Thumbnail avatar 5c248a1671

elfbear183

So, hello, this is my first and probably last thread on the spirit animals forum, but ill see. anyways, i wanted to make this to talk about the last book in the second series/fall of the great beasts. there will be spoilers so this is you last chance to leave this thread.

on with my thoughts! :)

so i didnt love how the series ended, and its not because its the last book, it just seemed.... kinda rushed and the whole book while i was reading it was just making me think like: what is going on and why this and whats happening and whats the author doing and stuff. im not saying the authors bad, it was written well enough. i just didnt like certain parts and liked some other parts. so heres some pros and cons: 

Pros-

-i liked the part where worthy came and like released them (i think) from prison, that was cool

-anka/kana siding with the four at the end against song

-rollan can fly omg, and everyone got to make cool talismans :D

-that fight between conor and cordelia (right?) was great

Cons-

-the ending seemed a bit rushed

-did anyone think the author was adding/pushing conllin (is that the ship name?) or is it just me. :P

-i feel like there wasnt enough backstory to why song was so crazy

and thats pretty much it, i cant think of any more right now. you guys can tell me what you think and idk we can dabate about whether it was good or not, or you can say your favorite moment in the book. :)

PS. which book was your favorite in the fall of the great beasts series, mine was book 6 the wildcats claw. 

• Posted at:

Please tell us why you'd like to report this post

My wof ocs:

MW: flame, flare, armadillo

SW: lantern, wave, pelican

RW: venom, lavender, mango, evergreen

SW: sandy, sting, desert

NW: midnight, smoky, starlight

SW: flarerock, comet, blighter

IW: frost, polaris, dodger

#wingsoffire

elfbear183

i just love how i used the wrong there in the title. XD and i thought i was ok at grammer. XP

• Posted at:

My wof ocs:

#wingsoffire

elfbear183

bump!

• Posted at:

My wof ocs:

#wingsoffire

elfbear183

bump?

• Posted at:

My wof ocs:

#wingsoffire

Thumbnail avatar 2dc0ce1850

scarletdragon3016

Hi,

Okay, so I feel about the same as you about the Dragon's Eye;

First, they developed the plot way too fast. And the characters changed so much, it's hard to believe who is whom. Like, Conor--no matter how much he bonds with Briggan, I don't think he'll be that wild.

Two, the characters' endings aren't even great. For instance, Song may have survived! Who knows? And the Oathbound... who knows how and when they will be judged? What will happen? :/

Maybe will add more, I need to go to bed now. :/

• Posted at:

I don't have to win.

Just doing the best I can is enough.  

G

a

l

a

Explosion

i

a

n

elfbear183

oooo, agreed and also your the first other person to post something on here. thanks for telling me what you think of the dragons eye!

• Posted at:

My wof ocs:

#wingsoffire

scarletdragon3016

Hi elfbear183,

No problem, xD. What else would you like to discuss? I really like to discuss books and other similar things, :).

-Galaxian Explosion-

• Posted at:

I don't have to win.

G

a

l

a

Explosion

i

a

n

elfbear183

Hmmm, what's your favorite book in the fall of the great beast series? Mine is the wildcats claw. Because Worthy really showed courage and showed how he was loyal and actually being kind to people. Love how he came back in the dragons eye. I also liked the Rellin and how the wildcats claw works, it's really powerful. I just wish they had time to use it though, that would've been cool. I cant remember what else, but I also liked the way the author wrote it, their style was better than some others I personally think. :)

• Posted at:

My wof ocs:

#wingsoffire

scarletdragon3016

Hi,

Favorite book? Well... personally, I like The Burning Tide a lot, if you're talking about the Fall of the Beasts series, and not just the part about the Oathbound. I feel like there was a lot of action in it and I really liked it. Unfortunately, I was really looking forward to the Dragon's Eye and it actually disappointed me. Maybe they (the author and those working on it) were rushed?

If you've read the Burning Tide, I will just... talk about why I like it, I guess. The action...for instance, it was the end to the Wyrm battle. I really liked all the action both above-ground and belowground. I really thought it was sad how the Wyrm ruined so many people and lives... it was really cruel, because Greencloaks had to fight against each other, friends against friends, family aganst family. But I have to say, when those Redcloaks were killed I really cringed. I mean, they were former Conquerors who redeemed themselves, and then... they had their lives ended. I don't know. For me, it was really a sad book in general.

Then I had to "watch" Conor going towards getting possessed by the Wyrm... then he had to fight against Meilin, his friends, and even his spirit animal. And Abeke had to fight against possessed Uraza.

What I really liked about that book what the character relationships. For instance, even though Abeke still had a sort of grudge towards Shane, and even though she was repeatedly getting hurt because of losing Uraza or having to fight her, Shane still ended up saving her. I think he totally redeemed himself... King to the end. It was so sad; I think that if he hadn't had to sacrifice himself, maybe the others: Meilin, Rollan, and Conor, would have accepted him at some time, but he had to do it to prove himself and his resolve.

Overall, The Burning Tide was sad, but striking, and it held me to the end. Oh, speaking of the end, Zerif was always such a evil and oily man, wanting power, manipulating his own power in the Devourer War and in the Wyrm Battle. And I still don't like the character, even though I go back and look at him in Wild Born, or Hunted, or whatever books he appears in in the first series, but he also proved his own good side by sacrificing himself along with the Wyrm. So, he wasn't so bad after all.

That's what I believe... even bad people have some good in them.

Anyways, that was waayyyy over what I intended to write. What's your favorite book in the first series? And what do you think could have been done to the Dragon's Eye to make it better?

-Galaxian Explosion-

By the way, call me Galaxy, Galaxian, Explode, Explosion, Big Bang, or anything space-related you can come up with, xD. I think we could be friends!

• Posted at:

I don't have to win.

G

a

l

a

Explosion

i

a

n

Thumbnail avatar 9a5932f5a3

ponyspicy6

I didn't love the dragon's eye. It didn't make sense why Conor would pick a fight and why he would act so cocky. That's something Rollan would do. Also, Abeke was acting super playful and childish instead of her usual serious self. Melin was being beaten in fights way to easily. And the books ended with a cliffhanger so we don't know what things are like in Erdas. I know that's a lot of cliticization for the book but this is one of my favourite series so I really wanted the last book to answer all the questions I had along the way. Mainly who is Abeke shipped with?

• Posted at:

ⓈⓃⓄⓌ-ⒺⓁⓎⓈⒾⓊⓂ

☯she/her/weirdo☯

☯Anime\Manga\Book obsessed

☯"Now don't you understand...I'm never changing who I am.."-Imagine Dragons☯

☯Goddess of winter, nature and art☯

Remember the lost☯

☯LGBTQ+ supporter

scarletdragon3016

Hi Snow,

So true! xD. I feel like you said all of it for me. I think, by what I have seen so far, that people like Conor and Abeke, and Meilin and Rollan. ...Don't throw fruits at me if I'm wrong, xD.

-Galaxian-

• Posted at:

I don't have to win.

G

a

l

a

Explosion

i

a

n

elfbear183

for galaxian:

i completely agree, the burning tide was really cool. if you want to know my favorite book in the series i already wrote about it in the post before yours. 

for snow: 

idk who abeke is shipped with. i thought it was conor. but she like kissed him on the forehead and like healed his thoughts on the wyrm somehow? (still dont get how that worked, does she have mind healing powers?) and after that non of the authors really did anything with it and i felt like the last book the author was pushing conor x mellin way too much, but thats what i felt like.

• Posted at:

My wof ocs:

#wingsoffire

scarletdragon3016

Hi Elfbear,

I meant in the first series, not in Fall of the Beasts. I'm sorry if I misunderstood your meaning, or if I managed to misunderstand again.

-Galaxian-

• Posted at:

I don't have to win.

G

a

l

a

Explosion

i

a

n

elfbear183

Oooooh, ok. Well I loved the evertree, even more now since I find it way better than the dragons eye. The pacing was just great and I could feel the emotions radiating off the characters. And tellun appearing and kovo betraying Shane. Also abeke was really angry at Shane but that gave me that like the vibe that's like, "I'm not doing this anymore, Im not trusting you ever" (of course she does end up trusting Shane, for good reason too cuz he's not bad he was just misunderstood and trying to save stetriol.) The end with the tree was neat, and like mellin breaking gerathons spell on her with the help of rollan was so heart warming. :3 anyways, that's overall why I loved the evertree, geez I wrote alot. XP

• Posted at:

My wof ocs:

#wingsoffire

scarletdragon3016

I totally agree! Though, I have to say, it seems more like a ending than Dragon's Eye, especially due to the last chapter. I really like the author's writing style and description. 

-Galaxian-

• Posted at:

I don't have to win.

G

a

l

a

Explosion

i

a

n

elfbear183

yeah idk why the dragons eye seemed so incomplete. i dont blame the author but i wouldnt have minded if theyed taken more time to wriite it so it was better.

• Posted at:

My wof ocs:

#wingsoffire

scarletdragon3016

What ending would you have preferred? Or anything, preferred?

-Galaxian-

• Posted at:

I don't have to win.

G

a

l

a

Explosion

i

a

n

Thumbnail avatar 8cd620f173

icedragon791

I actually like the pacing in the first half of The Dragon's Eye, but the middle was weird, and while the fighting was good in the end, the final chapter still left plot holes.

Honestly, the middle feels like weird filler. Worthy shows up, the heroes get freed, they talk with... oh, Chief Ugo is his name, they free prisoners, they go to Song's room, and then they make their tokens. I can't really explain it, but somehow all of this feels out of place like it's too much and it's forgettable, or at least I forgot about half of it.

Personally, I think it would make more sense to just have Worthy come over and convince the heroes to make their tokens. It's straightforward and would actually give Worthy more development than what he really got ('cuz he showed up for all of 15 minutes before leaving again *sighs*).

The bond tokens and fights were all pretty cool though. I believe I said in another post long ago that I was ok with the ending, but I'm actually going to take that back now. I liked the ending phrase Rollan says, but it would have been nice to clear everything up to the world leaders at the Citadel... and check to see if Olvan, Lenori, and Xanthe are ok. Plus decide Kana's fate.

• Posted at:

-Paladin-

*✧ Fighting Evil by Moonlight - Winning Love by Daylight ✧*

(Your shy little gamer and book-nerd) - [Proud Catholic]

"I'll find some really deep quote to put here someday."

Sorry in advance for any long essays.

And I'm out!

elfbear183

Yeah like, I would have liked the book to be paced better, include more answers, and overall not try to push extra irelivent information. Like what paladin said, the start was ok, I think it was paced well. But for me the middle was weird and the ending left so many cliff hangers. Sadly, the middle was so confusing to me that I can't really remmerem much except the token making (which it was described really well) and Worthy coming back. The end wasn't the best. Where did song and her water dragon go? What are Conor, rollan, mellin, and abekes futures? What about Worthy? Etc....

• Posted at:

My wof ocs:

#wingsoffire

elfbear183

Bump!

• Posted at:

My wof ocs:

#wingsoffire

scarletdragon3016

Sorry, I didn't see your post.

I think the ending would be much better if the ending was sorted out clearly, with no cliffhangers. Cliffhangers in the end of a series is annoying.

-Galaxian-

• Posted at:

I don't have to win.

G

a

l

a

Explosion

i

a

n

elfbear183

Yeah cliffhangers are annoying, I also would love like, a next generation thing if they ever make a new series of spirit animals. :)

• Posted at:

My wof ocs:

#wingsoffire

scarletdragon3016

There's a RP I'm currently in called Oathbound Oppression, it's basically about what happens after the Dragon's Eye. Something really needed on my part, since I was really disappointed by the "last" book.

-Galaxian-

• Posted at:

I don't have to win.

G

a

l

a

Explosion

i

a

n

Thumbnail avatar 8cd620f173

icedragon791

Honestly, I just don't think we'll get a third series, but I've always thought that a story about the other Great Beast summoners would be fun. They're all fresh new characters brimming with potential for growth! Their Great Beasts could also have some interesting development.

And yo, Galaxy, The Burning Tide is also my favorite Fall of the Beasts book. I was invested from start to finish. The beginning started out so rather lighthearted at the Redcloak base, and the characterization was especially fun to watch (like Tasha tripping Rollan, the awkward moment where we meet Worthy and Jolt, and Worthy sincerely trying to ask about Conor). But the story becomes so much darker with Conor turning and then the Redcloaks dying. And of course, Shane's death broke me for the rest of the book, because for crying out loud Abeke, He. Loved. You!... He was always trying to help her no matter how Abeke kept switching between nice and grudgy throughout the book... if only it didn't have to take losing him for her to remember how much he actually meant to her...  The final chapter still certainly isn't a happy ending - I don't think it's supposed to be after so much had been lost - but it shows life continuing on anyways, trying to find a way to make things better.

(An honest summary of my post: Yeah, so my favorite book was the one that tore out my heart and left me broken inside for a while. It had a happy beginning, but not a happy ending, and you know, that's ok.)

• Posted at:

-Paladin-

*✧ Fighting Evil by Moonlight - Winning Love by Daylight ✧*

(Your shy little gamer and book-nerd) - [Proud Catholic]

"I'll find some really deep quote to put here someday."

Sorry in advance for any long essays.

And I'm out!

I personally felt as if the whole book was rushed, especially the ending. I would have liked if the authors had explained what the four fallen and there owners spend their time when there is no crime or danger.

• Posted at:

6/23/18

Siggy under construction

Grace

scarletdragon3016

Hey Paladin,

That's nice, I felt like it was very well written, even though the rest of the series was great, too. Honestly, it went downhill from the Dragon's Eye, on my account. I really liked the Evertree, as well, so I thought the Dragon's Eye would be great, like the other endings.

I guess it's half a happy ending, after all, Zerif did become good for an instant and help out by destroying the Wyrm, sacrificing himself, and Conor returned to himself again...but happy endings can be boring sometimes, you know? So in my way I'm sort of glad it was half-good, half-sad.

-Galaxy-

• Posted at:

I don't have to win.

G

a

l

a

Explosion

i

a

n

elfbear183

wow, how did you guys all get on here? XD

anyways, you guys all have great points. btw galaxy, is there any more room in your rp?

• Posted at:

My wof ocs:

#wingsoffire

scarletdragon3016

Hey elfbear,

I don't know, I think this is an interesting topic definitely...xD.

And it isn't my RP, it belongs to Tiger, I just consider myself to be a major part of it. It's still open, unlimited spots. Are you interested? If so, tell me and I could bump it for you! ^_^

-Galaxian-

• Posted at:

I don't have to win.

G

a

l

a

Explosion

i

a

n

elfbear183

Well I'm in two rps right now, hmm, how far along is the rp? Is there another of people?

• Posted at:

My wof ocs:

#wingsoffire

scarletdragon3016

Well, the RP isn't very far along and still in beginning stages, and is still accepting new people...

Though we have had the problem of not having enough people for a long time...

There's Tiger, Zia, Meg (currently inactive), Rune/Swampy, and me, not a lot of people.

You could always join if you want! In fact, I would be glad to help you put the form in. Don't worry about being too busy, this RP goes pretty slow, xD, but just fast enough to not let it die out...

Hope I didn't just scare you away,

-Galaxian-

• Posted at:

I don't have to win.

G

a

l

a

Explosion

i

a

n

elfbear183

ok i cant find the rp, so can you give me the link? :P

• Posted at:

My wof ocs:

#wingsoffire

elfbear183

alright, ill go take a look and submit a form if it seems interesting, thanks!

• Posted at:

My wof ocs:

#wingsoffire