☯she/her/weirdo☯

☯Anime\Manga\Book obsessed

☯"Now don't you understand...I'm never changing who I am.."-Imagine Dragons☯

☯Goddess of winter, nature, and art☯

Remember the lost☯

☯LGBTQ+ supporter

Small image from ios f119decdd5

Brrr-cky B : admin

Hear yeh hear yeh, it be the news coming in fast and fresh! I keep writing these in the afternoon and posting them at the end of the day. #ProcrastinationNeverDies

[Announcement]

Take a peek over hereee to follow along with updates on our new project! /347661

[Question Corner]

@Galaxian What trait defines me...that's a good question! Maybe exciteability. I get excited and passionate about things very easily and always have. 

@Catrina We're working on fixing a bug that affects the web build (the level cap issue) but other than that, no Spirit Animals game updates are planned :( It should work on PC! If it's not working for you, you might need to try on a different browser, update your browser, or enable Unity web player. 

@Snow-Elysium I love anime :D Little Witch Academia is one I've said I liked in the WoFB thread Shi mentioned as well as the Miyazaki movies. My Neighbor Totoro is such a wonderful, beautiful movie. Yotsuba!! is a really hilarious series but it's just manga, not anime. I'd forgotten about this series until recently but Hikaru no Go is an old anime I really, really enjoyed - it's really intense and you learn a ton about the strategy game Go.

Fun fact about Go! Up until the past few years Go was one of the only games where an AI had never beaten a professional-level player. It seems like a really simple game, it doesn't have pieces that move in different ways like chess or complicated rules. But it's actually super complex, in fact it's one of the most complex games in the world! Anyways that's my tangent about Go. Hikaru no Go is a great anime.

@Tiger Nope that's not considered spamming at all! An interesting poll once a week would be awesome. I looked at some of your posts in that thread and it seems like most of them came through. Sometimes it does take a little while for stuff to make it through the filter. I know a particular issue with chat threads is that they can turn into more personal talking about your lives and such. Posts can get filtered for being too "personal information"-y, and when you're talking real life stuff that's more likely to happen. 

@Milo Found the post! The filter doesn't take context into account at all so certain things in your post about stereotypes probably got parsed as being hateful even though they're not, especially given the context of the rest of the thread. You might have to rephrase it a bit for it to make it through.

[Forum Prompts]

Interesting Latin Phrases:

-Non Sequitur: meaning "it does not follow," a statement that doesn't logically make sense coming after the previous statement. For example, you're talking with a friend about your homework and then they suddenly start talking about their dog. 

-Carpe diem: a latin phrase that means "seize the day." It's pretty much what it sounds like. Kind of an ancient form of yolo tbh. 

-Barba tenus sapientes: meaning "wise as far as his beard." Someone who looks smart because they have an illustrious beard but isn't actually all that wise. 

[Recommended Reads]

(if you would ever prefer not to have your thread in here, just let me know and I'll edit the post to remove it)

Some very useful writing advice this way! /347645

[Warnings]

@all I've seen a few posts recently where folks are discussing religious/spiritual beliefs - so far what I've seen has been wonderfully respectful of others and honestly quite mature so I'm leaving them alone. I know in the past on this MB and others this topic can into flame wars or cause issues, so please continue to be respectful as it is a sensitive subject matter for many people.

• Posted at:

Please tell us why you'd like to report this post

Wings of Fire Book #12: The Hive Queen....it's out 12/26/18!!

i like turtles

WoFMB: wingsoffire.scholastic.com/forums/topics/344922

SAMB: spiritanimals.scholastic.com/forums/topics/344060

39 Clues: doublecross.scholastic.com/forums/topics/344061

Thumbnail avatar d770439970

dragonfairy5751

Is there a quick way to remove three/four hundred friends?

Or do I have to manually click the options button and unfriend and everything else?

(Don't ask me why I have that many friends. I don't know most of them.)

• Posted at:

I am Catrina

I am a leader

I am a fighter

I am a diplomat

I am a demi-girl

I am ME

Thumbnail avatar c42b996421

wolfwerewolf17219

lol i think i have 485 friends!

• Posted at:

(Sister)@Darmidnight or Dawn

An average 11 year old

But does that mean i dont have a voice to be heard?

No it doesnt

My voice is loud and i dont care

I speak my mind whether you like it or not

I am kind

I am caring

I am brave and loyal

I am a Jock

I am Me

Thumbnail avatar 1c2d65e82f

parakeetpanther60

Hey thanks Becky, I figured that was it.. And yeah, that particular thread had me a little on edge not gonna lie, but when it came to my opinions I tried to state them as calmly and respectfully as possible :) tryna be on the mods good side, as I'm usually teacher's pet

• Posted at:

Milo

LGBTQ

TRANS supporter 

Pronouns?/ don't care

I'm either on your side or you're a mile away

So tired of this stagnant place that I've been living in

Milo

Thumbnail avatar 2ed7361120

dragondolphin2613

Thanks for your reply Ms. Becky!

I have two questions today (sorry for bothering you) now...

First, is there ever going to be an update where if something that doesn't break any rules is caught by the filter, mods can push it through? I feel like that would be helpful especially if the filters are needing maintenance and are currently being extra picky.

Secondly, just wondering if you like horror. To be honest, I have this weird "thing" where I am creeped out by something (say Slender Man or another creepypasta) but I have this urge to look up more about its fan "origins". 

• Posted at:

T!Gə↱

“In times of darkness, conjure Lumos. - Tiger

"There are men who are too afraid to act. There are men who say they will but never act. And there are men that JUST DO IT." - Tiger

Markus Sebastian Camelia Resha 

SN-IPER

I know this was a bit ago, but when you were asked about flat earth and you mentioned the turtle, was that a reference I spotted? A Dark Tower one, perhaps?

• Posted at:

₵₳ł₦

A gunslinger

A female

A myth

"ᴛʜᴇ ᴛʀᴜsᴛ ᴏғ ᴛʜᴇ ɪɴɴᴏᴄᴇɴᴛ ɪs ᴀ ʟɪᴀʀ's ᴍᴏsᴛ ᴜsᴇғᴜʟ ᴛᴏᴏʟ"-ʀᴏʟᴀɴᴅ

#Haven78and3000+posts

Well, turtles have round shells, so...

• Posted at:

Hear yeh hear yeh! News, right back at ya

[Announcement]

Take a peek over hereee to follow along with updates on our new project! /347661

[Question Corner]

@Powerfulwizard132 It's true it won't be as immediately accessible as the chat on the site, but it's the decision we had to make. 

@Catrina that's a good question, but unfortunately no there's no "bulk unfriend" :-/ I don't think we realized when we first built friending how much of a pain doing it one by one would be. 

@Tiger This Town Square is here for y'all to ask me questions! So please, ask away! For your first question, the answer is yes. It's something we're currently figuring out with our filter developers. It's going to get a lot better, it just might take a little while. Second question, I like some horror. I also like knowing the origins of stuff like Slenderman, especially when the lore spans across the internet and seems like a puzzle to put together. I played the VR version of Emily Wants to Play on Halloween last year and that was a mistake :P (but I'd do it again)

@Cain Good catch ;) I was thinking of Discworld, but it applies to multiple series!   

[Forum Prompts]

You know how witches have familiars right? Well, imagine the familiar and the witch had a fight and the familiar ran away. You've just found the familiar, thinking it's nothing but a normal stray cat... 

[Recommended Reads]

(if you would ever prefer not to have your thread in here, just let me know and I'll edit the post to remove it)

It's been a long time stuck in the filter, but this new RP by Gleam is finally here! /347813

Another new RP, by Nugget, takes place in a post-apocalyptic world after an event called "The Scorching": /347736

[Warnings]

-not today-

• Posted at:

i like turtles

Thumbnail avatar 3bd5ec7dc9

inkartistic23

@Becky B - Do you watch vine vids? If so, what's your favorite? 

This is mine: 

What do you mean you're not coming to my tea party?! BETHANY. I MADE BISCUTS!!!

• Posted at:

Echo

Gang - Silence and North

Christian

"I'M THE KING OF THE NORTH!" - North being himself

Flipside: Silence 

What is it that you see when you look at me? 

Am I making quite the fool out of me? 

;)

• Posted at:

Out of curiosity, did you have any favorite cartoons growing up? From what you've posted, I think I can tell you were a 90s kid.

• Posted at:

Thumbnail avatar 11b3a3dbf1

horsehorse6857

how do u choose ur reigon

• Posted at:

Beka Nobleson

Greencloak

wolfwerewolf17219

Hey Becky B! I have noticed a couple of my posts havent gone through in a rp for History Makers. Is there anything that is to violent? Could you give me tips on how to get my PoV through the filter??

• Posted at:

An average 11 year old

No it doesnt

I am kind

I am caring

I am brave and loyal

I am a Jock

I am Me

dragondolphin2613

Hello Ms. Becky!

I have another question.

Do you like caving?

This is my first year being a guide for the cavers in the lower grades, and I love splunking. (That's the official word for caving).

• Posted at:

T!Gə↱

"There are men who are too afraid to act. There are men who say they will but never act. And there are men that JUST DO IT." - Tiger

SN-IPER

Hello Ms. Becky B!

Can you guess who I am?

I used/am (to be) a(n) active SAMBer

• Posted at:

FiGHteRFlAmE

The flames shall burn

The magma they will churn

They are fieriest in the night

And will forever shine bright

Thumbnail avatar 77deb5992f

misttiger110

Qween Becky, just wondering, but have there ever been any major hacks here on the SAMB or any other of the MBs? I'm just curious. Thanks!

Oh, and what's your favorite pokemon? 

• Posted at:

(sister) Cyclone

And... Eevee, Tamao, Rainer, Sparky,

and don’t forget my flipside, Vortex!

Sisters of the SAMB,

I request for T-Series to be sister slayed! 

Join the sister cause! 

I am a huge geek 

I am Sister Cyclone

parakeetpanther60

Hey Becky, there was a very important thread about Hot Bois by Embyr, one might say it was a big part of the SAMB's culture... Anyways, it seems to have been deleted and the last post was fairly recent. Do you know anything about it?

• Posted at:

Milo

LGBTQ

TRANS supporter 

Pronouns?/ don't care

Milo

Thumbnail avatar af429f4614

cobraphoenix530

Was gonna repeat what Milo said, but it seems a bit redundant to do so.

It’s almost the holidays! Do you plan on celebrating anything?

• Posted at:

❅ Jsʀ

Cʜɪ Nʀʟ

I's ʙɢɪɴɴɪɴɢ ʟ ʟ ʟɪ Cʜʀɪss

♫  Eʀʏʜʀ ʏ ɢ...

Wɪʜ ɴʏ ɴs ɴ sɪʟʀ ʟɴs ɢʟ

Hear yeh hear yeh, it be the news coming in fast and fresh! I keep writing these in the afternoon and posting them at the end of the day. #ProcrastinationNeverDies

[Announcement]

Take a peek over hereee to follow along with updates! /347661

Today has been A DAY y'all (thus the late post). Exciting days ahead for our not-so-secret project.

[Question Corner]

@Echo You know, Vine is one thing I find hilarious but I haven't gotten into it enough to know my favorites. 

@Powerfulwizard132 How'd you guess? I watched a ton of cartoons growing up....Jackie Chan Adventures, Sonic Underground, and Darkwing Duck are some favorites. Name a Saturday Morning cartoon and I probably watched it :P

@Darmidnight I do see some of your posts in there. Some of it is pretty violent, so I'd tone that down especially explicit descriptions of blood/gore. 

@Tiger I've never been caving before! Spelunking is such a fun word. It's really enjoyable to just say it a bunch over and over. I don't get claustrophobic easily so I think it's something I'd enjoy, but I haven't had the opportunity yet! That's awesome you're a guide. 

___

Afraid that's all for today, but I'll respond to the rest earlier tomorrow!! As well as post a new update (or more....) in the project thread, and check out the WoFMB for a new gif over there!

• Posted at:

i like turtles

Thumbnail avatar

tigerdragon2802

Hey, uh . . . my signature hasn't gone through at least three times now. Literally all I'm trying to do is change the font and add "honorable" where is says "Here with my army of snopmurai".

Does the filter have a problem with the word "honorable" and 14pt Arial Black font in blue, or what?

• Posted at:

Samurai

Est. July 2014

Call my name and save me from the dark

Bid my blood to run

Before I come undone

Save me from the nothing I've become

Here with my army of SNOPMURAI

wolfwerewolf17219

So that is the reason. Not suprised. 

Sorry about that Brrr ecky B lol! Love the name and new profile picture! 

Then, i have a question

with the blood and gore too violent could that ban me at all?

• Posted at:

An average 11 year old

No it doesnt

I am kind

I am caring

I am brave and loyal

I am a Jock

I am Me

Thumbnail avatar

tigerdragon2802

"where is says"

What are you talking about, I proofread ,:D

• Posted at:

Samurai

Est. July 2014

Bid my blood to run

Before I come undone

I like the new profile pic Becky B! :) 

Gotta say the admins have some nice perks. XD 

• Posted at:

vKEY

¤You can be my light, pizzazz¤

×You can be my spark in the dark×

I can't leave you now 

I got nowhere to go anyhow 

How do I know when everyone else deserted my fight...

#DidymusTwins 

Hear yeh hear yeh, catching up on yesterday & today, it's a double news special!

[Announcement]

[Question Corner]

@Elf I removed your thread for you!

@Fighterflame hmmm well do you like caving? 

@Cyclone Oh I like this name haha. I haven't been around for anything like that, but I've heard of times where siblings or friends will take over an account and cause problems. I guess that's not really a hack, is it :P 

As for Pokemon....my favorite is Gengar!

@Milo Hmmm it looks like it was originally posted in 2017 so it shouldn't have been caught in the mass deletions, but you're right, I'm seeing that it's gone. One nice thing is you can still find the cached first page if you search for it. Since it's pretty recent, I can dig in the filter and it shouldn't be too hard to find some of the posts - I know it's not ideal but I can put them somewhere for posterity. I am sorry, looking through some of the posts it was a really fun part of SAMB culture. Whoever is involved with this thread let me know if that's something you'd like.

@Jokester It is, and in fact I'm curently celebrating something! I celebrate Hanukkah, and tonight is the third night. So Happy Hanukkah to those here who celebrate it :) 

@Samurai Well, it's true the filter doesn't much like Arial fonts. It prefers wingdings in 24pt. Sorry - real answer: it's most likely the Korean letters (honestly I'm surprised that made it through the filter the first time, generally only English is allowed through due to not being able to translate every other language and know whether something is appropriate or not.)    

@Darmidnight Well, just try to tone down the language you're using so that your posts actually come through! Unless you're directing the violence toward someone in a harassing or mean way, I consider not having posts make it through to the forum enough of a consequence. I know it's fun to make scenes really dramatic and intense, but there are ways to do that without an extreme level of violence and I believe in your ability to write cool action/fight scenes without overly explicit blood and gore. 

@Key Thank you!! :D

[Forum Prompts]

Some wizards use spellbooks. You use a dictionary. You can make any word you say magical.

[Recommended Reads]

Cyclone has started posting their story "Elementals," which is the original story their Elementals RP is based off: /347875

[Warnings]

-nothing!-

• Posted at:

i like turtles

dragondolphin2613

Hello!

I have a question, to mods posts need to go through the filter?

• Posted at:

T!Gə↱

SN-IPER

Thumbnail avatar 3bd5ec7dc9

inkartistic23

@Becky - 

Do you have any favorite memes? 

• Posted at:

Echo

Gang - Silence and North

Christian

"I'M THE KING OF THE NORTH!" - North being himself

Flipside: Silence 

What is it that you see when you look at me? 

Am I making quite the fool out of me? 

Hello Ms. Brr-cky!

To answer your question: (White ink below)

Yes, I do like caving and I know who you think I am.

How does everyone know this!!!

• Posted at:

FiGHteRFlAmE

The flames shall burn

The magma they will churn

They are fieriest in the night

And will forever shine bright

I made a new rp that has took a while to type the title and no one is getting on it except for three could you post it on the recommended reads tomorrow because it is really cool!

• Posted at:

Thumbnail avatar

tigerdragon2802

@Becky

Aw, man . . . really? What did the Arial fonts ever do to the filter? XD

It can't be the Korean characters though - they've been in my signature for (literally) years, and it's let me update my signature with them there many times before.

All I'm trying to write is:

Here with my army of honorable SNOPMURAI

And it let me update it when I added what it currently says about the snopmurai, so I don't know why it's all of a sudden not working.

All the same, thanks for the reply and if the filter just doesn't like the word "honorable" for whatever reason, I can probably live without describing my snop army. ;-;

(All this snop business is an inside joke - I swear it's clean.)

• Posted at:

Samurai

Est. July 2014

Bid my blood to run

Before I come undone

wolfwerewolf17219

Thank you soooo much! Also, where is king Kieth. I thought he was coming back

• Posted at:

An average 11 year old

No it doesnt

I am kind

I am caring

I am brave and loyal

I am a Jock

I am Me

Thumbnail avatar 77deb5992f

misttiger110

Yas Qween, Gengar is one of my favorite Pokemon. I'd say my favorite is Eevee, just because it's really cute. 

• Posted at:

(sister) Cyclone

And... Eevee, Tamao, Rainer, Sparky,

and don’t forget my flipside, Vortex!

Sisters of the SAMB,

I request for T-Series to be sister slayed! 

Join the sister cause! 

I am a huge geek 

I am Sister Cyclone

Thumbnail avatar d770439970

dragonfairy5751

Why can't I edit or leave my clan? Why can't I do anything with the clan page?

• Posted at:

I am Catrina

I am a leader

I am a fighter

I am a diplomat

I am a demi-girl

I am ME

I love your horse becouse horses are my most very faveoriote anamals!

• Posted at:

wolfwerewolf17219

DragonBrownie, she has a panther

• Posted at:

An average 11 year old

No it doesnt

I am kind

I am caring

I am brave and loyal

I am a Jock

I am Me

wolfwerewolf17219

Brrr cky B do you play any sports at all?

• Posted at:

An average 11 year old

No it doesnt

I am kind

I am caring

I am brave and loyal

I am a Jock

I am Me

parakeetpanther60

Random question, I don't remember if anyone has asked this but I somehow doubt you've always wanted to work at Scholastic as a child, do you remember what you wanted to be growing up?

• Posted at:

Milo

LGBTQ

TRANS supporter 

Pronouns?/ don't care

Milo

Thumbnail avatar 6dec4ca638

emeraldgorilla150

I never play the game because the game never loads ._.

Why does it take so long????????

• Posted at:

♣️Atlas♣️

He/Him

I'm not weird, you're just not weird enough.

[Forum Family; Lilac, Key]

↠ Cheese is good ↞

Joined Feb 2, 2018

wolfwerewolf17219

well if you do it on the computer it wont load AT ALL. Use a mobile device

• Posted at:

An average 11 year old

No it doesnt

I am kind

I am caring

I am brave and loyal

I am a Jock

I am Me

Hear yeh hear yeh, catching up on yesterday & today, it's a double news special!

[Announcement]

Also want to give you an early heads up that I will be gone for the holidays & New Year from 12/21-1/7! Yup, two whole weeks. I'll be sure to schedule some fun stuff to post during that time :) 

[Question Corner]

@Tiger they do not go through the filter! It's a perk.

@Echo I dooo I like the "Is this a pigeon" meme because of how meta it got. I recently attempted to explain that meme to my family over Thanksgiving. It went well.

also i hate snakeu

@Fighterflame Because I'm psychic! I know e v e r y t h i n g 

@Samurai idk what the filter's problem is in this instance. I have no idea what this snop business is about but I doubt it's that. Also, it's a great word. Snop. You can try submitting the signature again!

@Darmidnight King Keith is around! He's working on Stuff along with Admax Gavin. As for sports, I used to row!

@Catrina I'll have to check but as far as I'm aware I think clans no longer work as they once did.

@Milo When I growing up I wanted to be an illustrator, and then I wanted to make games - but I didn't realize that was an actual career path one could take. Oh, when I was in kindergarten I "wanted to study rocks" which didn't pan out into anything. But I still thin rocks are really cool.

@Atlas I'd try the app if you're able to play on mobile, as Darmidnight recommended. If that's not possible try on a different web browser and make sure that nothing is blocking Unity Web Player from loading.

[Forum Prompts]

You're a talented young mage and accidentally manage to banish a powerful evil demon into a small, adorable stuffed animal. In this form, the demon isn't allowed to harm you and has to follow all your commands. You're just about to head to your first year of mage school, where some people might not look kindly on bringing such a "pet" into the school...

[Recommended Reads]

Mills is starting a FWRP, if you're looking to join a new one here's your chance! /348067

[Warnings]

-nothing!-

• Posted at:

i like turtles

1 , 2 , 3 ... , 6 ,