Thumbnail avatar 8026f974b5

tsunamininja5

Yeah

It's . . . really only made things worse for me. I don't like this new school. I'm done sugarcoating everything. I don't like it here. I like Jeremy and I have a few other friends and some people are okay but

1) I'm done with the staff (excluding Jeremy) talking to me like I'm a child.

2) I'm done with the "assistant instructors" who, uh, sorry but you're not real instructors? You don't know how to teach and the only people you actually help are your friends? Uh? Yeah. They just . . . ugh.

3) I messed up really bad when I came here and that's why most of the staff members hate my guts. Wanna know what happened? Sparring with one of the POPULAR girls, and I was kicking too hard. OH IT'S SUCH A TERRIBLE SIN AGAINST HUMANITY I'M GOING STRAIGHT TO _____ WHEN I DIE, RIGHT. She provoked me, just for the record. She was the one kicking too hard in the first place. You're supposed to match your opponent's power, no? That was all I did. And, of course, I get in trouble. Not Ms. Perfect. Because it's always me, right? Yeah. Yeah it's always the outcast girl, never the POPULAR ONE WHO ALWAYS HAS PERFECT KICKS AND EVERYONE LOVES HER BECAUSE SHE'S SOOOO PERFECT

NO ONE CARES ABOUT THE STUPID OUTCAST GIRL GETTING KICKED TOO HARD

BUT EVERYONE CARES WHEN MS. PERFECT GETS KICKED A LITTLE HARDER THAN SHE'S USED TO

4) I'm done being laughed at, not being listened to, and not being taken seriously.

5) Jeremy and the few friends I have are the only people who ever care about anything I say. Everyone else thinks I'm a freak and ignores me.

6) I still feel excluded and I've been here for more than a year??? Uh???

7) Everyone treats me like a bomb that's about to explode and I hate that. (Excuse the metaphor, but that was the most accurate thing to liken it to.)

8) No one wants me here anyway.

. . . except I would miss Jeremy a lot . . . and my friends . . .

. . . I want to go back to my old school but . . . I would miss Jeremy and I know I just said that but do you know what I went through the last time I left one of my friends

....so I just checked my email and my mom's like "yeah I'm calling them this afternoon, you're taking a break"

Which annoys me

Because uhhh I'm 16, I'd like to make my own decisions, thanks

. . . I don't know what I want to do

But it's my problem, stay out of it, Mom

Thanks

. . .

• Posted at:

Please tell us why you'd like to report this post

- Lahash -

Also known as Samurai

Est. January 2014

Author of the Path of Legends series - coming 2020!

"Fear not in this Time of Chaos, this War of Darkness. For on the horizon, there shines a light, a light brighter than any before . . ."

-hugs Sam- I'm sorry Sam I wish therr was something I could do ;-; 

• Posted at:

KEY   

You think that I'm okay but I'm just hiding behind a smile  

We'll get through this 

Twice as strong 

Still alive 

#SPAT

Thumbnail avatar 9a5932f5a3

ponyspicy6

*huggles* That sounds horrible Samurai ;-;

I wish I could offer you some good advice but I don't' really have any.

I hope it gets better :3

• Posted at:

ⓈⓃⓌ-ⒺⓁⓎⒾⓊⓂ

☯she/her/weirdo☯

☯Anime\Manga\Book obsessed

☯"Now don't you understand...I'm never changing who I am.."-Imagine Dragons☯

☯Goddess of winter, nature, and art☯

Remember the lost☯

☯LGBTQ+ supporter

Rember the SAMB

Thumbnail avatar 6c4108c981

wolfdreamtime201

I wish I could help! 

People like the ones you're dealing with need a lesson on some kindness! 

I really wish I could help! 

Gah!

• Posted at:

₣łⱤɆØӾ

AKA Mozilla

Cʜᴀɴᴄʟᴇᴛᴀ Qᴜᴇᴇɴ

օղӀվ í ɾҽՏҽɾѵҽ Եհҽ ɾíցհԵ Եօ ʍɑƘҽ ƒմղ օƒ ʍí ɑʍíցօՏ

Like a pheonix I will rise and fly from the ashes 

Draw a circle there's the Earth! 

#Christian

#Deltasquad

Thumbnail avatar 37d0055509

scarletdragon3016

Hey Samurai, I know I've been sounding like a smart alic/know-it-all on these threads, but I really am trying my best to give...I don't know, could it be called quality advice? Advice at all. Anyhow, you're right. Don't sugarcoat everything, but don't just see the things that are bad (I know you said there are some friends and okay people, but think greater than that). Like, if you don't like a majority of the staff, what's good about them? What are the assistant instructors doing well in instructing? etc.

Anyways,

1) Staff are most possibly adults, and that's the way adults tend to talk to kids: Like a child. If you don't want them to talk to you like that, maybe tell them in a polite way, or show them you don't want to/have no need to be talked to in that way.

2) I'm sure assistant instructors are trying their best. It's just like how substitute teachers tend to be disliked, because they don't know what's going on; those assistant instructors probably are used to doing it their way, or a little...cocky, of being able to instruct students. Give them some time and they'll probably change with experience.

3) I'm sure they don't hate you; they're just probably not used to the notion. You're right; popular tends to get spoiled. Also, believe me when I say not everyone probably really does like her; they're probably just pretending to, to fit in with the crowd. That's the definition of "popular" for you. Also, know that popular is an opinion. For instance, popularity in grades at my school would really be different for popularity in looks. Just because that girl is "popular" doesn't mean she's perfect, nor that she's "better than you". And no, you are not a "stupid outcast girl". Everyone's equal, and sometimes people don't take it that way. It's the conflict of human nature. :)

4) If you don't like being laughed at, not being listened to, and not being taken seriously, those people probably don't know you well. No one can be liked by everyone, but also, no one can be disliked by everyone (despite what it seems like sometimes).

5) Adding on to 4, they probably don't know you. Human instinct is to maintain distance with those one doesn't know. Just because you've known someone for a long time, doesn't mean you necessarily know them well.

6) Time isn't really that much of a deciding factor for how comfortable you can feel with someone/in someplace. Also, some places one just can't click with, just like one can't be friends with everyone. As much as I would like that to be true. :)

7) Why? Could you tell me more about that? Excuse me for saying this, but that's probably an exaggeration. Like I said, they're probably just staying away from you because they don't know you.

8) That's not true. Read all of the above. :)

9) If you don't want your mom to intervene (though she's probably really trying to help), you can tell her that. She's your mom, after all. :) She probably knows her daughter is growing up and wants to make her own decisions, if you tell her so.

If you really feel uncomfortable, there's nothing wrong with retracing your footsteps. Just leaving the school doesn't mean you say goodbye to Jeremy forever. If you're close friends, you can maintain contact and such, and still be able to hang out, et cetera. This school probably isn't as bad as you think--and before you accuse me of sugarcoating everything, not understanding, etc., I'm not trying to. Maybe if you just focus on the good a little more than the bad, maybe you'll feel better? I don't know.

So, thanks for being so open to the SAMB and us SAMBers. I really appreciate your trust in us, and none of anything I say is intended to change or break that trust in any way.

-Galaxian Explosion-

Mods, please let this through. :D

• Posted at:

Ⱡ

₳

єχρσѕισи

ł

₳

₦

Est. June 2018

Stars: 4,967

God of Loyalty, Life, & Cosmos

We never know all the chances we lost

Until we lose them

~I guess it's almost time to say...

"Sayonara"~

tsunamininja5

Most of the staff isn't adults, actually. Most of them are teenagers or barely adults. Fun fact, I'm older than some of them. And they STILL talk to me like that.

Jeremy's the oldest (except for, like, the owner, but he's pretty much never there), but strangely he's the only one who DOESN'T talk to me like I'm a child.

And they're STAFF MEMBERS. You can't ignore one of your members just because you don't know them??? Uh??? Like it's kind of, sort of, your JOB to make students actually feel welcome? Yeah?

• Posted at:

- Lahash -

Also known as Samurai

Est. January 2014

"Fear not in this Time of Chaos, this War of Darkness. For on the horizon, there shines a light, a light brighter than any before . . ."

Thumbnail avatar a64f4fa3e1

creativescarlet16

Oof....I have no experience in sports of any kind, but I know what it feels like to be in a situation where you're an outcast.

I feel like....maybe just tell ask all of them why they don't like you? A lot of the times, I feel like the perpetrator might not even realize they're excluding a person until it's pointed out. 

• Posted at:

R E M E M B E R T H E L O S T 

*yEETS AWAY*

"I thought mascara was a fish"-Galaxian

"Make an insect AU and they're all fruit flies"- Ishmael

"Brussels sprouts are just delicious earth meatballs"-Becky

Deviantart is LivVirtual

Thumbnail avatar 37d0055509

scarletdragon3016

...Oh. Well, they probably need to learn/realize a few more things. If they talk to you like that and you feel disrespected, you reserve the right to not reply, or tell them how you feel. Like, in a non-commanding way, xD.

Some staff members don't do their job well; for instance, they don't like the job that much, or they only like working with certain types of people. Don't worry. :)

-Galaxian-

• Posted at:

Ⱡ

₳

єχρσѕισи

ł

₳

₦

Est. June 2018

Stars: 4,967

God of Loyalty, Life, & Cosmos

We never know all the chances we lost

Until we lose them

~I guess it's almost time to say...

"Sayonara"~

Thumbnail avatar 007d3a5609

dragonheart5600

Maybe tell them how you feel. If they know your problems, they’ll know how to act accordingly. (Idk if there’s an adage for this stuff, but here’s one .,. “You can’t see through a muddy window.” It means “you can’t see exactly what people think.”) if you feel like you can’t open up about this, write or type a note, sign it (or leave it anonymous if need be, I can’t judge), and leave it folded somewhere they’ll notice it. Letting your friend know (at minimum), might help a lot, since they know a lot more about your life. Plus, they might help you out. 

Best advice I could think of. 

• Posted at:

Cat/Sylvia

Proud hufflepuff

pma!

beauty comes from unity

where people taunt, hope says “try one more time”

#youbelongtoaduck

your loving hybrid friend,

catwolf76

tsunamininja5

I made it even worse today, oops

We were holding out side kick except I wasn't because it hurt my back, and this instructor who I'm 99.9% sure hates me was like "Come on, we're not done yet"

Me: It puts too much strain on my back. Not that you would care.

Later we were practicing our forms:

Little kid 12-year-old intern: Do you know your form

Me: Yes, I'm quite sure I know it, thank you

Little kid 12-year-old intern: Can you help _____ with his form?

_____: No I got it

Me: Yeah and I'm a terrible teacher anyway, trust me

Little kid 12-year-old intern is a sweet kid but he acts like he knows EVERYTHING, which irritates me quite a bit, and he talks down to me, which I don't appreciate.

Anyway

So yeah today was great

• Posted at:

- Lahash -

Also known as Samurai

Est. January 2014

Thumbnail avatar 0c77593b2c

thunderstormdragon584

Aw, I'm sorry, Samurai.  I know how that feels.  It sucks.  Unfortunately, I don't have any advice to help deal with it; I honestly had my mom intervene because I was too scared to look after myself, so yeah.  ^^;

I'd honestly just try and ignore it.  Give your fellow classmates the same attitude they're giving you if you're OK temporarily acting like that.

• Posted at:

Saemian

Cupcakes are muffins that believed in miracles.

Be a pineapple; stand tall, wear a crown, and be sweet on the inside.