Small image from ios f119decdd5

Brrr-cky B : admin

Hear yee hear yee, here comes ya boi news!

[Announcement]

Nothing to do with the forums but Shrek is coming back. That is all.

[Question Corner]

@Millie I try to take a look at the RPs and stories that end up on the front page! Is this an RP you started in the chat and are continuing here? It is sometimes hard for me to fully appreciate or understand stories when I don't have the backstory, like you said, since they're often filled with really fleshed out worlds/characters. But I have read at least the first pages of Medieval to get a sense of the story! How do you come up with characters like Alexis? 

@Milo Chat won't be coming back to the website but I'm glad to see you here on the forums! I know you were an active chatter. 

[Forum Prompts]

-You've been given the ability to transform into an animal at will. The issue - it's only *one* animal. Which animal would you choose?

-You discover the soda factory near your town is creating a drink that will brainwash people. Now what?

-If you could say something to the past version of you and to the future of version of you, what would you say?

[Recommended Reads]

(if you would ever prefer not to have your thread in here, just let me know and I'll edit the post to remove it)

If you're a fan of Rick Riordan's books then head on over to Random's new RP and check it out: /345377

[Warnings]

-nothing to see here folks-

• Posted at:

Please tell us why you'd like to report this post

Wings of Fire Book #12: The Hive Queen....it's out 12/26/18!!

i like turtles

WoFMB: wingsoffire.scholastic.com/forums/topics/344922

SAMB: spiritanimals.scholastic.com/forums/topics/344060

39 Clues: doublecross.scholastic.com/forums/topics/344061

Thumbnail avatar 1c2d65e82f

parakeetpanther60

That a glitch then, ma'am? When I clicked under -Community- there was a section for -chat-

• Posted at:

Milo

LGBTQ

TRANS supporter 

Pronouns?/ don't care

I'm either on your side or you're a mile away

So tired of this stagnant place that I've been living in

Milo

parakeetpanther60

Also, than you for replying Becky. You are a wonderful admin.. I was curious, how did you get your start at Scholastic? What's your favorite part of the job? What not- so- fun mature things do you have to do? Being a teenager I'm just curious as to what your kind of job actually entails, sorry if they were pushy questions 

• Posted at:

Milo

LGBTQ

TRANS supporter 

Pronouns?/ don't care

Milo

From Becky's introduction thread: "I actually used to be an intern at Scholastic way back when (~2014) and have very recently rejoined the fam. Some of you might remember the doodles I posted during the Worlds Collide event on the forums. I drew a DJ-ing cat. It was a party. All I can say is...it's nice to be back! "

She's an admin: She moderates posts, and helps out with stuff like game updates, site maintenance, maybe also content creation. 

• Posted at:

Thumbnail avatar 67ce42604f

elfbrain270

OH MY WORLDS YOU REPLIED

I actually based Alexis off of myself, since when we started this I was kinda new to all the rp stuff. I love her and the whole rp though and the moments I've had/ created in there could keep me happy for lifetimes. 

you actually reading parts of it means the world to me you have no idea

• Posted at:

↫↫↫↫↫ ɱιʅʅʂ ↬↬↬↬↬

ιт's тσσ cσℓ∂ ғσя үσυ нεяε..

♫•♬• иσяα'ѕ тωιиe •♬•♫

crєαtσr σf tєslєw αвσvє grσund

What do you think of the Medieval RP? 

• Posted at:

vKEY

¤You can be my light, pizzazz¤

×You can be my spark in the dark×

I can't leave you now 

I got nowhere to go anyhow 

How do I know when everyone else deserted my fight...

#DidymusTwins 

Hear yee hear yee, ~you can call me mod, you can call me admin~ but either way, here's the news!

[Announcement]

I'm looking for your opinions over here /345776!

It's definitely not about our new project. Definitely not. 

[Question Corner]

@Milo Let's see...like powerfulwizard said I was an intern here way back when. The not-so-fun stuff is dealing with trolls on the forums. It can be tough figuring out if someone is having a bad day vs someone who's just here to be a troll or bully. Other not-fun stuff is the occasional meeting that goes on too long. My favorite stuff is getting to read a bunch of stories and roleplays, and help plan this new project we're working on. There's going to be a lot of content and I get to be very creative coming up with it. So know that there are jobs out there where you can be super creative and be yourself, post-school life is not all cubicles and suits. I've worked in indie gaming before, and virtual reality. There's a ton of cool stuff like that out there which I didn't know at all as a teen.

@Key It seems really intense. One thing I noticed while I was reading, you don't need to use chat terms here unless you want to. For example, "go" isn't blocked on the forums like it was in the chat! 

[Forum Prompts]

You've lived as the heir to the throne for so long, you've never questioned that someday you'd rule the kingdom. But one day, a mysterious person shows up and reveals themself as the child of a long-lost king who'd been believed dead. The old king had been much beloved by the people, and his child is immediately accepted by them. Suddenly your future doesn't look so certain...

[Recommended Reads]

(if you would ever prefer not to have your thread in here, just let me know and I'll edit the post to remove it)

Some great tips on roleplaying by Galaxian. A must-read for anyone new who might not know this stuff /345758

Fun questions to answer by Liv, maybe you'll find others who like the same things as you: /344887

Rune is feeling inspired and wants opinions about which new RPs to start up! /345716

[Warnings]

Complaining about stuff that bothers in stories/RPs you is fine, OP characters can be annoying, but don't call out specific people in threads they're not in. If you don't like RPing with someone then try to avoid them, and if they show up in one of your RPs explain to them what you expect from an OC. Some people may not have the same amount of experience RPing as many of you do, and/or might be younger. 

• Posted at:

i like turtles

elfbrain270

We use those chat terms to get the post to get through faster, since the filter on here is some what the same of the one on chat if not spot-on.

• Posted at:

↫↫↫↫↫ ɱιʅʅʂ ↬↬↬↬↬

♫•♬• иσяα'ѕ тωιиe •♬•♫

elfbrain270

ITS MORE INTENSE THAN THE MOST INTENSE BOOK YOUVE EVER READ

• Posted at:

↫↫↫↫↫ ɱιʅʅʂ ↬↬↬↬↬

♫•♬• иσяα'ѕ тωιиe •♬•♫

Thumbnail avatar de605210ba

scarletdragon3016

What does "don't call out specific people in threads they're not in" mean? I'm sorry, I'm just confused about whether you mean not telling those to stop doing something in another thread other than the RPing thread, or...?

Maybe, xD. But I'm doubtful anyone on the SAMB currently is younger than me. I myself only have a few months' experience, though I guess if you count story-writing, then that would be years' experience.

-Galaxian-

• Posted at:

₳

Ⱡ

₳

єχρσѕισи

ł

₳

₦

Gσԃ σϝ Lσαʅƚ, Lιϝҽ, αɳԃ Cσʂɱσʂ

Hitan

Camus 

Milo

Shaka

Gemini

Shura

Dolphin

"Now serving...mascara ! And snop."

Thumbnail avatar c42b996421

wolfwerewolf17219

lol

• Posted at:

(Sister)@Darmidnight or Dawn

An average 11 year old

But does that mean i dont have a voice to be heard?

No it doesnt

My voice is loud and i dont care

I speak my mind whether you like it or not

I am kind

I am caring

I am brave and loyal

I am a Jock

I am Me

What music do you listen to on a regular basis? 

• Posted at:

vKEY

I can't leave you now 

#DidymusTwins 

Hear yee hear yee, it's your news time. Time for news. 

[Announcement]

Welcome to the weekend! Happy Friday!

[Question Corner]

@Millie IT IS EXTREME INTENSITY!!!

@Galaxian it was referencing a thread I stumbled on where some folks were talking about things that happen in RPs that bother them, and I saw someone call out specific people by username as having done those things. It's like if you overheard someone complaining about you behind your back, it's not a nice feeling. This is different than RPing in a thread with someone and saying "hey, it really makes it hard for me to enjoy this RP when you do _____" or summoning them to a separate thread to discuss why what they're doing is causing issues.

@Key A lot of synthpop and indiepop. Holy Ghost!, LCD Soundsystem, Gorillaz, Kero Kero Bonito, Passion Pit. I'm recently in a huge kpop craze though. Can't stop my love for BTS.

[Forum Prompts]

-OC roadtrip! Camping! Smores! 

-You're training for a marathon, and you realize running is getting easier and easier for you. There seems to be no limit on your speed. After only a few weeks, you can run faster than most cars. You've tried to keep it a secret but your sister noticed and reveals a secret of her own, it seems like your whole family might have abilities...

[Recommended Reads]

Another useful guide for RPing, by Necro. It's an old post, but recently bumped and has a lot of great info: /322413

[Warnings]

• Posted at:

i like turtles

I can guess the answer to this, but how come we can`t include screenshots and pictures in our posts? Because some of the pictures might not be good?

• Posted at:

~Emma~

#MatchingChristmas

Only..........................

12 Days till Christmas! 

"Gifts of time and love are surely the basic

ingredients of a truly Merry Christmas."

~Peg Bracken~

why is it that some days it seems like my post are flying through the filter and other days it's taking forever for something so simple? Is it just the computer having a million and one post to go through and goes by the time it was sent or does have something against us sometimes?  XD 

• Posted at:

vKEY

I can't leave you now 

#DidymusTwins 

Thumbnail avatar 4cca96635c

gorilladragon1879

thankyou

very much

• Posted at:

wolfwerewolf17219

Booky B can i give you a wager? I bet i can get to 100 by the end of this Month. You go more than the end of the month? I dont know if this is aloud but if i win you give me two greenheart tokens and if you win you tak two greenheart tokens??

0 0

___ ;)

• Posted at:

An average 11 year old

No it doesnt

I am kind

I am caring

I am brave and loyal

I am a Jock

I am Me

Thumbnail avatar 0ec67d03c4

darkheart838

I understand that this may get irritating, but I absolutely HATE vague answers!!!! I used to talk to one user, lightvampire1, on the chat constanly. Ever since it disappeared I haven't been able to talk to them if the friend link works like I think it does (with people who were on the most recently listed first), they haven't been on-line in a long time. I don't think I've ever seen them on the MB. I miss them and want to talk with them on the chat again. Please please please can't you give us more information? Please?????

• Posted at:

❦ᒚᗩᕲ| ᕲᗩᖇᖽᐸ❦

α ԋҽαɾƚ σϝ ʂƚҽҽʅ ρʅαƚҽԃ ɠσʅԃ 

ɳσ ૨αเɳ, ɳσ ƒσωε

GryffindoProud

Credit to Jokester for amazing siggy :D

Thumbnail avatar 6bf20a1968

bookishunicorn121

What do yu think of my complimenting thread @346056, Becky?

-Unicorn

• Posted at:

Unicorn

| ISFP | Libra | Elysium | Scriptor | Ravenclaw |            

Triplets:Vixen and Samurai

Flip: Candycorn/pony 

Best Friends:Bracha, Jin, Fiona, Rune,Cain

3/30/18

wolfwerewolf17219

what is that?

Oh yeah..

THANK YOU SO MUCH BECKY B! The green heart tokens are coming back like cra cra. I have 84 right now. I spent six on a exp boost! Tysm!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Is that the term(tysm) lol never used it befor. If it is im going to start doin it. I am queen of terms. lollolololololol

• Posted at:

An average 11 year old

No it doesnt

I am kind

I am caring

I am brave and loyal

I am a Jock

I am Me

[Announcement]

As suddenly as it appeared, a post vanishes

Thank you for everyone who responded to it. Your feedback and the results of the poll really helped us. 

[Question Corner]

@Emma yep pretty much. Lot's of possibilities for bad images. Pictures add a whole new layer of moderation to the forums, and unlike words there's no good filter for images (yet! but there is some really cool technology being made where an artificial intelligence can recognize common images and tell them apart, so a robot could tell if something is a cat or a dog for instance). So all image checking would have to be done by people and we don't really have the resources for that here. I really hope at some point we could do fanart submissions or something like that, but that's an idea far off in the future.

@Key I've seen a few folks asking questions about this! Sometimes it does have to do with how many posts there are, like certain hours or days may be more active across the different forums so the filter has more to process and goes slower. Sometimes there is a known issue where the filter will basically absorb a bunch of posts and then spit them out all at once. This happened once or twice in the past but I don't think it's happened since? I hope not, anyways.

@Darmidnight I believe you can get to 100 by the end of the month!! But I can't take you up on the wager sadly. If you do make it to 100 I'll make a special forum prompt for you though ^_^

@Jade I can tell you that the chat won't be coming back to the site, but that the new project we're working on will be available on both PC and mobile. I'm sorry all these answers are so vague :( With projects in-development like this it's hard to be really clear about what's happening since not everything is built yet. I hope your friend comes back once we launch this new project, your usernames will be the same in it so you'll be able to recognize them easily if they do.

@Unicorn I love seeing threads where people build each other with support and compliments ^_^   

[Forum Prompts]

Interesting words as inspiration!

-Denouement (The resolution of a story/narrative arc)

-Crepuscular (of, resembling, or relating to twilight)

-Ai (three-toed, maned sloth)

-Quokka (adorable, always grinning marsupial)

-Quagmire (a boggy area of land, or a hazardous situation)

[Recommended Reads]

Tiger has rebooted their RP "Awake/Wake Up" and it seems very detailed and unique! Includes quite a prologue : /346042

Rune has decided on her next RP which is unlimited spots and is very creepy, inspired by charactober: /346133

What a good time for RPs!

[Warnings]

-nothing today-

• Posted at:

i like turtles

what post disappeared?

• Posted at:

Okay, that's what I thought. Thank you! ^-^ 

• Posted at:

vKEY

I can't leave you now 

#DidymusTwins 

wolfwerewolf17219

OOOh a special forum! HEHEHE. TIME STARTS NOW! Also i have school so dont be suprised if i dont make it. I can only play on the weekends. I can do this during the days, (hopefully, :()

• Posted at:

An average 11 year old

No it doesnt

I am kind

I am caring

I am brave and loyal

I am a Jock

I am Me

parakeetpanther60

Hey Becky, what's your favorite BTS song? I'm gonna assume you're a newer fan what with the boys' big fame in America the last year or so... I can suggest some older songs if you want to take a listen

• Posted at:

Milo

LGBTQ

TRANS supporter 

Pronouns?/ don't care

Milo

[Announcement]

-nothing to see here-

[Question Corner]

@blackpanther It was a poll post I made last week!

@Milo I am something of a newer fan but I've gotten pretty swept up. May or may not have a Chimmy notebook I use for notetaking during meetings... It's too hard to choose a favorite! Blood Sweat & Tears maybe, but I love Save Me as well. Also Run. And Dope. Haha there are too many good songs! What are your favorites/recommendations?

[Forum Prompts]

You are the greatest detective this world has ever seen! Well, the assistant to the greatest detective this world has ever seen.... but you're the real mystery solving master. The detective isn't really much of a puzzle solver, they just end up in the right place at the right time and everyone thinks they're so smart. You do all the hard work. One day you get a ransom note in the mail. The detective has been kidnapped! And it's up to you to finally get the recognition you deserve, right?

[Recommended Reads]

Starlight Ruewen Random has written quite a story, it's two very well-written chapters so far and I look forward to reading more: /346094

Cyclone has started a Spirit Animals RP! /346201 

[Warnings]

-nothing today-

• Posted at:

i like turtles

parakeetpanther60

Fire and Not Today are good picks... I also suggest another band called Stray Kids, they're a newer group and younger than BTS but they are also wonderful 

• Posted at:

Milo

LGBTQ

TRANS supporter 

Pronouns?/ don't care

Milo

parakeetpanther60

Also guys I've made a writing prompt thread which seems to have died.. I'm not the most creative but I try, just reply one word and I'll give you a prompt for it. I do best with darker sounding words and I make semi-realistic stories, not great with bubbly things or Sci-fi ish things 

-I hope it's okay to advertise my thread- if not I'm sorry- but I'd like to help people out with some prompts though so-

• Posted at:

Milo

LGBTQ

TRANS supporter 

Pronouns?/ don't care

Milo

wolfwerewolf17219

Peeps join the Warrior Rp!

• Posted at:

An average 11 year old

No it doesnt

I am kind

I am caring

I am brave and loyal

I am a Jock

I am Me

Thumbnail avatar 2ed7361120

dragondolphin2613

Hello Becky B!

This is Tiger.

I am just wondering if you have read my story called "HARDCORE" (no pressure, really, no pressure), I put an alias as the author name though.

And I have a question, have you joined any RPs? I am sure people would welcome you to their RPs (Again, no pressure, really, no pressure)...

I have another question, about how often do you do these announcements/question corner/forum prompts/recommended reads/warnings posts (please tell me if there is a "proper" term for them)?

Well, have a nice day!

-Tiger

P.S. I will be looking forward to the next announcements

• Posted at:

T!Gə↱

“In times of darkness, conjure Lumos. - Tiger

"There are men who are too afraid to act. There are men who say they will but never act. And there are men that JUST DO IT." - Tiger

Markus Sebastian Camelia Resha 

SN-IPER

Thumbnail avatar 5506f7e29e

puppybutterfly126

Thanks, Ms. Becky!

• Posted at:

Starlight Ruewen Random

For God so loved the world

that He gave us his only begotten Son

and whomever believes in Him

shall not perish but have

EVERLASTING LIFE

wolfwerewolf17219

your the best Becky B

• Posted at:

An average 11 year old

No it doesnt

I am kind

I am caring

I am brave and loyal

I am a Jock

I am Me

elfbrain270

Hey Becky... So I have an old account that got glitch banned so that's why I made this one and the old one (tideswimming30) the ban is for one hundred years.. any way you could help me get my account back?

• Posted at:

↫↫↫↫↫ ɱιʅʅʂ ↬↬↬↬↬

♫•♬• иσяα'ѕ тωιиe •♬•♫

Thumbnail avatar a0d6760dea

tsunamininja5

Me: -realizes a month later that my Tarik story was on here- Thank you! :D

Pretend this isn't a month late o_o

• Posted at:

- Samurai -

Maybe you'll change

Abandon all your wicked ways

Make amends and start anew again

Maybe you'll see

All the wrongs you did to me

And start all over, start all over again

Haha, who am I kidding?

Jaguar

Tarik

Akira

Thorn

Loki

Hi Becky,

With regards to hate threads: Does this extend to opinion based threads on things like TV shows, books, cartoons, anime/manga, movies, games in general? Heaven forbid, I don't want to get a perma because I like to demolish bad media.

Regards,

PowerfulWizard

• Posted at:

Hear yee hear yee, it's your news time. Time for news. 

[Announcement]

It's snowing~~~! 

[Question Corner]

@Milo I took a listen to Stray Kids, and I like them! I'll have to start following them. Really excited for Burn the Stage :)

@Tiger I haven't yet but if you drop the post number I'll check it out. I haven't officially joined any RPs, but I drop by in some posts when I can. I wish I could join an RP but people might feel it's unfair if an admin joins only one, and I might go through periods of inactivity where it would be annoying for the fellow RPers. I've been thinking about ways I could make a story we can all take part in, like a choose your own adventure or something. I try to post these "Town Square Newsletters" every day but I missed yesterday. Ooops. Usually it's daily though!

@Millie I can definitely take a look! It's true that the chat filter used to permaban people for often incorrect reasons, due to not understanding the context of conversations and such. I'll see what I can do.

@Powerfulwizard I think I made a warning about this before but it's totally fine to have opinions, dislike certain media, and make threads critiquing what you don't like, as long as you don't insult or bully others who do like it. For example, saying "I don't like My Hero Academia because I think Deku is an overpowered main character" or "I don't like MHA, I think it's a bad show" is different than "I hate MHA and if you like it you're stupid." 

Threads like "____ hate club" are risky because inevitably someone will come in who does like the property you're hating on, and it's easy for that to turn into a flame war. I'll probably end up having to freeze threads like that because of it. That's why I recommend making threads supporting stuff you do like rather than about the stuff you don't. 

anyways tl;dr you can dislike stuff and have differing opinions, just be respectful when you disagree   

[Forum Prompts]

In honor of the snow here in New York and the east coast of the US, here's a snowy prompt...

In a world where the weather is a permanent blizzard, you are a Shoveler. You are responsible for digging tunnels through the snow for others to travel. It's not a glamorous job, and you really wish you could be a Builder - they get to construct snow forts and frozen towers to peer out over the tundra. One day as you're tunneling, you strike something that makes a huge clang. You dig it out to find a metal box, rusted with age. You manage to pry it open to find...

[Recommended Reads]

Lavender has posted the first chapter of their story "The Mysterious Train!" /346376

And Amber is using the detective prompt! /346320

[Warnings]

• Posted at:

i like turtles

Thumbnail avatar 3dc959e1b6

lionadventure1015

Wow snow!!!!!!   [and snakes as you can see]                            

• Posted at:

MY name is Alayna i live in new hampshire. I read Wings of Fire and i am a Sandwing/Rainwing/Icewing hybrid. I also read Foxcraft

Fair deal. Just wanted to be sure the rationale was reasonable. Thanks.

• Posted at:

parakeetpanther60

Favorite SK song you listened to?

• Posted at:

Milo

LGBTQ

TRANS supporter 

Pronouns?/ don't care

Milo

Thumbnail avatar 2ed7361120

dragondolphin2613

Hello Becky B,

Just to let you know, the thread number of my story is 331147.

Please feel free to give me suggestions and ideas!

-Tiger

• Posted at:

T!Gə↱

“In times of darkness, conjure Lumos. - Tiger

"There are men who are too afraid to act. There are men who say they will but never act. And there are men that JUST DO IT." - Tiger

Markus Sebastian Camelia Resha 

SN-IPER

1 , , 3 , , 5 , 6 , 7