i've been reading through the threads, and occasionally i come through to stuff that i dont understand, which is likely because i jst started this yesterday. so anyway, i thought this would be a good thread for all the newbies to come through. some of the older players can post their advice. what i didnt understand or couldnt do was:

how do you start a chat?(it's just a blank green screen for me)

what are povs?

what are LGBTQ+ (i think that's it)

thanks

• Posted at:

Please tell us why you'd like to report this post

Be Brave     love GRYFFINDOR 

Be Bold    Greencloaks4Life

Love           Magician 

and don't forget to LIVE      VIRGO

Be FIERCE        Athena Child

Thumbnail avatar cefe184489

swampcloud51

About Chat: It's temporarily down. It should be back up soon.

POVs are point of views, or how you role play. 

EX:

Fredric ran down the street as fast as he could. He took one glace behind him to see if it was following, but he accidentily ran into someone. {Anyone}

Then someone else POVs...

Hannah-

Had I kept my head up and not facing downwards at my phone, I probably wouldn't have been run into. 

"Oof!" I exclaimed, being knocked back a couple of steps. "Hey, watch where you're going!" 

But I regretted being so rude after I saw his face. He was...stunning. 

Something along those lines.

LGBT+ Stands for lesbian, gay, bi and trans. It's mostly about same gender shipping, which some people don't agree with. {Everyone once and a while, though very rarely, a flame war beaks out about it.} I

• Posted at:

ʀʊռɛ

She Her Timelord

➻ Triplet with Time and Tiger

➻ Definitely not Swampy

➻ Creator of CC

Technically, good times don't ever end. We'll always remember them.

242 Pages of Posts

6877+ Stars 

Thumbnail avatar af429f4614

cobraphoenix530

*cracks knuckles* Alrighty then, lets get to it.

Welcome to the SAMB! Here’s some stuff to help you get started:

Vocab Words

Thread: What you’re posting on right now, a post with replies.

Bump, up, boop, mongeese/mongoose: A way to move up threads so they don’t get flooded by other posts and die.

Dead Thread: A thread that hasn’t been posted on for a long time. Let these threads rest in peace, unless they still have a use.

Bookmark: A way to save posts you like to your post history.

RP: Roleplay

PoV: Point of View, more on this below.*

FWRP: A roleplay, but you can make separate threads to rp in. So the rp thread, then there are other ones for conversations between a select group of characters, or maybe for an event someones character is holding in the rp. It’s spread through the forum, hence why it’s called a ‘Forum Wide Role Play’. These tend to be seen more often on the WoFMB.

SAMB: The Spirit Animal Message Board, what you’re on right now.

MB: Message Board.

WoFMB: Another MB, this one for Wings of Fire. Most MBers tend to move back and forth between there and here.

MBer: Message Boarder, a person on the message boards.

Siggy: That thing that shows up under your posts. You can make one by pressing the ‘signatures’ button at the top left of this page.

Nickname: A name someone prefers to be called other than their username, usually found somewhere in their siggy. Try to call a MBer by their nickname unless they say otherwise.

Homethread: A thread made by an MBer to write, be contacted, or dump random stuff.

Private Chat Thread: A thread for two or more MBers to chat. If you aren’t part of the thread, please don’t post on it.

Chat Tread: A thread for any MBer to post and chat on.

Forumfics: A story written by an MBer, often containing other MBers

Fanfics: The usual fanfictions, nothing bad though.

HFD: Hammock Flavoured Drink, the national drink of the SAMB.

Flipside: Another version of a SAMBer that they occasionally use.

Gangs: A group of OCs, characters, and personified personality traits a SAMBer can have.

*PoV: Point of view. A post in a rp from someone’s point of view is usually called a pov. There are different types of PoVs;

First person, from your character’s point of view. Often uses pronouns like ‘I’ and ‘we’.

Second person, when the narrator is retelling the event to another person/other people using pronouns like ‘you’ and ‘yours’.

Third person is the event being told from an outsider’s point of view. This pov uses pronouns like he, she, it, or they.

Tips:

Join an Rp or two (or three or four or five...)! They help you get to know people, and they’re pretty fun too. 

Make a siggy! It can contain anything, your fandoms, favorite quotes, whatever, as long as it’s pg and under 250 characters.

Think up a nickname you’d like to go by. This isn’t mandatory, but it does make it easier for us to remember you. It’s also just more convenient. Please make sure a SAMBer doesn’t already have that nickname however. If you can’t think of one, you can always ask for ideas!

Don’t be afraid to ask for help. We’re not gonna make fun of you for not knowing why someone keeps posting ‘mongoose’. Heck, it even confused a few of us at first.

• Posted at:

♠

sʜˑʜʀˑʙsʟ ss

“ʜɴ ɪ s ʏ ɪ ғʟʟ ɪɴ ʟ

ᴀɴ ʏ sɪʟ ʙs ʏ ɴ

ˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑ

ˑɪɴ: ɪʀˑ

first, how do you bookmark posts?

a homethread is just a thread not focused on anything in particular, right?

Thanks!!!

• Posted at:

Love           Magician 

Thumbnail avatar 6bf20a1968

bookishunicorn121

A more specific def for homethread is where people will most likely find you and ask you questions, i can bump up mine if you want to see it, and to bookmark just post the word bookmark, and you might wan to make a nickname so we dont have to write your whole username , just make sure it is not being used, and i can give u ideas if u want...

-Unicorn

• Posted at:

Unicorn

| ISFP | Libra | Elysium | Scriptor | Ravenclaw |            

Triplets:Vixen and Samurai

Flip: Candycorn/pony 

Best Friends:Bracha, Jin, Fiona, Rune,Cain

3/30/18

thanks Unicorn! i would really love to see your homethread. i did make up a nickname. it's treehugger. 

• Posted at:

Love           Magician 

Thumbnail avatar 1658d3e1d5

coindragon103

Then put your nickname in your siggy!

• Posted at:

Hope Fluffeh Huggles

Queen of fire nekos

Hufflepuff|ThreadGhost|Inactive|loyal SAMBer|

"I'll never give up. The gone disease is strong, but we are stronger." Me, just now

#ForeverFluffeh

#RememberTheLost

Gang: Mallow, Leech, Flare, Starmaker