For us book lovers, stories are sometimes where we see who we want to be -- characters who are braver or more articulate than we are, who go on adventures even though they aren’t sure what will happen.

When I tell people I was a Hermione in high school (I totally was) I mean that I always had my hand in the air. But Hermione is more than that -- she’s brave, she support her friends, and she keeps going even when things get tough.

Meilin has a temper sometimes, and she finds trusting people (and Jhi!) hard at first, but she learns to move beyond that and open up to her friends.

Reading about these awesome characters (and so many others) helps me to grow.

Who are your fictional role models?

• Posted at:

Please tell us why you'd like to report this post

Currently inactive but counting down the days till....

Wings of Fire Book #12: The Hive Queen (December 26, 2018!!!)!

Thumbnail avatar 6bf20a1968

bookishunicorn121

Luna/Ginny from Harry Potter Luna was considered weird/insane by many of her classmates, but she never let it get to her, and it shows that ravenclaw (my House!) isnt just about intelligence! Ginny probably struggled with a lot of expectations, but she shows that you dont have to be like older siblings to be good at magic. Moderator Sarah E. have you taken the pottermore huse quiz yet? If you havent't you totally should if you have read/watched (preferebly read) Harry Potter!

-Unicorn (crazy potterhead)

• Posted at:

Candy Corn

| ISFP | Libra | Elysium | Scriptor | Ravenclaw |

Triplets:Vixen and Samurai                  

Flip: Unicorn                      

3/30/18

Thumbnail avatar 95c241ea61

scarletdragon3016

bookmark...

• Posted at:

G

a

l

a

Explosion

i

a

n

Also here with...

Hitan

Camus

Milo

Shaka 

Gemini

Shura

Dolphin

Thumbnail avatar a64f4fa3e1

creativescarlet16

Starfire from the 2003 Teen Titans show, because even though she was a foreigner and didn't know or understand a lot of things because of that, she was always optimistic, kind, and just really into life. 

Mercy from Outrun the Moon, because even when she had to face adversity in life, she plowed into it headfirst anyways and solved her problems with determination.

Inej from Six of Crows, because she was still able to keep living after her life crumbled. She grew from what she had experienced and was able to look at things with more wisdom than she had previously. 

Shuri from Black Panther, because she's funny and smart and a really amazing person. Plus, her personality is different from the rest of the female characters, who mostly all seem to follow Black Widow's personality, something like: Strong, independent, fighter, etc.

• Posted at:

Not all who wander are lost, but I most definitely am

R E M E M B E R T H E L O S T

Please forgive my forgetting. I don't know anymore. *Tips hat in thanks* 

"For instance, I thought mascara was a type of fish..."-Galaxian

Thumbnail avatar 95c241ea61

scarletdragon3016

@CreativeScarlet Oh...are you referring to Blue Spruce books? I've read Outrun the Moon...:D. And Six of Crows.

-Galaxian-

• Posted at:

G

a

l

a

Explosion

i

a

n

Also here with...

Hitan

Camus

Milo

Shaka 

Gemini

Shura

Dolphin

Thumbnail avatar 3a425dfa77

breakingtiger140

Definitely Sydney Carton from "A Tale of Two Cities" by Charles Dickens. Long story short, he was utterly devoted to Lucie Manette, while Lucie loved another man named Charles Darnay. When Charles is to be sentenced to death, Sydney decides to impersonate Charles and die in his stead so that Lucie and Charles could be together.

I don't think that kind of selflessness actually exists in this world where everything seems to be driven by money, power and other ulterior motives.

Sydney Carton is definitely on of the greatest tragic heroes of all time.

• Posted at:

The cobbled courtyard was bathed in gentle moonlight. As the assassin tread quietly towards the oak doors that laid ajar, a quiet rustling drew his attention. He whirled around.

A flash of a silver throwing knife.

A muffled thud.

All was silent.

Thumbnail avatar b40aad2340

dragonbreeze930

I read the Bible and I wanted to be more like that one guy...

• Posted at:

-Breeze-

#REMEMBER HURRICANE

The relaxed of the relaxed.

I’m a Kitsune.  Am I joking? A Kitsune is always joking.

#NKT

dragonbreeze930

Lol he’s not fictional though xD jk that last post

• Posted at:

-Breeze-

#REMEMBER HURRICANE

#NKT

Thumbnail avatar 5506f7e29e

puppybutterfly126

Who? Jesus? Abraham? David? Paul? I could name a lot of people if you wanted

• Posted at:

Starlight Ruewen Random

For God so loved the world

that He gave us his only begotten Son

and whomever believes in Him

shall not perish but have

EVERLASTING LIFE

dragonbreeze930

Lol of course it’s Jesus who else? xD (Well, of course there are others, but ya know)

• Posted at:

-Breeze-

#REMEMBER HURRICANE

#NKT

Thumbnail avatar 5506f7e29e

puppybutterfly126

XD

• Posted at:

Starlight Ruewen Random

For God so loved the world

that He gave us his only begotten Son

and whomever believes in Him

shall not perish but have

EVERLASTING LIFE
Thumbnail avatar 7bb271c092

athleticbear159

Luna from HP, Piper from PJ, and Wanda Maximoff from MCU. Oh yeah, SPOILER ALERT FOR INFINITY WAR

1. Luna is a great character with a bad history. Her mother died when she(she being Luna) was 9, and unlike Harry, Luna could remember her. Luna has always been a bit of an outcast and called weird, but she used this to her advantage and just ignored everybody. She was insulted and called "Loony" because of her odd beliefs, and only a few people saw beyond the odd things she said. Beyond that, Luna was clever, brave, encouraging, and kind. She helped Harry produce a Patronus at the Battle of Hogwarts when no one else could and helped him find a Horcrux.

2. Piper is a bit of an underrated character in the series. Most people like Annabeth the best, and don't get me wrong, I do like Annabeth but I like Piper a bit more. The reason hy is because not only was she cast out for being different like Luna, she never really got to do much. True, Annabeth did have a hard childhood being on the run and all, but Piper had a father who was almost never around, her powers in which nobody believed her, and the fact that every time she thought something happy happened it was all the Mist. She's brave, beautiful, and clever, and showed the Aphrodite cabin what love and beauty really is.

3. Wanda, Wanda, Wanda. She is one of my all-time favorites in the MCU. That's because she's basically a queen. Wanda had a bad past with HYDRA experimenting on her and Pietro. Though they did allow it, it was because they had almost no choice. They were orphaned at age 10 and had to take care of themselves. After she joined the Avengers and slowly became happy, her twin Pietro died protecting Hawkeye. After recovering, she finally found love with Vision, the android that the Avengers created(HERE COMES THE SPOILER). Then, Wanda is forced to kill Vision to destroy the Infinity Stone of Mind and not let Thanos get it. She literally destroys THE MOST powerful Infinity stone with one hand while holding off THANOS who has five Infinity stones with the other? Can I get a "GO QUEEN"? Then, she has to stand there and watch as Thanos just turns back time anyways, killing Vision practically again and getting the stone. And Wanda doesn't go insane(ANOTHER BIG SPOILER AHEAD)? Unfortunately, she turns to ash because of the Snap and yeah. 

Shoutout to Bucky Barnes, who I also love.

• Posted at:

☸฿Ɇ₳Ɽ☸

ǤŘ¥₣₣ƗŇƤ₣F

ĆĦƗŁĐ Ø Ħ€ŘΜ€Ş 

*∂яσρ-кι¢кѕ ρυмρкιи* SKOOPY

ᎶᎾ ᏟᎪᏢS

Ꭵ uᏁᎠᎬᏒsᏆᎾᎾᎠ ᏆhᎪᏆ ᏒᎬfᎬᏒᎬᏁᏟᎬ 

nínjα turtlє чσu вєttєr stσp pσkíng mє