Thumbnail avatar 37d0055509

scarletdragon3016

It’s a broken world out there. And you are part of it as well. Broken.

In this world, people have to make a choice. Be broken, or to be “whole”. But if you’re “whole”, you will die. Because if you’re whole, you won’t have what it takes to survive. The choice you make marks whether you are a “Fraction”, or a “Whole”.

If a child lives through their harsh childhood to become a teenager, they have to make a decision. Either they give up part of their humanity in the Exchange, a major trait that makes them who they are, in exchange for an ability that can help them with survival. If they choose not to, they basically ensure their own death through that simple phrase, trading their life with humanity. But despite these odds that would seemingly ensure everyone choose to go with a power, the choice is always split into about half to half, and it seems like there is no choice at all.

It has been like this since the first person in history could remember. You are one of those kids, torn between choosing living, but losing part of who you are—or trying to live in a merciless world, without a power of your own.

Meanwhile, some hold doubt. There must be something—or someone—controlling the currents, from afar. If you find it/them, then you will be saving everyone from having to make the horrible choice you have to make right now.

What will you do? What choice will you make? And if you go on the quest to find whatever it is that is manipulating all of you…will you even find the truth? Most importantly, will you make it back?

List of Roles/Participants:

Telex Jackman; taken by Jazzy

Justice Valinair; taken by Dawn

Lukas Adler; taken by Dawn

Rowan Stone; taken by Unicorn

Arabella Carson; taken by Vixen

Hitan Yume; taken by Galaxian Explosion

Saves:

-Rebel

Relationships Chart:

Justice Valinair & Lukas Adler

Guidelines:

-> Please don’t fight/squabble/argue/perform actions of that sort, in or outside the RP. :D

-> Try not to control other people’s characters…

-> Try to post every 3 days, at least. Inform us/me when you will be inactive, as well, please.

-> Have fun!

Vocabulary to Know for Readers:

-The Exchange: Meaning the choice having to be made when a child reaches teen age, either to trade a trait for a power (Option 1), or to try and live on without any powers (Option 2).

-The Abandoned Trait: The trait that was given up when a teenager chooses to trade it for a power (Option 1). It becomes completely separated from their original personality, and cannot come back.

-The Fraction: Referring to those who chose Option 1.

-The Whole: Referring to those who chose Option 2.

-The Abandoned Trait, that of which was removed ("abandoned") during the Exchange, had been a major part of the former personality the character had. The trait abandoned by the character will/must remain constant throughout the roleplay unless a twist is specified, however, it cannot change permanently back to the original (unless stated).

- The difference between “power” and “ability” is that if a character goes with Option 2, the character has favorable abilities, however, it is not a "power". Abilities are natural and possible for a normal human to achieve, whereas powers are leaning towards the fantasy side, and the non-existent world. 

-Galaxian Explosion-

• Posted at:

Please tell us why you'd like to report this post

Ⱡ

₳

єχρσѕισи

ł

₳

₦

Est. June 2018

Stars: 4,967

God of Loyalty, Life, & Cosmos

We never know all the chances we lost

Until we lose them

~I guess it's almost time to say...

"Sayonara"~

scarletdragon3016

Hitan—

I have grown almost accustomed to the feeling of impending doom hanging in the air; the way that people seem to have forgotten how to smile, or how to convey their emotions. But that’s just the way it is in this strange, cruel world. Because, in fact, they have forgotten how to do those things. Time has snatched it out of them: How to be themselves.

Either they have to take a piece of themselves out, or they lose themselves and their loved ones. This truth we all have been reminded daily, and painfully. In truth, I am really no different. Some prefer not to come outside at all, while others just get it over with. After all, our lives are constantly at stake, inside or outside, and perhaps they prefer to lessen the chance of being killed outside than inside. But I have, somehow, survived, and now it is time for me to make my choice.

A man walked by me, head down, walking quickly. “Good morning,” I greeted quickly, smiling. Then I realized, with a start, that he could not see nor hear me—both literally and figuratively. Even if he had not been blinded and deprived of hearing, he probably would have lost the strength to even acknowledge it. My smile faded as he limped away. I had seen this many times; how I smiled at someone, but they could not return the same. The hurt was hidden within us, I came to realize in time, no matter physically or mentally. Perhaps even both.

Even the Exchange Temple seemed empty. In fact, it was probably the most magnificent and impressive place in this world, but it just served as a sign of how helpless, and hopeless, we were. Those engraved carvings at the sign, in intricate detail and breathless font, were like daily insults hurled at us, reminding us of that choice we would have to make, or that we had already made. Either way, honestly, it was no choice. It seemed as if we were the ones to decide, however, the choice would be the same. Either lose part of who you are, or try to live in a merciless world, without a power of your own. Live on, with ability only, or with a power.

It is a broken world, I reminded myself. And we are part of it. Regardless of choice, we are broken. No matter if we are supposedly Fraction or Whole.

The steps stretched on ahead of me, like some sort of bleak road that can only lead to one forlorn place. I settled into the rhythm that I used while running. Now that I could see into the building, there were many people there, but they remained mostly silent. Those who were talking were muttering quietly to themselves. There are more people here than usual, I observed silently. That was never a good sign. It was only one Exchange, after all. Usually, more people meant more Exchanges. The Priest—as we all called him—noticed me immediately. Like usual, he didn’t smile, or acknowledge that he had seen me at all.

I was in no hurry to make a choice, but it was interesting why there were so many people here for one Exchange. However, asking why would be rude and impolite; I would have to wait and see. I strode up to the platform silently, and the crowd became even louder, apparently wondering why a young child was doing up there, when in fact I was thirteen.

I felt a pang of sympathy towards those down in the crowd. Most of them were adults, with some sort of scar on them, physically or not. But there were also many teenagers there, presumably all older than me, and had already gone through the Exchange. Some looked at me with empathy, while others didn’t appear to have any reaction. Perhaps they had lost the ability to react in itself. There were no young children; why was I the youngest here? Usually, they had young children spectate, to know what was to come when they became older, though I never had that…privilege. Which made it all the more strange, to only know what was usually expected, but also the most intriguing to me.

I turned and faced the crowd. “Hitan Yume,” I announced, my voice rising above and spreading across the crowd like a tidal wave, though I had said it quietly. A murmur rose up in the crowd; they did not, once again, expect me to be so confident, nor to introduce myself.

“It is the Exchange,” the Priest started, in that solemn and strange way of his, “that will occur today. He will now choose to belong to the Fraction, or the Whole.” The crowd still seemed confused about my age, but never mind that. The heat of the day seemed to be getting to me, as my mind started to feel foggy, almost. Was that a Symptom of the Exchange? I decided, that instant, that I hated the Exchange. Choice or not, it was like it was choosing for you. I will make my own choices.

“Now, Hitan,” the priest addressed me. “Which will you choose?”

The glint of the sun shone out of the corner of my eye. There was no choice; not for me. The people started to get louder again, seeing that I was not responding. I want to keep looking at that sky. “I choose to survive.”

For the first time, the Priest looked confused. After all, I had only just indirectly stated my choice, and he likely couldn’t tell which option I meant. “What do you mean?”

I mean that I will belong to neither, I answered in my mind, but I’m making the choice that will make it so. “Thus, I will give up part of myself to make me Whole,” I recited, and then the crowd went even more silent, if it was even possible.

A series of slow clapping cut through the silence, but not in a good way. “Very good, very good,” the voice that belonged to that person said, seemingly melting out of the shadows as people turned to him in confusion. I did not turn to face him, as he was behind me, but my peripheral vision told me that he was a middle-aged man, dressed in semi-formal clothes. Somehow, he seemed different than the others in the crowd; he had been standing aside, silently spectating. I wondered how long he had been waiting there.

A government agent? I wondered. What is someone like him doing here?

--O--

So, basically, since I ended it there, the government agent can be the person who brings all the characters going on the quest together. What do you guys think? (I don't want to do the annoying control-character thing, sorry :)

-Galaxian Explosion-

• Posted at:

Ⱡ

₳

єχρσѕισи

ł

₳

₦

Est. June 2018

Until we lose them

"Sayonara"~

Thumbnail avatar d9268bcca1

dragonflyhawk130

Sounds good to me. 

• Posted at:

Call me Dawn!

Female

~Queen of Books~

Homethread @349256

Library Nerd!

#Avidreader

#Lockwood&Co.

#SixofCrows

Weekly Quote:

"Be a voice, not an echo." - Unknown

dragonflyhawk130

I will try and POV today or tomorrow, I'm just kind of busy today.  

• Posted at:

Call me Dawn!

Female

~Queen of Books~

Homethread @349256

Library Nerd!

#Avidreader

#Lockwood&Co.

#SixofCrows

Weekly Quote:

scarletdragon3016

All right with me :D.

-Galaxian-

• Posted at:

Ⱡ

₳

єχρσѕισи

ł

₳

₦

Est. June 2018

Until we lose them

"Sayonara"~

Thumbnail avatar 7c5e36d938

dragonheart5528

oof, same with Dawn xp

• Posted at:

íf єvєrч thσught íѕ α вαttlє,

evєrч вrєαth íѕ α wαr

í dσn't thínk í'm

wínníng αnчmσrє

scarletdragon3016

@Jazzy That's completely fine :D.

-Galaxian-

• Posted at:

Ⱡ

₳

єχρσѕισи

ł

₳

₦

Est. June 2018

Until we lose them

"Sayonara"~

scarletdragon3016

@All Rebel is joining this RP with at least one character (Embyr). :D

-Galaxian-

• Posted at:

Ⱡ

₳

єχρσѕισи

ł

₳

₦

Est. June 2018

Until we lose them

"Sayonara"~

dragonheart5528

@Galaxian should I POV the same as Hitan, with the ceremony?

• Posted at:

evєrч вrєαth íѕ α wαr

í dσn't thínk í'm

wínníng αnчmσrє

scarletdragon3016

@Jazzy Well, since the ceremony is at the age of 13, I don't think Telex needs to, unless you want her Exchange to be at age 14. Nonetheless, it's your choice. :D

-Galaxian-

• Posted at:

Ⱡ

₳

єχρσѕισи

ł

₳

₦

Est. June 2018

Until we lose them

"Sayonara"~

dragonheart5528

@Galaxian Nah, that's okay. So if you already said this in the wall of text (you are a seriously great writer, dude!!) I'm really sorry, I didn't see it, but um what would someone generally be doing for the POV part at the start of this RP?

• Posted at:

evєrч вrєαth íѕ α wαr

í dσn't thínk í'm

wínníng αnчmσrє

scarletdragon3016

@Jazzy It largely varies for the character, I would guess. Hopefully, it's an introduction to the character, that identifies them as a unique character (I'm cheating; I'm sort of using the first POV as a reference to see how a character is for the story xD). Perhaps maybe add their personality in some way, as well as make their Abandoned Trait available. But perhaps, on the other hand, I should scratch that idea, since it may be hard. I'll just try to find some way to finish Hitan's introduction and get them all together, maybe. (I know, I'm sounding so confident, xD.)

By the way, it's my fault. I put it in the "Other" for Hitan's form. I tend to write really long "Other"s :P.

Thanks for the compliment! :) Feel free to do your first POV when you want, how you want, or you can just wait until I get myself straightened up, xD.

-Galaxian-

• Posted at:

Ⱡ

₳

єχρσѕισи

ł

₳

₦

Est. June 2018

Until we lose them

"Sayonara"~

dragonheart5528

@Galaxian Okay, thanks. I should be able to get my first POV in tonight or tomorrow.

• Posted at:

evєrч вrєαth íѕ α wαr

í dσn't thínk í'm

wínníng αnчmσrє

scarletdragon3016

@Jazzy No problem, I should be the one thanking you all. Hope to read it soon :).

-Galaxian-

• Posted at:

Ⱡ

₳

єχρσѕισи

ł

₳

₦

Est. June 2018

Until we lose them

"Sayonara"~

dragonflyhawk130

Sorry I didn't get my POV up yesterday! I will try to get it up today.

• Posted at:

Call me Dawn!

Female

~Queen of Books~

Homethread @349256

Library Nerd!

#Avidreader

#Lockwood&Co.

#SixofCrows

Weekly Quote:

scarletdragon3016

@Dawn That's fine! :D

-Galaxian-

• Posted at:

Ⱡ

₳

єχρσѕισи

ł

₳

₦

Est. June 2018

Until we lose them

"Sayonara"~

Thumbnail avatar 671217a0a3

horsedragon1273

I wanted to make a slight adjustment to his power and abandoned trait- for his power, it is possible for him to make a warp the actual reality, but this is draining, so he doesn't do it often, nor does he want to do it often. For his abandoned trait, he really doesn't care about much anything, not just people.

Endyr:

He had been sitting on a bench, watching people walk to and from for some time now, but he honestly could have cared less. He was unable to care about others, or even really about himself, since his Exchange. He had become Fractured, and with that he gained the power to warp reality -useful-, but had lost his empathy, his ability to care. Since that day, he had been going aimlessly through life, going through the motions and messing up some peoples lives along the way. As he sat there, he noticed someone who seemed out of place, and in a clothing style that he recognized. A government agent, and one who was walking towards him briskly. He didn't move, didn't pay much attention to the government agent until it was impossible to ignore him. At that point, Endyr looked at him, his face blank. "Yes?" He asked, his tone flat, not even wondering what the agent wanted. The agent took a moment to clear his throat before he spoke.

"I am currently acting as a representative for the government. Currently, a group of young individuals are being put together to go on a... journey of sorts. Details will be specified at a later date once all volunteers are gathered and situated. We believe that you could be useful, so will you accept?" The agent says, his words fine and clipped. 

Endyr isn't really sure why they'd want him, other than for his power. He didn't care about their premise, details or no details, so he figured he'd decline.

"No thanks." He says, and the government agent looks at him closely.

"I believe that I may have misphrased that. I was willing to give you the illusion of a choice, but evidently that is not what you desire. That was an order, at least for you. Now, come along." With that, the agent steps to the side, waiting for Endyr to get up. Endyr does so slowly, then follows the government agent as he walks through people, leading him to  some unknown destination.

• Posted at:

>ɮᘿl<

There never waֆ a ǝɔoɥɔ

Why so silent, good Messieurs?

Did you think that I had left you for good?

One day I was walking and I found this big log

...Yes, I'm hiding in a crate. Tickets are expensive.

DCI.

7-8-14||S.O.S.||Knock

scarletdragon3016

Hitan--

I bowed my head. “Greetings.”

The agent didn’t seem to know how to deal with proper formalities. That was no surprise; but since those in the government had higher authority and higher privilege, the people were practically forced to worship them like gods. In truth, they were no less vulnerable as we, just that they had the citizens in front of them, human shields ready to protect them at all costs. They were like that, no matter if they were officials, or agents. As long as they were in the government, it meant they were all like that.

“Hitan Yume, was it?” he continued. He talked like he was educated, but his demeanor suggested otherwise. Had politeness…been his Abandoned Trait? Then, what would his power be?

Government agents, though they weren’t in higher rankings, were usually of the Fraction. They had to have a very strong mental power, or a physical power, both of which could be easily used. Those of the Whole were usually either selected because of almost inhumane skill, or to block the others from danger, practically human shields. Those from the Whole were not viewed as existent, because everyone presumed that those to die next would be them.

I realized the area had gone silent again. I looked down at the crowd, expecting to see hungry faces, and the thin frames that made up the people. But all I saw was the faces of the weak, staring up at me desperately. The weak cannot survive this world, I reminded myself.

“Yes, sir.” I left the remaining question hanging there, but then our eyes locked. I realized it was a battle—a test for me. I couldn’t break away my gaze. Mind control? I thought, and fought away the urge to knock him back, and instead held myself still.

As if to confirm my suspicions, the man smiled slightly and released me. I nearly drew back, recoiling, but managed to stop. The man was a snake, no doubt. You have passed my test, he told me, his words slithering through my mind like oil. I made a mental note to make a mental barrier from now on.

The Priest was waving people away. The agent smiled at me, still looking rather serpentine. “Let us go to somewhere where we can talk in secret.” He smirked. I just nodded, and moved towards a corner, remembering not to trust him. He might try to probe my mind again.

“You were Chosen,” he started immediately, grinning in a way I did not like. I did not like what he said, either. Chosen, meaning to become a soldier, to block the beasts and dangers outside. To sacrifice oneself, to put simply.

I looked at him, waiting for him to continue. He grinned again. “How old are you?”

I continued my neutral expression. He should know, but why was he asking? “Just thirteen, sir.”

“Thirteen is just old enough to join the Barricade,” he replied. I wanted to do something to that smile on his face. Perhaps…

“Yes, sir.”

“But then, maybe not.” I was surprised, for sure. What did he mean?

“You can do what others cannot. You could resist. Being a Fraction, will strong willpower, means that you can do more than just be part of the Barricade.” He grinned. “Do you know what this means?”

Something good, I hoped. But then, I had multiple hypotheses to what that might mean; none of them truly a good possibility. Let me hope I would outsmart myself this one time.

--O--

*To clarify, Hitan’s abandoned trait comes out when he is against an opponent especially, not consistently.*

@Rebel Okay! Just for me to know, would you allow it if I used your character(s) in a forumfic, of the same plot?

-Galaxian Explosion-

• Posted at:

Ⱡ

₳

єχρσѕισи

ł

₳

₦

Est. June 2018

Until we lose them

"Sayonara"~

horsedragon1273

@Galaxian

Thats completely fine with me.

• Posted at:

>ɮᘿl<

There never waֆ a ǝɔoɥɔ

DCI.

7-8-14||S.O.S.||Knock

dragonflyhawk130

I just realized I messed something up on my POV, so I am changing it. Sorry!

Justice Valinair

I had been watching Exchange ceremony when my life changed forever. I went to almost every ceremony and it was the usual crowd, except for one thing. There was a man, well-dressed, at least compared to most of those around me, and didn't seem to quite fit in. He had an odd air of sorts around him, and I had to wonder who he was. I had been watching him, and paying little attention to the ceremony. I usually went to the Exchange so I could anonymously help those who chose to be Whole. I didn't approve of the Exchange, so I left bits of food and supplies for the Whole for a week after they made their choice. It was the only real and even slightly effective way I could defy the authorities who had created the Exchange. However, I had been watching the man instead of the ceremony. When I realized a small brown hair girl who had been announced as Alice chose Whole, I jotted her name down on my arm. Then, the man walked up to me, very suddenly, so suddenly I reached for my knifes before I remembered I had left them at "home." The man said, "You are Justice Valinair." It wasn't a question. "You don't need to know who I am," he continued. "However, I have important information for you. You are different, and have a higher purpose." I snorted. "If your saying that because I'm Whole, being one of the Whole is nothing special. Sure, there aren't many of us, but that doesn't do to much for us. And what about that girl, Alice. Are you going to go talk to her to?"

"No," he said. She is not special, like you. You never wanted powers, not for anything. You have made a life for yourself, for many years, living on your own land, with those horses you hunt with. You have made yourself powerful, and you can help the world. Now if you'll just come with me..." He turned away and walked through the crowd, just slowly enough that I could folow. Almost certain I would regret my descision, I walked after him, into the unknown.

• Posted at:

Call me Dawn!

Female

~Queen of Books~

Homethread @349256

Library Nerd!

#Avidreader

#Lockwood&Co.

#SixofCrows

Weekly Quote:

dragonflyhawk130

Justice Valinair

I had been watching Exchange ceremony when my life changed forever. I went to almost every ceremony and it was the usual crowd, except for one thing. There was a man, well-dressed, at least compared to most of those around me, and didn't seem to quite fit in. He had an odd air of sorts around him, and I had to wonder who he was. I had been watching him, and paying little attention to the ceremony. I usually went to the Exchange so I could anonymously help those who chose to be Whole. I didn't approve of the Exchange, so I left bits of food and supplies for the Whole for a week after they made their choice. It was the only real and even slightly effective way I could defy the authorities who had created the Exchange. However, I had been watching the man instead of the ceremony. When I realized a small brown hair girl who had been announced as Alice chose Whole, I jotted her name down on my arm. Then, the man walked up to me, very suddenly, so suddenly I reached for my knifes before I remembered I had left them at "home." The man said, "You are Justice Valinair." It wasn't a question. "You don't need to know who I am," he continued. "However, I have important information for you. You are one of the Whole, and have a higher purpouse." I snorted. "Being one of the Whole is nothing special. Sure, there aren't many of us, but that doesn't do to much for us. And what about that girl, Alice. Are you going to go talk to her to?" "No," he said. She is not special, like you. She wants to have powers,but is afraid to lose herself. It is fear that drives her. You never wanted powers, not for anything. You have made a life for yourself, for many years, living on your own land, with those horses you hunt with. You have made yourself powerful, and you can help the world. Now if you'll just come with me..." He turned away and walked through the crowd, just slowly enough that I could folow. Almost certain I would regret my descision, I walked after him, into the unknown.

• Posted at:

Call me Dawn!

Female

~Queen of Books~

Homethread @349256

Library Nerd!

#Avidreader

#Lockwood&Co.

#SixofCrows

Weekly Quote:

scarletdragon3016

@Unicorn and Vixen Have you found this thread?

@Everyone This thread is in the grips of the no-starring glitch, for some reason...

-Galaxian-

• Posted at:

Ⱡ

₳

єχρσѕισи

ł

₳

₦

Est. June 2018

Until we lose them

"Sayonara"~

scarletdragon3016

BoOm! Will hopefully POV soon...I don't want this to dwindle out. :/

• Posted at:

Ⱡ

₳

єχρσѕισи

ł

₳

₦

Est. June 2018

Until we lose them

"Sayonara"~

scarletdragon3016

Welcome, Unicorn, to this RPing thread! Yay...!

(PAMA reference from Minecraft story mode. Didn't get it? xD. I thought so.

Though, if you did, that was probably a tiny bit creepy...)

-Galaxian Explosion-

• Posted at:

Ⱡ

₳

єχρσѕισи

ł

₳

₦

Est. June 2018

Until we lose them

"Sayonara"~

scarletdragon3016

• Posted at:

Ⱡ

₳

єχρσѕισи

ł

₳

₦

Est. June 2018

Until we lose them

"Sayonara"~

horsedragon1273

Maybe you could POV again Galaxian? You're the one who knows whats going to happen next, so some of us can't can't really POV without that.

I might try to submit another charactet this week .We'll see.

• Posted at:

>ɮᘿl<

There never waֆ a ǝɔoɥɔ

DCI.

7-8-14||S.O.S.||Knock

scarletdragon3016

@Rebel Alright. Good point :).

@Everyone The story's first chapter is up; let me know if you want to see it or not :).

-Galaxian Explosion-

• Posted at:

Ⱡ

₳

єχρσѕισи

ł

₳

₦

Est. June 2018

Until we lose them

"Sayonara"~

dragonflyhawk130

Yes, I want to see the chapter! 

• Posted at:

Call me Dawn!

Female

~Queen of Books~

Homethread @349256

Library Nerd!

#Avidreader

#Lockwood&Co.

#SixofCrows

Weekly Quote:

PLZ SAVE ONE FOR ME PLZ!!

• Posted at:

Owl Percyjacksonous Taco

Also here with,

Luna 

Luka

Nicki

scarletdragon3016

Saved. Please try to get the form in by 9/20/18, Thursday, at 8:25 EDT, and be as specific as possible. You can also resave by that time, or it expires. Thanks!

Saves:

-Rebel (?)

-Penguinbook60 (Do you have a nickname? If not, I recommend you make one. :)

-Galaxian Explosion-

• Posted at:

Ⱡ

₳

єχρσѕισи

ł

₳

₦

Est. June 2018

Until we lose them

"Sayonara"~

scarletdragon3016

@Jazzy, Dawn, Unicorn, Vixen, and Rebel

I'm really not sure if you guys are all active anymore. Everyone in the RP (meaning the ones I addressed above), please say "Hai!", so I know. :)

Hai! ^_^

(If I find only Dawn and Rebel are active, I'm going to have to reboot this, but all of your characters will still be in the story.)

-Galaxian-

• Posted at:

Ⱡ

₳

єχρσѕισи

ł

₳

₦

Est. June 2018

Until we lose them

"Sayonara"~

horsedragon1273

Hai!

• Posted at:

>ɮᘿl<

There never waֆ a ǝɔoɥɔ

DCI.

7-8-14||S.O.S.||Knock