Thumbnail avatar b114f60249

unicornwolf33

I feel like making a barbecue over here. I'll try to give you advice on your characters and (in my opinion) what you should do to improve upon them. You don't have to take my advice however, I'm just really bored right now.

i would prefer to read forms on your characters, but anything works I guess. Backstories are also important, don't forget to include those.

• Posted at:

Please tell us why you'd like to report this post

ʟʏs ʀʙʟ ʀɪs ɪs ʜʀ, ʙʜɪɴ ʜ ʀ, ɪɴ ʜ ɴx ʀ; ʙ ɪ ʜ ʟs ʜ ʏ. ʀʜs ɪ ʜ ɴʟʏ ɪsʟɪ ɪ. /ɪɴ
Thumbnail avatar 78fd0cb33b

wolfwerewolf17219

Anything me? Am i good? Does this unique armor set look funny on me? It is called greenguard armor

• Posted at:

(Sister)

Darmidnight

a

w

night

acApTiAMaRvEl

With..BlackWing, Willin,Amber Eye, and..ugh my flipside Midnight

I play

Soccer

Tennis

Football

Fencing

Archery

My dream

pro soccer player

to go to west point

an author

If you believe, you can do it!

Thumbnail avatar 007d3a5609

dragonheart5600

I’ll put my characters when I get on the computer anytime between tomorrow and next week. (Hoping tomorrow. I want to start my forumfic) 

• Posted at:

Cat/Sylvia

Proud hufflepuff

pma!

beauty comes from unity

where people taunt, hope says “try one more time”

#youbelongtoaduck

your loving hybrid friend,

catwolf76

unicornwolf33

@Deadly: Not you, your characters. Like the kind you make up to put in stories and into roleplays. 

@Sylvia: Cool. I'm not going anywhere anytime soon. I look forward to reading about your characters.

• Posted at:

Thumbnail avatar af429f4614

cobraphoenix530

Woop I needed this. My characters might come in anytime this week.

• Posted at:

♠

sʜˑʜʀˑʙsʟ ss

“ʜɴ ɪ s ʏ ɪ ғʟʟ ɪɴ ʟ

ᴀɴ ʏ sɪʟ ʙs ʏ ɴ

ˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑ

ˑɪɴ: ɪʀˑ

dragonheart5600

name: nightshade lyoki catwolf

appearance: a pure black shadow creature, with blue eyes. she looks like a wolf, but has cat ears and a cat tail. she also wears a raven's feather necklace instead of a jay feather necklace. she is around slightly smaller than an adult female wolf.

personality: she is calm and manipulative. she will whisper secrets in the dark to make others join or fear her. she is not very patient, and is quick to pull her claws out at someone. she is very aggressive, and is often either cold hearted and uncaring to you (most people), keeps you alive because you are useful (the only reason cat's not dead yet), or she is considerate of you, and actually cares for you deeply (she hardly ever lets that show though. after being forgotten, she felt that kindness was weakness and pity.) she never lets any other emotions show past her black pelt. she is also a bit reckless and a trickster at times.

skills/strengths: calm, a great fighter, is good at manipulation.

weaknesses: aggressive too quick, willing to kill, sometimes overprecautious, sometimes too reckless.

what he/she represents (sanders sides, anyone? xd): in a way, she is a little of a mix between deceit and anxiety. virgil cough

name: kimiko

gender: female, straight or bi, i'm still trying to work that one out.

appearance: a bright neon looking dragon, to say the least. she is not very big "for a dragon", but she's around a ecent 10 to 11 feet, i'd say. she has bright pink scales, but will turn grey if she's upset or sad, and red if angry. she has a light pink underbelly, going up to her chin. she has a tail that ends in 2 blue frills. her horns jut from her head slightly, and are a dark magenta. she has bright amber eyes as well. she has wings that are a neon pink, and are a lighter pink for the stuff between the wing bones.

personality: she is very kind, playful and energetic. she is also a hopeless romantic. she is often seen as childish by nightshade though. she is loud and very expressive. if she's sad though, it's very hard to perk her up, since it means something horrible happened, and she'll be sad for days before she even gets a tiny bt of color back. she only gets mad if you hurt someone she loves (like her brother). she loves meeting new people, but is quick to trust and love, leading to her beig impulsive.

strengths: she's very nice, so you'll feel welcome with her. she is also very loving, but very strong.

weaknesses: she's too trusting, she isn't the brightest, and overreacts when you manage to get her mad or upset.

what he/she represents: drop dead morality. cough patton cough

name: dimarco

appearance: same height as kimiko, and has similar, if not the same features, as kimiko. he is a nice blue color, with a light blue underbelly. he has deep blue horns, and his tail ends in 2 pink frills, the same color as kimiko.

personality: he is a near polar oppisate of kimiko. he's shy, and doesn't like meeting new people. if he doesn't trust you, don't be offended; he almost never trusts someone right away. he loves his sister and few friends, like nightshade, very dearly, and he is willing to warn them of any danger they're in, and hopes everyone can get along one day. he is a great judge of character, and can tell from the moment you open your mouth to speak what you are like. a few minutes, he can tell what you're ambitions might be, now or in the future. he stays quiet and hides away, so he's a good listener. he's very book-smart, and is not very impulsive.

strengths: he's a great listener, can blend in well, and is very levelheaded and rational

weaknesses: not a fighter, can go unnoticed, scared to meet new people.

what he/she represents: a bit like logic, but more afraid logan?

there's one more, but he hasn't been introduced yet. i didn't forget the roman ripoff xd.

• Posted at:

Cat/Sylvia

Proud hufflepuff

pma!

beauty comes from unity

#youbelongtoaduck

catwolf76

unicornwolf33

@Sylvia: Okay. So I'll use different sections to dissect the characters presented to me.

Nightshade

Okay, so characters based off emotions is a cool concept to start off with, I'll give you props for that. This character has a lot of potential but there are a few things left unanswered. Why does she have cat ears for example? Are there other beings out there like her, like a species or is she the only one? You said something about her wearing a raven feather necklace instead of a jay feather necklace, which implies that normally beings wear jay feather necklaces. Do these necklaces have magical properties or other uses other than being an accessory? Is it important to the character?

This is a little difficult because I don't have any backstory to go off of, but I think her personality could also use some more fleshing out. You say that she is calm, but also quick to pull out her claws on someone, which doesn't really sound very calm. To clear this up, I think a more accurate statement would be to say that she's calm whenever things go her way but can quickly lose her temper when other don't agree with her.

Her personality is a little two dimensional as well. Most people trust in varying degrees instead of having extremes. Like how you might trust someone with some things but not with others.

I'm not sure whether she is supposed to be an antagonist or a protagonist either. If you want to make her a protagonist then I would suggest giving her a few traits to "redeem" or make us sympathize with the character. Give her some qualities we could see in ourselves. Like she acts this way because she was forgotten about but there should be a point where she grows past it. She develops into something more. Because while there is always room for tragedy in a person's backstories, you shouldn't ever let that define who they are. What is her goal now? Does she have a passion for anything? Like maybe she enjoys hunting, or being out in nature because she's a wolf. Some other traits that tie into wolf like behavior is the need to be around others. Give some reasons behind her behavior. One of the possible reasons she acts so distant and cold hearted is because she's afraid of growing attached to anyone in the fear of being forgotten again.

An idea for a point of inner conflict for her character is that she finds herself becoming attached to someone. You mentioned someone called Cat, and how she only kept Cat around because Cat was useful. What if she actually grew to like Cat? Not in a romantic way, but in a friendly way. If you want us to warm up to this character, you should show her growing as a person (or Shadow wolf creature) as the story progresses. Give us a reason to care about her.

Is she cautious in situations that include trusting others? Tell us that. She can be reckless in battle but when it comes to social situations she's reserved and relies on her manipulation abilities to get what she wants. This could be because of an underlying insecurity regarding trust and affection.

If you plan on making her an antagonist, you should still go through the same questions, but instead of her growing positively, go the opposite way, and with reason. If in the story there comes a point where she begins to trust someone again, have that person betray her or give her a reason to doubt them. Make her even more hostile towards others as she struggles to remain calm and composed.

There's a lot of potential for this character. Nightshade overall, is an interesting character idea. I like how she represents an emotion, but if characters are only limited to being that emotion, they can grow dull and predictable. Have her defy expectations, surprise the readers.

Kimiko

Ooh, dragons. I love dragons. I appreciate that her emotions are reflected off her scales. That's an interesting touch. I think she's a good character overall, but you should develop her a little more like with Nightshade. Give us a reason to root for her. Make sure to give touching moments between her and her brother so we know how much they care about each other.

Don't be afraid to make her uncomfortable either. Put her in a bad or sticky situation and play out how she'd react. Like what if she gets very angry? What does she do? Does she storm off to recover or does she fight back? Give her some hobbies as well. Maybe she likes to fly through the clouds or improve her art skills (if she can hold a pencil in those talons of hers, that is) give her something to be passionate about that doesn't rely on the other characters.

She should also grow. She can easily be taken advantage of because she's gullible and lets her emotions get the best of her. Show us in the story of that happening to her and then show her learning from it. This can happen to her a few times, but she should learn from her mistakes. Be careful not to have her make a complete 180 however. She doesn't have to become cold and untrusting necessarily, just a little more cautious about who she trusts.

Dimarco

Oh, so this is Kimiko's brother. Something I would like to see explored more is Kimiko’s and his relationship. Does he resent her for being able to get along with others so well? Does he aspire to be like her? Since they’re siblings added to the fact they’re polar opposites, I’m sure there are bound to be conflicts between him and his sister.

Also, something I would like to see more elaboration on his friendship with Nightshade. I find that to be a curious pairing. How does Nightshade tolerate Dimarco if she thinks kindness is a flaw? Why would Dimarco want to be around someone as untrusting and manipulative as Nightshade? Is there a moment where Dimarco gains Nightshade’s trust? Does Nightshade decide that kindness isn’t such a bad thing after all? These are the kind of questions I would like to see answered.

As with all the other characters, make him grow some as well. Put him into a situation where he has to take the initiative and do something. Make him be brave for once. Don’t let him hide in his shell all day. Give him some commonality with his sister, like things they could bond over. What is something they like to do together? Do they tell each other funny stories? Do they tease one another? Make their relationship more “human”. Something we can identify with.

I hope my advice helps you at all. Your story sounds like a cool idea, just based off the characters. This post is pretty long but I had a lot to go over. Most of this is based on the character's personalities because I find appearances to be subjective and relative based on the story you're trying to write.

• Posted at:

Thumbnail avatar 7840051c4f

dragonwolf4753

I will do this later.. and this looks really interesting. Getting advice from the mighty Lycus Lupa himself! 

• Posted at:

Seeker/V̵̰̱̾̂̇̀̈́͜ǒ̴̪͓̺̎̀̌̐́̏̈́̅ȉ̵̢̧̦̣̼͙͇͔̖̍̓͌̀̇͜d̸͖̼̟̝̪͖͆̅̿ ʜɪʀ-ʟʏɪ-ʀʙʟ

ɪ ɴ' ʀ ɪ ʀ ʏ ɪɴ,ɪ ʀʟʏ ɪ ʀ ɢɪɴ ʀʏ ɪ

The house was awake, the shadows and monsters. The hallways, they echoed and groaned

Thumbnail avatar 7e99905417

tornadowave90

Name: She can't remember her given name, so she goes by Falcon.

Brief Backstory: (BRIEF) Although she can't remember any of it, she is responsible for the deaths of her parents. She used to talk to birds when she was very young, around 2, and one day they destroyed her parents after sensing her anger at them after they wouldn't let her go to the school that was starting to be built. Little did she know that they were protecting her from the King's guards that stood at the gates.

Appearance: She is tall, and of average size around the middle. She has sandy blond hair with hints of red that reaches her hips. Her eyes are blue, and she is almost muscular. Slightly tan.

Power: Power of Avians

Continent of Origin: Europe

Fight to rule, or fight for freedom?: To rule.

Possible Allies: (must agree with other RPer to be allies) Open to anyone who wants to be allies.

Personality: (Optional, or to be POVed) Stubborn, somewhat smart, to be POVed.

Favorite Weapons: Regular bow and arrows, a knife.

Other: (White ink, don't really want other RPers to see it yet) She is going to be killed off in the end. She'll have a change of heart, first, then go out in a battle that is helping to bring back freedom to the world.

Form:

Name: Katana

Brief Backstory: (BRIEF) Until she was introduced to the quest to save the world, her parents trapped her in a room for years after she poisoned her grandfather by accident.

Appearance: She wears dark jeans, boots, and a grey hoodie. She has a pair of sturdy leather gloves that you'll never see her without. Her hair is shaved on one side, and slightly longer on the other, and it pitch black. She does this because it looks normal, but it also won't brush against someone and poison them by accident. She is ridiculously pale from spending so much of her life inside locked in a room. She is muscular but not quite skinny. Her veins are a deep royal purple that sometimes give her face a ghastly bluish look, especially when there is little light.

Power: Power of Poison/Darkness

Continent of Origin: She came from a small island on the Pacific ocean.

Fight to rule, or fight for freedom?: For freedom.

Possible Allies: (must agree with other RPer to be allies) Open.

Personality: (Optional, or to be POVed) She is socially awkward, if anything. No matter how much she looks of it, she is not "edgy".

Favorite Weapons: A sword, a dagger, and her poisons.

Other:

I put so little effort into these characters, it's sad.

• Posted at:

♪♪  ꧁《tσrnαdσ》꧂♪♪

☆We have a reputation of failure to uphold!☆

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

Why are you still reading this...? Scroll down!

INTJ

Tornado's Inactivity? Band. Hotel? Trivago.

NOTHING EVER LASTS FOREVER.

dragonheart5600

Ok, I left a few things out (I edited my example for remembered, so...) i’ll Try to answer some questions and stuff .,. Aldo, these are gang members, but I’m glad to take these into consideration.

first, about nightshade: to start, she is a hybrid of cat and wolf, so the tail and ears are genetic. She’s a flip side of cat, my representory character, so that’s why I said “instead of a jay feather.” To the characters current knowledge, no other of their species exist, but oddities like them do. The feathers have a slight prominence, cat believing that a jay feather means courage and passion when needed most, and a raven feather means death. Other feathers mean different things, but I won’t expand on that for now. 

This came from my example for remembered, so I left a few things in and out. She had trusted cat at one point, and felt close to her. Cat forgot about her, and nightshade felt betrayed. That’s why she is distant, and hardly trusts others. Whether she will be in the protagonistic or antagonistic spectrum, i’m unsure, but i’ll keep what you said in mind. As for the “keeping cat alive” if one dies, the other dies, so... yeah. 

Kimiko, her character is not ment to be a 100% learn not to lean on the broken branch after falling character, but she learns not to trust specific people. I can see kimiko enjoying art and flying with her brother. After time, she might learn to look before she leaps. 

Dimarco, his relationship is love, and a little envy, but he doesn’t let the bad stuff show, nessicarily. Arguements would likely be about “trusting strangers” and “isolation.” The relationship between him and nightshade, that would be interesting to explore as well. For expanding on his bravery, I might made a short story after I finish up remembered, or in my spare time, where he has to help save his sister and other gang members from a virus with nightshade. That would be fun, actually. 

Thanks for the critisism. I’ll take some of it into account, writing remembered and for future references. (I’ll try to copy paste it tomorrow so I don’t forget) I might put in characters and character ideas for actual books soon. No promises though xd

• Posted at:

Cat/Sylvia

Proud hufflepuff

pma!

beauty comes from unity

#youbelongtoaduck

catwolf76

unicornwolf33

@Tornado: Eh, it's cool. Your forms look better than some of the ones I used to write. We all have a chance to grow and improve. 

"Falcon"

Okay, so I've seen the roleplay you made where you put these characters into it, but some things to me just don't really make any sense. Maybe you could explain it to me.

First of all, the death of her parents? I'm not quite sure how birds could kill two fully grown adult humans and not have anyone notice? I think that would take a lot of birds and that's sure to attract a lot of attention if there's a flock of birds attacking these two seemingly normal humans. Someone would probably either hear what's going on and call for help or even try to stop it, they are birds after all. I'm not saying that this death is implausible, it just sounds a little far-fetched based on your explanation of it.

And I know you said the backstory was brief, but what did Falcon do afterwards? Did she grow up amongst the birds? Does she feel any remorse over what happened to her parents? Does she regret having the power to control birds at all? Why would she want to go to school if she's only a toddler? 

Another interesting choice on this form was that she wanted to rule. Is there a reason for that? Does she think she can do better than the rulers already in place? I know you haven't described very much about her personality but you should give her some traits that might factor in to her decision to want to rule. Is she a bit self-centered? Thinks she's the only one who can handle certain situations? Does she have a grudge against the existing rulers other than the fact they're bad people and make their citizens suffer?

And have you thought about what would change her mind to make her want to free everyone instead? Do you plan on the other characters convincing her? After her seeing the state of destruction that peasants and other civilians live in because of their rulers that makes her ultimately decide to liberate these people? Give her some reasons for the choices she's making. Once you give her reasons it's much easier to play her as a proactive character.

I think it would be more compelling if the characters had a reason to go up against "the big evil" other than the fact of the enemy being bad. Why would you want to sacrifice your own life to free millions of strangers you don't know unless you had something personal happen to you? It's a big decision to make and I would like to see this explored further.

And for her weapon, where is she getting arrows from? I've checked up on your roleplay and it sounds like it's set in a post-apocalyse setting. Are there stores around that sell ammo? Are there trade routes merchants have to walk through if there's no electricity? Build on the setting of the world a little more. It's an interesting concept and I'd love to see it fleshed out more.

Katana

Did her parents name her after a weapon or did she just name herself? Katana isn't an awful name it just sounds like a strange one to give your child. 

How could Katana be locked in a room for years on end and never find a way to escape? Wouldn't her relatives be suspicious if she never came out of her room? Did she ever go to school? 

If she was locked in her room for years on end, how has she not withered away from lack of exercise? Even prisoners aren't kept in their cells all the time. How does she have any muscle? How old was she when she was locked away in her room? Why would she be inducted to stop the evil rulers and free humanity?

I think your characters are off to a good start, they don't sound like edgy, brooding teens with no purpose, at the very least. I think the main thing you need to do is to think about them more. Once you start giving them more backstory and personality I think you'll undoubtedly improve. The main thing is just fleshing them out more and making sure there's logic behind their backstories.

• Posted at:

unicornwolf33

@Sylvia: Thank you for responding! That makes much more sense now. I love to see characters explained and why they do the things they do, just what makes them "tick" y'know? It feels good to know I've helped somebody.

I thought Nightshade was really interesting. It makes sense that she's a wolf/cat hybrid, but it might be helpful to include that in your form next time, otherwise it can sound sort of random. 

The feather symbolism is a cool feature to have, and when you explain it further it makes more sense. I think with your forms you just need to be more detailed so it's less confusing. 

If Cat and Nightshade depend on each other for life (since one can't die without the other one dying), it would be interesting to see them trying to work together. Since they can't have an open fight, they would probably argue a lot instead, if they even kept in contact with one another.

I'd love to see Kimiko grow and develop. It would be cool to see her progress as a character and become "more" than what she already is. Seeing how things impact characters is really interesting in general.

I think the virus story is a great idea! Not only would it expand more on his friendship with Nightshade, it would give him a chance to prove himself and save the people he loves. It would also show people how much he really does care for the others, which is always nice.

And thanks! Taking my advice isn't mandatory but I'm glad to see you've benefitted from it.

• Posted at:

Thumbnail avatar 173541e59c

doglavender646

Okay, so this sounds really interesting, but I know I haven't fully created any of my characters. Could you give an example of a form to use when putting characters up for judgement? Thanks!

• Posted at:

FrozenFlame

-◇~○*◇*○~◇-

EarthenCloud

~~~~~~~

Flipside Sisters- Equal & Opposite

-◇~○°¤•¤°○~◇-

HOW IN THE WORLD DO PEOPLE MAKE SUCH GOOD SIGNATURES?

Always going to be a little lost...

unicornwolf33

@Frozenflame: Thanks. I just figured I'd make this to give me something to do while being a little productive in the process.

If you want a form here's a generic one if you want to fill it out:

Name:

Personality:

Appearance:

Backstory:

Other: 

You can add more sections to it of course, this is just what I consider the bare minimum that a form should have.  

• Posted at:

Thumbnail avatar 7e99905417

tornadowave90

Thanks for your judgement! I had to take a lot of things out of my forms so that they didn't give too much away, which made me very disappointed, and Id like to improve the forms a lot if I ever make a sequel to the RP. Most characters in the role play did name themselves, and "normal" names were kind out of question after this post apocalyptic world. I'll go ahead and answer a few of your questions (which may even go into their forms later!).

Falcon- The birds were able to destroy her parents with relatively no notice because of her location. There are few people left on the world anyway, but Falcon came from an especially isolated place. By "birds" I meant more dangerous ones (ravens, hawks, buzzards, etc.) that actually have enough strength to take a down a couple of humans. I would have liked to say more about Falcon, but I had to keep it somewhat short. After the loss of her parents, she ran off to a village that was a few miles away. Since she knew nothing about her being the fault of her parent's deaths, she didn't hate her power at all. In fact, she loved it and practiced it. She liked to think birds were "here only friends" growing up. She wove in and out of different toners, stealing for food. As for having a bow and arrows for a weapon, she stole those as well. She prefers them because she can easily get to very high points in trees or on abandoned buildings that she can shoot down from. Her avian abilities also give her exceptional sight to help her with this. She chooses to fight for power because while others like her seemed to team up, she was left alone. She felt like she'd been alone her entire life, and thinks that she could have friends if she were to be ruling the world. Later she will have a change of heart when either the character with mind powers, or the mysterious "cloaked man" tells her that she is the reason her parents died. She'll think it's her fault that she was always so alone, and not want to rule in fear of hurting more people.

Katana- Katana named herself, yes. She was trapped in her room at age 2, and I forgot to mention this, but there was a field outside her home that she was occasionally let out into. She never wanted to leave her home, which is why she never found a way out. She remembers poisoning her grandfather when she was younger, and she's terrified of what she could do to people. When she was out in the field (which is how her family made a living) she had to be careful not to touch the plants so as not to poison them and make them dangerous. She was able to turn this into a game for herself where she would run through the fields without touching a single plant. As she did this nearly every night, she was able to build up some muscle doing so. You may have also noticed that she wasn't quite skinny, but kind of close. This is because she didn't eat with her family, they gave her food to eat in her room alone. Since nobody controlled her diet very well, she struggled to keep a healthy balance. She begins to fight for the freedom of the Earth because she knows all to well what confinement feels like. She didn't like being trapped in a room for most of the day, but she found it necessary. She didn't want other people to feel the pain she had to growing up.

That's all for now, feel free to tell me what you think. I'm always open for criticsm. :)

• Posted at:

♪♪  ꧁《tσrnαdσ》꧂♪♪

☆We have a reputation of failure to uphold!☆

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

Why are you still reading this...? Scroll down!

INTJ

Tornado's Inactivity? Band. Hotel? Trivago.

NOTHING EVER LASTS FOREVER.

Thumbnail avatar db74d5a44d

seawolf179

Name: Marlow.

Appearance:

He’s a Anthro Otter and Budgie hybrid. He prefers to stand on two legs. He does have some fur fluff but its pressed down and brushed. His pelt is a coconut brown its sorta light pale color. His chest and under his neck, is a very pale dusty goldenrod yellow. Budgie wise, he has huge folded in budgie wings with the black markings like most common budgies, but the wings themselves are a evergreen. He seems to have feathers on his head that lead down to his Tail which are a granny smith apple green. And his otter tail seems to end with feathers at the end that are the same evergreen. Behind his small ears, are feathers on the inside its a dark queen blue and on the outside evergreen bordering the blue feathers. Dark blue green eyes, he is wearing brown steampunk goggles.

Personality: He can come off as just uncaring but he cares to some extent, he's that usual "Chill dude". Though he could careless about being poplure, as long as he's doing good at his job then he'll be happy. Most of his character is wip o_o

Backstory: As i stated he's very wip o_o 

Other: Works at a magical store with other misfites, them being: Aether (A four winged dessert griffin) and Soro (A anthro albino fluffy bat.) Very wip o_o

Name: Glitch (Oh boy its meh broken boy)

Personality: Well, hes dangrous. A full on villain, recently he's been trying to be better. He used to try and mentally "break" people which he did, he didn't even realize how horrible what he did was. He didn't know. He was...Violent when he was angered to say the least. He hurt people because people hurt him. Little to no empathy. His mind is currently in shambles, people have tried to help him. Which he's been getting better, though he feels guilty and regrets everything. He hates himself, well his past self. Even though he's getting better he still 'glitches' (Losing his temper, shifting, glitching ect) So yep that's my broken boi o_o

Apperance: His appearance is a weirddd. He's like a serpent but floats o_o. No legs but does have arms, dragon like head. Like uhh think kinda a raptor, no legs, floats,dragon head,his arms aren't like raptors though like not as short like dragon arms,meddim   sized dragon ears (Im referring to dragon but he really isn't one Just for the sake of conviance, and my sanity) He's a light silver color, marking around his neck. Like a burn saying "Proptery of" and it cuts out by another burn. A arrow tipped tail in a dark gray. A long curled back horn and another shorter horn that's completely straight and normal. Almost a beak like mouth? But like a dragon mouth, i have no clue at this point. A underside thats a pure white. Oddly enough he's wearing a red bowtie. Dark gray eyes, scars here are there.

Species: Lab experiment, Shapeshifter. 

Backstory: (In short) He was a lab experiment to test if they could create something that could copy shapes, It succeeded but he was the only one to survive. His form was unstable though, "glitching" constantly. They trained them to break and attack whatever they wished. He realized this is bad, but in his act of rebellion he got trapped in a pitch black mirror room. Not helping on the mental side of things. Another thing got trapped there, Ocean. (Basically kinda what he looks like but more water themed) Since he didn't know how to be a good person, they became enemies. Which he copied her shape and changed it making it his own. Ocean got free, and Glitch realized again how much he hated this place. So he freed himself as well. So now he just rooms wherever bothering other characters, though right now he's getting better

Powers: Shape shifting, teleporting, sometimes make holograms of people like pictures of them. (He only can do this because he's leaching off Oceans powers, since he stole her form.) 

Other: Any of this might change o_o but right now he's just a mentally broken boi (Im horrible :D) And he's still enemies with Ocean. I want to say something good has happened to Glitch but i really can't..

These are just a few

Also mods please let this go through ;-; 

• Posted at:

▂ ▄ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ Sea The Queen Of Random █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▂ 

The Master Of Fish Puns

I've Gotta Jar Of Dirt

Main Peeps

Wave,Dune,Ivy,ɥɔʇılפ,Depth,Radar

ĐØɆ₴ ₳₦Ɏ฿ØĐɎ ɆVɆ₦ ₵₳ⱤɆ?

▂▃▄▅▆▇█▓▒░Protect the Ocean░▒▓█▇▆▅▄▃▂

Noddles

unicornwolf33

@Tornado:

Cool, cool. I like how you can explain all this. The biggest thing with forms is people will mention things but then leave it out of context and won't explain it. 

Why are normal names out of the question though? I don't think I understand that but with your characters it makes more sense if they named themselves. 

Does Falcon end up sacrificing herself because she's afraid of hurting more people? 

With Katana, it makes more sense since you mention she has a field she can run into. Why would she fight for freedom though if she didn't fight for her own? That part doesn't make much sense for me. Because she's fighting to stop the evil rulers but that doesn't necessarily translate to stopping abusive parental figures from shunning their children.

Maybe you should make a point in the roleplay of her kindness towards children, especially those who have powers or abilities that make them misunderstood. I think if you portrayed that in the roleplay it would come across more powerfully rather than making her just another freedom fighter.

• Posted at:

Ooh, I'll be back...

• Posted at:

₵₳ł₦ Elysium 

A gunslinger

A female

A myth

"ᴛʜᴇ ᴛʀᴜsᴛ ᴏғ ᴛʜᴇ ɪɴɴᴏᴄᴇɴᴛ ɪs ᴀ ʟɪᴀʀ's ᴍᴏsᴛ ᴜsᴇғᴜʟ ᴛᴏᴏʟ"-ʀᴏʟᴀɴᴅ

#Haven86and3000+posts

unicornwolf33

@Sea: So my post isn't coming through, which is just fun. I'm going to try sending it in parts. This one is for Marlow. Glitch's is much longer and hopefully I can get that one through quickly.

Marlow

I appreciate Marlow. Can I say that real quick? An otter/bugdie hybrid anthro? I seriously enjoy that. Seems plausible enough if you have albino bats and griffins.

I know there's not very much, but I would love it if you expanded more on this character. Does he have a project in his shop he feels most proud about? How does his family feel about him working at said store? Why is he a misfit? I like the idea of him working at a magical shop, I think that's pretty rad.

• Posted at:

unicornwolf33

@Sea: Okay, here's the one for Glitch. I really hope this one goes through because I have a lot to say.

Glitch

I knew this was going to come up sooner or later...the "broken" characters. I really don't like that word, "broken". It implies that something needs to be fixed and the way you describe Glitch you make it sound like he has a mental illness. Thank goodness you didn't describe him as "insane". I don't think mentally broken is a very good adjective to use either though.

I'm going to try not be very rant-y about this but if I sound harsh it's just because being conscious about your representation of mentally ill people is important.

When you describe him as having his mind in shambles, you also describe him as being violent. Not everyone who has major mental disabilities is violent. Most aren't, actually. You shouldn't use mental illness as an excuse to have an exceptionally violent character. It just perpetuates the myth that mentally ill people are inherently violent.

Do some research on mental illness before deciding your character has one. Don't just look it up on some WebMD site either. Watch videos on YouTube about people with mental illnesses describing what it's like to live with their mental illness. People with mental illnesses can be very successful!

I try to stay away from giving my characters mental illnesses because it's really hard to portray a character with mental illness properly. Mental illness representation is important though! You definitely can have a character who has a mental illness, but you have to, have to do the research on this. I cannot stress this enough. You're representing a minority of people in real life and as a writer it's your job to do the research. Otherwise you're doing everyone a disservice.

I think his appearance is really cool, and it's certainly unique. I just think what you need to do is more research and determine what is appropriate and what's not appropriate. Look up articles about people who have been isolated in solitude for long periods of time. Don't let Glitch fall into and become another heap of mental illness clichés, because he could be so much more than that.

I think the backstory is cool and I like his ability to shapeshift. The only thing you need to do is be careful with how you portray him. Just keep this in mind, okay?

• Posted at:

seawolf179

(About Marlow)

Thank you ^-^, and yes for the universe he's in. (He doesn't have a main rp yet) Right now he's in a town with just tons of other random characters.

And yeah he does ^-^ I realize I forgot a bit of this but he makes spells for people to buy and use. His favorite spell currently is: A huge green magic shield that forms on his arm.

And his family is proud of him for once, since he's doing good at the store and he helps them out when they need something.

So this is all just currently ideas, but the shop is gonna be for misfits and all the oddities to work at. And they'll sell magic items and everything of that nature.

(About Glitch) I can see where your coming from. I'm sorry if his form came off like that.

I don't really mean he has mental illnesses, he doesn't. That's the thing, I never specified he did. 

When I say he's violent it isn't because of mental illness or anything, I mentioned the aspect that he was trained to attack in his backstory. That's the point of him existing both in backstory and Character-wise (Which used to be true, he was gonna be a normal villain but the more i started to add onto him and roleplay him, he became more and more fleshed out)

Just when i say broken/shambles, I mean. He knows what he did was wrong, since he thought what he was raised to do was the correct thing. Imagine the thing you've been doing all your life, what you've master and love, was wrong. Like morally wrong. And then realizing you don't have to keep doing what they've taught you to do. So in essence he's trying to make everything better, so 'fixing' whats he's done wrong.

When you mentioned. Look up articles about people who have been isolated in solitude for long periods of time. 

"Social isolation, in turn, can exacerbate a person's feelings of low self-worth, shame, loneliness, depression" Which is true. 

And most of this, isn't set in stone. Since i mentioned (Looking back at his form i don't think i did.) He breaks the forth wall a lot, so say if i put him in a fantasy rp he'd act the same when hes with a few other characters in a random rp. There's only one roleplay he can't break the forth wall in, since i still need him as a villain in it.

• Posted at:

The Master Of Fish Puns

I've Gotta Jar Of Dirt

Main Peeps

ĐØɆ₴ ₳₦Ɏ฿ØĐɎ ɆVɆ₦ ₵₳ⱤɆ?

Noddles

dragonwolf4753

Okay Lycus, prepare yourself mentally and physically. You have started something which cannot be undone so I'm throwing some of my own characters at you. 

Name: Obi Seraph Larkynn

Personality: despite all the hardships Obi has gone through, he's a pretty aloof person. He's great at making awkward situations less awkward, and he's pretty relaxed and chill guy. He is also stoic, shown when he endured a good thrashing when on missions and often ignores the pain he's enduring for the sake of the mission to succeed. He has great reflects and his gut often is always right. When he was seven, his parents threw him, his siblings , and other kids in a massive jungle as a test of mind and skill. Because of that, Obi has the wit and skills of a pro since he was seven. Obi's exceptionally clever and quick-minded, along with being inventive and a great problem solver. He can be considered a genius by some and a fool by others in the same action due to his interesting strategies. And when getting out situations, he can be pretty sneaky, wise, resourceful, bold, and hard-working.  He maintains no relationships nor friendships that could tie him down, and is considerably more aloof and rarely relies on others for help. And due to his past line of work, he holds people at a distance. Obi has a preference for being alone outside in the night and describes himself as nocturnal. He has unconventional ways of moving around buildings, often preferring to enter through the window or through a balcony rather than through the door. He rather go through a window than a door and often sneaks around rather than walk around like a normal person. And it's not uncommon for Obi to be seen sleeping in a tree or napping on a roof of a building. And when Obi's bed is super soft, he tends to sleep on the ground instead. Typically Obi acts somewhat blunt and yet he can act like an older brother at times, and he can seem almost like a little kid once in awhile.

Appearance: His hair is a light silver or a white color, is short to medium in length, long enough to cover his forehead, but not long enough to reach his shoulders. ( the hair looks like Zen Wistera from Snow white with the red hair) He has golden eyes with flecks of silvery gray in them on the edges. In the dark, in certain times it's almost like cat like and often reminds you of a foxes or a cat's eyes glowing in the dark. He carries himself confidently. He has a small faint scar next to his left ear, sort of tan/toned skin, he has a wide scar on the back of his chest and two smaller (Like two claw-like scars) right of his abdomen area. He has a few small scars on his back as well but they are minor.  He also have a very faint, small scar above his left eye (from practice when he was younger) and he has two large scars on his left side above his hip and a smaller scar (around three and a half inches long) on the left side of his chest. a little taller than average, around 5'10", solid/muscular build, broad shoulders, but he's faster than you'd think and his arms a good and climbing. He typically wears a dusty sand yellow headband that wraps around his head and covers his ears, khaki colored shirt, black long sleeved undershirt, neck wrap, black pants, boots, and olive green gloves but they don't cover his fingers, just his palms, wrist, and a bit of the arm. Obi is often wearing a dark green messenger bag on his right side which carries his items and a spare change of clothes; a sleeveless gray trench coat that's actually bulletproof and is with ornate shoulder pads, a black shirt and arm braces, ornate gaiters over his footwear, and the most distinctive aspects of his attire, his hood which covers his face with a shadow. 

Backstory: Obi has never had a true happy childhood. He was apart of a government social experiment to see if they could create killing mahcines unafraid of death. They took forty children and trained them the basics of the simplest stuff before testing them brutally with tests oof courage. Those who screamed or got scared in these tests, they would be later killed in secret, narrowing down the lot to twenty nine. These twenty nine kids were thrown in a deadly jungle and were told to survive to live. They had one week to get from where they awoke to where the helicopter would be waiting. After six o'clock at night on the seventh day, they'd leave with or without them. Obi was one of those kids to survive. Because of that week, he saw things that a normal child would die from and he faced dangers that one would faint from. Obi was one of eleven to make it out. Two of his siblings also made it, his older brother and older sister but his twin brother didn't and he wishes things could be different. After that, obi was put into a military camp as a special private at the age of eight. They were taught basic to survival and this time they went into more detail. They helped the kids and those who survived tended to be naturals with weapons. At the age of nine, Obi was a top sniper and also specialist with ranged weapons. However, obi hated to work with them and often ignored orders when he was ten and older. Even though his parents, both government officals, wanted him to get into the military for government reasons, he ignored them and instead started to focus more on hand to hand combat, which he was a natural to. He eventually graduated the military academy - more like he was kicked out - and was put into the field to work at twelve years old. He was treated like a normal soldier around the super high ups but anyone below general treated him with respect, which he hated. Eventually his squad had to kill the enemy and Obi couldn't pull the trigger and one of his squad members lost an arm because he had hesitated. When Obi looks back to his miserable childhood, he regrets it all. Obi then left, leaving no trace for them to find. he lived a harsh life, hidden and on the run. At one point, he found a group called the Night Killers, a group of assassins and bounty hunters all rolled into one big group twenty one. Obi joined the group and used it to keep living. He developed a status in and outside the group and people began to call him the one eyed reaper. He got sent on killing missions, typically solo ones, but unlike everyone around him, he didn't kill the person he was sent to kill. Instead, Obi often helped them fake their deaths depending on the situation, he also helped them start a new life, every month checking on them with a simple hello from a window. Eventually, around the age of 14, Obi was in a major fight and happened to get injured quite badly. Luckily, he had two others from the group to finish the mission, but after all the years of killing and lies, Obi pretended the wounds were nothing and left the battlefield, bleeding heavily. Obi then left the group, but started rumors of which he had died that night from his wounds. Obi then started a different life, helping himself get on the better track. It was around then which the falling star disease appared, and the dust from the star flying about Earth gave people powers. Obi happened to be one of them and got the power called gift. Gift is a power where he can gift himself powers for an amount of time and they eventually fade away or he can do the same to others; people or objects like shoes. He could gift shoes the power of flight and he could wear them and he could float around like a weirdo. (Gifting objects tend to last longer, around half a year while people gifts last around 2-3 months.) He later found Killian, who had fire powers, and the two became somewhat friends. Not long after, Seeker found them and two others and brought them back to be apart of her gang. now, obi's life is about making sure the gang is safe and he loves his new family deeply even if he doesn't show it often. 

Other: Obi is a little Cinnamon bun I just wanna hug everyday. -_- such a depressing story he has. 

I'll do other characters later. 

• Posted at:

The house was awake, the shadows and monsters. The hallways, they echoed and groaned

Okay, I'm going to give you most of the characters from one of my stories. Be prepeard for at least five(in good time)

Name:Ajime

*title:Djinn of war

Age he looks:23

species:Djinn(not a genie, a djinn. there is a difference)

appearance: Ajime stand at 6'4 with a strong build befitting his title. He has strawberry blonde hair that is closer to red, and his eyes shine a honey topaz color. His skin is a tan color from centuries of training, yet there isnt a single freckle on him. Scars line across his arms, some more faded than others. He wears an outfit similar to a rich general of the victorian century when out of his glamour. The jacket is a brown/auburn color, while his pants match and his shoes are black. White ruffle accent the space between the jacket. Most of the time his hair is left down, but is tied into a low ponytail while defending or fighting.

personality:Ajime is rather friendly most of the time, loving to talk to anyone that will listen. Although he is often blunt and not the kindest of people, he is often well-liked and admired. He does have a temper, though, which is unstoppable at it's highest peak. His rage reacts when betrayel hits, or anything that makes him or those he loves looks foolish. Highly affected by the emotions of himself and those around him, he does have a soft spot that is masked well by his pride and 'world-renowned' honor. He has an arrogance that tops no other, which tends to irritate his close ones.

backstory: I'll give you the rundown so I dont end up writing a book on here. Like most Djinn, he has no memory of his past self before his time of creation, and has no urge to seek out the past. He was left to learn on his own for 150 years, gaining strength and training himself in the art of defense. At 155,  his first summoner discovered his totem, a simple stone dagger. The summoner quickly used his single wish of chaos, and Ajime jumped from place to place, being summoned nonstop until he reached the age of 330. At that point he was summoned by the princess of a kingdom that held its last defense against the most powerful creature of the age, who will stop at nothing to take oer everything in his sight(name to be revealed at a later date). This princess had also summoned a Djinn of healing from a health scroll totem, by the name of Tajique. Her one wish was for the two Djinn to help lead their kingdom's army to victory. For eight years he trained the army himself, making them stronger and more powerful than ever before. Over this time, Ajime fell in love with the princess(name also to be revealed) and in return she fell for him. Directly before the battle, the princess brought the two Djinn to the thron room for a talk. Unable to bear the thought of losing them to the dark one, she had her enchanter create a ring that would trap the two(along with their totems) until the descendant of a chosen human touched the ring and summoned them both for the ultimate battle. He has been stuck in the ring ever since.

kin:Amari Jones(summoner), Tajique(closest friend)

please of please let this through!

• Posted at:

₵₳ł₦ Elysium 

A gunslinger

A female

A myth

#Haven86and3000+posts

unicornwolf33

@Sea:

I like that idea, the one about the shop and other magical oddities. I think Marlow is a good character and yeah, once you brainstorm some more things for him I think he'll be great to roleplay with.

Ah, my apologies. Unfortunately I've come across a lot of people on the internet who use "mentally broken" as a synonym for mental illness. I think rather than using the term, "mentally broken" (because yeah, it does have a bad connotation to it) I would describe his actual traits. Especially if you want to paint him in a positive light.

I would talk about his low self-esteem more. Show it to us. What has he tried to do to fix his mistakes? Is he shy and reserved around others now because he doesn't want to accidentally put them in danger? Show him actively trying to work against his dark past and become someone new. Don't focus in on the fact he's broken, focus on what he's trying to do to get better.

Not only will this give us, the other Roleplayers something to root for, but it makes him more human. He had to struggle to get there, and others, like Ocean, find it hard to trust him even when he's redeeming himself.

If you want people to know he was only violent because he was trained to be, talk about him before he was a test subject. Before he was pushed into training. Then let us see that who he is now wasn't who he was then. 

It's good that you did the research. Now put it to use, you should mention that about him. You said that he hated who he used to be, that he despises everything he did. Is there a way you could show that to us? Does he become emotional whenever a part of something in his past comes up? Is he reluctant to speak of it to anyone in the fear that they'll think he's a monster? 

I'm not quite sure how breaking the fourth wall correlates with any of this, but why does he have the ability to do that? Was this part of his enhancements? Just a humor gimmick? I don't know if I'm sure what you mean when you say he breaks the fourth wall.

• Posted at:

seawolf179

Sorry if this is short)

Its alright,  I realize how I could have sounded like that. And i'll start trying to describe him by his traits (Yep it does sadly). As you can tell, I'm not really good at writing stories. XD

I can see where your coming from about the low-self esteem. And I will, i've just started writing actual stories (Not like roleplay plots, post, ect). Right now, whenever he has to talk or be around people. He's been quiet and Reserved avoid situations where something might go sour. Since he doesn't trust himself that he'll be able to get them out of said situation.

Yeah, I like that idea. ^-^ About people finding it hard to trust him

The one problem about the lab idea is that he was raised there. Though before all the bad stuff happened he was a good person. Until he realized that this was wrong. So that could work sorta. 

And yes, he hates who he used to be. And yes he does become very emotional, the only times he really does is when something is brought up about his past. He'll try to just convince whoever that he's fine, though he'll start to question if he really can chance

And i don't know why either o_o

• Posted at:

The Master Of Fish Puns

I've Gotta Jar Of Dirt

Main Peeps

ĐØɆ₴ ₳₦Ɏ฿ØĐɎ ɆVɆ₦ ₵₳ⱤɆ?

Noddles

unicornwolf33

@Seeker: Alright, I'm ready now. I had to take the rest of the day off to prepare myself mentally and physically for this. (Not really, I just have parents.)

Obi

Okay. First off, I dig how his personality isn't the basic description of an edgelord. Usually when we see characters who are test experiments since they were children they turn into edge reincarinate and that's just no fun to to roleplay with at all. So it's a good thing he's still slightly personable, at the very least.

Something I wonder about though is if he has any need for affection or attention? Since he didn't get that when he was younger, I wonder if those needs would surface at all now that he's deserted the military and started a new life? Even though he's a masterful sniper and very skilled in a variety of areas, he's still 17 and nothing can replace good ol' brain development :P 

I think what I'm wanting to see in this character are some weaknesses. I can't really say he's over powered if he's in a roleplay where everyone plays an unusually skilled character, but I think Obi could use some more balancing out. Is he afraid of anything, and not just surface-level fears like spiders or the dark, but any insecurities?

Living such a dangerous life has to take a toll on him somewhere. Is he afraid of encountering anyone from his old military days who might recognize him? What about his relationship with his twin brother, who never made it out of the jungle? I would like it if you could expand on that more.

I have a lot of questions about this government program, because it violates a lot of laws and ethics. For now though, I'm just going to ask some basic questions: How does the program get any funding? Is there a separate branch or group within the government that takes care of it? How do they ensure that the parents of children who were killed don't go out to the media and spill all the secrets about this program out? How do other countries look upon this nation for using child soldiers? 

I think the space dust is a cool idea for a power origin story. I really like that idea to explain why he has magic powers. Does it just "choose" at random or is there something the recipient must have first in order to get the disease? The power to give other people powers is really cool and unique, I like it. 

Overall, I really like this character. I think that it's a really well-thought out character and he has a pretty good backstory to boot. I think if you  gave him some more "flaws" and explained the government program he was in you'd be good to go.

• Posted at:

dragonwolf4753

@Lycus, oof, so much to say. 

Obi_

I tend to keep my characters not super edgy because I've tried going down that path and it never turned out well for me to role-play as an edgelord of edgyness. If a character is super edgy, like Nico from PJO, they tend to be more unreliable and too emotionally unstable to play as in some cases. 

Due to his previous experiences, he doesn't see affection important on the outside of his skin. Personally, Obi doesn't get attached to people due to the fear of later losing them or going soft. It's true he's 17 and still have that good ol' brain development as you say but he mostly pretends not to have feelings due to the things he learned back in the military camp. The kids were told never to get attached to someone that way they'd have nothing to loose. Secretly, I think Obi is just as insecure as everyone else but he hides it down on a deep enough level so that he forgets the pain of loss (like his brother for example).

I spoke a little about being insecure about losing people which is the reason why he doesn't get attached to others ^^ but does need balancing out. Weaknesses and flaws tend to be what i trouble with most, due to the fact that I never know what to write for them. Some new/added flaws: Audacious – Recklessly bold in defiance of convention, propriety, law, or the like; insolent; braze, and often very disobedient. Complex fear of fire and ash. He hates the heats because it reminds him of the buggy temperatures of the jungle, panthers because during the jungle adventure of a life time (ya) a panther attacked him and got bite by it on the thigh. (It was a small panther but he still felt like it was the end of the world) Catoptrophobia – The fear of mirrors.(He's afraid to see what's become and he doesn't want to see what his face looks like. Hasn't seen a mirror for over three years)

Basically, before Obi was thrown into the jungle of death, him and his brother were the best of friends, they were always around each other constantly and never left each other's sight for not longer than a few hours. However, Obi was more of the quiet twin believe it or not. His brother was actually five minutes older and he hated his parents. Obi never saw any reason to hate his parents till the moment Obi's brother died. Actually, when in the jungle, Obi managed to find his brother toward the end of the week but by the time he found him, he was already dying and Obi thinks he could have been faster  and saved him if not for the panther bite a day ago. Obi doesn't really fear the military group because most of the soldiers there hated him as much as he hated them. If it had been possible, they would have kicked him out but they couldn't. 

Okay, I see where this did raise some flags and also question some things, and I've never truly thought a lot on how the government program worked so I guess i can add more details on that starting now. It does violate a lot of laws and ethics but then again, the world is somewhat corrupt and even in plain sight there's darkness behind the light. It's a government founded group way back a few fifty years ago. At first, the group was testing the skills on how to make soldiers better, watching and testing to see how they could improve things in the military. About thirty years ago, a man by the name of James came up with a test about the strength of the mind and body when the body is in moral danger. He believed that when your body is in danger of the thought of death, the body doesn't just get an adrenaline rush but also thinks above a normal human rate and gives them almost super human like powers for an amount of time. His theory was correct after during some other tests. obi's group isn't the first group to be thrown in a life or death sprinting trap. The branch has moved off how it should have but the main government doesn't know it and only sees what this group wants them to see. So basically, this government program is hiding in plain sight. Usually they take children from either orphanages. Most people don't think twice about those who have nothing because they are nothing to them. However, to richer families, they seen this governmental program as a way to help influence others about themselves so they pay to allow their child to take apart of the tests and in return they are given special rewards. If their child dies from the program, the parents are either given a fake explanation about a failed experiment or that they say the child is still alive and they keep lying still the parents stop asking. Also, for those who sign up their child to be apart of the program, they agree to a silencing - meaning since this governmental program is giving them special benefits, they can't Say anything about the program, their child, or anything around them. if they do, they are quietly assassinated to keep the operation going. (The program itself is very orangize) Children soldiers are often hidden and start off doing two field work tasks (Onky at the age of 14 and up, they don't want the kids to die immedietly) before turning in for their finishing assignment which places them in four different areas: Spy, front lines, Assassin, or other. Typically when they are assigned, they get into special training which lasts a few years (2 to six, depending on how much they need to know on their job) And by then they're old enough to look like a normal soldier so they blend in easily. 

*Magical space dust flies around and causes you to sneeze* The power usually only works on those 14 and younger. There's still imagination in their minds and that helps them with their powers I guess. But it's invisible to normal people, the way you get the disease is that you typically see some sort of magical symbols or the star dust which can't be seen by normal people, looks rainbowy and some either touches it on purpose or it just hits them. 

Oof, that was a lot of words. Looks liek you have your work cut out for you. 

• Posted at:

how do u send the characters?

• Posted at:

Be Brave     love GRYFFINDOR 

Be Bold    Greencloaks4Life

Love           Magician 

and don't forget to LIVE      VIRGO

Be FIERCE        Athena Child

dragonwolf4753

Basically, @Lynxangel, you fill out the form and lycus comes and helps critic your character so it's more balanced. 

Name:

Appearance:

Personality:

Backstory:

Other:

• Posted at:

ummmm.... @dragonwolf4753 what form? sorry! im new. plus, i cant create my character because it's taking forever to load... Any tips?

• Posted at:

Be Brave     love GRYFFINDOR 

Be Bold    Greencloaks4Life

Love           Magician 

and don't forget to LIVE      VIRGO

Be FIERCE        Athena Child

dragonwolf4753

@Lynxangel. No problem, I'm always glad to help new SAMBers around. Let em give you the run down of things. 

Forms: Basically a form is a list of things (such as name, appearance, personality, backstory, etc) that needs to be filled out by the SAMBer.

This is an example of a Form: (Basically you just fill it out with your characters or OCs)

Name: Jeff 

Appearance: THE FLUFFEST THING YOU HAVE EVER SEEN

Personality:

Backstory:

Other:

And the list goes on. You can add other things to forms such as strengths, weaknesses, flaws, weapons, magic, etc. If it take forever to load, like if you have sent your character in already and tried to post it, give it ten minutes. If it doesn't show up, try reposting it and see if there's anything that might be blocking it from being posted (such as bad language, suggestive items, etc) This is afterall a kid friendly site.

Now for some termology:

OC - Original Character, a character which you have personal made.

SAMBer - A person who most frequently or always stays and posts on the SAMB; someone who "lives" on the SAMB

SAMB - A short name for Spirit Animals Messenger Board

Gang(s) - Gangs are a group of characters that can be created by the user or taken from other movies/shows/comics and they are put in a 'gang' together and stay with the SAMBer. (For example, I have a gang which is over 32 characters and all but five are complete ocs)

Siggy/Sig - slang for someone's signature, a customizable block of text which will appear below all of your posts

Mods - The Moderators of MBers' posts; people who make sure everything is appropriate before letting something post (though sometimes they fail). Sometimes referred to as Modmins.
Thread/Topic - Topics or conversation "threads" created by MBers that appear on the forum home page, listed from most recent/popular to least popular. Once clicked on, they open a "thread" of posts from other MBers.

Nicknames: Majority of us SAMBers use nicknames. For an example, I am called Seeker. Lycus (The one who created this thread) is his nickname, and the list goes on. We don't share nicknames though, we each ahve our own indiviual nicknames or else it would get really confusing really fast.

• Posted at:

Thumbnail avatar 84e18aa967

eagledragon13393

This is bad but oh well. 

Name:  Carter Vendolin

Nickname(s): Nope. 

Appearance-

*Hair: Jet Black and shaggy-ish

*Eyes: He has narrow stormy blue eyes. Also, glasses. Black frames. Strong prescription. He also doesn’t get enough sleep so he has dark circles under his eyes. 

*Build: He is on the short side of average and decently built. 

*Clothing: Carter typically wears a bomber jacket over a black tee shirt with jeans and black converse. 

*Skin Tone: Pale. Really pale. 

Personality-

*Likes: Corners. Fluffy things. Emoticons. Sharpies. Dogs. Hiding. Caves. Lord of the Rings. 

*Dislikes: Emojis. Sandpaper. Chalk. Contacts. 

*Random Other Personality traits/opinions: He acts like he thinks he’s better than everyone but he’s actually really insecure. He only acts like this when with large groups of people. 

*Hobbies: Reading. Anything to do with dogs. 

• Posted at:

░▒▓█ Баgёг/ЙЯ Єгч$їцѫ █▓▒░

#Puppy Killed Me#

ocean’s mb sis

Goodbye, my dear friends. It’s been fun. 

So raise your glass high, for tomorrow we die.

Thumbnail avatar 1658d3e1d5

coindragon103

Bookmark

• Posted at:

Hope Fluffeh Huggles

Queen of fire nekos

Hufflepuff|ThreadGhost|Inactive|loyal SAMBer|

"I'll never give up. The gone disease is strong, but we are stronger." Me, just now

#ForeverFluffeh

#RememberTheLost

Gang: Mallow, Leech, Flare, Starmaker

Thumbnail avatar 56e56a6bc0

hydrahoneydew9

hunter and carter can be the bomber jacket squad

• Posted at:

ocean 

your evil fandom reference queen

haunted by knee bruise goblins | nr's mb-sis

|probably playing miitopia| drowning in ships|

≋≋≋≋≋≋≋≋≋≋≋≋≋≋

(thanks eris)

#Saveisaac2k19

#wafflesarefriends

#rememberhurricane

unicornwolf33

Yo guys. Sorry for the slow turnout today. Been a little sick and haven't felt like doin' much of anything. Tomorrow things should be going a lot faster.

• Posted at:

dragonheart5600

Feel better soon, Lycus. 

• Posted at:

Cat/Sylvia

Proud hufflepuff

pma!

beauty comes from unity

#youbelongtoaduck

catwolf76

unicornwolf33

Alright, I'm feeling better now. Sorry for the wait guys.

@Cain: 

Ajime

Wow. I really like the concept of this character. I think it's really impressive. First off, I only have a limited knowledge of Djinn, but aren't they evil genies? Maybe? I'm not very sure, but if you could tell me more about the Djinn I would appreciate it. This doesn't really have anything to do with judging your character, I'm just curious about your character's species and their capabilities. 

I like how his appearance and personality reflect the type of Djinn he is too. I don't really judge a character's appearance much if you couldn't tell. As long as it's plausible for a character I'm fine with it. 

I think your character's personality is good too. He's a likable person but he still has his flaws, and I appreciate that. Actually, so far, I really can't find anything "wrong" with this character. You did your homework when it comes down to character making.

Now, without giving away too much of your plot, could you explain more about the dark being/creature that's trying to destroy the kingdom? What are their reasons for it? I understand if it's hard to explain without giving away the plot of the book however. Though are their forces larger than the kingdom? Is it just one person who's extremely powerful? I would like some more details on the threat the protagonist is facing. 

Also are you making a form for Tajique and the princess eventually? I'm very curious about those two characters as well. I like the story line so far, it sounds intriguing. I don't enjoy much from the fantasy genre nowadays but I think that would be one story I would check out.

I think Ajime is a very well-made, developed character. I know you haven't written much about him, but from what I've read he sounds like he's good to go, good job.

• Posted at:

@lycu

Im glad you like him! He's one of my favorite characters that I've made. I can give you a bit of info, but it's gotta be minimal for obvious reasons. The dark one, no longer a human but a entirely new Djinn all together who remembers his past, relishes the new power and takes it upon himself to take revenge on those who did him and his family wrong. The reasoning was soon lost as he craved more control over the human race, and he took over one empire after another. The kingdom to seal his fate stood between a small army and two Djinn in his way. He has his own forces which greatly outnumber the kingdom's as well. You can expect a form for both Tajique and the princess shortly, once I get them all put together. 

• Posted at:

₵₳ł₦ Elysium 

A gunslinger

A female

A myth

#Haven86and3000+posts

Thumbnail avatar 671217a0a3

horsedragon1273

Here's one of my characters. I might try to post some others, but he's one of the one that I have a full form, and use semi-regularly in things.

Name: Blakelin Baron Clara-Vanguard

Appearance-
Hair: Straight, shoulder length, black with dyed gold streaks. He wears this in a small ponytail.

Eyes: Small and slanted, heterochromic; the right is a dark brown that almost appears black while the left is a lighter honey brown
Facial Features: Blakelin's face is all angles with no smooth features, save for perhaps his eyes. His cheeks are somewhat gaunt.
Height, Weight, Build: 6' 3", 190.2 pounds, lithe and agile build
Skin: Light skin tone, slightly ashen and pasty. He has a tattoo on his right shoulder of two white rings that are connected but shattered at at places and look to be on the verge of not being connected anywhere. On his left wrist is a tattoo of a treble clef symbol intertwined with a bass clef symbol, but not in a heart. He has a tattoo around his upper left arm that resembles a ring of barbed wire, and a tattoo on his left ankle of a trumpet and one on the right ankle of the DCI logo. He has a trio of scars that start just below his left eye and go down to just below his neck.
Jewlry: He has a piercing in his left ear that he wears his mother's wedding ring in (for reasons)
Nationality: Asian- American
Clothes:
Casual: A dark brown aviator jacket with the hood down and the Boston Crusaders lion on the back in a pale gold. He wears pale gold t-shirt underneath with the SCV ouroboros symbol on the left side in shades of  dark gray and blacks. He has on distressed dark gray jeans, but not ripped, and a pair of dark gray tennis shoes with red and red- orange highlights.
Formal: Blakelin wears a jacket that is similar to a suit jacket but is longer that is ink black and has some buttons down the left side. On the back is the Genesis drum and bugle corp symbol in a silvery-white. He wears a dark red long sleeved shirt with the SCV ouroboros symbol in the center in light grays and whites. He has black dress pants on and a pair of black cowboy boots.
Battle: Blakelin wears a pair of metal gauntlets and shin guards. He has on a lightweight bulletproof vest, and all of this is a ink black. He also wears a pair of tight black gloves, though those are more of an aesthetic thing. He wears this over his casual clothes
Persona: Blakelin is a talkative yet secretive person. He prefers to learn as much as he can about others while revealing little about himself. He doesn't really look out for anyone but himself. He doesn't play by the rules.
Personality: Blakelin is sassy and sarcastic while being simultaneously outgoing. He loves to talk, but doesn't reveal important stuff, or stuff in general, about him while he listens and learns about others. He enjoys flirting with others just for fun, and he can be charming if he wants to be. He is quite manipulative, and allies are typically just to serve his own purpose. He often doesn't care what consequences his actions produce, and he isn't afraid to go against what he is told to do. He openly stands up for others and against the government if need be. He doesn't like people who try to get into someone's good graces just for their own gain, even though he does this himself. He mainly looks out for himself and isn't afraid to backstab others. He enjoys following and sneaking up on people, and he knows when he should be silent most of the time (but whether or not he is silent depends). He sometimes puts up fake personalities because he doesn't like people to know anything important about him. He is decent at reading and figuring people out. He has a reckless streak and often burns bridges, both literally and figuratively. He doesn't doesn't think that people should be forced to do things, and he is an avid writer and poet.
In the face of a battle they would?: He would eagerly step up and fight for himself. He doesn't really believe in allies, but if he had one or two he would also look out for their back if it suited his purposes. He enjoys battling and relishes in the adrenaline rush and just enjoys doing it. He might even initiate a battle himself.
When Angry: He just holds it within himself and eventually lashes it out at his enemies, focusing it towards his goals of eradicating others, whether these others be alive or not. He does his best to use his anger to his benefit.
When Sad: He just hides it and is more withdrawn than usual. He may go and cry in secret later. He tries to not feel sad though, or at the very least not to show it.
When about to die?: He will be defiant and do whatever he can to avoid death; if it is inevitable he will take out as many people/ important things with him as he possibly can. He will defy as much as he can while doing as much damage as he possibly can.

Likes: DCI, brass instruments, breaking rules, getting through things, small spaces, weird spaces, sneaking up on people, being manipulative
Dislikes:Prying people, people who try to get to know him, people who use his tactics against him, rules, the government

Skills-
Skills: Blakelin is quite good with a bow and arrow as well as guns. He is an expert at hiding his tracks and at being sneaky, and he is very literate. He has a tendency to find himself in tricky situations with people.

Weapon: His main weapon is a whip like Indiana Jones' but his has a black handle that is slightly curved. He is also fairly proficient with a gun/pistol
Fighting techniques: He will fight in whatever way suits him, and almost always it isn't clean or proper- he fights dirty. He doesn't really practice just one technique, but rather what is most useful against the opponent once he has sort of figured the opponent out.
Backstory: He grew up in a more or less average family, though his father was an extreme rebel against the government. Some of this rubbed off onto Blakelin, but he isn't nearly as extreme. His mother died when he was only 13, and he wears her wedding ring in commemoration of her. His father died when he was 17, and he has a half sister (Marielle, 17) and that he takes care of.
Other: He's left handed

• Posted at:

>ɮᘿl<

There never waֆ a ǝɔoɥɔ

Why so silent, good Messieurs?

Did you think that I had left you for good?

One day I was walking and I found this big log

...Yes, I'm hiding in a crate. Tickets are expensive.

DCI.

7-8-14||S.O.S.||Knock

unicornwolf33

@Rebel: Yo! Long time, no see! Glad to see you're back. I'll try to get to your character as soon as I can.

• Posted at: