines were taken and used to make new robots, which some of you will roleplay as.

Rules:

- No controlling other people’s characters.

- Mary Sues, Powerplaying, etc. will not be allowed.

- I will most likely nitpick your character sheet to heck and back so be prepared. I guess this isn’t really a rule? But you know I will most likely give suggestions beyond what you’re required to do, so… don’t do them if you don’t want to

- If you do not comment for a week without notifying us that you will be gone ON THIS THREAD then your character will be removed from the roleplay as succinctly as possible

- I have a very, very specific plot planned out for this RP. If you are going to do anything that could make big changes, please tell me and I will say yay or nay

- They’re robots with no particular gender at all. They can use whatever pronouns you like but please no robot shipping.

- Have fun is a rule if you are not having fun I will have you executed (joking)

- Put nothing in “Other”! Use it for whatever you like, if you haven’t read this your character will stick out like a sore thumb and yes, I will find it hilarious

Spots:

Explorer (13):

New Explorer (Unlimited):

Forms:

Name:

Pronouns:

New or old Explorer?:

Appearance:

Personality:

Other:

• Posted at:

Please tell us why you'd like to report this post

Moonflight

⸺⸻⸺•+•⸺⸻⸺

Each of us bear our own cross

Come and talk to me;  341245 ]

[ | She/her | MN | Since 7/31/17 | ]

Now @ moonflying31   :D

Eyy it posted

• Posted at:

Moonflight

⸺⸻⸺•+•⸺⸻⸺

Thumbnail avatar 366796e4cf

warriorcat609

lEmmE Read Dis

I waNNa JoiN ;)

• Posted at:

ᴛoffee

ʟᴏᴄᴀʟ ᴄɪɴɴᴀᴍᴏɴʀᴏʟʟ

ᴛʜᴇ ɴᴇᴋᴏ ǫᴜᴇᴇɴ

ᴏʙsᴇssɪᴠᴇ sʜɪᴘᴘᴇʀ & ʟᴏᴠᴇʀ ᴏғ ʙᴏʙᴀ

ᴘʀᴏᴜᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ ᴏғ ʙʜ/ᴅʙ

ᴊᴀᴅᴇ, ɪғ ɪ’ᴍ ᴀ ᴡᴀʟɴᴜᴛ ʏᴏᴜ’ʀᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ᴀʟᴍᴏɴᴅ.”

”I’M A WALNUT WITH PASSION.”

Marine’s a Banan

Spoopy Child

@Toffee - coolest of beans

hey do you think you could give me a tour/explanation/who’s who

• Posted at:

Moonflight

⸺⸻⸺•+•⸺⸻⸺

Hello my DW buddy

Save, please and thank you

• Posted at:

=Hyper=

These wires attached can't keep me sane

I can feel the power run through my veins

I'll bend the time and cause death to relive

For revenge on those I cannot forgive

Thumbnail avatar b66004fc17

darkwizard810

Please save Explorer.

(You wanted info here you go) The SAMB is mostly made up of interesting but fairly normal threads and rps but there are a few really weird threads but most of them involve gangs and/or ships(which are two big things here and the basically the only big things I don’t do here so don’t ask for details). As for who’s who just check other threads. I’m not trying to be rude but I think that would benefit you the most and it would take forever.

• Posted at:

Hi my name is Red and You’re watching Disney Channel

7th Grade Male

Pokemon Trainer

Boy Scout

BotW is life

Campaigner 

If I’m acting crazy, I have ADHD

Spirit Tracks is underrated

General Geek(not a nerd)

SAMB B-Day: 12/5/2017(dec.)

Thumbnail avatar 15aefbc3b3

musicopal38

Save a new explorer! (This is my first time on this kind of RP)

• Posted at:

Wildfire

Gang: Athyna, Tide, Dark, Sunny, Lexi, Brooke, Ray

She/Her

Two wrongs don't make a right

Why do I always have to have the answer in class? (#Smart kid pressure)

Craziness is my thing

Proud viola player, singer, and author

Bookworm

@Hyper - why hello there! :) saved!

@Red - ah, okay! Thanks! And saved!

• Posted at:

Moonflight

⸺⸻⸺•+•⸺⸻⸺

Thumbnail avatar bf802bf55e

flasheagle51

Name: Leon

Pronouns: They/them

New or old Explorer?: Old.

Appearance: Leon is 6 feet tall and built with a combination of copper and salvaged stainless steel in a humanoid fashion. They have a perfectly spherical chest attached to a boxy lower torso. Their oil port is on the left side of the box and is protected with the gas cap from an old abandoned car, which is painted with fading red paint and heavily dented. They have ball joints for their shoulders and hips, and their limbs have multiple joints embedded into them, giving the robot tremendous flexibility. Their head is a vaguely head-shaped chunk of metal, with two visual sensors embedded where a human's eyes would be, and two audio sensors located where a human's ears would be. A speaker was embedded into their forehead, which they speak from. Their feet are flat pieces of wood and their hands are, again, extremely flexible due to having multiple joints. The small amounts of chipped paint on their body are red and white, although the area around their visual sensors is painted light blue. 

Personality: Leon comes off as careless and laid-back, but they worry about everything that could go wrong during excursions and are borderline obsessed with things going wrong. They are rather observant but at the same time, they can be extremely unpredictable, to the point where not even they know what they're going to do next. To disguise their eternal pessimism, they act optimistic and over-confident, bordering on reckless. Occasionally, they blurt out some "uncharacteristically" messed up things, but they apologize once they realized there's an issue. They act somewhat bored with the world around robots they trust, but nobody has ever seen his true nature bar himself. 

Other: *winces at the screechy microphone feedback*

• Posted at:

ƶεσ (αɳƭƭɦεร)  

ɪ' ʀʀɴʟʏ sɪɴɢ:  

>[shє/hєr]<    

ʀɴɴs

THE SKY'S GONNA HURT WHEN IT FALLS, SO YOU'D BETTER START BUILDING SOME WALLS...

¤Proud Canadia

flasheagle51

whoa this RP idea is amazing

Aside from the form I sent in, I have fifteen or so random other characters for this universe!

Also, would it be okay to create robots with other roles as side characters?

• Posted at:

ƶεσ (αɳƭƭɦεร)  

ɪ' ʀʀɴʟʏ sɪɴɢ:  

>[shє/hєr]<    

ʀɴɴs

THE SKY'S GONNA HURT WHEN IT FALLS, SO YOU'D BETTER START BUILDING SOME WALLS...

¤Proud Canadia

Thumbnail avatar 00c940725c

lavenderdawn69

Name:Kirsty

Pronouns:She or Her

New or old Explorer?:

Appearance:brown body, head, arms, hands, legs and feet, boxy head and body, arms that are thin cords, legs that are thin cords, boxy feet, brown visual sensors over the mouth, brown audio sensors on the sides of the head, oversized lavender sweater

Personality:A shy, stuttering comic book nerd who lets people walk all over her. She’s usually in the background, and has low self-esteem. She isn’t used to attention, and the only way to make her open up is by mentioning comic books in front of her. She lies when she doesn’t want people to know something about her.

• Posted at:

Lavender/Iria

ASLAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!,you'd make a great teacher.

My gang:Strawberry Shortcake, Plum Pudding, Lemon Meringue, Blueberry Muffin, Raspberry Torte, Ginger Snap

The world changes,nature shrivels but also blooms,yet we stay strong.

lavenderdawn69

My fixed form:

Name:Kirsty

Pronouns:She and Her

New or old Explorer?:New

Appearance:brown body, head, arms, hands, legs and feet, boxy head and body, arms that are thin cords, legs that are thin cords, boxy feet, brown visual sensors over the mouth, brown audio sensors on the sides of the head, oversized lavender sweater, 3 feet tall, has an engine inside her chest

Personality:A shy, stuttering comic book nerd who lets people walk all over her. She’s usually in the background, and has low self-esteem. She isn’t used to attention, and the only way to make her open up is by mentioning comic books in front of her. She lies when she doesn’t want people to know something about her.

Other:Do robots have comic books in this universe?

• Posted at:

Lavender/Iria

My gang:Strawberry Shortcake, Plum Pudding, Lemon Meringue, Blueberry Muffin, Raspberry Torte, Ginger Snap

lavenderdawn69

She lies when she doesn’t want people to know something about her.

Change that to:

She lies when she doesn’t want robots to know something about her.

• Posted at:

Lavender/Iria

flasheagle51

For Leon, their engine is inside the sphere.

• Posted at:

ƶεσ (αɳƭƭɦεร)  

ɪ' ʀʀɴʟʏ sɪɴɢ:  

>[shє/hєr]<    

ʀɴɴs

¤Proud Canadia

@Wildfire - Saved! Sorry I didn’t see your post earlier!

@Chieko Agano - Accepted! And thanks, although I made more than a couple of grammatical errors or confusing sentences that I am internally cringing at and apologize for!

I think that it should be fine if you have side characters, although you might have to fix up the form a bit

@Lavendar - accepted!

• Posted at:

Moonflight

⸺⸻⸺•+•⸺⸻⸺

Boop

• Posted at:

Moonflight

⸺⸻⸺•+•⸺⸻⸺

flasheagle51

Then here's two side robots to help populate Relic 73! They probably won't have POVs but they will be mentioned and have a bit of dialogue.

Name: Falcon

Pronouns: he/him

Role: Rememberer

Appearance: Falcon is 9 feet tall and made out of a variety of different materials. His head is made out of black iron, and he has a single visual sensor and multiple speakers and audio sensors. His oil port is at the back of his head. His torso is mostly made out of salvaged wires, so his engine is also situated in his head. He has iron beams across his shoulders and hips and his arms are made of similar wire, while his legs are made out of iron with a singoe joint in each. He has no feet. He wears a red scrap of fabric around his 'neck'.

Personality: Falcon is nothing less than a workoholic. He throws himself into each task that comes his way, and doesn't stop until it's done. He dislikes being in one place at a time and moves around Relic 73 often, unable to concentrate otherwise. He doesn't have any verbal filters and often says things without thinking of the consequences. He is rather naive.

Other: ...

-

Name: Requin

Pronouns: he/him

Role: Fixer

Appearance: Requin is a rather solid robot, built entirely of stainless steel and standing at 5'7. He has a spherical head with two visual sensors on either side and audio sensors above the visual sensors. He has a speaker and oil port in the back of his head and his head can rotate 360 degrees. His torso is barrel-like and he has arms and legs with multiple joints. His hands are humanoid and have lights built into them.

Personality: Requin is decisive and quick to act. He prefers being in the thick of things, for better or worse, to watching from the sidelines. He also tends not to worry about things too much, preferring to leave the big decisions to the Rememberers. He can be cocky and overconfident, and somewhat of an airhead.

Other: Here are two of my five thousand-

• Posted at:

ƶεσ (αɳƭƭɦεร)  

ɪ' ʀʀɴʟʏ sɪɴɢ:  

>[shє/hєr]<    

ʀɴɴs

¤Proud Canadia

flasheagle51

*single

• Posted at:

ƶεσ (αɳƭƭɦεร)  

ɪ' ʀʀɴʟʏ sɪɴɢ:  

>[shє/hєr]<    

ʀɴɴs

¤Proud Canadia

Thumbnail avatar b162f9c21d

dreamtimecrow55

Name: Kitty

Pronouns: He/Him mostly, but really doesn’t have too much of a preference.

New or old Explorer?: Old

Appearance: Kitty has a surprisingly humanoid appearance, compared to other, more geometric robots. They stand at about 5’4”, with a relatively seamless body (meaning there’s no real distinction between his upper and lower torso, it’s all mostly one, mostly humanoid shape, though with different panels that construct it and such), though his chest juts out slightly from the bottom half of his torso. His body is constructed from steel, and his sensors all lie behind what seems to be a black screen on his oval-ish shaped head. Because of the way his legs are constructed, it gives the appearance of somewhat large hips and thighs, very contrary to most robots construction, and his legs are overall on the wider side, while his shoulders and arms are a bit thinner. His hands are very intricate in construction, making them very human like and able to perform delicate tasks. He has the same sort of joints as a human, able to bend and move very similarly. Some interesting and notable parts of their construction are the cat-like ears and tail, that can move accordingly. There are additional audio sensors in the ears, and the tail can be used for various purposes, such as balance, and is heavy enough to be used for fighting and knocking enemies back if necessary. His engine is known to, on occasion, make noise that sounds like a purr almost, and his oil port is on the back of his neck. He likes to wear whatever human clothing he can find, if any, and thus currently wears a large, faded and beat up hoodie.

Personality: Kitty is peppy and always optimistic. He likes being around other robots, but is not a natural leader and prefers to follow someone else’s directions and will do just about anything for someone else as long as he’s somewhat associated with them, or they just look like they need help. He’s very friendly and surprisingly affectionate for a robot. Its speculated that he was originally made as a sort of companion for humans, but, nobody really can tell, and he doesn’t remember. He acts sort of younger than he is, as far as robots go, and doesn’t seem like he would know as much as he really does.

Other: I know his body is a bit different than most, but he’s typically not for like a steampunk-y type setting, haha. I can change it and make it a bit more geometric if it’s really an issue.

• Posted at:

__Reve_Elysium__

They/Them || Gay || Leo

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"We all cry in mascara, it happens." ☾  

→Jenna Marbles←

⦊ Artist

⦊ Roleplayer

⦊ Character Design & World building

⦊ High Concentration of uwu

Spots:

Explorer (7/13 left): Leon (@Chieko Agano), Kirsty (@Lavender), Kitty (@Reve), Saved (@Hyper), Saved (@Red),

New Explorer (Unlimited): Saved (@Wildfire), 

Side Characters (Semi-Unlimited): Falcon (@Chieko Agano), Requin (@Chieko Agano),

@Reve - Accepted! Kitty is fine being not particularly steam-punky

Although, the robots don't exactly have a plethora of cleaning supplies, so Kitty probably looks a little rustic anyways

This RP is also rustic, I realized

hmm

• Posted at:

Moonflight

⸺⸻⸺•+•⸺⸻⸺

Thumbnail avatar b162f9c21d

dreamtimecrow55

@Moonflight - Ah i didn't think about that, but you right, you right. He probably would be a lil worse for wear at this point, haha. 

• Posted at:

__Reve_Elysium__

They/Them || Gay || Leo

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"We all cry in mascara, it happens." ☾  

→Jenna Marbles←

⦊ Artist

⦊ Roleplayer

⦊ Character Design & World building

⦊ High Concentration of uwu

@Reve - yep

• Posted at:

Moonflight

⸺⸻⸺•+•⸺⸻⸺

Thumbnail avatar 85340044d1

kindinky23

Save an explorer, form will hopefully get sent tonight.

• Posted at:

Dragonfly 

|Female||Straight|

|Slytherin||Human|

~~~~~~~  

Congrats you were bored enough to look for white text

kindinky23

Forms:

Name: usually referred to as "Old Rusty"

Pronouns: she/her

New or old Explorer?: Old, possibly one of the oldest.

Appearance: Rusty's build has more a a triangular type of shape, very boxy, with nails sticking out every which-way. She's a pretty red color with a shiny, sparky finish- once upon a time, twenty years ago. Now if she's not covered with rust in a spot, that spot is peely and dented. She has triangualr treads rather than legs, and more claw-like hands. Most of the robots have better overall designs, further implying her age. Her head is more of a camera, and sits mounted precariously on the point at the tip of the triangle, which takes after a freeform shape, leaning back. She has a crank on her back, and nobody knows what it's for, because when it's twisted, it just screws off like a dresser handle.

Personality:

Other:

• Posted at:

Dragonfly 

|Female||Straight|

|Slytherin||Human|

~~~~~~~  

@Firefly - that looks great, but you’re missing something in “Personality”

• Posted at:

Moonflight

⸺⸻⸺•+•⸺⸻⸺

Boop

• Posted at:

Moonflight

⸺⸻⸺•+•⸺⸻⸺

Is there still an explorer spot open? If not I’ll save a new one 

• Posted at:

》J. Silvyr《

Swear to God, I ain't ever gonna repent~  

im ded.

#jenti

kindinky23

Accidentally sent it early, sorry. Her personality is pretty much:

Cranky. Sort of outgoing but not really a good type of outgoing, more of a "GET OFF MY LAWN, YOU HOOLIGANS" type of way. Nobody really knows much about her, because she lives alone and is a bit cut-off socially, although not shy in the least.

• Posted at:

Dragonfly 

|Female||Straight|

|Slytherin||Human|

~~~~~~~  

@J. Silvyr - there are now 6 old explorer spots left, not including your save

@Firefly - Accepted! I know that feeling...

• Posted at:

Moonflight

⸺⸻⸺•+•⸺⸻⸺

Boop

• Posted at:

Moonflight

⸺⸻⸺•+•⸺⸻⸺

lavenderdawn69

So, when are we going to start POVing?

• Posted at:

Lavender/Iria

Once there are 13 old explorer spots filled

• Posted at:

Moonflight

⸺⸻⸺•+•⸺⸻⸺

Sorry, I may not be able to finish this form? I have school problems ;-;

I may be able to tho

• Posted at:

=Hyper=

These wires attached can't keep me sane

I can feel the power run through my veins

I'll bend the time and cause death to relive

For revenge on those I cannot forgive

flasheagle51

Up

• Posted at:

ƶεσ (αɳƭƭɦεร)  

ɪ' ʀʀɴʟʏ sɪɴɢ:  

>[shє/hєr]<    

ʀɴɴs

¤Proud Canadia

@Hyper - oh... I'm sorry! I hope school & stuff gets less... more less

@Chieko Agano - yep this needs bumping! Sorry I haven't been on here in a while!

@Everyone - you can make more than one character! Please do! We need to fill up spots!

• Posted at:

Moonflight

⸺⸻⸺•+•⸺⸻⸺

Boop

• Posted at:

Moonflight

⸺⸻⸺•+•⸺⸻⸺

Boop

• Posted at:

Moonflight

⸺⸻⸺•+•⸺⸻⸺

lavenderdawn69

I think this is dead.

• Posted at:

Lavender/Iria