I mean the kind where you post as yourself specifically, however, many of these rules apply to regular RPing and FWRPing (is that a word? xD) as well.
1. OPing yourself is fine, but there is a limit. The largest capability for anyone is multiuniversal, but for the SAMB, there's an unspoken rule that no one gets to be that powerful consistently. Also, being too OP really ruins much of the fun.
2. Don't control others' characters. They have the right to be themselves in a RP. If you want to do something demanding to them, such as trying to kill them (notice the emphasis on "trying"), hurting them, or knocking them unconscious, ask for his/her/their permission first. Also, if the other didn't do something, don't say they did it. It can become a nuisance and source of conflict very fast.
3. No perfection; this goes with any aspect; powers, abilities, appearance, personality, et cetera. This is the rule in RPs: No Mary Sues or Gary Stues. This is what it means. For one thing, no one and nothing is actually perfect. There is bound to be a weakness of some kind, or a flaw, et cetera.
4. Make room for evolution. This includes for yourself (your character), and for others. You will change slowly over time most of the time, such as your motivations and purpose, or how you see certain people or things. It isn't fair for others if you take away this chance for them to develop, or for yourself if you're already "the best" or already so perfect you can't change any more.
5. Some things are already developed, such as others' personalities and powers, as well as your own. Don't make up new powers, for instance, on the spot solely for the purpose because it will solve the conflict right away. There is no good story that comes from conflicts that just get solved right away, and this goes with RPing as well.
6. There needs to be at least some logic to your purpose and action. This goes with the number before this one; no character suddenly develops personality or powers, for example, with no reason. That itself is illogical.
7. RP is about character interactions and being in character, not one-sided speeches. Live your character, but share the stage. Your character can have the spotlight for a few moments, but nothing is just about oneself. Let others share.
8. Avoid “taking over” another RPer’s event, scene or grandstanding in a conversation. The “It’s all about me!” mindset can backfire. Again, being the best is boring.
9. Encourage, inspire, and support other RPers.
10. Establish boundaries not only for your character, but for yourself when roleplaying.
Please tell us why you'd like to report this post
Gσԃ σϝ Lσყαʅƚყ, Lιϝҽ, αɳԃ Cσʂɱσʂ
Hitan, Camus, Milo, Shaka, Gemini, Shura, & Dolphin
"All I ask is...just respect one another."