Thumbnail avatar b7d99bda52

powerfulwolf250

Sure, my clothing is covered in goose poo and we had to play on frosty fields, and sure, I got stepped on by metal cleats and got kicked in the face a few times, but it was great. My team is amazing and rugby is just such a fun sport - I scored three tries and made some beautiful, hard tackles that left other girls winded and hurt. We had eight girls (one got a concussion so we didn't have any subs for the rest of the tournament). We did some fun live streams in the other girls' hotel rooms.All in all, a fun experience. I got to be co-captain a few times and I improved a ton since last year, which was my first year of this sport.

So, yeah. Hopefully, if I practice enough (I'll be playing year-round from here on out, I think) I might be able to get a scholarship. Hopefully.

I'm really glad I play rugby, honestly. Not a lot of people do, so I feel like it's my thing. When I make a mistake, I'm not scoffed and belittled, which is a nice change. And I'm given so much room to improve. Sometimes I wish more people would play it - and other times I'm selfish and just want it to be my special thing. Girls don't play rugby - at least, in my school, they don't. So it's nice. Really nice.

• Posted at:

Please tell us why you'd like to report this post

TALON

INTP-

FEMALE  

VIRGO

"I'm not the one who's lost with no direction, but you'll never see."Thanks for the memories, everyone. I'll miss you all.

Thumbnail avatar 74fcc26f92

teabear54

I don’t think it’s very normal to be happy other people get hurt

• Posted at:

Fafnir

Mr Manticore

Mars

Fishnir

#Fade

#Remember Zoe and Sally

I’m particularlgoofinder

Worrying means you suffer twice

Hey all, crippling depression here

“This is a pretty hardcore origin story” ~ Spiderman Noir

Level 99 edgelord

Ummmmm is BC in the US??

• Posted at:

Owl Percyjacksonous Taco

Also here with,

Luna 

Luka

Nicki

Thumbnail avatar 17e80c08a7

brownlynx107

I'm glad you like it, when i found rock climbing i was just like, woah! That's just like parkour but without the running (which is what i love). So good for you!

• Posted at:

Arl

(He/him)

Forum bro: Tiger

Dead 5 times.

The worst things in life

Come free to us

We're all under the upper hand

#NKT

powerfulwolf250

@Fafnir

It is when you're in contact sports - aggression is an amazing tool in these kinds of sports and it's saddening that I've lost my edge in lacrosse because I've mellowed out.

We go into these sports for a reason. I love getting bruises and aches and cramps because it means I'm working hard and the other girls are putting in their best effort to bring me down with them - I know other girls get happy when they injure me, so why not allow myself to feel that same rush of satisfaction?

It's a bit difficult to explain why it makes me feel so good when playing sports, but at least I don't take it out on people outside these sports. When I succeed in sports, people get hurt, and we win the game. In the end, it's all in good fun. I know that other girls gush to their parents about their tackles, their hard hits, and their strength. There's a satisfaction to hitting some of your friends on the opposition, because, in the end, nobody cares. We all say, "good game!" at the end of the day - we all laugh and brag and tease each other about our wins and our losses, our hits and our stumbles.

If you don't play rugby, or lacrosse, or any of these other contact sports, I guess such a love of aggression would be difficult to comprehend, though.

• Posted at:

TALON

INTP-

FEMALE  

VIRGO

"I'm not the one who's lost with no direction, but you'll never see."Thanks for the memories, everyone. I'll miss you all.

powerfulwolf250

@Penguin No, it's here in Canada.

• Posted at:

TALON

INTP-

FEMALE  

VIRGO

powerfulwolf250

@Arl that's great! I've always wanted to try rock-climbing, but I lack the determination and diligence to, y'know, actually do it. But I've always admired those who partake in it!

• Posted at:

TALON

INTP-

FEMALE  

VIRGO

Thumbnail avatar 74fcc26f92

teabear54

@Penguin No. BC is British Colombia, the westernmost province of Canada.

• Posted at:

Fafnir

Mr Manticore

Mars

Fishnir

#Fade

#Remember Zoe and Sally

I’m particularlgoofinder

Worrying means you suffer twice

Hey all, crippling depression here

“This is a pretty hardcore origin story” ~ Spiderman Noir