Thumbnail avatar b7d99bda52

powerfulwolf250

I love singing, but whenever I'm supposed to sing in front of people, my throat closes up. It's gotten worse with choir, but I still want to try to sing.

I'm not sure if I'm good. I don't think I'm terrible, but probably below average. My voice sounds too forced in recordings, nasally at times, and I just know I'm not using the right technique. It's frustrating. 

I want to have the confidence to sing in front of people and sing in choir, and I'd hope vocal lessons would help with that... but what if I'm not even confident enough to sing with a teacher? What if I'm worse than I think? What if I do something wrong, terribly wrong? What if my teacher isn't good? What if my voice can't be improved?

• Posted at:

Please tell us why you'd like to report this post

TALON

INTP-

FEMALE  

VIRGO

Nico, Kyra, Abigail, Alber

"You will never be able to truly enjoy something if you only view it through biased eyes."

"I'm not the one who's lost with no direction, but you'll never see."
Thumbnail avatar 0e294bc7a0

silvermist539

Hey hey, singing lessons are for improvement; if you don't start off great, that is 100% okay. Confidence is hard to get, but just trust yourself.

I'm sure you're a lot better than you think you are ^^

If you do something wrong, well, everyone makes mistakes; you just have to try your best to get past them, no matter how hard it is. 

If your teacher isn't good, find a new one!

There's no such thing as something that can't be improved; there is always something. 

I promise you that you'll do fine, try the lessons out!

• Posted at:

-Joy

The world is quiet here.

not really active anymore but kiiinda there?

i ship things too much

zen, yoosung, jaehee, jumin, seven are my loves

v and ray, we are yet to see

sleep deprived but im existing i guess

Thumbnail avatar 577cee48a1

misttiger110

The first couple times you take any type of music lesson it’s a bit awkward. Trust me, I used to take clarinet lessons back in sixth grade when I was just beginning, and trust me, it was not pretty and I squeaked A LOT. But just a little bit of practice makes a difference, it’s not easy by any means to develop a good musical and rhythmical ear with good technique, but it worked out for me. Three and a half years later, I’m first chair in two bands. Take the risk, the embarrassment is worth it in the end. And as for confidence, I definitely didn’t have any. Especially during improv solos on saxophone in jazz band. I could play fine by my self, but in rehearsals, competitions, and concerts my mind would just do blank and I would end up embarrassing myself. I honestly thought maybe I just couldn't do it. Just try your hardest, once you learn how to sing properly you’ll sound amazing. 

• Posted at:

Call me Misty!

Just because somebody once told you the world was gonna role you, it doesn't make it true! You’re all the sharpest tools in the shed in my book.

Spooky Scary Skeletons

Send Shivers Down Your Spine!

Thumbnail avatar 7e99905417

tornadowave90

I dont sing, but I do play clarinet. (Way to steal my thunder, Talon xD)

The best way to improve is to practice as much as physically possible. My family can't afford private lessons for me, so I learn from my peers (like first chair of my band) and look for videos on YouTube on how to improve technique. I try and find music other than the ones we are doing in band and practice those so I dont get to comfortable with only a select few songs. I try to get at least two hours a day in, but sometimes schedules dont work out with it.

Practice, practice, practice!

• Posted at:

꧁《tσrnαdσ》꧂

Some call me Rey, Poet, or Valence.

☆We have a reputation of failure to uphold!☆

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

Why are you still reading this...? Scroll down!