what should july of 20gayteen be called?

Thumbnail avatar fef408cf58

lionphoenix181

this is v important

• Posted at:

Please tell us why you'd like to report this post

Eclipse Queerson

Pelus

Silverwing

Nyra/Thomas/Lunar/Emily/Freya/Will/

i'm straightn't

she/her

Slytherpuff

#AllPeopleArePeople

@/297982

hey: never gonna give you up

20bi-teen, mon amies

coulbe gayer

my battery is low

and its getting dark

- rip oppy

Thumbnail avatar 8bf0113d39

dogdragon1303

????? You guys get a whole month already.

• Posted at:

Embyr

Proud Christian!

Send a fully armed battalion

Acting the goat

I'd rather stand with God, and be judged by the world, than stand with the world, and be judged by God.

Proud member of Mrs. Wolfe's Haven (RP)!

//hiss hiss Slytherin//

Thumbnail avatar f5bda21c4d

happyhopeful24

and y’all get the other 11

• Posted at:

happeh  

people come into our lives for a reason

bringing something we must learn

we are led to those who help us most to grow

we help them in return

i don't know if i believe that's true

but i know i'm who i am today

because i knew you

Thumbnail avatar ac1e347753

butterflyamber887

are those other 11 called "non gay, bi, or ace people month'? No. So, we don't exactly get the other months.

• Posted at:

Bracha

Home is behind, the world ahead, and there are many paths to tread.

Through shadows to the edge of night, until the stars are all alight.

dogdragon1303

As far as I'm aware, the other 11 months aren't called straight pride months. You guys can celebrate whatever without having a whole month dedicated to it. We only have one day of 4th of July, but that doesn't mean we don't celebrate out country. We just don't feel the need to have an entire month focused on it. Really.

• Posted at:

Embyr

Proud Christian!

Acting the goat

I'd rather stand with God, and be judged by the world, than stand with the world, and be judged by God.

//hiss hiss Slytherin//

Thumbnail avatar 67ce42604f

elfbrain270

pride month twooo

• Posted at:

twice as strong

still alive

we've made it this far

we know how to survive

~mills

Thumbnail avatar f5c1cb7917

compasspaw43

I like ja-bi! 

• Posted at:

We're Functioning just fine, we're alive

What's your Malfunction?

Bring it forth perfects a bore for what it's worth

Curvy, skinny, or bizarre

The best shape is who you are

Raise your hand if you're not from a mold

Varied strings are worth more than gold

Thumbnail avatar 85340044d1

kindinky23

They didn't make up Pride Month. They respect it because they're LGBT+. Like, I'm Catholic, so I have to celebrate the Catholic holidays, or else I wouldn't be a real Catholic.

But still, there's no straight pride month so there's a point. And I think we need one. I'm going to quote Jade's old sig- How come when you say gay pride it's cool but then you say straight pride and everyone thinks you're a jerk?

Also, why don't we have a flag? It'd be cool if we just had a blue/indigo flag for Straight Pride. (Rainbow Flag only has six colors.)

And one more thing- July Fourth was a definite holiday. It had a definite day that something happens on. This doesn't have that- there's no date associated with it to mark it. Or maybe there is.

• Posted at:

Dragonfly 

|Female||Straight|

|Slytherin||Human|

~~~~~~~  

Congrats you were bored enough to look for white text

dogdragon1303

Me making a "straight pride" post led to people getting ticked off at me and ultimately a (thankfully temporary) ban.

• Posted at:

Embyr

Proud Christian!

Acting the goat

//hiss hiss Slytherin//

Thumbnail avatar 01711909ee

cutewolf230

I'm going to say that Embyr and Firefly are right. I'm not completely straight, but still. We don't have a day or a week or a month to celebrate straight pride. Only LGBT+ do. I've been straight for most of my life, I'm still in the Questioning stage if I'm bisexual. But there was a post about why don't the straight people have a flag awhile ago. It almost caused a flame war. But yeah, we don't have a flag or a week, a day or a month to celebrate that we are straight. Is there a law that says we can't? Not exactly. If people are going to fight for equality, can't we do that across the board? Stop me here please, because I will rant and prove my opinion. 

• Posted at:

Luana

Catholic 

To the Haven for Werewolves, 54 pages, and over 2,100 posts.

Thumbnail avatar 77898c74ca

whitewolf9078

Never has a person lost their job for being straight in North America, or been denied an apartment for being straight, or been leered at or attacked by strangers for simply holding hands with their significant others. There is a level of social and systemic privilege not afforded to many members of the LGBTQ community in North America, and certainly in many countries around the world. Pride Month is definitely not made up. Pride has been celebrated every year in June since 1970 after the 1969 Stonewall riots in New York, when police raided the Stonewall Inn.(If you are unaware, The Stonewall Inn was a popular gay bar.)

So when straight people ask why there is a need for gay pride or wonder why there aren’t straight pride celebrations, it feels a lot like they are saying contributions by LGBTQ people — a minority group that faces constant adversity — are simply not worthy of recognition. Further, they’re denying the importance and significance of identifying as LGBTQ and achieving things — surviving, even — when the odds are stacked against you.

And there IS a straight Pride flag. It's striped and its black that fades into white, (It is more commonly black and white stipes). Search it up.

• Posted at:

!!kodah!!

I'm the Ultimate Romantic!

The Ultimate Romantic doesn't know how to confess to his crush

!!!Don't Forget To Bond With Your Pineapple!!!

Thumbnail avatar ed51fdc9a1

huntingwolf3376

Kodah is completely right. On top of all that, Pride Month is not just a month for us to celebrate the fact that we are a part of the LGBTQ+ community, it is a way for us to fight for equal rights. Before anyone says anything against this - no, we do not have equal rights. Like Kodah said, members of the LGBTQ+ community lack many of the privileges that cishet people have - such as safety from torment or many of the other simple rights that we lack, yet deserve. 

During Pride Month, we get a chance to fight for the rights that we don't yet have. I am not going to deny that all straight people have equal rights, (if I did than I'd be denying the fact that racism and sexism and other things like that exist) however, as I said, we do lack many basic human rights that all people deserve, whereas straight people have much more access to the privileges that members of the LGBTQ+ are without. Heterophobia does not affect the lives of straight people like homophobia affects the lives of gay people. Cisphobia does not affect the lives of cis people like transphobia affects the lives of transgender people. 

Therefore, in fighting for a straight pride month or straight pride celebration of any kind, people are - like Kodah explained - discrediting the LGBTQ+ community, who have endured torment for years upon years. Finally we have turned a corner in our social and political rights, finally we are beginning to be accepted. Asking for straight pride celebrations puts down and degrades the fact that we are starting to be seen in the same way as cishet people are seen.

So don't tell us that cishet people deserve a Pride Month just as much as the other members of the LGBTQ+ community and I deserve one. We have fought for years for our rights and we will continue to fight, whether it be through our Pride Month or during any other time of the year. We will also continue to celebrate who we are, even now that Pride Month is over. And when Pride Month rolls around next year, we will celebrate again, and we will fight again. 

• Posted at:

ⓒⓗⓐⓝⓒⓔ

/she//her/

happy pride from your friendly neighborhood bisexual 

even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise 

when you walk through a storm, hold your head up high 

Thumbnail avatar f5bda21c4d

happyhopeful24

i agree with kodah and chance. and to add to their points, is there a need for someone to come out as straight? has it ever happened unironically? i would think no, because straight is "normal". pride is needed for the same reasons being a person of colour or a woman is celebrated; we have been ignored, oppressed, discriminated against, had our basic human rights stripped away and hurt at one point or another, even during the 21st century because we are not "normal". we are supposedly different, inferior, not deserving to live as members of this horribly judgmental human society. we were taught that being different is good, but we question how good it can be when we face discrimination and throughout history have been discouraged from simply breathing, because if we breathe the same air as the straight white male children, we'll "corrupt them". minorities, not just the lgbtqa+ community, have days and months dedicated to the courageous people who have suffered so that today, minorities may have a chance to be treated as human. 

• Posted at:

happeh  

people come into our lives for a reason

bringing something we must learn

we are led to those who help us most to grow

we help them in return

i don't know if i believe that's true

but i know i'm who i am today

because i knew you

Thumbnail avatar 39a58e9441

clevercat546

Agreed!

And, Pride Month is a time where LGBTQ+ can wear rainbows or pastels and be crazy, because they won't be judged as much as the other eleven months.

That's probably already been said but that's all I can think of.

• Posted at:

Full name: Dacien Quill Pines

Also: Blaise

(For info go to /356271)

Other half: Jokester

Just your friendly SAMB Spiderman 

"MR STARK IT SMELLS LIKE A NEW CAR IN HERE!"

Homethread /331492

Full Signature /325349

Thumbnail avatar 9a5932f5a3

ponyspicy6

I agree.

Pride month is there to remind people that it's okay to be LGBT+ and we need to respect people who are because they are just as important and amazing as the rest of us. Straight people (like me) are hardly discriminated but LGBT + people are a lot more so is it really that bad that they have there own month if it makes them feel more accepted?

that's my opinion 

• Posted at:

ⓈⓃⓌ-ⒺⓁⓎⒾⓊⓂ

☯she/her/weirdo☯

☯Anime\Manga\Book obsessed

☯"Now don't you understand...I'm never changing who I am.."-Imagine Dragons☯

☯Goddess of winter, nature, and art☯

Remember the lost☯

☯LGBTQ+ supporter

Rember the SAMB

dogdragon1303

Hopefully my post goes through. I apparently can't minimize this on my device or it'll act weird. Anyway, I'd recommend watching some of Ben Shapiro's videos on victimhood. I think you guys need to see things from the "privileged" group's point of view. You aren't as much of a victim as you may think.

My original point was that you literally just had a pride month. You can be proud of whatever you want without having multiple months dedicated to it.

• Posted at:

Embyr

Proud Christian!

Acting the goat

//hiss hiss Slytherin//

whitewolf9078

Actually, we still aren’t judged less during June. After the Pride Festival is all over and done, we have to tuck away our flags and take off our makeup (if you’re walking home or taking public transportation) before we go back home to prevent an attack. It’s really sad...

• Posted at:

!!kodah!!

kindinky23

WHOAH. I didn't ask for a 20-page essay. You don't have to agree with me, but that's a lot to throw on me/Embyr/whoever else.

I've never heard of the straight pride flag, it is most definitely not publicized. Also I looked it up and there are like 20 different flags

• Posted at:

Dragonfly 

|Female||Straight|

|Slytherin||Human|

~~~~~~~  

cutewolf230

Look. I understand that the LGBT+ Community has gone through a lot of discrimination. And straight people haven't. You all have a point. But what Firefly, Embyr and I were sort of saying was that we have never celebrated the fact that a person is straight. Never. There are plenty of reasons for you to be mad. But I would appreciate for someone to read through some of the other side's posts and understand where we are coming from. 

• Posted at:

Luana

Catholic 

cutewolf230

Look. I understand that the LGBT+ Community has gone through a lot of discrimination. And straight people haven't. You all have a point. But what Firefly, Embyr and I were sort of saying was that we have never celebrated the fact that a person is straight. Never. There are plenty of reasons for you to be mad. But I would appreciate for someone to read through some of the other side's posts and try to understand where we are coming from. 

• Posted at:

Luana

Catholic 

whitewolf9078

Firefly, it is publicized actually. And what do you mean by 20 different flags? There should be only one and it’s black and white. And that 20-page essay is because this is something we stand for. I’m sure you’d do the same.

Luana, I did actually read the other side’s posts. I always do to make sure I don’t sound like a complete entire idiot. We don’t have straight pride day because being straight is considered “Normal” and that’s why people don’t need to come out as straight. There isn’t a straight pride month because they don’t have anything to fight for.

• Posted at:

!!kodah!!

dogdragon1303

Buddy, have you seen the hate for straight people? It's all over the internet. We're literally satan apparently

• Posted at:

Embyr

Proud Christian!

Acting the goat

//hiss hiss Slytherin//

Thumbnail avatar 700a49d0e7

dragonmoonlight221

*rubs forehead*

Ya’ll. Get over it. LGBTQ people, I love ‘em! Straight people, I love ‘em! 

NO GROUP OF PEOPLE SHOULD NEED A MONTH DEDICATED TO THEM TO CELEBRATE WHO THEY ARE!

Can I just ask you, does it really matter to you, straight people, that you get a month, or a flag, or something else? Or are you just trying to start an argument?

Can I just say to you, LGBTQ people, we know that you have suffered! We get it! And we’re sorry! But that is no reason to think that you deserve something more than any other group! Yes, you deserve repayment! But that doesn’t mean you are totally the victims! Gay people have problems, too!

And, how many of you are really gay, or lesbian, or bi, or any of those others that would take me hours to list? How many are just picking up on the bandwagon, because they think they’ll get special treatment?

Sorry. That was mean. I realize that this message board goes all over the world. But I’m in middle school, and there are a lot of pretenders. So yeah. Sorry for ranting. That’s just what’s I think.

• Posted at:

Jasper

Preferred Pronouns; He, Him

#LGBTQLivesMatter

Ravenclaw for the Cup!

#Casper

Wizard

Jedi Knight

Knight of Dawn

Caretaker

Demigod, Son of Athena

Priest of Thoth

Founder of Ship Weddings(No Idea if There Are Still Any) 

I meant to add on to this earlier, but I had to go rebuild my goats' pen because they broke it down. I understand the oppression thing, but even now the tables are turning(slowly). Excuse me if I sound mean, I'm honestly not trying to be, but I can't think of another way to put this. Where I'm at, I'm picked on for being a 'majority' color and being straight. The guys of my color have it worse, because they're considered the 'majority'. If you are of any color, a female, or not straight, you are the minorities. That outnumbers said majority threefold. Many of the 'majority' are now being pressured to be something they aren't, at least in my area. I know not all the rights are equal(yet), but if we are going to have a talk about this, we should look at it from both angles. 

• Posted at:

₵₳ł₦ Elysium 

A gunslinger

A female

A myth

"ᴛʜᴇ ᴛʀᴜsᴛ ᴏғ ᴛʜᴇ ɪɴɴᴏᴄᴇɴᴛ ɪs ᴀ ʟɪᴀʀ's ᴍᴏsᴛ ᴜsᴇғᴜʟ ᴛᴏᴏʟ"-ʀᴏʟᴀɴᴅ

#Haven86and3000+posts

dogdragon1303

*applauds Cain and Jasper* This ^ is what I'm trying to get at. You're not the only ones who feel like they're treated wrongly, and I don't think anyone deserves special treatment bc of things such as gender, race, sexuality, etc., but that's what so many of you guys seem to want. Consider that next time someone gets a bit ticked off when you demand multiple months and times focused solely on you.

• Posted at:

Embyr

Proud Christian!

Acting the goat

//hiss hiss Slytherin//

whitewolf9078

We are not demanding special treatment. Yes, we are aware that we are not the only ones who have been treated unfairly. Did no one hear the part about The Stonewall Raid? Pride month is celebrated because of it! I have already explained my points and if you take enough time to read through it, you’d understand where I’m at with this. When did we say anything about wanting special treatment? When did we say that other people didn’t have problems too? When did we hate on straight people? we didn’t. Not here, at least.

Pride month isn’t to celebrate who we are, it’s to celebrate that we are still here and that we have gotten this far!

What the h*** is this even about in the first place? Why are there sides to choice from? This is why we can’t have nice things!

• Posted at:

!!kodah!!

Thumbnail avatar f5c1cb7917

compasspaw43

*is about to voice my opinion* *turns around and walks out of the thread*

• Posted at:

We're Functioning just fine, we're alive

What's your Malfunction?

Bring it forth perfects a bore for what it's worth

Curvy, skinny, or bizarre

The best shape is who you are

Raise your hand if you're not from a mold

Varied strings are worth more than gold

no one said it was happening here. That was just the view of a few people. No need to get so hyped, Kodah. You've gotten this far. Good. Some people just don't see it the same way you do. Like I said earlier, in my spot we are hated upon, but that doesn't mean everyone does it. Same thing in reverse in other areas. LGBT+ is picked on in other spots, but not everywhere. There is no real sides, it's more of a discussion. 

• Posted at:

₵₳ł₦ Elysium 

A gunslinger

A female

A myth

#Haven86and3000+posts

STOP FIGHTING OVER THIS

• Posted at:

That's the thing. There isn't a fight, so do me a favor and stop calling it one. No one seems completely against the other, and there isn't a flame war in sight. 

• Posted at:

₵₳ł₦ Elysium 

A gunslinger

A female

A myth

#Haven86and3000+posts

kindinky23

Embyr has a serious point. Look up "Straight people are evil." There's all sorts of things. Including "Straight people are destroying the world", which is just.... seriously?

• Posted at:

Dragonfly 

|Female||Straight|

|Slytherin||Human|

~~~~~~~  

cutewolf230

Yeah. I just did my research, and I feel sick after reading some of that. I mean seriously? Some asked why straight people even exist, and other things that made me feel really sad.

• Posted at:

Luana

Catholic 

whitewolf9078

*deletes comment because someones gonna take it the wrong way*

all I can say is welcome to our world.

• Posted at:

!!kodah!!

Thumbnail avatar 67ce42604f

elfbrain270

I am straight even if I'm questioning it but I support LGBTQ+ no matter what anyone says. I'm on your guy's side. I'm saying that LGBT and straight people don't need to fight. This is like aa new version of the 60's. People are afraid of being different.

Love is love is love is love is love.

People don't get that sometimes.

• Posted at:

twice as strong

still alive

we've made it this far

we know how to survive

~mills

Thumbnail avatar 7542be23f2

eagledragon2361

Everyone here has fair points, and I'll like to applaud you all for approaching this logically and not going ham on each other. It's wonderful that you've all reached this point. I'm stepping in here because it seems to me that both the LGBTQ+ people and straight people have a lot in common. Below are the four main ideas I've seen on this thread, with both LGBTQ+ and straight perspectives on them. As I'm only a part of the straight group, I can only truly speak for them, but I did my best to represent both from what I've seen from my time on this and other forums. Please correct me if you feel something is inaccurate. I'd also love if other people could add commentary on headings, giving more insights onto the differences but overarching similarities between the groups. Thanks for your contributions towards better understanding on this forum. ;D

1) EVERY PERSON DESERVES TO BE TREATED FAIRLY, WITH RESPECT AND EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES
LGBTQ+: We should not be denied the basic decency and rights afforded to everyone else. We are all people, and deserve to be treated as such.
Straight: We should not be portrayed as hating the LGBTQ+ community. We acknowledge that there are some straight people who are strongly against the LGBTQ+ community, but the vast majority of us aren't. Some of us may not agree with the community (see below), but that does not mean we hate them.

2) BOTH SIDES DON'T HAVE TO AGREE TO TREAT THE OTHER WITH CIVILITY.
LGBTQ+: We do not agree with the sediments of those who do not agree with our lives, but we ask that they allow us our choice, just as we allow them theirs. What we personally believe is up to us, and while we may not agree with or completely understand the beliefs of others, we will treat them with the courtesy they deserve and only ask that they do the same for us.
Straight: We have three distinct groups; those who have no strong opinions on the LGBTQ+ community either way, those who are pro-LGBTQ+, and those who do not agree with the LGBTQ+ community for some religious or personal reason. Not speaking for the first two as they have no bearing on this, we may not agree with the concept of being LGBTQ+, but we do not love the people who are any less. What we think is up to us, and while we may not agree with or completely understand the beliefs of others, we will treat them with the courtesy they deserve and only ask that they do the same for us.

4) MOST EVERYONE IS PART OF SOME MINORITY- WE ALL HAVE HISTORY
LGBTQ+: We are stereotyped and judged by people who don't know us. There is so much pain and heartbreak that follows us, just look in the news.
Straight: Religion, race, gender, beliefs: we all carry history with us of our minority being treated poorly. Because many of us know what it's like to be treated this way, we try not to do it to you. Remember that everyone has their own stories, but we are all usually too wrapped up in our own to see them. Don't judge us in the way that you are fighting against being judged yourself.

5) EVERYONE SHOULD TAKE PRIDE IN THEMSELVES
LGTBQ+: We have pride month to celebrate what makes us special. Just because we are different that what is considered to be normal does not mean that we should not love ourselves for being ourselves.
Straight: We are equally as special as those who are LGTBQ+. We don't need a pride month since we are not pressing for our equal rights, but 11 months of the year aren't "straight pride" months. We don't use our sexuality or gender to express ourselves, but we celebrate and acknowledge the many other outlets straight and LGTBQ+ people use. Please don't accidentally or purposefully make us feel like we are worth less because we aren't LGTBQ+.

GENERAL STATEMENT
There are total wackos in every group, please don't judge us by their examples. They are minorities within our groups, and do not represent the group as a whole. We appreciate each other as complex and feeling individuals, not only "LGBTQ+" or "straight" people. Everyone deserves civility and respect, regardless of their gender or sexuality.

• Posted at:

Bobcat.

dragonmoonlight221

Thank you, Bobcat.

• Posted at:

Jasper

#LGBTQLivesMatter

Ravenclaw for the Cup!

#Casper

Wizard

Jedi Knight

Knight of Dawn

Caretaker

Demigod, Son of Athena

Priest of Thoth

dragonmoonlight221

Raise your hand if you feel sorry for the person who created this thread, and therefore, all this nonsense.

*raises hand*

• Posted at:

Jasper

#LGBTQLivesMatter

Ravenclaw for the Cup!

#Casper

Wizard

Jedi Knight

Knight of Dawn

Caretaker

Demigod, Son of Athena

Priest of Thoth

dogdragon1303

Bobcat's the mom we all need.

Seriously, though, that statement perfectly summed everything up.

• Posted at:

Embyr

Proud Christian!

Acting the goat

//hiss hiss Slytherin//

cutewolf230

*raises hand* 

I will say that not a lot of people think about the other side of the spectrum. 

• Posted at:

Luana

Catholic 

whitewolf9078

Uh yeah, no hate, but what was this about in the first place?

I am legitimately so happy that this stayed on this thread only.

• Posted at:

!!kodah!!

1 ,