Do you like this story?

Thumbnail avatar 37d0055509

scarletdragon3016

Prologue--

"It's a broken world out there. And we are all part of it as well. Broken."

In this world, one has to make a choice. Be broken, or to be "whole". But if one is "whole", they will die. Because if they are whole, they won't have what it takes to survive. The choice they make marks whether they are part of the "Fraction", or the "Whole".

If a child lives through their harsh childhood to become a teenager, they have to make a decision. Either they give up part of their humanity in the Exchange, a major trait that makes them who they are, in exchange for an ability that can help them with survival. If they choose not to, they basically ensure their own death, trading their life to keep their humanity. But despite these odds that would seemingly ensure the decisions' outcome, the choice is always split into about half to half. Rather, it seems like there is no choice at all.

It has been like this since the first person in history could remember. Kids are torn between choosing living, but losing part of who they are—or trying to live in a merciless world, without a power of their own.

Meanwhile, some hold doubt. There must be something—or someone—controlling the currents, from afar. If one finds it/them, then they will be saving everyone from having to make the horrible choice that is the Exchange. Therefore, the government selects a small group of kids, sent to seek the answers and determine the truth.

Yet the truth itself might be just as fractured.

Chapter One--

“It has been a year since the Exchange for me, and still I feel nothing, as I hear the rumbling of voices far away, in the Temple.”

Telex glanced outside the window briefly, fingers slowly thumbing along the designs on the book cover. Finding it uninteresting, she prepared to cast it aside, just as she heard an ominous knock on the door, once again reminding her that she was alone.

It was ironic, really. She had chosen Option One to stay with her family, only to cast them away from herself. She hadn’t been the girl they expected to know, so they stayed away most of the time. When they were together, it wasn’t any less awkward.

The knocking, cautious, proceeded in soft raps, followed by some firm ones, then some pauses. Whoever was out there was not taking a hint to leave. With a slight growl, Telex strode over to the door and swung it open, stopping it halfway with her foot. Standing beyond the gray steps was a lady, maybe in her mid-30s, who smiled immediately, and much too widely to be natural. “Telex Jackman?”

She chose to let her silence answer the question. The woman gave her a slight nod, then seemed to try to think of what to say. “We have important matters at hand.” Telex continued to have no reaction. The other obviously could not see that she was not welcome here. Maybe she was someone who was used to getting her way; after all, she had a stunning appearance, with soft features, and pale brown hair winding around her face in a caress, not to mention sparkling green eyes. “May I come in?” She phrased it more like a statement then a question.

The corners of Telex’s mouth turned a slight notch downwards. “No.” She glared at the other, who responded with a slight smile, reminding the girl of the corners of a lynx’s mouth when it has its eyes of prey, knowing of the absolute chance of winning the hunt.

“You might want to know,” she continued, quietening her voice, “that the matters I have at hand regard you, and your future.” Telex stared at the other, half disgust and half disregard, though of course the other would not be able to tell, and would likely interpret it as disbelief. That soft appearance was just a disguise, after all. She straightened herself, and moved to one side.--O--

-Galaxian Explosion- (Copyright)

• Posted at:

Please tell us why you'd like to report this post

Ⱡ

₳

єχρσѕισи

ł

₳

₦

Est. June 2018

Stars: 4,967

God of Loyalty, Life, & Cosmos

We never know all the chances we lost

Until we lose them

~I guess it's almost time to say...

"Sayonara"~

scarletdragon3016

It sent out before I intended it to, xD, but I just wanted to mention, I'm always open to feedback/constructive criticism. :D

-Galaxian-

• Posted at:

Ⱡ

₳

єχρσѕισи

ł

₳

₦

Est. June 2018

Until we lose them

"Sayonara"~

scarletdragon3016

BoOm

(Just for the sake of remembering to write this, xD)

-Galaxian-

• Posted at:

Ⱡ

₳

єχρσѕισи

ł

₳

₦

Est. June 2018

Until we lose them

"Sayonara"~

I like it so far. Very intriguing. (Did you mention this as an idea before? I think I remember it)

• Posted at:

₵₳ł₦ Elysium 

A gunslinger

A female

A myth

"ᴛʜᴇ ᴛʀᴜsᴛ ᴏғ ᴛʜᴇ ɪɴɴᴏᴄᴇɴᴛ ɪs ᴀ ʟɪᴀʀ's ᴍᴏsᴛ ᴜsᴇғᴜʟ ᴛᴏᴏʟ"-ʀᴏʟᴀɴᴅ

#Haven86and3000+posts

scarletdragon3016

@Cain Thanks so much! Yep, I did mention it. Now I finally got the idea on...the screen. (It was supposed to be the saying "on paper", but since I'm typing it...by the way, is the reboot of Returning Home up yet? :D)

-Galaxian Explosion-

• Posted at:

Ⱡ

₳

єχρσѕισи

ł

₳

₦

Est. June 2018

Until we lose them

"Sayonara"~

Great question. I've bumped it a few times, but no one seems to want to save or submit their forms. I'll keep trying though. 

• Posted at:

₵₳ł₦ Elysium 

A gunslinger

A female

A myth

"ᴛʜᴇ ᴛʀᴜsᴛ ᴏғ ᴛʜᴇ ɪɴɴᴏᴄᴇɴᴛ ɪs ᴀ ʟɪᴀʀ's ᴍᴏsᴛ ᴜsᴇғᴜʟ ᴛᴏᴏʟ"-ʀᴏʟᴀɴᴅ

#Haven86and3000+posts

scarletdragon3016

Oh. I'm still looking forward to it, though! :) It's probably because of school and crazy agendas.

-Galaxian-

• Posted at:

Ⱡ

₳

єχρσѕισи

ł

₳

₦

Est. June 2018

Until we lose them

"Sayonara"~

Thumbnail avatar 007d3a5609

dragonheart5600

This sounds awesome! If I think of any questions that basically involve world building and how it works, i’ll Keep it to myself. I do it to too many people in planning phases, I don’t want you to reevaluate the world mid story. 

• Posted at:

Cat/Sylvia

Proud hufflepuff

pma!

beauty comes from unity

where people taunt, hope says “try one more time”

#youbelongtoaduck

your loving hybrid friend,

catwolf76

scarletdragon3016

@Cat Thanks! I would actually welcome your feedback a lot, so please do tell me. I think everything is important. Besides, my largest enemy in my planny phase is myself, so no need to worry. (Too many ideas, trying to sort it out is a pain; then I try to get everything in order, and everything has to fit together.) :D I do need to think about the world more (though I'm unsure of the entire significance, and I can't spoil it, ha ha).

-Galaxian-

• Posted at:

Ⱡ

₳

єχρσѕισи

ł

₳

₦

Est. June 2018

Until we lose them

"Sayonara"~

Thumbnail avatar 275ff6f1a2

cyclonecandy39

This is wonderful!

• Posted at:

Fiona/Elia/☆☆ ɆⱠɆ₵₮Ɽł₵ ʀǟɨռ ☆☆ (Call me any)

Local RP Person! 

I'a Hufflepuff

'Call me a schemer, call me a freak. How can you say that? I'm just... unique.' -Mal (Descendants)

I'm Rotten to the Core

scarletdragon3016

@Fiona Thank you so much! :)

-Galaxian-

• Posted at:

Ⱡ

₳

єχρσѕισи

ł

₳

₦

Est. June 2018

Until we lose them

"Sayonara"~

Thumbnail avatar 007d3a5609

dragonheart5600

(This is the best I can give as a question: is it possible to lose or regain your humanity after the choice, and does the humanity go somewhere?) 

one way to help world building is to ask questions until you have a satisfactory answer. 

For example: do they regain their humanity (i’ll Just say yes as an example) how do they regain their humanity? Do they know it’s possible, has anyone proven it possible? Ect ect ect. 

• Posted at:

Cat/Sylvia

Proud hufflepuff

pma!

beauty comes from unity

where people taunt, hope says “try one more time”

#youbelongtoaduck

your loving hybrid friend,

catwolf76

Thumbnail avatar 6bf20a1968

bookishunicorn121

Wow...... is this the story you were taing about, galaxy? And @Cain it sounds familiar because it was an rp, but personally i think Galaxy writes it better then i could rp it!

Will Rowan be in it?

-Unicorn

• Posted at:

Unicorn

| ISFP | Libra | Elysium | Scriptor | Ravenclaw |            

Triplets:Vixen and Samurai

Flip: Candycorn/pony 

Best Friends:Bracha, Jin, Fiona, Rune,Cain

3/30/18

scarletdragon3016

@Cat Thank you so much, I really appreciate your feedback and your support.

@Everyone Thank you for your support! I hope to update this by this weekend, but I need to work on a school-related writing assignment, which means I will be able to draft the next chapter by tomorrow, however, I will likely be unable to proofread/submit it on here. Thanks for you patience!

@Unicorn It is. :) Thanks for allowing me the use of Rowan; therefore, she will be in the story. Currently, I am working to understand the characters, plot, world, et cetera. It is still a RP, by the way! Likely, the plot will be different in both of them. :) Thanks for your support!

-Galaxian Explosion-

• Posted at:

Ⱡ

₳

єχρσѕισи

ł

₳

₦

Est. June 2018

Until we lose them

"Sayonara"~

Thumbnail avatar 7840051c4f

dragonwolf4753

*Is stalking for updates*

• Posted at:

Seeker/V̵̰̱̾̂̇̀̈́͜ǒ̴̪͓̺̎̀̌̐́̏̈́̅ȉ̵̢̧̦̣̼͙͇͔̖̍̓͌̀̇͜d̸͖̼̟̝̪͖͆̅̿ ʜɪʀ-ʟʏɪ-ʀʙʟ

ɪ ɴ' ʀ ɪ ʀ ʏ ɪɴ,ɪ ʀʟʏ ɪ ʀ ɢɪɴ ʀʏ ɪ

The house was awake, the shadows and monsters. The hallways, they echoed and groaned

scarletdragon3016

@Seeker xD, I see you have come back. Welcome back to stalking for updates.

(By the way, I'm not going to update until you do. xD, nah, it's just part of the reason. More like I'm writing Habatake!. I will update the SAMB at the same time as Wattpad, so don't worry :)

-Galaxian Explosion-

• Posted at:

Ⱡ

₳

єχρσѕισи

ł

₳

₦

Est. June 2018

Until we lose them

"Sayonara"~

scarletdragon3016

Chapter 2--

The world was a blur. It was always a blur; it just hadn’t always been too fast for her to handle.

Rowan set her feet lightly pounding into the ground, going into long strides. Somewhere in the back of her mind, she heard voices. Yes, there were voices…they had once existed, but they were no longer there. For one moment, Rowan forgot to sink into the usual rhythm of breathing as she once again realized the stands were empty, the other runways covered with dust.

It may have well been that the stands were not that way. She could still hear a voice; a faraway, distant voice lost to the clasp of time, but a voice nonetheless.

She felt something sudden restrict her, pull her back, and suddenly she wasn’t running anymore; in fact, she wasn’t even on the ground. She was flailing in midair, glaring back at a certain someone. “I’m sorry for interrupting you, but it didn’t seem as if you were listening,” an oily voice came out. Oh, so there was a voice, after all. Rowan clenched her fists and tried not to do what she had on mind. Unfortunately, what she was planning to do would be both an offense and a crime.

“What are you doing?” she asked, in a different way than she had intended to say it with. She had intended to make it sound more insulting.

The man raised an eyebrow. They were so bushy she could imagine them having trees in themselves. “And what do you think I’m doing,” he replied, sarcastically.

Rowan would have made a snarky comment in response, but she was busy trying to get back to the ground. “Put me down. Now,” she ordered, and the other smiled again, as if confirming something.

“It is my pleasure,” he answered, and Rowan found herself returning to the ground faster than she had both wanted and expected.

--O--

(Sorry, Unicorn.)

-Galaxian Explosion-

• Posted at:

Ⱡ

₳

єχρσѕισи

ł

₳

₦

Est. June 2018

Until we lose them

"Sayonara"~

Thumbnail avatar 671217a0a3

horsedragon1273

This is pretty good so far, Galaxian.

Chapter's are a bit short, but still good.

• Posted at:

>ɮᘿl<

There never waֆ a ǝɔoɥɔ

Why so silent, good Messieurs?

Did you think that I had left you for good?

One day I was walking and I found this big log

...Yes, I'm hiding in a crate. Tickets are expensive.

DCI.

7-8-14||S.O.S.||Knock

scarletdragon3016

@Rebel Thanks! I'm actually trying to make them a bit more concise...uh, because of a certain Writing teacher. xD

-Galaxian-

• Posted at:

Ⱡ

₳

єχρσѕισи

ł

₳

₦

Est. June 2018

Until we lose them

"Sayonara"~

scarletdragon3016

I need to continue writing this, and will bump this every time to remind myself. :)

-Galaxian-

• Posted at:

Ⱡ

₳

єχρσѕισи

ł

₳

₦

Est. June 2018

Until we lose them

"Sayonara"~

Thumbnail avatar 1676635733

dragondolphin2613

Awesome plot!

Keep it up Galaxian!

• Posted at:

↰↱!Gə

Forum Bros with Arl!

“In times of darkness, conjure Lumos. - Tiger

Founder and Editor of the SAMB Forum Newspaper.

Sebastian, Camelia, Resha, Markus.

scarletdragon3016

@Tiger Thanks! I hope I don't disappoint. The next chapter should be up soon.

-Galaxian-

• Posted at:

Ⱡ

₳

єχρσѕισи

ł

₳

₦

Est. June 2018