How much would you say you like horses?

Thumbnail avatar d9268bcca1

dragonflyhawk130

So, my life pretty much revolves around horses but it is rare I find anyone who likes horses at all. Therefore, I am starting this chat thread so I can find out if anyone else likes horses and if there are people out there, you can post on this thread for riding and training tips, how to convince your parents to let you get a horse, etc, or just to chat about horses. I have been riding both English and Western for several years, so I tend to be a fairly reliable source and I love teaching people about horses. I even was a junior riding camp counselor for a summer. Anyways, I would love to hear from horseback riders if there are any here.

• Posted at:

Please tell us why you'd like to report this post

Call me Dawn!

Female

~Queen of Books~

Homethread @349256

Library Nerd!

#Avidreader

#Lockwood&Co.

#SixofCrows

Weekly Quote:

"Be a voice, not an echo." - Unknown

Thumbnail avatar 6bf20a1968

bookishunicorn121

You called? I have done a few lessons, but they wont start up again till after we move.

-Unicorn

• Posted at:

Unicorn

| ISFP | Libra | Elysium | Scriptor | Ravenclaw |            

Triplets:Vixen and Samurai

Flip: Candycorn/pony 

Best Friends:Bracha, Jin, Fiona, Rune,Cain

3/30/18

Thumbnail avatar 785ef00234

tigercrawling99

I love horses but sadly I don’t get to ride much

• Posted at:

-Grey-

I’m a Greencloak                     My real spirit animal is a coyote

Ares Child

Magician of the House Of Life

Narnian 

Hufflepuff

#ProudChristian

Mostly active on weekends due to school

Thumbnail avatar bf802bf55e

flasheagle51

you rang? owo

I've been riding western style for two years now, and I'm pretty good at it, I guess-

I enjoy riding horses because it gives me time to be alone with my thoughts and (i say as i've been hiding in my closet with a tablet for five hours now) I don't have enough time for that. Ever.  

• Posted at:

ƶεσ (αɳƭƭɦεร)  

ɪ' ʀʀɴʟʏ sɪɴɢ:  

>[shє/hєr]<    

ʀɴɴs

THE SKY'S GONNA HURT WHEN IT FALLS, SO YOU'D BETTER START BUILDING SOME WALLS...

¤Proud Canadia

Thumbnail avatar 671217a0a3

horsedragon1273

I ride, and I've been riding for a little whilw. I ride western and mostly just trail ride, though I am part of a 4-H group.

• Posted at:

>ɮᘿl<

There never waֆ a ǝɔoɥɔ

Why so silent, good Messieurs?

Did you think that I had left you for good?

One day I was walking and I found this big log

...Yes, I'm hiding in a crate. Tickets are expensive.

DCI.

7-8-14||S.O.S.||Knock

dragonflyhawk130

Yay, horse people!

@Unicorn- Cool! Lessons are the best! Do you do lessons in a group or individually?

@Grey- That's too bad! If you have neighbors or friend that have horses, you could try asking them to let you ride their horses. That's how I rode my first horse.

@Zero- Western is my favorite! I first learned to ride English, then Western, but Western has always been my favorite.

@Rebel- Trail riding is awesome! It's so relaxing. (At least until your horse spooks at a rabbit and runs you into a tree. It's happened to me xD) What's being in a 4-H group like?

• Posted at:

Call me Dawn!

Female

~Queen of Books~

Homethread @349256

Library Nerd!

#Avidreader

#Lockwood&Co.

#SixofCrows

Weekly Quote:

horsedragon1273

Try having a horse who you can't trust in water- if you go in with my horse, he's most likely going to roll. Crossings are fine, just can't really let him have a drink at the stops in the rivers and lakes and such. I wish I could say that it's only happened once, but it's happened three times. He also gets really fuzzy, which is somewhat funny because I live in Texas and Texas is hot. It's also not that cold in the winter unless a cool front goes through, so his hair growth is really excessive.

My horse was scared of crickets once, though he didn't do anything stupid. I mean, he's done stupid stuff, but not with the crickets. 

I'm probably not the best example of a good 4-H member, but it's pretty cool. We do volunteer stuff and have stuff related to horses, and host two horse shows. I'm one of the officers as well for my club. We have monthly meetings, but it's mostly just business stuff, so they're not the most interesting of things but they're still important. The people are pretty cool as well. Hope that helped answered your question.

• Posted at:

>ɮᘿl<

There never waֆ a ǝɔoɥɔ

DCI.

7-8-14||S.O.S.||Knock

dragonflyhawk130

@Rebel- Lol! I have had horses who are scared of the water in their water buckets! Also, fuzzy horses are just really funny. I live in Utah, so when it's winter, the fuzzy horses get really, really fuzzy! They almost look like pom-poms with legs and a head! That 4-H stuff sound really fun! I wonder if there is a group near me... 

• Posted at:

Call me Dawn!

Female

~Queen of Books~

Homethread @349256

Library Nerd!

#Avidreader

#Lockwood&Co.

#SixofCrows

Weekly Quote:

horsedragon1273

Yeah, I don't know. Look into it, and since you want horse stuff, try to find a horse one, since I think there are other activities that can constitute a 4-H club, or at least not have horses as a priority... I know less than I should.

I will say though, my horse doesn't quite look like a pom-pom with legs and a head. He's just fuzzy. When spring comes around we literally take a shedding blade and assist him in removing all the hair.

A horse I know was afraid of water crossings until my mom rode him through a ton since there were a lot on the trail ride. He's not ours, but rather a friend of my moms. That cured him. He also once scared himself with a reed- he tried to take a bite of it, but it didn't yield, so when he let go it startled him.

Also, it's pretty funny that a horse could be scared of water in a water bucket.

I once saw this thing, and it was:

Horses are scared of two things

1. Things that move

2. Things that don't move

And it's pretty applicable to a horses fears. Some of our horses are afraid of waves.

• Posted at:

>ɮᘿl<

There never waֆ a ǝɔoɥɔ

DCI.

7-8-14||S.O.S.||Knock

Thumbnail avatar f5c1cb7917

compasspaw43

I work around cattle and traveling ar the farm a lot, so horses are the way to go. Our family has five(?) horses that are normally just for farm work/some transportation but we do let kids ride them in our local fall festival parade. I'm the only one of my siblings to do rodeos, I barrel race, calf tie down roping, and I'm working up to steer roping. I do love my horse. I mean sure, I've been kicked off a few times but hey, as much as I'm around them, it was going to happen eventually. Does anyone else do rodeos?

• Posted at:

We're Functioning just fine, we're alive

What's your Malfunction?

Bring it forth perfects a bore for what it's worth

Curvy, skinny, or bizarre

The best shape is who you are

Raise your hand if you're not from a mold

Varied strings are worth more than gold

Thumbnail avatar 7e99905417

tornadowave90

I've always loved horses, really. Up until third grade, I begged my parents on a daily basis that I wanted horseback riding lessons. I stopped asking around then, realizing my family can't afford stuff like that, and there are no riding lesson options anywhere near our towns. So... yep.

• Posted at:

♪♪  ꧁《tσrnαdσ》꧂♪♪

☆We have a reputation of failure to uphold!☆

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

Why are you still reading this...? Scroll down!

INTJ

Tornado's Inactivity? Band. Hotel? Trivago.

NOTHING EVER LASTS FOREVER.

Thumbnail avatar 56e56a6bc0

hydrahoneydew9

Eh?

• Posted at:

ocean 

your evil fandom reference queen

haunted by knee bruise goblins | nr's mb-sis

|probably playing miitopia| drowning in ships|

≋≋≋≋≋≋≋≋≋≋≋≋≋≋

(thanks eris)

#Saveisaac2k19

#wafflesarefriends

#rememberhurricane

Thumbnail avatar bf802bf55e

flasheagle51

I've watched a rodeo, although I've never done one, but I've done a "barrel race" in which you're not supposed to go faster than a jog but I somehow end up with a) the horse that's hungry all the time

b) the horse that just wants to stop working for the day in the middle of the race or

c) the one horse that was trained to race and decides to run all the way while I'm trying to hold on for my life- 

My experience with horses is limited, so this is the best I'm allowed to do, but I'll do awesome stuff eventually-

• Posted at:

ƶεσ (αɳƭƭɦεร)  

ɪ' ʀʀɴʟʏ sɪɴɢ:  

>[shє/hєr]<    

ʀɴɴs

THE SKY'S GONNA HURT WHEN IT FALLS, SO YOU'D BETTER START BUILDING SOME WALLS...

¤Proud Canadia

Thumbnail avatar 17e80c08a7

brownlynx107

I love riding horses, but I don’t do it often. I also love blacksmithing, so being a farrier is a career option for me! I watch a LOT of Sam Fowler (and Alec).

• Posted at:

Arl

(He/him)

Forum bro: Tiger

Dead 5 times.

The worst things in life

Come free to us

We're all under the upper hand

#NKT