Thumbnail avatar a9d1858dff

adventureclaws329

Do you know why the Cavern quests aren't working? They like take forever to load, which means that they're not. Also, how does my SA get armor? I bought it, but apparently, I need to find it in the quests??

• Posted at:

Please tell us why you'd like to report this post

fallon

She/Her/Christian

Mod for CC

Sept 2018 ~ March 2019 = 6342s

Pet Alpha

Four Bros

BF Galaxian

Eleven Sisters

Triplets Wizard & Pluto

"We are the many leaves that connect to the one tree."

Thumbnail avatar 1c2d65e82f

parakeetpanther60

@Becky Honestly, I'm usually too overwhelmed with life to get into the MV storylines and theories and stuff, so I pretty much don't bother with it and just enjoy them for their face value. I forget if you've said, but who is your BTS bias? Stray Kids, if you have one?

• Posted at:

|+| Milo Dechire |+|

Conservative

Agnostic 

LGBTQ

TRANS

+~+~+~+~+

Heads or tails

Do you even know

Which side you're on?

And does it even matter

If they're on

The same coin?

Heroes always get remembered

But you know legends 

Never die

Thumbnail avatar ac23fb288e

jadecloudburst113

Becky B, what server/servers do you use in the game?

• Posted at:

Petal/Leaf

Dang it, Dark Lord!

"I'm Navi."

I can taste colors and hear shapes.

I don't put my gang members in danger all the time at all o_o

Thumbnail avatar 4aedb83d6c

dogbrownie2413

Um, okay. I'm excited about the prompts because I'm always running out of things to write about!!! :)

• Posted at:

Who am I?

Could I be a...

Warrior?

Could I be a...

Writer?

Could I be a...

Friend?

Turns out, I'm all that, and I'm also me.

Small image from ios  1  19a7f48469

Brrr-cky B : admin

Hear yeh hear yeh, here's another news post! Comin' right at ya!

[Announcement]

blerp

[Question Corner]

@Arl Honestly I don't even know. I've said this to a few people now, but bear with it for a little longer.    

@Fallon Glad to hear! As far as I know, Cavern quests are currently broken on PC. They only work in the app. That's one of the bugs we want to fix when we have some time to work on the SA game after we release our current project. 

@Jokester Let's see the big one I see is your Jokester SAMBsona. I recommend taking out the sentence about family-friendly cusses (even thought they're, well, family friendly. Sigh.) And there's one thing in "Dislikes" that would cause it to get filtered as well, if you read through that part I think you'll know which word is being caught there.  

@Twilight Brickyard B ahahahaha. That's a new one! Errr level huh? Give me....a few....days....

@Darmidnight While that does sound fair, the next update is just going to be bug fixes only and as far as I know we don't have plans to update it after that. Maybe I can film some kind of walkthrough video and post it, would people like something like that?

@Milo Understandable, it is bizarrely complex. They're all a bunch of bias wreckers but I love Hobi and Jimin, their dancing is too amazing. I don't have a Stray Kids bias yet, got to work on that. 

@Petal I mostly play offline/in my own server sorry :P I need to find a time to play with you all!

@Dogbrownie2413 Awesome! I hope you find some inspiration in any of the prompts :)

[Forum Prompts]

You run a kingdom, it can be either a good kingdom or an evil kingdom. You reach the peak of your kingdoms power: you are a wealthy kingdom, plentiful crops, other nations either respect or fear you, and your people love you. One day, a small and powerless looking creature comes to you as you sit on your throne. It says "you have a choice, continue as you are now and never reach higher....or leave your throne behind and I will grant you the ability to gain what you most desire." What do you do?

[Recommended Reads]

(if you would ever prefer not to have your thread in here, just let me know and I'll edit the post to remove it)

Lavender has a pretty fun RP concept here, about an ~evil scientist~ who wants to force people to view terrible media and see how long it takes them to crack: /353408

[Warnings]

blarp

• Posted at:

Wings of Fire Book #12: The Hive Queen....it's out now!!

i like turtles

WoFMB: wingsoffire.scholastic.com/forums/topics/344922

SAMB: spiritanimals.scholastic.com/forums/topics/344060

39 Clues: doublecross.scholastic.com/forums/topics/344061

Thumbnail avatar 78fd0cb33b

wolfwerewolf17219

That is be a great idea! Could it show her weaknesses,strengths,powers, and when to attack! 

• Posted at:

(Sister)

Darmidnight

a

w

night

acApTiAMaRvEl

With..BlackWing, Willin,Amber Eye, and..ugh my flipside Midnight

I play

Soccer

Tennis

Football

Fencing

Archery

My dream

pro soccer player

to go to west point

an author

If you believe, you can do it!

Thumbnail avatar 9a5932f5a3

ponyspicy6

When will Phill´s son be tacking over?

• Posted at:

ⓈⓃⓌ-ⒺⓁⓎⒾⓊⓂ

☯she/her/weirdo☯

☯Anime\Manga\Book obsessed

☯"Now don't you understand...I'm never changing who I am.."-Imagine Dragons☯

☯Goddess of winter, nature, and art☯

Remember the lost☯

☯LGBTQ+ supporter

Rember the SAMB

thanks, no problem!

• Posted at:

Arl

(He/him/boi)

Forum bro: Tiger

Have died 7 times.

G&S Mod

SUB TO PEWDIEPIE

It's alright, with memories inside

Midnight dust on the floor

Watch it turn into gold

#NKT

Thumbnail avatar

rabbitadorable23

Hey Brrr-cky B!

It's super cool how active you are on the SAMB, and you seem to understand most of the culture too! As an oldie on the SAMB, I can remember some of the times when this was common. And I can remember all our attempts to get y'all back here... it was fun. I've got great memories of this place (also a few bad ones but let's not talk about that haha).

Anyway, I had a couple of questions. First of all, in the year I've been gone/inactive, the filter seems to have gotten much harder to get through. I guess it's possible that I've matured some and that could be part of it, but I can remember some crazy stuff that got through... now I have to be super careful of what I write, otherwise it takes forever to go through. So what's that about? Lol

Secondly, I've noticed that you're an artist and I was curious as to if you could give a good answer to a dilemma of mine. I've recently had a great improvement in my artwork, and I love using color. But I'm always worried that I'll mess up the drawing with color, so I rarely use color. Any tips for getting me to use color so I can improve there? And what are some simple ways of shading... And how do you know what to shade?

You may not have an answer for everything and that's all good, I kinda asked a lot and you already have tons of stuff to do... I totally understand, I really need to be working on an essay for school right now! :)

• Posted at:

Sunshine

or

Sakari

Queen of colorrabbits, and much more

Pink fluffeh unicorns dancing orainbows!!

#NERDYGEEKANDPROUD

Jesuloveyou!!

Goodbye everyone... it was good while it lasted. I'll always remember you, SAMB.

Thumbnail avatar 9d8cdc0ffb

butterflycat1708

Hey Becky, hope your weekend's going nicely :D

I noticed some issues with Phil lately, is it part of the modification process you guys are doing to the site? I don't see any other reason tbh.

It's been a while but a week ago (or so, I think) I sent in a reply to Milo's and my chat thread. It was basically the summary of a book, but I was pretty surprised when it didn't go through as I couldn't see anything in special that would catch it in the filter. Could you please check if it was a random error if the filter just didn't like it? Thx :D

Oh and, did you get to listen to any of the songs I reccomended :3?

Also, I got an idea for the forum renovations. It mught be too late to implement it though anyways, so would it be alright if I share it with ya?

• Posted at:

SPECTER

~ They/them ~ Nerdy friendo ~

Fight!

The universe calls.

Let the star's light

Refract into the night.

After all,

This world's never

truly dark.

+*~Believe~*+

399 POSTS THAT'S PEWDS'S CHAIR

• Posted at:

Arl

(He/him/boi)

Forum bro: Tiger

Have died 7 times.

G&S Mod

SUB TO PEWDIEPIE

It's alright, with memories inside

Midnight dust on the floor

Watch it turn into gold

#NKT

Thumbnail avatar 67ce42604f

elfbrain270

Do you like poetry?

• Posted at:

twice as strong

still alive

we've made it this far

we know how to survive

~mills

Thumbnail avatar 0cbe75b12b

catdragon7324

That sounds like a great idea Becky b even i’m Having trouble on the heroic quests.

• Posted at:

Aprodite: I'm cold

Ares: you can have my Jacket

Hera: I'm cold too!

Zeus: well damm Hera I can't control the weather

Hera:

Zeus:

Zeus: Right...

PERCY JACKSON MEMES

hi ya

• Posted at:

Thumbnail avatar 1c2d65e82f

parakeetpanther60

@Becky my BTS bias is Yoomin (Jimin especially) and my wrecker is Jungkook. My SK bias would have to be Chan. Love me an Aussie boy. Why do you think most fandoms are primarily fangirls and fanboys are few? Not all K-Pop is cutesy and aimed at fangirls. K-Pop is no different than any other genre, and other genres have plent of male fans. It baffles me

• Posted at:

|+| Milo Dechire |+|

Conservative

Agnostic 

LGBTQ

TRANS

+~+~+~+~+

Heads or tails

Do you even know

Which side you're on?

And does it even matter

If they're on

The same coin?

Heroes always get remembered

But you know legends 

Never die

Thumbnail avatar 6f6e995c05

ghostmorning7

Heyyyyy so this place has 3 more pages than T39CMB. And I figured I'd leave a note. Here. Cause I'm trying to be active. Might need to wake me up every once in a while though. 

~Hope Forever~ Andrea

• Posted at:

~Hope Forever~ Andrea   

Goodbyes are only sad if you know you'll never say hello again

I guess this one is sad

So I'll bid you goodbye for the last time

And say thank you for the memories

Know that I'll miss you tomorrow and ever day after

Thumbnail avatar af429f4614

cobraphoenix530

@Becky: I thought it might be those ^^”. Thanks for checking!

• Posted at:

♠

sʜˑʜʀˑʙsʟ ss

“ʜɴ ɪ s ʏ ɪ ғʟʟ ɪɴ ʟ

ᴀɴ ʏ sɪʟ ʙs ʏ ɴ

ˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑ

ˑɪɴ: ɪʀˑ

I recently made a reply to a thread on Friday that was asking for SA game advice, and it's still caught up in the filter. I'd really appreciate it if that post could go through - I feel that the advice I gave is genuinely helpful & that there's nothing wrong with it. Thanks.

• Posted at:

Hear yee hear yee, it's time for the Evening News Edition (Evening in EST). Please gather round. 

[Announcement]

The site chat has officially been retired. I know some of you on the SAMB are understandably upset about that and all I can say is I'm sorry. I hope to have more exciting, positive announcements for you all next week. So that I'm not giving false hope, I need to be clear that the chat won't be coming back to the site. It will exist in a new form elsewhere. I hope you will be able to continue talking in the forums with your friends even if it's not your ideal environment. There are some benefits! Like being able to say "go" again instead of "gol"

[Question Corner]

@Snow-Elysium (is that your correct nickname?) Redwall, Harry Potter, Percy Jackson, Warriors, Series of Unfortunate Events, Eragon, Chronicles of Narnia, Animorphs, most of the Tamora Pierce books, and a bunch of manga series.

[Forum Prompts]

One day, you receive a handwritten note: "You must be powerful enough to have earned such powerful enemies. Come. We must talk." 

[Recommended Reads]

(if you would ever prefer not to have your thread in here, just let me know and I'll edit the post to remove it)

Check out thread /340292 if you like Ouran and/or Black Butler for a fun crossover thread by Nightshade. Who'da thunk you'd ever see Sebastian and Tamaki in the same space?

Check out thread /341375 for a short story by Samurai. I love to read your short stories!

[Warnings]

-nothin' to see here folks-

• Posted at:

i like turtles

Hear yee hear yee, it's time for the First Edition of the news! The sun is high, the woodland critters are off doing their own thing, and the RPs are full of life!

[Announcement]

The Scholastic SafeChat will be retired at the end of this week. This was decided because of some updates we're making to the Scholastic kids site as a whole, and the chat just doesn't work with those updates. I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news here :( On the better news side, something is coming and chat may not be gone forever, just this iteration of it

Edit: It was decided we would shut down the chat today. I hope to have something cool to show you soon to counteract losing stuff! We've also been removing some forums that are inactive, as I know some of you may have noticed. This is all part of a big site update as well as a mysterious thing that I can't give many details about yet. 

[Question Corner]

@Arl Dark blue or rose! Depending on how I feel that day :)

[Forum Prompts]

One day, you receive a handwritten note: "You must be powerful enough to have earned such powerful enemies. Come. We must talk." 

[Recommended Reads]

Check out thread /342240 for what the SAMB does on Halloween night by Eternity

And check out /342069 for Rune's thread using the Charactober prompts!

[Warnings]

• Posted at:

i like turtles

[sorry yall, today has been busy here in Scholastic HQ and there won't be an end of day newsletter! on the plus side, it's due to the mysterious thing we're working on and I hope to have some quality content to share with you soon! Have a nice morning/day/night/evening/afternoon :)]

• Posted at:

i like turtles

Hear yee hear yee and forsooth! The news has arrived.

[Announcement]

-no new announcements today-

[Question Corner]

@Unicorn I always get Hufflepuff when I take house quizzes, so they;re my favorite!

@Powerfulwizard I'm sorry that it was deleted so abruptly and before I'd started making announcements so they could have been warned. Are they able to come to other MBs to meet up with each other? 

@Tony oh I will absolutely be updating everyone when new things start to happen. I said in a previous post, but I hope to be able to post an announcement with some more details as early as next week. If not that then still pretty soon.

@Cain Drawing for sure. I am a much better drawer than writer. 

@Rosalind Probably no more animals, but there will be new stuff outside the Spirit Animals game! Look forward to it :)

@Galaxian I haven't participated in any RPs yet but personally I've made OCs before. I didn't call them OCs then, but I've come up with whole stories and characters and they've stuck with me through the years. The stuff you create here will probably stick with you too!

@Mills lookin forward to it!

@Darmidnight that sounds like a glitch to me. We'll look into it!

[Forum Prompts]

Friday prompt!

tick tock tick tock you watch the clock hands march their steady beat. Until what? Wait, where are you? What were you doing? You realize you can't remember. The only thing you know is that you're waiting. For something. Tick tock. 

[Recommended Reads]

Love the Halloween posts! Check out /343074 for some spooky goodness by Black and Galaxian

And check out /342564 to give Andalite some writing prompts! This is a great style of post.

[Warnings]

• Posted at:

i like turtles

Hear yee hear yee, the skeletons are wobbling about, attempting to dance. Dancing skeletons? How spooky, scary.

[Announcement]

Don't forget to vote in this poll! /344813

Your answers are helping me with ~future planning~

[Question Corner]

@Darmidnight Not yettttttt but soon! Very soon! I'm glad to see you're so excited :D :D

@Lionlively I am sorry it had to shut down. I hope the forums can be a replacement for now, however annoying the post delays are, and in the future you'll be able to hang out with your friends in our new project.

@Millie Nothing I can say, but when I can these forums will be the first place to know.

@Galaxian Ha post delays of a short-ish length are normal and expected, but this was like no one's posts were getting through for hours and then all of a sudden BAM tons of new posts all at once. I don't have a writing problem, but I do have a doodling problem. Notebooks, sticky notes, everywhere.

Let's see...I think probably one of the most important traits is to be able to finish your work. Sounds basic but it's really the hardest thing for any creative person I've met including myself. One exercise that's helped me with this is creating on things that are discarded. Like napkins, or scrap paper. When you do this there's always a forced stopping point, like you're leaving the restaurant or your friend shows up, so you have to accept whatever state your project is in and just leave it. I know this sounds weird but I think it helps you accept that what you create doesn't need to be perfect and you get used to making these small imperfect, impermanent projects. That's helped me when I'm working on a larger thing to not worry about overediting every detail and just go with it. Events like inktober or game jams are really helpful for this too.

[Forum Prompts]

Dancing skeletons are everywhere! What has happened?

[Recommended Reads]

I like the intro of this new RP by Seeker, it has a lot of potential /344843 I hope it takes off!

On the flipside (heh) here's a RP that's been around for quite some time, it's on it's way to 3000 posts! A Vampire RP by Nevermore: /309806 

[Warnings]

• Posted at:

i like turtles

Hear yee hear yee, haaaaapppy Friday! 

[Announcement]

Something will happen today

[Question Corner]

@Raven Finally found your post! Ok, I think the reason it's being caught is that there are a number of times the ??? character says things that out of a story context could be read as mean/bullying towards another forumer. I know it's your characters talking to each other and it's a story, but the filter doesn't know that :P Examples are like calling the other characters "you worms" etc. Try removing some of them or changing the vocabulary a bit and I'll keep an eye on it if it gets caught again! (I really wish I could push a post through, but once it's removed by the filter it's just gone and there's nothing I can do)

@Jokester thanks! Yeah I really like the fall. 

@Starlight Just keep your eyes peeled :) Probably not the answer you want, but it's the only answer I can give right now.

[Forum Prompts]

What helps inspire you to write, draw, or create? Particular music? Colors? Weather?

[Recommended Reads]

If you're looking for an interesting new RP to join, check out Lavender's "The Brave Little Toys" /344876

[Warnings]

• Posted at:

i like turtles

Uh oh some of my old posts are suddenly being re-sent through the filter. How awk. Please ignore. 

• Posted at:

i like turtles

Hear yee hear yee, here comes ya boi news!

[Announcement]

Nothing to do with the forums but Shrek is coming back. That is all.

[Question Corner]

@Millie I try to take a look at the RPs and stories that end up on the front page! Is this an RP you started in the chat and are continuing here? It is sometimes hard for me to fully appreciate or understand stories when I don't have the backstory, like you said, since they're often filled with really fleshed out worlds/characters. But I have read at least the first pages of Medieval to get a sense of the story! How do you come up with characters like Alexis? 

@Milo Chat won't be coming back to the website but I'm glad to see you here on the forums! I know you were an active chatter. 

[Forum Prompts]

-You've been given the ability to transform into an animal at will. The issue - it's only *one* animal. Which animal would you choose?

-You discover the soda factory near your town is creating a drink that will brainwash people. Now what?

-If you could say something to the past version of you and to the future of version of you, what would you say?

[Recommended Reads]

If you're a fan of Rick Riordan's books then head on over to Random's new RP and check it out: /345377

[Warnings]

-nothing to see here folks-

• Posted at:

i like turtles

Hear yee hear yee, ~you can call me mod, you can call me admin~ but either way, here's the news!

[Announcement]

I'm looking for your opinions over here /345776!

It's definitely not about our new project. Definitely not. 

[Question Corner]

@Milo Let's see...like powerfulwizard said I was an intern here way back when. The not-so-fun stuff is dealing with trolls on the forums. It can be tough figuring out if someone is having a bad day vs someone who's just here to be a troll or bully. Other not-fun stuff is the occasional meeting that goes on too long. My favorite stuff is getting to read a bunch of stories and roleplays, and help plan this new project we're working on. There's going to be a lot of content and I get to be very creative coming up with it. So know that there are jobs out there where you can be super creative and be yourself, post-school life is not all cubicles and suits. I've worked in indie gaming before, and virtual reality. There's a ton of cool stuff like that out there which I didn't know at all as a teen.

@Key It seems really intense. One thing I noticed while I was reading, you don't need to use chat terms here unless you want to. For example, "go" isn't blocked on the forums like it was in the chat! 

[Forum Prompts]

You've lived as the heir to the throne for so long, you've never questioned that someday you'd rule the kingdom. But one day, a mysterious person shows up and reveals themself as the child of a long-lost king who'd been believed dead. The old king had been much beloved by the people, and his child is immediately accepted by them. Suddenly your future doesn't look so certain...

[Recommended Reads]

Some great tips on roleplaying by Galaxian. A must-read for anyone new who might not know this stuff /345758

Fun questions to answer by Liv, maybe you'll find others who like the same things as you: /344887

Rune is feeling inspired and wants opinions about which new RPs to start up! /345716

[Warnings]

Complaining about stuff that bothers in stories/RPs you is fine, OP characters can be annoying, but don't call out specific people in threads they're not in. If you don't like RPing with someone then try to avoid them, and if they show up in one of your RPs explain to them what you expect from an OC. Some people may not have the same amount of experience RPing as many of you do, and/or might be younger. 

• Posted at:

i like turtles

Hear yee hear yee, whooooosh new news incoming!

[Announcement]

See the (accidental?) return of an old admin over here: /345201

Check out the WoF MB "Solve Me" or 39 Clues "Solve Me" posts for a gif! 

[Question Corner]

@Shiro I was just about to ask "have you checked your internet connection" but you're posting on the forums...so I assume you have an internet connection :P Derp. Have you tried using the Spirit Animals app (if you are able to)? I'd also try opening the game on a different browser. If you're using Firefox, for example, try on Chrome. It also may be a firewall thing where your computer is preventing the game from connecting to the internet. Have you ever been able to play the Spirit Animals game or is this a new issue? 

@Darmidnight I predict that you'll get to level 100 very soon! 

@treecat ...you know, I'm not sure. I'll ask.

@blackpanther it's a part of the new project we're working on! 

@Petal favorite flower, no one's ever asked me that one before! I like orchids a lot. There are a crazy number of orchid species, I went to an orchid garden once in Costa Rica and got to see hundreds of different ones.

@Felix one of my favorite animals is the red panda!!

@Raven taking another look I'd recommend splitting it up into shorter parts. It might help you figure out what sections the filter has a problem with.

[Forum Prompts]

-You've collected the 7 ancient swords of power, banished the evil villain, and been awarded hero of the kingdom. Now what??

-You thought you were born blind in one eye, but as you got older you started seeing things....strange things...ghostly figures. You realize it's not that you can't see out of your eye, it's that you can see into a different realm. The realm of supernatural. You learn you're not the only one with this gift? curse? and soon find yourself attending the School For Those With Secret-Sight.

[Recommended Reads]

Galaxian has a pretty extensive RP starting here, seems like an interesting one to join! /344781

This is a really old but classic post I just saw got bumped recently. Spirit Animals pronunciation guide! /126893

[Warnings]

@Shiro your post may not have been serious, I'm not sure, but it can only cause fights on here to have a "_____ hating club." You don't have to like a thing but you shouldn't target those who do like it. Besides I barely see any Fortnite posts on here as is :P Be respectful towards the things other people enjoy, and instead of having people join a club about disliking something how about making a club for a game you love!

• Posted at:

i like turtles

[Announcement]

-nothing to see here-

[Question Corner]

@blackpanther It was a poll post I made last week!

@Milo I am something of a newer fan but I've gotten pretty swept up. May or may not have a Chimmy notebook I use for notetaking during meetings... It's too hard to choose a favorite! Blood Sweat & Tears maybe, but I love Save Me as well. Also Run. And Dope. Haha there are too many good songs! What are your favorites/recommendations?

[Forum Prompts]

You are the greatest detective this world has ever seen! Well, the assistant to the greatest detective this world has ever seen.... but you're the real mystery solving master. The detective isn't really much of a puzzle solver, they just end up in the right place at the right time and everyone thinks they're so smart. You do all the hard work. One day you get a ransom note in the mail. The detective has been kidnapped! And it's up to you to finally get the recognition you deserve, right?

[Recommended Reads]

Starlight Ruewen Random has written quite a story, it's two very well-written chapters so far and I look forward to reading more: /346094

Cyclone has started a Spirit Animals RP! /346201 

[Warnings]

-nothing today-

• Posted at:

i like turtles

Hear yee hear yee, it's your news time. Time for news. 

[Announcement]

It's snowing~~~! 

[Question Corner]

@Milo I took a listen to Stray Kids, and I like them! I'll have to start following them. Really excited for Burn the Stage :)

@Tiger I haven't yet but if you drop the post number I'll check it out. I haven't officially joined any RPs, but I drop by in some posts when I can. I wish I could join an RP but people might feel it's unfair if an admin joins only one, and I might go through periods of inactivity where it would be annoying for the fellow RPers. I've been thinking about ways I could make a story we can all take part in, like a choose your own adventure or something. I try to post these "Town Square Newsletters" every day but I missed yesterday. Ooops. Usually it's daily though!

@Millie I can definitely take a look! It's true that the chat filter used to permaban people for often incorrect reasons, due to not understanding the context of conversations and such. I'll see what I can do.

@Powerfulwizard I think I made a warning about this before but it's totally fine to have opinions, dislike certain media, and make threads critiquing what you don't like, as long as you don't insult or bully others who do like it. For example, saying "I don't like My Hero Academia because I think Deku is an overpowered main character" or "I don't like MHA, I think it's a bad show" is different than "I hate MHA and if you like it you're stupid." 

Threads like "____ hate club" are risky because inevitably someone will come in who does like the property you're hating on, and it's easy for that to turn into a flame war. I'll probably end up having to freeze threads like that because of it. That's why I recommend making threads supporting stuff you do like rather than about the stuff you don't. 

anyways tl;dr you can dislike stuff and have differing opinions, just be respectful when you disagree   

[Forum Prompts]

In honor of the snow here in New York and the east coast of the US, here's a snowy prompt...

In a world where the weather is a permanent blizzard, you are a Shoveler. You are responsible for digging tunnels through the snow for others to travel. It's not a glamorous job, and you really wish you could be a Builder - they get to construct snow forts and frozen towers to peer out over the tundra. One day as you're tunneling, you strike something that makes a huge clang. You dig it out to find a metal box, rusted with age. You manage to pry it open to find...

[Recommended Reads]

Lavender has posted the first chapter of their story "The Mysterious Train!" /346376

And Amber is using the detective prompt! /346320

[Warnings]

-nothing to see here folks-

• Posted at:

i like turtles

[Announcement]

As suddenly as it appeared, a post vanishes

Thank you for everyone who responded to it. Your feedback and the results of the poll really helped us. 

[Question Corner]

@Emma yep pretty much. Lot's of possibilities for bad images. Pictures add a whole new layer of moderation to the forums, and unlike words there's no good filter for images (yet! but there is some really cool technology being made where an artificial intelligence can recognize common images and tell them apart, so a robot could tell if something is a cat or a dog for instance). So all image checking would have to be done by people and we don't really have the resources for that here. I really hope at some point we could do fanart submissions or something like that, but that's an idea far off in the future.

@Key I've seen a few folks asking questions about this! Sometimes it does have to do with how many posts there are, like certain hours or days may be more active across the different forums so the filter has more to process and goes slower. Sometimes there is a known issue where the filter will basically absorb a bunch of posts and then spit them out all at once. This happened once or twice in the past but I don't think it's happened since? I hope not, anyways.

@Darmidnight I believe you can get to 100 by the end of the month!! But I can't take you up on the wager sadly. If you do make it to 100 I'll make a special forum prompt for you though ^_^

@Jade I can tell you that the chat won't be coming back to the site, but that the new project we're working on will be available on both PC and mobile. I'm sorry all these answers are so vague :( With projects in-development like this it's hard to be really clear about what's happening since not everything is built yet. I hope your friend comes back once we launch this new project, your usernames will be the same in it so you'll be able to recognize them easily if they do.

@Unicorn I love seeing threads where people build each other with support and compliments ^_^   

[Forum Prompts]

Interesting words as inspiration!

-Denouement (The resolution of a story/narrative arc)

-Crepuscular (of, resembling, or relating to twilight)

-Ai (three-toed, maned sloth)

-Quokka (adorable, always grinning marsupial)

-Quagmire (a boggy area of land, or a hazardous situation)

[Recommended Reads]

Tiger has rebooted their RP "Awake/Wake Up" and it seems very detailed and unique! Includes quite a prologue : /346042

Rune has decided on her next RP which is unlimited spots and is very creepy, inspired by charactober: /346133

What a good time for RPs!

[Warnings]

-nothing today-

• Posted at:

i like turtles

Hear yee hear yee, it's the news! Hot off the press!

[Announcement]

Happppppyyyy Frrriiiidddaaaayyyyyy~~~!

[Question Corner]

@Milo I like Get Cool. It's so positive and catchy. I also liked I am you. It feels like they have a ton of potential as a group.

@Tiger I'll check it out!

@Amberwolf5683 I'm sorry to hear about that! Friendships in middle/high school can be difficult as people are changing a lot. You can try sharing your concerns with an adult like a guidance counselor, teacher, or parent if you're comfortable doing that. If they know your friend as well, that can help because they'll be familiar with both of you and have more insight.

Milo has written a really thoughtful comment that I hope you read as well!

@Dogice169 It's not really a new website, but I can't give specifics on dates sorry :( 

[Forum Prompts]

Concepts for inspiration:

-A field of glowing, purple flowers

-A space station managed only by tiny robots

-A giant donut landing in the middle of a town

-An ocean where the fish that usually live on the bottom without light live up near the top

-Driving along a never ending roadway

[Recommended Reads]

I don't want to swamp them with words (Sorry Samurai! >.

Thunder has a thread where you can post your dreams. Keeping a dream journal is pretty fun, I recommend it: /346438

[Warnings]

Sometimes I see yall post song/artist recommendations. If you're recommending a song please make sure the lyrics are appropriate for all ages. That has been your Becky PSA for the day.

• Posted at:

i like turtles

Hear yee hear yee, it's the news! Hot off the press!

[Announcement]

I want to apologize for the lack of warning over the post purge. Defeated the whole point of these announcements. Please read my post about it just above this post, and don't be afraid to tell me how you're feeling. You can absolutely be mad and don't need to apologize for it. 

A lot of things are being removed from the site like the chat and some MBs as I'm sure you've all noticed. We've moved pretty much all our resources over into building a new project, the one that I've been teasing. This is why we've had to cut down some older stuff that required maintenance. What's coming is a new world that is basically everything you can do here.... but more. You'll have more freedom in how you present yourself as there are avatars, you'll be able to chat with each other, have new games to play, and I'm planning a ton of new events and activities that will be in it. I want you to know we're not just getting rid of stuff for no reason or without any plans to have new things for you. 

[Question Corner]

@Darmidnight I ended up making cranberry upside-down cake! And I ate pecan pie and pumpkin pie. Overall, a pastry-filled day and I hope it was for you as well. 

@Mills I found it! It looks like it was auto-banned in chat for bullying, but I looked through some chat logs and also see how you interact with others on here and don't see you doing that. You have friends who you might have arguments with sometimes, but that's like...normal friendship stuff. Definitely not permaban-worthy "bullying." So I've unbanned tideswimming30.

@Galaxian Checked and none of your posts have been reported. Are you seeing a post appear on the forums and then you refresh and suddenly it's gone? I do see one post in the filter where you introduce a character, He Xi Ye - is that one of the ones that went missing on you? It's a really long post so I recommend cutting it up a bit. Sometimes when a post is super long one tiny thing that might get ignored by the filter gets amplified a bunch of times because it occurs a lot. For example, a small instance of fantasy violence in a paragraph would get ignored, but a bunch of instances of violence in a paragraph would get caught because now the filter thinks it's *too* violent even if it's totally fine. This is not what always happens, but I think it's a big cause of longer stories not making it through!

@pinkkitten2015 We don't have any updates planned for the Spirit Animals game. But there are some bugs I know we're working to fix!

@Amber I believe the world is on the back of a turtle floating through the universe!

@Canada @Australia @Kangaroos I plead the fifth.

..........Now, Arial I would like some loafs pls :D  

@Dragonfairy5751 1. It's pretty hard to get above level 50! But you can find a number of people above level 50 and some even around level 100 here on the forums. 2. Unique armor is unique!! It's really special, so it has to be $$$. 3. There are some known bugs that I believe we are working to fix, but there won't be any new updates to the game. We're working on a new project so that's where the majority of our resources for developing stuff has to go. 

@Samurai which thread was removed? Was it an older one that might have been part of the posts clean-up?

@Tiger I just want you to know you got a lot of support in the thread you posted about encountering that kid's racist comments on the playground. A lot of it was caught in the filter, so I wanted you to know there were a ton more posts of people supporting you. And also thank you to everyone who posted even if it got caught (it was always for the post being out of context, no one said anything bad). You're all so supportive of each other, it's really wonderful :)

[Forum Prompts]

Words

-Shimmy

-Inexplicable

-Prophecy

-Glamor

-Rosebud

Concept

-A sweater that provides the ultimate defense against any kind of attack or magic...but is really itchy

[Recommended Reads]

Tsunami has a new story called Into the Sky about winged children, I get Maximum Ride (a YA series I love) vibes from it! /347137 

Tiger has started a new story as well, called "Elite": /347264

[Warnings]

-nothing-

• Posted at:

i like turtles

Hear yeh hear yeh, it be the news coming in fast and fresh! I keep writing these in the afternoon and posting them at the end of the day. #ProcrastinationNeverDies

[Announcement]

Take a peek over hereee to follow along with updates! /347661

Today has been A DAY y'all (thus the late post). Exciting days ahead for our not-so-secret project.

[Question Corner]

@Echo You know, Vine is one thing I find hilarious but I haven't gotten into it enough to know my favorites. 

@Powerfulwizard132 How'd you guess? I watched a ton of cartoons growing up....Jackie Chan Adventures, Sonic Underground, and Darkwing Duck are some favorites. Name a Saturday Morning cartoon and I probably watched it :P

@Darmidnight I do see some of your posts in there. Some of it is pretty violent, so I'd tone that down especially explicit descriptions of blood/gore. 

@Tiger I've never been caving before! Spelunking is such a fun word. It's really enjoyable to just say it a bunch over and over. I don't get claustrophobic easily so I think it's something I'd enjoy, but I haven't had the opportunity yet! That's awesome you're a guide. 

___

Afraid that's all for today, but I'll respond to the rest earlier tomorrow!! As well as post a new update (or more....) in the project thread, and check out the WoFMB for a new gif over there!

• Posted at:

i like turtles

Hear yeh hear yeh! News, right back at ya

[Announcement]

Take a peek over hereee to follow along with updates on our new project! /347661

[Question Corner]

@Powerfulwizard132 It's true it won't be as immediately accessible as the chat on the site, but it's the decision we had to make. 

@Catrina that's a good question, but unfortunately no there's no "bulk unfriend" :-/ I don't think we realized when we first built friending how much of a pain doing it one by one would be. 

@Tiger This Town Square is here for y'all to ask me questions! So please, ask away! For your first question, the answer is yes. It's something we're currently figuring out with our filter developers. It's going to get a lot better, it just might take a little while. Second question, I like some horror. I also like knowing the origins of stuff like Slenderman, especially when the lore spans across the internet and seems like a puzzle to put together. I played the VR version of Emily Wants to Play on Halloween last year and that was a mistake :P (but I'd do it again)

@Cain Good catch ;) I was thinking of Discworld, but it applies to multiple series!   

[Forum Prompts]

You know how witches have familiars right? Well, imagine the familiar and the witch had a fight and the familiar ran away. You've just found the familiar, thinking it's nothing but a normal stray cat... 

[Recommended Reads]

It's been a long time stuck in the filter, but this new RP by Gleam is finally here! /347813

Another new RP, by Nugget, takes place in a post-apocalyptic world after an event called "The Scorching": /347736

[Warnings]

-not today-

• Posted at:

i like turtles

Thumbnail avatar 29f5a0b9df

amberpegasus203

Becky B:

Alright, thanks.

• Posted at:

Raven Tsakaryn

~est. April 2014~

Oh, how I've missed you, my friend...

Time has changed us both.

But deep down, our hearts remain the same.

So, no matter where life takes us, remember...

Thumbnail avatar 611fb7f1d7

dogice169

[Announcement]

Something will happen today

what is it ?

• Posted at:

☃            ◕ ᴥ ◕  ❅             ☃

☁          Lilly  Cicle          ☁                    signature made on the 2/26/18           

Thumbnail avatar 29f5a0b9df

amberpegasus203

Becky B: Sorry to bother you about this again, but I changed my post up and it still isn't getting through. What in it is still causing the filter to block it?

• Posted at:

Raven Tsakaryn

~est. April 2014~

Oh, how I've missed you, my friend...

Time has changed us both.

But deep down, our hearts remain the same.

So, no matter where life takes us, remember...

Thumbnail avatar 42967d5310

amberdolphin1210

Another Question Becky. Are you someone who says the earth is round, flat, or it's cube? I need a person who says it's flat! There's too much evidence for people saying it's flat!

• Posted at:

Amber.

Miraculer

Whovian!

I'm from the 39 clues website!

Forum Twins: Fiona and Jaiden

I'm A Jehovah's Witness.

Check out my RPs! the 39 clues, Vespers RP. Children of Bigfoot RP, Limited Spots

leave a message at the beep, unless it's bad news BEEP

Thumbnail avatar 611fb7f1d7

dogice169

win will the new web site be here?

• Posted at:

☃            ◕ ᴥ ◕  ❅             ☃

☁          Lilly  Cicle          ☁                    signature made on the 2/26/18           

1 , 2 , 3 ... , , 10 , , 12