Thumbnail avatar ba19973bbb

pinkpuma175

Yesterday, I have playing Elder Scrolls Online, just doing quests. I was given a quest to talk to this overseer, but first to find her. When I went to where she was, there was another woman, who said was her wife.

And it was just presented normally; no dialogue option to say “Your wife?” 

I’m just still happy about it. I also heard there are multiple LGBT+ characters in ESO. For example, there’s a whole quest in the Summerset DLC where you help a trans woman restore ties with her family.

Representation makes me so happy

• Posted at:

Please tell us why you'd like to report this post

FrostPi

they/them

Thumbnail avatar b162f9c21d

dreamtimecrow55

Thats so nice to hear! I love stuff like that, any representation is really nice to see and hear about. Makes me happy.

• Posted at:

__Reve_Elysium__

They/Them || Gay || Leo

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"We all cry in mascara, it happens." ☾  

→Jenna Marbles←

⦊ Artist

⦊ Roleplayer

⦊ Character Design & World building

⦊ High Concentration of uwu

Thumbnail avatar 9a5932f5a3

ponyspicy6

Me too, if media supports LGBTQA+ then it'll help a lot of people become supporters as well *glares at Fox News Reporter*

• Posted at:

ⓈⓃⓌ-ⒺⓁⓎⒾⓊⓂ

☯she/her/weirdo☯

☯Anime\Manga\Book obsessed

☯"Now don't you understand...I'm never changing who I am.."-Imagine Dragons☯

☯Goddess of winter, nature, and art☯

Remember the lost☯

☯LGBTQ+ supporter

Rember the SAMB

dreamtimecrow55

@Seeker - While for the most part I can agree with you, I see no problem with having these sorts of discussions here. If someone doesn't want to see stuff about LGBTQ+ then the thread is CLEARLY labeled as being about that, or they can simply click away. LGBT things are not something that should be considered an adult/not child friendly topic if we are keeping it PG otherwise. Kids should be exposed to it so they realize that it is in fact a thing that just happens, so they don't grow up completely thinking that its super unusual or whatever.

• Posted at:

__Reve_Elysium__

They/Them || Gay || Leo

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

→Jenna Marbles←

⦊ Artist

⦊ Roleplayer

pinkpuma175

Yeah bro

dont ruin this thread

And plus this went through mod so it it is child friendly

• Posted at:

FrostPi

they/them

Thumbnail avatar 1676635733

dragondolphin2613

I am straight (a straight male), but I don't feel that there is anything wrong with LGBTQ+, and like 4 or 5 people in my class are, and they don't get bullied by other kids, so yes, Reve, I agree with you, like my sisters once heard me saying telling my parents about that, and they walked up (they are younger sisters, aged 4 & 6) to us, and said, "That is sooo weird," my parents had to correct them, and told them there are people like that and how it isn't right to say that about them...

-Tiger

• Posted at:

↰↱!Gə

Forum Bros with Arl!

“In times of darkness, conjure Lumos. - Tiger

Founder and Editor of the SAMB Forum Newspaper.

Sebastian, Camelia, Resha, Markus.

I don't think it's ruining the thread, just like I don't think it isn't nice to say(referring to another thread). She's just stating that maybe this isn't the best place to talk about it. Considering all this acceptance talk, I don't understand why you guys get so defensive over talking about it. 

• Posted at:

₵₳ł₦ Elysium 

A gunslinger

A female

A myth

"ᴛʜᴇ ᴛʀᴜsᴛ ᴏғ ᴛʜᴇ ɪɴɴᴏᴄᴇɴᴛ ɪs ᴀ ʟɪᴀʀ's ᴍᴏsᴛ ᴜsᴇғᴜʟ ᴛᴏᴏʟ"-ʀᴏʟᴀɴᴅ

#Haven86and3000+posts

It's like if anyone shows anything that remotely resembles disagreement, someone's ruining a thread or doing something wrong. 

• Posted at:

₵₳ł₦ Elysium 

A gunslinger

A female

A myth

#Haven86and3000+posts

Thumbnail avatar 77898c74ca

whitewolf9078

Seeker is just explaining her opinion. And in a nice way also. If she was being all demanding, that would’ve made it not nice.

Also, @Cain, a lot of members of the lgbt+ community are so defensive about is type of stuff is because we want to heard, not ignore again like all those many times. (Actually, i can guarantee you’d understand more about if you were in the community.)

• Posted at:

!!kodah!!

I'm the Ultimate Romantic!

The Ultimate Romantic doesn't know how to confess to his crush

!!!Don't Forget To Bond With Your Pineapple!!!

@kodah, I probably would, and I'm supportive of said community, but I can't be apart of it even if I wanted to. That's kind of what I'm getting at, though. If you want to be heard, why not discuss it and show people how you see things, as well as hear what others have to say. Everyone is heard, and no one is ignored. The only time I want to ignore is when I get ad hominem thrown at me left and right. 

• Posted at:

₵₳ł₦ Elysium 

A gunslinger

A female

A myth

#Haven86and3000+posts

Thumbnail avatar b114f60249

unicornwolf33

@Cain: You can be apart of the community, it's called being an "ally". Just because you're straight doesn't mean you can't be involved.

I think that FrostPi just didn't want their post to be turned into an argument about LGBTQ+ and after seeing so many arguments about it on here, I can agree.

They just wanted people to appreciate the diversity media shows by involving LGBTQ+ characters or people in their productions. That was it.

• Posted at:

ʟʏs ʀʙʟ ʀɪs ɪs ʜʀ, ʙʜɪɴ ʜ ʀ, ɪɴ ʜ ɴx ʀ; ʙ ɪ ʜ ʟs ʜ ʏ. ʀʜs ɪ ʜ ɴʟʏ ɪsʟɪ ɪ. /ɪɴ
Thumbnail avatar 85340044d1

kindinky23

...But what about straight representation? (:I

• Posted at:

Dragonfly 

|Female||Straight|

|Slytherin||Human|

~~~~~~~  

Congrats you were bored enough to look for white text

@Reve, I actually appreciate when you comment, because you talk about your opinions in a calm manner that I can actually make sense of rather than being told I'm the epitome of the human race because my ancestors weren't fair. 

• Posted at:

₵₳ł₦ Elysium 

A gunslinger

A female

A myth

#Haven86and3000+posts

@lycu, that is the first time I've ever been told that. Most of the time I'm kind of evil, and it feels kind of wrong to have name for that, but who am I to judge? I'm sure she meant something like that, but it was worded very wrong and not in the best manner, which started this in the first place. 

• Posted at:

₵₳ł₦ Elysium 

A gunslinger

A female

A myth

#Haven86and3000+posts

Thumbnail avatar 971efb7c8a

mermaidvulcan14

I do believe that representation is important, as long as it is done correctly. I see movies, books, shows that have representation, but the representation character can literally be defined as "I'm gay" and nothing more. It's like the show writers just want rep so they don't get backlash. Tbh, I would rather have a straight character that has personality and depth rather than a rep character that can be summed up in "I'm gay". And don't get me started on forced rep. 

Anyways, credits to the movies, shows and books that actually make good rep characters

• Posted at:

Syalla

Sub 2 Pewdiepie

G A M E R S, R I S E  U P

Sned help

Me Me BIG Disappointment

Remember Stefan (Robbie Rotten), Stan Lee and Stephan Hillenburg

I.S. ruined Fire Emblem

Wait, am I supposed to put something edgy and/or thought provoking here?

Thumbnail avatar 7840051c4f

dragonwolf4753

Woah, can I pause this for just a moment, guys?

@Reve, I wasn't trying to walk in a thread and say it was who shouldn't talk about it. I said that the topic was good just keep it PG because these topics can start arguments and I personally don't want that to start happening. I understand your way of thinking but I never tried to put a downer on the thread. I generally wanted to express my feelings and hear other people's feelings on the matter. Nothing more nothing less. Don't get all fired up when there's no wood to start a flame, guys. And when you say that the comment was unnecessary, to others that would be offensive. Reve, you need to think about people's feelings as well as what they say. 

This place gets more and more agruments because none of you can have a little bit of the other side. Take a deep breaths guys and chill with me. I just wanted to speak some of my opinions for those of us who aren't LGBTQ+. I understand your ranting, feelings, cries, and voices but don't yell at someone who just wants to listen to more people talk. I never once said this topic was not kid-friendly, I just said it could be if something like this arises, which did because someone took something the wrong way which is fine.

@Tiger, it's good to hear that young people are deciding what they can do and I'm all for you man.

@Kodah, your voices should be heard and I agree with that. 

However, the moment someone says something else, you guys start arguing. I just wanted to enjoy some topics which held potential. I said PG because if you look how the topic has changed from friendly to arguing. That was what I was saying, probably wasn't clear enough though. 

@Lupa, your words always are as inspiring as always. I'm always glad to hear your words that are brought to the conversation.

@Cain, thank you for helping. I wasn't trying to say that this thread was kid-friendly, it just seems that others think that when someone else has a slightly different view they have to change that which is somewhat sad but understandable. They want to voice their opinions which to me is awesome. Hearing those voices always brings change and I like change but what Reve said wasn't nice and I'll admit it but you always have to consider people's intentions. I'm sure Reve is trying to be nice you just have to respect her opinion which I did, she just clearly didn't respect mine which is fine. Most places don't allow thread topics like this which is why I like the SAMB very much. 

A word of advice for everyone. Try not to get all fired up when someone was just stating their opinion and just wanted to join the conversation. I didn't say anything bad about LGBTQ+, in fact, I think it's great but some of you choose to instead reverse my words and say that I was putting 'a bit of a downer' on a topic. 

I just wanted to hear some people's voices on LGBTQ+ but you guys are just arguing now and twisting people's words around. Think about perspective okay.

• Posted at:

Seeker/V̵̰̱̾̂̇̀̈́͜ǒ̴̪͓̺̎̀̌̐́̏̈́̅ȉ̵̢̧̦̣̼͙͇͔̖̍̓͌̀̇͜d̸͖̼̟̝̪͖͆̅̿ ʜɪʀ-ʟʏɪ-ʀʙʟ

ɪ ɴ' ʀ ɪ ʀ ʏ ɪɴ,ɪ ʀʟʏ ɪ ʀ ɢɪɴ ʀʏ ɪ

The house was awake, the shadows and monsters. The hallways, they echoed and groaned

Thank you, seeker, and my apologies if anything I said was taken the wrong way. 

• Posted at:

₵₳ł₦ Elysium 

A gunslinger

A female

A myth

#Haven86and3000+posts

unicornwolf33

I

• Posted at:

unicornwolf33

I don't understand what happened to my post there, a goblin must have come and eaten the rest of it up.

But what I was saying is that I believe everyone just misinterpreted the situation and that if there's anything we can all agree on, none of us want to start a flame war.

And you're a good sibling Seek. I'm sorry that you felt attacked, which I don't believe was anyone's intention in this thread.

• Posted at:

dragonwolf4753

*STARES AT LYCUS* YOU CHANGED YOUR NAME AND I DIDN'T NOTICE?!?

@Lycus, all seriousness though, I'm pretty sure no one was trying to truly attack me personally. And I don't want this to become a flame war either. And when did you come back? 

If I offended you in any way, for that I'm sorry. I wanted to put my thoughts out there and let others hear it, I didn't want it to become an argument (My first post was talking about how to not make it into an argument but I guess I didn't do a good enough job...) Anyways, it's good to see that some of us still are here. *Pokes Lycus in the shoulder*

• Posted at:

The house was awake, the shadows and monsters. The hallways, they echoed and groaned

unicornwolf33

@Seeker: Haha, I just changed it recently. I realized it didn't really fit who I was now and that it was time for an update.

And I believe you, flame wars aren't good for anyone. I've been back here for a few months now, lol. I tend to drift around in interdimensional space for the most part. Roleplays on here keep me from becoming a total recluse however, if there's one thing I have an addiction to it's that. 

I don't talk on these sorts of threads as much anymore because they usually end up...well, like this. I used to get involved in arguments but I just found out they don't really solve anything so I stopped posting on most threads. Though I was honestly concerned at first that you were trying to say that LGBT+ topics weren't kid friendly, it became apparent soon enough that that wasn't the case. It's all good. *Pokes back*

• Posted at:

dreamtimecrow55

@Seeker -
" let's try not to be too vocal about it here on a kid-friendly website."
"this place isn't the kinda place for this stuff."
How is that not what you said? I'm not trying to take what you said out of context, and granted you did say you'd like us to continue to topic, but still. You didn't say anything about how it could 'get' to the point of not being kid friendly, you just said it wasn't. I interpreted your words how i did, and since its very hard to tell tone and intention over the internet I think we're both misunderstanding. I seriously don't mean to be disrespectful to you, but i'm being incredibly honest. I saw your comment as unnessisary, and while some of it had valididity, some of it I felt like was a touch different from my perspective and I wanted to share that, as well as my honest thought that it seems like a bit much to come in and tell us that we shouldn't be "too vocal about it here on a kid-friendly website" despite us not talking about anything but representation. I'm sure you had good intentions, and maybe its not my place to say that was uncessary, but that's just how I felt. We're all sharing opinions here, and everyone's words are bound to get twisted and toes are bound to get stepped on.

Unnecessary probably wasn't the best word choice, now that I better see where you're coming from. Just the way you said it, it didn't come across the way you meant it too. I'm not 'fired up' or anything, im just stating my feelings, and I'm sorry if I was accidentally rude, usually I don't speak up much at all about my feelings and I bet you can see why. I don't see you as rude or anything like that, I don't have any negative feelings towards you and I hope you can forgive me for taking my opinions too far, we're all human though, I make mistakes as everyone else does, and im sorry for that.

@Cain - Thank you! I do try to be calm, whether my words come across correctly or not, and you seem pretty level-headed yourself. ^^ 

• Posted at:

__Reve_Elysium__

They/Them || Gay || Leo

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

→Jenna Marbles←

⦊ Artist

⦊ Roleplayer

pinkpuma175

Please, I don’t want people to go on and argue. This is not a debate thread.

I don’t care if it’s “differing opinion.” 

What if someone made a thread about being happy about getting therapy for say like depression and then somebody replies to it saying “Therapy is unnatural :)”

its stupid

i don’t want your opinion, I don’t need to know your moral alignment

• Posted at:

FrostPi

they/them

dragonwolf4753

@Reve, I understand that. By vocal, I meant by arguing and yelling. I wasn't clear enough which annoys me because I thought the wording was correct but clearly not. I agree with what you're saying. I usually stay quiet on these types of threads and strict to RPs so yeah. If anything I should be sorry due to unable to be clear. We are all human and we all make mistakes. So keep that chin up Reve, because of your opinions matter. I'm glad we could make this right. I have three friends who are LGBTQ+ so I understand where you are coming from (I worry about them sometimes because they can argue a lot and be very vocal about it and often telling me to become one of them)

Besides, if I didn't hang around you, I'd lose another role-playing buddy and I can't let that happen. Your role-playing skills are great and the SAMB would be less cool. 

• Posted at:

dreamtimecrow55

@FrostPi - Sorry, i dont think any of us meant to start an argument. Its prettymuch wrapped up now I hope. 

• Posted at:

__Reve_Elysium__

They/Them || Gay || Leo

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

→Jenna Marbles←

⦊ Artist

⦊ Roleplayer

dragonwolf4753

@Lycus, True, I usually don't involve myself with these sorts of the thread either but role-plays are slow right now so I thought I'd check up on other stuff. Yeah, it's all good *Tries not to die from the lack of sleep from being a camp counselor for eight days*

@FrostPi, I agree with what you're saying and I'm glad there are people like you who are happy about representation because it is important. I meant no disrespect to your opinions or ideas. I just wanted to join in the conversation. I hope you can forgive. Actually, I just recently played a game with lgbt characters in it and it was cool to see so I agree with you. 

• Posted at:

dreamtimecrow55

@Seeker - Ah, I see now. And things always make more sense in your head than they do when ya write them out, I understand. I also usually stick to RP's, haha, less chance for arguing there. 

I'm automatically worried for your friends though, I hope they figure out that they shouldn't tell people to become one of them' - sexuality and such not a choice and that goes both ways.

Aw thank you! Yain't so bad yourself ^^ Plus you're Lycus's friend so you gotta be pretty cool automatically. 

• Posted at:

__Reve_Elysium__

They/Them || Gay || Leo

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

→Jenna Marbles←

⦊ Artist

⦊ Roleplayer

Thumbnail avatar b7d99bda52

powerfulwolf250

@Frostpi

It isn’t ideal, but people can say whatever they want, wherever they want. People shouldn’t have to conform to your mindset because you feel they should. And I get that you like representation, but others have opinions on it. Your thread is opening the gates for those opinions.

You may not like hearing a differing opinions, but this place is notorious for differing opinions on topics such as these. If you do not want to hear them, try not to post them in this place. This might seem unfair. But it’s also unfair to the other side, who feels silenced because you don’t want to hear them. You only want to hear your side.

If somebody made the thread you used as an example and a person said such a thing, people would debate with that person. That person may not like the debating and differing opinions, but it is their fault for sharing their otherwise controversial opinion. I get that this is supposed to be a happy thread. But there’s is nothing wrong with others adding in their thoughts when they are presented in a respectful manner. The people replying have all been civil, so I see not problem.

This is a place where debates about these topics constantly pop up. It is not a wise descision to share them if you are not looking for a debate.

• Posted at:

TALON

INTP-

FEMALE  

VIRGO

"I'm not the one who's lost with no direction, but you'll never see."Thanks for the memories, everyone. I'll miss you all.

dragonwolf4753

@Reve, they can be a handful but I know deep down they're good people. Besides, any role-player is immediately cool. Then again, no one can be as coon as Lycus. He's the top of the top, ^^

@Talon, those are some words of wisdom my friend and I agree however I believe we have sorted out this displacement and have gotten back on track. It's good to see that some things can be fixed and not stay broken forever. You always have some thoughtful insight though so thanks, and I agree. If you write a thread, you must be prepared for other people's opinions on other matters, which is also true in real life as well. 

• Posted at:

Thumbnail avatar 77898c74ca

whitewolf9078

I think what I said came off in the wrong way

• Posted at:

!!kodah!!

I'm the Ultimate Romantic!

The Ultimate Romantic doesn't know how to confess to his crush

!!!Don't Forget To Bond With Your Pineapple!!!

Thumbnail avatar f04ec13a2d

catamber1354

I'm a straight female, but the amount of my friends who are LGBT+ almost outnumber those who aren't. I've been friends with these people longer then they knew they fit under that title, they're all great people and it pains me to see others unfriendly with them. They're still the same people. I often see posts saying about "How far we have yet to go" and so on, and as a result this thread makes me very happy to see there are people and places who openly accept this as normal. It should be normal, I've never understood why it's not considered that way by some people in society.

• Posted at:

Forget all this stuff that I usually put here. The forums are ending so no one cares what's supposed to be here.

But this is what I want you all to remember: Be kind. You will have everything in life if you are kind.

Love you all.

~Windsong <3