Thumbnail avatar cefe184489

swampcloud51

Prologue:

War. That's all there was in the year 3,000. Every district for itself, each hungry for the entire world.

There were eight districts, each having more or less the same military strength. None would back down.

But then there was a pause, a disruption in the every day fight for dominance and survival.

Someone had secretly proposed an idea, a less destructive way to figure out dominance. A battle of brains without an actual battle. 

It would be tricky, but certainly doable. The eight districts agreed and paused all warfare. 

Then all they could do was wait. No one knew for how long. It could be months, years even. Most people didn't even know why the war was at a standstill. 

The fate of the world rests unknowingly on the shoulders of eight teens and the creater of the Riddle Room. 

{Sorry guys, I couldn't wait to start it! The first chapter should come in soon after all the characters are accaccepted. If you lost the thread, the number is /334016}

{Oh, and Mods please let this through}

• Posted at:

Please tell us why you'd like to report this post

ʀʊռɛ

She Her Timelord

➻ Triplet with Time and Tiger

➻ Definitely not Swampy

➻ Creator of CC

Technically, good times don't ever end. We'll always remember them.

242 Pages of Posts

6877+ Stars 

swampcloud51

Chapter One:

Rune's eyes shot open after a very strange dream. She gazed around and suddenly felt a series of questions fill her head along with slight nausea. This was already far stranger than her dream. 

There were three other girls and four boys. Most of them were still sleeping on the hard white floor, but a group of four was awake and quietly conversing. They hadn't noticed Rune yet.

Rune sat up and rubbed her eyes as if to make sure she wasn't seeing things. Her brain kept telling her that what she was seeing couldn't be real; it couldn't be happening. And yet, it was. 

Rune was stuck in a blinding white square room with no sign of any entrance or exit. There wasn't a window either. She was wearing her favorite pair of clothes, which was a pair of black combat boots, jean pants and a solid green shirt, that she never remembered putting on. The only thing that stood out was a whiteboard with an expo marker attached to it at the end of a white string. 

The whiteboard read, "Welcome to the Riddle Room. Please, enjoy your stay." Underneath was a very poorly drawn, decapitated stick figure. 

As Rune stood up to erase the morbid drawing, one of the boys from the tiny group noticed her and snickered. 

"Like my drawing? I finished it just a few minutes ago," he said in a hushed tone, walking over from the corner of the room. He managed not to step on anyone and stopped right next to Rune. He ran his hand through his brown hair. He wore blue gym shorts and a solid gray shirt.

"No," Rune replied bluntly. 

The boy frowned. "Yeah, it's not very good. I'm Terrance, by the way. Who might you be?"

"Rune."

"Pleasure to meet you, Rune. I must say, that's an unusual name. Can I indrocude you to the others?" Terrance gestured towards the other three people awake.

"Sure," Rune shrugged, though she was a bit uncertain. What if they're all from rival, uh, from...Huh. I don't know. 

Terrance led the way past the sleeping people to a group of two other boys and one girl. 

"Hi!" greeted the girl excitedly. Her long and wavy black hair bounced back and forth as she waved.

One the boys, the one with dark gray hair and tattoos near his eye, pressed his finger to his lips and said, "Shhh. Other people are sleeping, remember?"

"Oh, right," the girl giggled. "So anyway, I'm Jokester, this is Kiero," she pointed to a boy with dirty blond hair that had a single blue streak to it. He gave Rune a wave, "that's Ridge," she gestured to the guy who told her to stay quiet. He flashed a smile at Rune. "and he is Terrance!" Jokester motioned to the boy who brought Rune over. "So who are you?"

"Rune. My name is Rune," Rune answered. "Nice to meet you all, I guess. Um, does anyone know where we are and why we're here? Well, aside from this 'Riddle Room'."

"Nope," Ridge replied, slinging his arm over Rune's shoulder. "But don't worry, I'll protect you."

"Great, great," Rune said, ducking under Ridge's arm and taking a step away from him. "But I am capible of protecting my self." 

Suddenly, someone shifted in their sleep, causing everyone to fall quiet for a few minutes as they turned and stared at them. 

Rune broke the silence. "So what are we supposed to be doing?" 

"We've decided to wait until everyone wakes up. Then we'll think of a plan, that should hopefully get us out of here," Jokester whispered."In the meantime, we're doing icebreakers!"

{Mods please let this through} 

• Posted at:

ʀʊռɛ

She Her Timelord

➻ Definitely not Swampy

➻ Creator of CC

242 Pages of Posts

6877+ Stars 

Thumbnail avatar af429f4614

cobraphoenix530

It’s amazing as always Rune! I love the way you ended up writing the characters!

• Posted at:

♠

sʜˑʜʀˑʙsʟ ss

“ʜɴ ɪ s ʏ ɪ ғʟʟ ɪɴ ʟ

ᴀɴ ʏ sɪʟ ʙs ʏ ɴ

ˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑ

ˑɪɴ: ɪʀˑ

swampcloud51

Thanks, Jokester! 

• Posted at:

ʀʊռɛ

She Her Timelord

➻ Definitely not Swampy

➻ Creator of CC

242 Pages of Posts

6877+ Stars 

It is really good! I like the way you introduced the characters using their personalities.

• Posted at:

6/23/18

Siggy under construction

Grace

Thumbnail avatar 84e18aa967

eagledragon13393

I’ll be following this story. It’s well written and appears to have a good plot. 

• Posted at:

░▒▓█ Баgёг/ЙЯ Єгч$їцѫ █▓▒░

#Puppy Killed Me#

ocean’s mb sis

Goodbye, my dear friends. It’s been fun. 

So raise your glass high, for tomorrow we die.

swampcloud51

Thanks guys! I can't write the next chapter until the last form is in, but as soon as it is I'll make sure to write it! 

• Posted at:

ʀʊռɛ

She Her Timelord

➻ Definitely not Swampy

➻ Creator of CC

242 Pages of Posts

6877+ Stars 

Thumbnail avatar 7840051c4f

dragonwolf4753

Ah Ridge, he kills me everytime. (I mean in the past stories he does literally kill me) Keep it going.

• Posted at:

Seeker/V̵̰̱̾̂̇̀̈́͜ǒ̴̪͓̺̎̀̌̐́̏̈́̅ȉ̵̢̧̦̣̼͙͇͔̖̍̓͌̀̇͜d̸͖̼̟̝̪͖͆̅̿ ʜɪʀ-ʟʏɪ-ʀʙʟ

ɪ ɴ' ʀ ɪ ʀ ʏ ɪɴ,ɪ ʀʟʏ ɪ ʀ ɢɪɴ ʀʏ ɪ

The house was awake, the shadows and monsters. The hallways, they echoed and groaned

Thumbnail avatar ded2f63c35

amazingdawn82

Oh, boy. This is gonna be an interesting story.

I'm loving the way you're writing Terrance x3

• Posted at:

*~Alheimur Elysium~*

Call me Alheimur, 'kay?

She/Her

Joined 10/16/16

"There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle." ~ Albert Einstein

Ponies make life 20% cooler

dragonwolf4753

Bump

• Posted at:

The house was awake, the shadows and monsters. The hallways, they echoed and groaned

Thumbnail avatar 007d3a5609

dragonheart5600

@Seeker how many times has he killed you?  Also, why am I asking that?

• Posted at:

Cat/Sylvia

Proud hufflepuff

pma!

beauty comes from unity

where people taunt, hope says “try one more time”

#youbelongtoaduck

your loving hybrid friend,

catwolf76

dragonwolf4753

Ehh. Let's see, when I first made him he was a normal gang member but he got attached to me emotionally so when I left for a brief time he got really mad in a story so he tried to kill some of my own gang members. He accidentally killed me by doing so. Then he went into a special prison I made for him and locked him in. He came out and killed me then too but I was pretending to be someone else so he thought I was a random SAMBer. And then there was the flame explosion a few months ago where I died because he shot a bazooka at the house which I was in. So 3 times. eight if you count the deaths in video games. (he good but not that good at killing me in games)

We have a tough love situation now because I threw him into the mountains of time so he's now trying to find a way out. 

• Posted at:

dragonheart5600

oh wow xd. my flipside, nightshade, has tried to kill me and my friends at one point or another.

'

I didn't know the boat engine was on!

wait, you're deaf? how many fingers am i holdinbg up?

.. face paw ..

don';t worry, we're past that.

• Posted at:

Cat/Sylvia

Proud hufflepuff

pma!

beauty comes from unity

#youbelongtoaduck

catwolf76

swampcloud51

Chapter Two:

Rune's internal clock told her it was about two hours after she had woken up that everyone else was awake.

The first person to wake up after Rune had jet-black hair only a bit shorter then Jokester's. She introduced herself as Emily or Em. 

About thirty minutes after Emily woke up, a girl with black hair and green eyes woke up. She and Emily resembled each other so much Rune knew she was bound to mix them up if she didn't remember that Livvy was the one with a few gray steaks through her hair. 

The last to wake up was a boy with the name of Cain. He had wavy blond hair that he kept running his hand through. He had a single star tattoo on the nape of his neck. Just after Cain had finished introducing himself, a hidden speaker crackled to life.

"Glad to see you're all awake," a deep female voice declared.

"Woah, she can see us?" Terrance muttered, taking a minute to look around the room. 

The voice continued, ignoring what Terrance had said. "I am the Riddle Master; your guide, your savior and possibly your demise. There is no point in an escape plan seeing as you will eventually be set free, though from life or this room I cannot tell."

Emily shuttered but Kiero was soon at her side in hopes to comfort her. Jokester's eyes lit up when she saw the two and nearly squealed for joy. 

Ridge turned to look at everyone with a thoughtful gaze, trying to find out who would be the most useful to him. A small smile appeared on his face when his eyes landed on Rune, who shifted uncomfortably with the Riddle Master's words. 

"Your only hope of surviving," the Riddle Master continued. "Is to answer a series of questions correctly. Answer a riddle correctly and you will be rewarded. Answer incorrectly, and well, there's a slight chance of death. If at any point you desire for a riddle, simply say, 'The Riddle Room needs a riddle.' and I will give you one. Would you like your first one now?"

"Yes!" Cain blurted without thinking. Livvy and Jokester gave him a glare. 

The Riddle Master Chuckled. "Such enthusiasm! Alright, I'll start easy, but only Cain can answer it. No help. What gets wetter the more it dries?" Rhythmic elevator music replaced the Riddle Master's voice.

Rune looked down. She could only wait and hope that Cain got the right answer. If he didn't answer right, she was going to kill him. That is, assuming he is still alive afterwards. After all, the riddle was incredibly easy.

Suddenly, a soft trickling noise filled her ears. Rune's eyes shot up and she noticed tiny holes in the walls that were quickly filling the room with water. She gasped and decided to raise the alarm. 

"Uh, hey guys, the room is filling up with water," Rune declared as the water reached ankle hight. "And fast."

Cain panicked when he peered down at the water, suddenly forgetting the riddle. "Wait, what?" 

Emily screamed, "We're all gonna die!" Her face went pale as the water reached her knees. 

"Cain, can you please just answer the riddle already," said and annoyed Ridge. He held his hands just above the surface of the water, which by now was waist high. 

"Oh, uh, right," Cain cleared his throat and answered, "Wait, what was the riddle again?"

Rune sighed and facepalmed. By now, the water was up to her armpits. "What gets wetter the more it dries?" 

"Oh, you mean a towel? I know, I need one too," Cain responded. 

A chime sounded from the speaker and the music stopped. "Correct," the Riddle Master announced. "You have just won eight towels and eight meals, dessert not included."

Rune could hear Terrance mumble a complaint and couldn't help but smile. It helped that the water was now draining through tiny holes in the floor. 

About five minutes later, there was not a single drop of water in sight, only orange juice. 

Everyone had received a meal consisting of pancakes, bacon and orange juice, along with towels that came from seemingly no where. Rune had just turned around to find eight neatly folded towels. She didn't know where they came from, but hey, she wasn't complaining. 

Most people were having a joyful conversation that were mostly lead by Livvy, while a few, including Rune, decided to focus on the meal. But that wasn't the only thing Rune was focusing on. 

She was halfway through her meal when she was plagued by one thought.

Was she going to die here?

• Posted at:

ʀʊռɛ

She Her Timelord

➻ Definitely not Swampy

➻ Creator of CC

242 Pages of Posts

6877+ Stars 

cobraphoenix530

Oh gosh Cain 

Why are you like this

Okay but I loved this chapter XD

• Posted at:

♠

sʜˑʜʀˑʙsʟ ss

“ʜɴ ɪ s ʏ ɪ ғʟʟ ɪɴ ʟ

ᴀɴ ʏ sɪʟ ʙs ʏ ɴ

ˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑ

dragonheart5600

Emiro for (insert time frame they live) 

• Posted at:

Cat/Sylvia

Proud hufflepuff

pma!

beauty comes from unity

#youbelongtoaduck

catwolf76

Thumbnail avatar 2a7c61cd8e

scarletdragon3016

That was so amusing, xD.

-Galaxian Explosion-

• Posted at:

Ⱡ

₳

єχρσѕισи

ł

₳

₦

Est. June 2018

Stars: 4,967

God of Loyalty, Life, & Cosmos

We never know all the chances we lost

Until we lose them

~I guess it's almost time to say...

"Sayonara"~

I loved it!

• Posted at:

6/23/18

Siggy under construction

Grace

swampcloud51

@Jokester, To be honest so far Cain is one of my favorite characters to write XD Glad you liked it!

@Syliva, Yes!

@Galaxian, I try. I'm glad this was good!

@Grace, I'm glad you enjoyed it! 

• Posted at:

ʀʊռɛ

She Her Timelord

➻ Definitely not Swampy

➻ Creator of CC

242 Pages of Posts

6877+ Stars 

Thumbnail avatar 1032e350c7

athenabird158

I love this!!!

• Posted at:

Lιʋʋ Sɯα

ϝҽɱαʅҽ/ƈαɳƈҽɾ/ʂαɱҽɾ ʂιɳƈҽ 2014

#ɯσʅʋ

#ԋυɾɾιƈαɳҽ

ι ʅσʋҽ, ʅιƙҽ ƚԋҽ ɱσσɳ ʅσʋҽʂ ƚԋҽ ҽαɾƚԋ

dragonwolf4753

Le bump

• Posted at:

amazingdawn82

I lost it at the "No dessert included" part.

I need more of this story in my life.

• Posted at:

*~Alheimur Elysium~*

Call me Alheimur, 'kay?

She/Her

Joined 10/16/16

"There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle." ~ Albert Einstein

swampcloud51

Oof, sorry for the long wait y'all. I've hit some writer's block, so I don't exactly know when the next chapter will come out. 

• Posted at:

ʀʊռɛ

She Her Timelord

➻ Definitely not Swampy

➻ Creator of CC

242 Pages of Posts

6877+ Stars 

cobraphoenix530

Don’t push yourself to get it out. Listen to music, read, and write it whenever the inspiration strikes

• Posted at:

♠

sʜˑʜʀˑʙsʟ ss

“ʜɴ ɪ s ʏ ɪ ғʟʟ ɪɴ ʟ

ᴀɴ ʏ sɪʟ ʙs ʏ ɴ

ˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑ

swampcloud51

Thanks, Jokester! I figured something out, so the next chaper should be out tomorrow! 

• Posted at:

ʀʊռɛ

She Her Timelord

➻ Definitely not Swampy

➻ Creator of CC

242 Pages of Posts

6877+ Stars 

swampcloud51

Chapter Three:

Rune couldn't eat anymore. Her stomach churned with the idea death, but she ate anyway. After all, she didn't know when she'd eat again. When she was finsihed, she leaned her head against the wall and looked up at the ceiling. 

Ridge noticed Rune's odd behavior and sat down next to her. "Are you alright?" he inquired. 

"I'm fine," Rune huffed, scooting away from him. 

"Sure doesn't look like it," Ridge frowned. 

"Yeah, well, looks can be deceiving," Rune argued. 

"Alright, I'll leave you alone. If you need anything, just let me know," Ridge told her before leaving her to join the group of people. 

Rune was also about to join everyone else when she noticed something and grinned mischievously. 

Emily and Kiero sat right next to each other. Kiero said something that Rune didn't catch, but she could hear Emily laughing, making Kiero blush. 

Kiero wasn't the only one blushing. Cain sat inbetween Jokester and Livvy, his face bright as a tomato the whole time.

Rune chuckled and made a mental note to tease Kiero and Cain later. 

The chuckle caught Terrance's attention. He grinned at her, and Rune nodded. Rune had a partner in crime.

Rune stood up to to draw on the whiteboard when someone announced, "The Riddle Room needs a riddle." 

It was Ridge, and to be honest, Rune was fairly annoyed. She, along with most everyone else, turned to glare at him. Cain nearly drowned everyone with a simple riddle. Would Ridge actually kill someone this time? 

The hidden speaker came to life with a bloop. "A riddle you shall have," assured the Riddle Master. "This puzzle is a bit more challenging than last time, so you may select one other person to help you solve it. The whiteboard is usable as well. Before I give you the riddle, pick someone to help you with it. "

Ridge smirked and uttered a name. "Rune, would you like to help?" 

Everyone turned to Rune for an answer. As much as she already disliked Ridge, she wasn't going to back down from the challenge. "Sure," she said. 

"Your riddle," The Riddle Master declared after people had made a wide arc around Ridge and Rune, "is this:

A farmer needs to take a wolf, a goat and some hay to the market. While he travels to the market, he comes across a river and a single boat. The boat can only carry the farmer and one of his items across at a time. If he leaves the wolf with the goat, then the goat will be eaten; however, if he leaves the goat with the hay, then the hay will be eaten. How can the farmer get everything across safely?" The same music that played for Cain's riddle began. 

Ridge turned to Rune. "Got any ideas? I was thinking the goat goes across first." 

"Please, I know this riddle by heart," Rune boasted. "First you take the goat across and leave it on the other side. Then you go back and take across the wolf, and in your way back, take the goat. The goat stays on the first side while you take the hay across. Then you go back for the goat."

The Riddle Master stayed silent for a moment before stating, "That riddle didn't count, seeing as it was far to easy. Let me give you a new one." 

A few rustling noises were heard before a new riddle was given. "How many things can you put in an empty box?"

Rune, feeling a bit over-confident, immediately answered, "Ha! Easy! As much as you'd like. That is, until it's full."

"Is that your final answer?" The Riddle Master checked.

Ridge opened his mouth to say something, clearly a bit upset, when Rune interrupted, "Yep!"

"Incorrect," The Riddle Master declared. Livvy winced and Emily cringed. 

Something sharp pricked Rune and Ridge's neck, electing an ouch from the both of them. 

Rune reached for whatever had pricked her, but suddenly the world began to grow dark. Spots clouded her vision. 

The last thing she heard was someone, probably Jokester or Terrance, say, "She done mess up."

• Posted at:

ʀʊռɛ

She Her Timelord

➻ Definitely not Swampy

➻ Creator of CC

242 Pages of Posts

6877+ Stars 

cobraphoenix530

The ships thoughhh >:3

*claps for chapter*

• Posted at:

♠

sʜˑʜʀˑʙsʟ ss

“ʜɴ ɪ s ʏ ɪ ғʟʟ ɪɴ ʟ

ᴀɴ ʏ sɪʟ ʙs ʏ ɴ

ˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑ

This chapter was great!

• Posted at:

6/23/18

Siggy under construction

Grace

scarletdragon3016

Rune, don't be so overconfident, xDD. Next time it won't be so easy as fainting from a needle.

-Galaxian-

• Posted at:

Ⱡ

₳

єχρσѕισи

ł

₳

₦

Est. June 2018

Until we lose them

"Sayonara"~

amazingdawn82

:333333 Terranceeeeeeeee is aweeeeesssssoommmmeeeeeeeee

• Posted at:

*~Alheimur Elysium~*

Call me Alheimur, 'kay?

She/Her

Joined 10/16/16

swampcloud51

@Jokester, Get ready for more ships in the next chapter that might come out today. 

@Grace, Thanks!

@Galaxian, XD 

@Alheimur, XD Terrance is so much fun to write! 

• Posted at:

ʀʊռɛ

She Her Timelord

➻ Definitely not Swampy

➻ Creator of CC

242 Pages of Posts

6877+ Stars 

scarletdragon3016

Was the answer "one", as after putting one in the box isn't empty any more? :/

-Galaxian-

• Posted at:

Ⱡ

₳

єχρσѕισи

ł

₳

₦

Est. June 2018

Until we lose them

"Sayonara"~

cobraphoenix530

@Galaxican I think so

• Posted at:

♠

sʜˑʜʀˑʙsʟ ss

“ʜɴ ɪ s ʏ ɪ ғʟʟ ɪɴ ʟ

ᴀɴ ʏ sɪʟ ʙs ʏ ɴ

ˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑ

Thumbnail avatar 671217a0a3

horsedragon1273

Nice chapter!

All I want to know is where the needles came from. Were they standing next to a wall? Did they just get pricked somehow in the middle of the room with gravity defying needles?

Also, great last line.

• Posted at:

>ɮᘿl<

There never waֆ a ǝɔoɥɔ

Why so silent, good Messieurs?

Did you think that I had left you for good?

One day I was walking and I found this big log

...Yes, I'm hiding in a crate. Tickets are expensive.

DCI.

7-8-14||S.O.S.||Knock

swampcloud51

@Galaxian and Jokester, yep, you two are right!

@Rebel, Thanks! An answer to the needles should come in the next chapter, don't worry. You are close though. XD yeah, I love the last line!

• Posted at:

ʀʊռɛ

She Her Timelord

➻ Definitely not Swampy

➻ Creator of CC

242 Pages of Posts

6877+ Stars 

amazingdawn82

Snickerdoodle

• Posted at:

*~Alheimur Elysium~*

Call me Alheimur, 'kay?

She/Her

Joined 10/16/16

swampcloud51

I'm editing the fourth chapter; should be in later today. 

• Posted at:

ʀʊռɛ

She Her Timelord

➻ Definitely not Swampy

➻ Creator of CC

242 Pages of Posts

6877+ Stars 

amazingdawn82

Yay :D

• Posted at:

*~Alheimur Elysium~*

Call me Alheimur, 'kay?

She/Her

Joined 10/16/16

swampcloud51

Chapter Four:

Rune's head ached. She moaned as she regained full consciousness, though she kept her eyes closed, and tried to touch her head. When she did, her hand brushed something cold and smooth, causing her eyes to peel open. 

Her hand had touched one of four mirrors in sight. Each made a wall to a tiny box, white carpet made a floor, and something with breathing holes made a ceiling so she wouldn't suffocate. 

Rune panicked and pressed every limb she could against the mirrors as if to make it bigger. When the box didn't expand, she began to hyperventilate. 

Rune's storming thoughts of death were cut off when she heard a muffled voice. 

"Rune, calm down," it told her. "It's me, Terrance. Can you see me?"

"I can't see you; all I see are mirros. Where am I?" Rune asked, although still panicking calmed a bit.

"Relax, your still in the Riddle Room, just inside a locked box. By the looks of it, the same kind Ridge had. It's a one-way mirror box."

"Hold up, had?! What you do you mean, "had"? Did he die or something?"

"Yes."

Rune grew pale, and Terrance must have seen because he quickly added, "Just kidding! You know I have a morbid sence of humor. At first we thought you guys were dead and all, seeing as some random darts cane out of no where and hit you guys in the neck. Especially when these robotic arms put you guys in these narrow boxes. But no, Ridge is fine. Emily and Kiero are making sure he's alright. We got him out of his box first; you were still sleeping. But don't worry, Jokester, Cain and Livvy are working in getting you out as we speak."

Rune sighed with relief, but gasped again when she heard that Livvy, Cain and Jokester were working on getting her out. She grinned mischievously. 

"Wait, on a scale of one to ten, how red is Cain's face?" she asked.

"Like an eleven," Terrance told her, snickering. Rune began to snicker as well when Terrance continued, "And Jokester is like a six."

Rune's laughter subsided as she took a moment to realize she almost died, and killed Ridge in the process. She hated that she was going to say what she was about to say, but she bit her lip and said it anyway.

"I'm sorry, Terrance. I'm sorry for making you guys think I was dead. I'm sorry for being so stupid and boastful. I didn't realize that I could have died.

It took a moment for Terrance to respond. "Rune, it's fi-"

He was cut off by a series of clicks and buzzes from above Rune's head. For a moment, Rune thought that angry bees and poisonous scorpions were coming to kill her, but that worry soon disappeared when the lid popped off and a hand reached in to help her out.

Rune accepted the hand and was pulled out of the box and into an unexpected hug from Terrance. 

Rune didn't quite know what else to do but hug him back. She wasn't quite sure how to react, but she could feel her cheeks burning as she pulled away. 

"Please, don't do that again," pleaded Terrance as Jokester squealed.

In a daze, Rune nodded. "I don't think I want to."

Terrance smiled. "Good. Now why don't you go rest next to Ridge?"

Rune did as she was told and sat down next to Ridge, who glared at her while Kiero was making sure he was alright. 

Emily pressed the back of her hand to Rune's forehead. "You seem fine," Emily said. "Physically, at least. Did you need to talk about anything?"

Rune shook her head and stared at the now empty, one-way mirrored box on the floor a few feet away. The empty box. She moaned as the correct answer to the riddle hit her. It was one. You can only put one thing in an empty box. 

Rune stood back up and walked over to the the box, while mumbling about how stupid she was, Emily following to make sure she was alright.

Once she had reached it, Rune stepped back inside and placed her hands over her chest.

Emily, looking down at Rune, remarked, "You do know that's no a coffin, right? It's just a box."

"Oh no, It's a coffin alright," Rune argued. "A coffin for my pride."

"RIP, pride,"Emily agreed, sitting down next to the newly-appointed coffin.

• Posted at:

ʀʊռɛ

She Her Timelord

➻ Definitely not Swampy

➻ Creator of CC

242 Pages of Posts

6877+ Stars 

swampcloud51

Oh, and next chapter is in Emily's prospective. 

• Posted at:

ʀʊռɛ

She Her Timelord

➻ Definitely not Swampy

➻ Creator of CC

242 Pages of Posts

6877+ Stars 

1 , , 3