Thumbnail avatar e6aea2bdf6

dragonkitten1012

Three years after “The Scorching”, a disastrous phenomenon that left Earth and society at the brink of nothing, leaving everything in ruins and tearing apart the modern world; you are one of the last survivors of this desolate planet that was once called home, but you can barely call it that now. Barren and empty, Earth looks no better than the red planet Mars as it’s cities are burned and broken, forests are now just charred pieces of wood, their ashes covering the dry and cracked soil that’s tough enough to be mistaken for stone. Harsh rays of sunlight make it well over 100 degrees everyday, drying up what little moisture there was left in the atmosphere that night had left, which then the temperature drops to below freezing, making the environment almost uninhabitable for any living thing.
    At this point, most of the natural world is gone, including human civilization. For a race that once thrived above all else, a dominating species, defeating any obstacle that got in their way, seems like nothing compared to the ravaging and destruction that the burning sun had caused in a mere three years. But the sun had only done a little in the beginning, the rest was due to a war-torn planet that was afraid and angry, only adding onto the already dying species. By this time, politics were no longer needed as the days grew longer and hotter, the nights shorter and colder, so the common people rose above their governments, taking control and using that fear and anger of the people only to rise in power; what structure that was left only collapsed as food, water, and other resources ran dry, making the people suspicious of their own, murderous and aggressive towards outsiders and their communities. Fires spread throughout camps, growing easily as temperatures were much higher and the air was basically flammable itself, and blood was spilled as power was tossed around like a beanbag being caught in the outstretched hands of the selfish and wretched.
    Soon enough, war once again raged throughout the land, bringing down the dwindling species yet again, leaving those who were left alone and even more afraid than ever. There were no leaders anymore. No laws. No order. Just nothing. And then, just like that, no more “havens” or “utopia’s” existed anymore. But this was only the beginning of a never ending story with a cast of no characters, just a hot and abandoned road that seemingly led to nowhere.
But not everything died in the years of The Scorching. Those who did survive, became stronger and more willed. What vegetation that had died was only replaced by new ones; ones that were tougher and more adapt to the harsh environment. Trees were much taller and their bark thicker. They grew faster, determined to snuff out the competition as they rose to the sun, their roots spreading out deep beneath the soil, searching for any drop of water. Animals were far more aggressive and competitive, carnivores killing their own families if need be and herbivores doing the same as they fought for vegetation, but those weren’t the only ones who had changed. As the temperature fluctuated, bacteria learned and adapted quickly, diseases spreading like wildfires, killing off masses of living creatures, the most common being “Heat Bitten”. A deadly virus that attacks the nervous and digestive system, it causes plants and animals to become highly aggressive and dangerous as it makes the host unable to consume anything, but as the body eats away at itself, the host becomes stronger, faster, and smarter as the virus makes the body falsely believe that it’s okay. All that’s on the host’s mind is finding food in any way possible. But as this virus is a disease, it’s able to spread if the host’s saliva or other internal fluids makes contact with the inside of an unaffected being, example like being bitten or the transfer of blood. Those who have been Heat Bitten often travel alone, because they’ve possibly killed off the others surrounding them. They have a hard time recalling memories, and their motor and coordination skills are off, so a human that is Heat Bitten often had a distorted speech pattern and difficulty writing and/or reading while a dog that has been Heat Bitten would have a strange bark or make noises that aren’t really seen with their species. While plants don’t exactly get up and attack people, few have been rumored to be swallowed by the roots of trees.
     But as the world as you knew it collapsed, you managed to survive everything that had happened, including the heat, war, and disease outbreak, you too had grown tougher as time passed, having to make difficult decisions in life or death situations, ultimately growing as a survivalist. And as you travel through this world of red dust, deserts made from the beds of lakes, and passing through the fading memories of the expanses that used to be forests, you wonder what you are still doing this for. Why you are still here and walking although nothing exists beyond every footstep you take. But that is for you to decide. What is your fate?

//Rules// And stuff (These are rather important, so I would suggest reading them)

~ Anyone is able to join at anytime, so don’t be afraid to make a form
~ Diversity is key. LGBTQ+ characters are welcome with open arms
~ I would like to have more experienced roleplayers with longer and more detailed posts and forms, but again, anyone is welcome to join
~ This roleplay is a bit more on the serious side, but comedy and lightheartedness is okay too, along with romance
~ Every few posts, I’ll have a small description of what has happened or is happening, just as a small recap or to anyone who wishes to join later. It’ll just include where the characters are, what time of day it is, etc.
~ I probably won’t have character death, only because I know forms take a while to make and I don’t want to kill off anyone’s characters
~ There are no magical powers nor monsters
~ Remember, this is a post-apocalyptic setting, so there are going to be more adult characters, but if you want to play a younger character that’s fine, but they have to have a reasonable backstory. Also, first come, first serve. I’ll only accept a few younger characters.
~ There isn’t a set time to how often you have to post, but just let me know that you haven’t died please
~ Please don’t bully other characters. I know drama is necessary, but I’ve had it happen to a character and it makes me sad. Just know the difference.
~ Also, when you read character forms, just remember that your own character knows nothing about the others, so don’t automatically assume something about the other person that you wouldn’t know. Just pretend you know nothing about anyone else.
~ It is set Somewhere-In-America
~ I won’t be able to get on super often because my WiFi is wack, but I’ll try to check in every so often
~ There have been rumors that speak of an “Untouched” city somewhere in the Eastern states that claim that there is a city that still stands that has a working government, supplies, and people who aren’t looking to kill you
~ I’ll trust that you’ve read these, so I won’t make you write any secret messages

//Form//

Name:
Race:
Personality:

Appearance:
Equipment: (Make sure to be detailed about the kind of supplies you carry and if you have a pet or vehicle)
Backstory: (Optional, unless you’re playing a smol child or teen but I don’t need a full backstory, just some info explaining how you survived. I would rather character interaction and have them talk about it rather than read it)
Other:

• Posted at:

Please tell us why you'd like to report this post

~>> NUGGET <<~

"Ya Can't Beat the SPICE Cuz The Flames Are Too Fast"

Queen of the Nugget Kingdom     ~"Heckles"

Thumbnail avatar b114f60249

unicornwolf33

I'm bookmarking this 

• Posted at:

ʟʏs ʀʙʟ ʀɪs ɪs ʜʀ, ʙʜɪɴ ʜ ʀ, ɪɴ ʜ ɴx ʀ; ʙ ɪ ʜ ʟs ʜ ʏ. ʀʜs ɪ ʜ ɴʟʏ ɪsʟɪ ɪ. /ɪɴ
Thumbnail avatar b162f9c21d

dreamtimecrow55

bookmark 

• Posted at:

__Reve_Elysium__

They/Them || Gay || Leo

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"We all cry in mascara, it happens." ☾  

→Jenna Marbles←

⦊ Artist

⦊ Roleplayer

⦊ Character Design & World building

⦊ High Concentration of uwu

Thumbnail avatar f5c1cb7917

compasspaw43

Bookmark

• Posted at:

We're Functioning just fine, we're alive

What's your Malfunction?

Bring it forth perfects a bore for what it's worth

Curvy, skinny, or bizarre

The best shape is who you are

Raise your hand if you're not from a mold

Varied strings are worth more than gold

dragonkitten1012

Name: Merlou Elaine Zenon
Race: African American/Caucasian
Sexuality: Lesbian
Personality: Merlou is a very kind hearted and trustworthy person, which is already dangerous for living out in this dog-eat-dog world. She tries her best to smile in the worst of situations, often striving to be the optimistic one who always looks on the bright side of things although that may not be how she actually feels, but she believes that if she keeps up everyone else’s morals, they’d have a better chance at survival. She’s rather emotional, but she puts others before herself, keeping her more extreme feelings deeper inside as she wants other people to be happy, which puts more emotional strain on her but she hides it well. Merlou is willing to change herself for many, having a mindset that that is the only way she’d be accepted as she wears her heart on her sleeve and grows emotionally attached to a lot of things easily.
She’s very kind and would help anyone in need without hesitation, but she doesn’t really think about the consequences of her actions too much, often doing before thinking. She an honest person and has a hard time lying, although she’s gotten better at it over the years, but she’s still not too good, but she makes up for it using her charisma and charm and she tends to answer questions with more questions to get around her bad lying.
She hates being alone, not having someone or people to talk to really gets to her as she gets lonely quite often, but as of now, she travels alone as she looks for a group that won’t try to kill her. She is an intelligent person, and she knows that it’s safer to travel in a group rather than alone, but sometimes her emotions take over and cause her to make rash decisions and she doesn’t want to slow anyone down so she doesn’t really voice her opinion unless she feels it’s needed. Merlou is a loud person though, if she needs to get her point across, she will and she’s persistent about it too.
She is very expressive, friendly and isn’t afraid to state her sexuality, she’s very open about it and she develops crushes easily, but she can also get clingy and can be a bit flirty at times, but she usually realizes when she’s not really needed. Merlou is a very down to earth person as she’s relatable and she gets along with just about anyone, although she knows when to be cautious and at alert in certain situations. Although this journey has been emotionally and physically draining, she’s managed to keep up her spirits through the six years since everything started happening, and she hopes to help others do the same as she tries to make her way to the Untouched city. She’s never seen it herself, but she has high hopes, and even if it didn’t exist, she’d be happy to have companions to make the journey with at least.

She believes that she has a purpose, a reason that she’s still alive and she wants to make the best of it while she can, even if it means that she must smile at the worst of times, she knows that if she lets everything get to her, there would be no chance of survival for her so she stays optimistic for the future although it may be a bit idealistic. Merlou prefers to take her time when doing things, she’s often in no rush to get things finished. She does have her own goals, but she enjoys the journey to get there, so she doesn’t mind how long it takes to accomplish them as long as she has fun getting there.
She is very much a people person, so she accepts anyone who’s willing to stay, and she knows that she shouldn’t trust so easily considering the situation that she’s in, but she believes in second chances and it’s hard to change habits, so she does it anyway.
She may be emotional and a people person, but she’s usually calm most of the time, not wanting to overwhelm or annoy anyone. She prefers to have close relationships with people rather than having many friends, as she likes to have deeper conversations, but any kind of conversation would do if that means she has someone to talk to. Merlou is very supportive, but she doesn’t really think realistically, always looking on the bright side of things which can make facing difficult decisions tougher for her, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that she would be a bad leader, she’s someone who would prefer to inspire others to keep moving forward with perserverance.

Appearance: Merlou is quite tall, being around 6’5, thicc, and having longer legs than torso. She has light brown skin that she makes sure to up, like making sure to not have any scars or blemishes, but it’s a bit more tanned from the all the sun she’s been getting lately. Her hair is short, although it’s longer in the front and the back always looks like the hair is growing back, and dark brown that is usually wavy, but it’s too short to do that currently, and her bangs are curved upwards with the rest of her hair that happens to be parted to the left. She has two long strips of hair that remain uncut and they hang down in front of her ears, falling to her shoulders.
Merlou has a more narrow face shape with smaller, hazel green eyes and long eyelashes along with thicker eyebrows and full lips. (She does try her best to keep up her appearance)
For clothing, she wears practical outfits that are mostly browns and grays. She has a faded gray tee shirt that has a small pocket on the right side and a light brown trench coat over it. The coat has four small button at the bottom, that she usually keeps buttoned during the day. It has silver colored bands on the bottom of the sleeves and on the rim of the neck. She wears this light gray poncho-like scarf that’s a bit see through since the fabric is lighter. A part of the scarf comes down over her right shoulder and ends at her elbow while the other half comes across her chest and just barely falls over her shoulder. Her pants are a pair of faded black skinny jeans that are a bit ruffled at the end. She wears thick-soled combat boot that rise up just below the middle of her calves. They look a bit worn and almost permanently stained red from all the dust. She also wears a black kercheif around her face (more specifically, her nose and mouth) to block out the dust.
Around her neck, she has a black choker that resembles a belt, two black piercings on both ears and gray fingerless gloves.  
Equipment: Merlou carries a hiking bag that has quite a few necessary items that she needs to survive.
Here are the contents of her bag:

*A pack of matches that is half full
*Two small knives
*A box of bullets for a small handgun
*A canteen of water
*A blanket that’s been rolled up and attatched to the top
*Another outfit or two
*Two older pictures, one being of a group photo, and another being a picture of herself and another person
*A few razors
*Some rations
*Animal skins kept for warmth
She has a holster around her waist that contains a small handgun and a dagger in her boot
Backstory: I have a backstory planned out, I just don’t want to reveal it all
Other: None

• Posted at:

~>> NUGGET <<~

Thumbnail avatar 49f799b0cd

dragonmind254

@Nugget- OOH, my best friend from my old school IRL is nicknamed Nugget! (GOD I MISS HERRR I NEED TO TEXT & FACETIME HER MORE OFTEN)

NameSarai Bush (I often get called Sar as a nickname. I don't really care what you call me, really, just as long as it's derived from my real name so I know you're talking to me. Bush, Sarai, Bush Girl . . . Just do NOT call me SB. My parents were the only ones allowed to call me that, even before they were Heat Bitten. Got it?)
RaceHuman
GenderFemale
SexualityBisexual (leans towards men)
PersonalityPeople have often called me "rash" or "harsh," but truth be told, I'll just do what I must to survive. 

AppearanceI'm about five-foot-ten, and I've got shoulder-length black hair, which is honestly rattier than I'd really like it to be. My skin is kind of pale, and I don't have any freckles or anything. My eyes are a dark brown color, nearly red, and I'd call myself pretty thin. Not anorexic, but close. I usually wear a medium grey T-Shirt, and a dark grey (or black, depending on the light) hoodie, un-zipped. I tend to wear many dark colors, actually. I've found that it sends off a message of "Do NOT hose around with me. I WILL kill you to survive." I wear black skinnyjeans with black sneakers, and never really wear ponytails of any sort. I should, though, but I can't waste time pulling my hair back if I want to find anybody I might be able to trust - or just survive The Scorching altogether.
Equipment: (Make sure to be detailed about the kind of supplies you carry and if you have a pet or vehicle) No pet or vehicle, but I've always got a tent on me. A tent, and sharp knives. Yes, plural. I always try to keep at least five. After all, that woodpecker in the bush could be Heat Bitten. Or for all I know, that tree over there is giving me "that look" - the stare from those who are Heat Bitten.
Backstory: (Optional, unless you’re playing a smol child or teen but I don’t need a full backstory, just some info explaining how you survived. I would rather character interaction and have them talk about it rather than read it) It . . . it was terrible. *shudders at the memory* I remember when Mom and Dad died from being Heat Bitten. They were so happy - but I knew they were Bitten before they did. I just couldn't save them in time . . . I knew I had to make it on my own, and that's just what I did.
OtherPoV Color - This looks like an awesome RP, Nugget! Love it! XD (Welp, LOL, there's an ant stuck inside my keyboard. No joke, it crawled between the keys and hasn't come out. ;-; I wonder how many more are in there . . . *keyboard autopsy time!*)

I hope this form is okay! Sar's a totally new character, and I created her for this specific RP, so it took awhile! (When I say "awhile," I mean approximately 45 minutes to an hour.)

• Posted at:

Shion 

she/her/pinkiebi

#PRIDE

Gone Animatin'

I love y'all

Ayyyy, I'm back, Forumsville!

Please . . . before we go, read /356112.

dragonmind254

Oof, I totally misunderstood the "race" section! I thought you meant human vs. Martian or something! ;-; Slight form edit: Sar's Caucasian.

Also, why am I instantly shipping Merlou and Sarai???

• Posted at:

Shion 

she/her/pinkiebi

#PRIDE

Gone Animatin'

I love y'all

Thumbnail avatar b114f60249

unicornwolf33

Name: Damien (A name given to him by Haireth)

Race: Japanese

Sexuality: Gay

Personality: Damien, while he isn’t the most reliable fellow, generally has good intentions. And while he can't do it all the time, when he can he tries his best to help others out. He tends to be casual and lighthearted in most  situations. He’s very outgoing and talkative, and isn’t picky about who his companions are. As long as others can respect him, he can in turn respect them no matter how strange or antisocial they might appear. He’s a big fan of using humour to lighten the mood, but sometimes his carefree attitude can put him at odds with more serious types, who might find him to be superficial. The truth is, he doesn’t have any problems with recognizing threatening or serious situations, but he doesn't like getting all caught up with the negatives of a situation when there is always  silver lining in there somewhere.

As much as he talks, he tends to calculate which words he uses carefully- making it difficult for others to catch him off guard or find any misinterpretations in his words (Unless he’s deliberately trying to get you to misinterpret what he’s saying). Getting him to be completely honest and open about deeper topics and emotions can be a challenge, as those conversations tend to make him feel uncomfortable and fenced in, but he also realizes that conversations like that are necessary from time to time, especially if he wants others to trust him.

He’s a fun-loving sort of guy who just goes where the wind carries him. Being adaptable is one of the most important traits to have in his opinion.  Does someone have control over the water supply? Well becoming that person’s new best friend is now a top priority. Are people only allowed to dress a certain way while in town? Time to get a new set of clothes.

That being said, Damien does feel genuinely concerned for those close to him. This is especially true when he feels like others are being undeservedly hard on themselves or when they start acting uncharacteristically morose and depressed. He’s rather keen when it comes to recognizing others emotions and when he feels it's necessary, will step in and try to convince them that not everything is as dark as it seems.

Appearance: Damien stands just under 6’2 but is deceptively light despite his tall stature. A grin seems to be permanently stretched across his face and his eyes have a pronounced squint to them. His limbs are lanky and he’s a touch on the skinny side, more so now than before the scorching. His skin is a dark beige complexion, being more tan on his arms, shoulders, and face than anywhere else.

His hair is a cool charcoal colour and is almost always tied back into a ponytail or pinned up. When down it just barely brushes his shoulders and has messy, uneven ends. He’s pretty fast but lacks the endurance to keep a high speed for very long periods of time. Otherwise he’s rather fit. He has a deep scar that goes across his collarbone from right to left and some unsightly gashes on his left arm.

His eyes are decidedly unnatural in appearance; the sclera of his eyes are pitch black, and he has two pupils in each eye. They are slitted, reminiscent of some nocturnal predator, and one appears larger than the other. The irises of his eyes are a golden-yellow colour and they form separately around both pupils, appearing fused in the center. (I tried my best to explain)

Damien wears a loose light grey t-shirt that looks like it’s had its sleeves incompetently cut off and the bottom of the shirt is just a little too short, leaving a small sliver of skin exposed. He wears baggy pants made out of a light cotton material that end just below his knee. The ends are wrapped in ace bandages that cover his legs midway down his calves. He has similar bandages that cover his left forearm, but leave his wrist and hand exposed. He wears a silver nose ring and two silver ear cuffs. He wears brown leather sandals.

Equipment: While most of it is technically Haireth’s, Damien’s “borrowed” some supplies and started using them. Some notable objects in there are: a hairbrush, a water canteen, a blue windbreaker, obviously one of those big hiking backpacks to carry stuff in (Well, Haireth’s backpack but they’re sharing it), some dull razors hanging around in there somewhere because Damien’s determined to keep shaving even when it’s the apocalypse, some hairbands, a package of bandaids, an unopened bag of haribo gummy bears that he's been saving since the start of the scorching, three cans of sardines, a box of crackers, and a whole bunch of junk that we can reasonably assume he has to survive in an environment like this.

He has a bike, though it's in rough shape. It's tire pressure is very low and it's handling isn't great, but it also has some modifications he's made to it over the years. He's added a large basket, which is attached to the back of it so it can carry things and he found night lights and got Haireth to take them apart and reassemble them to work as headlights that he can flip on and off.

Backstory: You know, for the sake of brevity, I'm not going to disclose backstory until later.

Other: I really, really hope this doesn't double post because this one is much better than the one I sent in originally.

• Posted at:

ʟʏs ʀʙʟ ʀɪs ɪs ʜʀ, ʙʜɪɴ ʜ ʀ, ɪɴ ʜ ɴx ʀ; ʙ ɪ ʜ ʟs ʜ ʏ. ʀʜs ɪ ʜ ɴʟʏ ɪsʟɪ ɪ. /ɪɴ

dragonmind254

Oof, sorry dude, IDK why but half the personality for Sar got cut off. ;-;

People have often called me "rash" or "harsh," but truth be told, I'll just do what I must to survive. I'm not afraid to take chances, even if the outcome may be bad, because I'll leap at any opportunity for safety. My train of thought usually runs down a certain track: Stay alert (even during sleep), do NOT show any signs of weakness, and do what is needed to survive. You can't be soft in a world like this. When you're out there alone, you sometimes have to play dirty to survive. And playing dirty? Well, that's one of my specialties.

And one quick question: Is this a one-thread roleplay, or FWRP? I just ask because if I need to make a character introduction thread, I'll want to get started in a timely fashion. :3

• Posted at:

Shion 

she/her/pinkiebi

#PRIDE

Gone Animatin'

I love y'all

Thumbnail avatar 1c2d65e82f

parakeetpanther60

Love the idea and wanna do this, but I've never done a forum RP and you're asking for experienced RPers

• Posted at:

|+| Milo Dechire |+|

Conservative

Agnostic 

LGBTQ

TRANS

+~+~+~+~+

Heads or tails

Do you even know

Which side you're on?

And does it even matter

If they're on

The same coin?

Heroes always get remembered

But you know legends 

Never die

parakeetpanther60

I do a little writing though, and I've done RPs in chat also. Two of my buddies, Ray and Reve, have bookmarked this and might be able to help me with things I don't quite get (although I learn things quite fast). I'd love to try my hand at this unless I'd be too big of a nuisance. I'm also not on much during the weekends, and my December schedule is a little wack, so if that's a problem let me know. I'll wait to send in my form until you get back to me

Thanks for the consideration- Milo

• Posted at:

|+| Milo Dechire |+|

Conservative

Agnostic 

LGBTQ

TRANS

+~+~+~+~+

Heads or tails

Do you even know

Which side you're on?

And does it even matter

If they're on

The same coin?

But you know legends 

Never die

dragonkitten1012

@Shion- Accepted! Yeah, I realized after I'd posted it that I should have put "Ethnicity" instead, but guess it's too late now. And no, it's not forum wide, it's just for this thread, FWRP's are confusing to me

@Milo- You can join if you want, I'm accepting anyone

@Lycus- Accepted!

• Posted at:

~>> NUGGET <<~

parakeetpanther60

Hey thanks man, I'll work on my form asap

• Posted at:

|+| Milo Dechire |+|

Conservative

Agnostic 

LGBTQ

TRANS

+~+~+~+~+

Heads or tails

Do you even know

Which side you're on?

And does it even matter

If they're on

The same coin?

But you know legends 

Never die

parakeetpanther60

I love the idea and kinda wanna do this RP, I somewhat write, and I've done RPs in chats but they've been more freestyle- ish. I've never done a forum RP and you're asking for experienced players so...

• Posted at:

|+| Milo Dechire |+|

Conservative

Agnostic 

LGBTQ

TRANS

+~+~+~+~+

Heads or tails

Do you even know

Which side you're on?

And does it even matter

If they're on

The same coin?

But you know legends 

Never die

parakeetpanther60

Name: Myles (forgets his last name)

Race: Mostly white American with Spanish roots

Gender: trans guy (this is important as he's formed an emotional bond with his binder)

Sexuality: Pan, mostly into guys

I'll have to get to the rest later

• Posted at:

|+| Milo Dechire |+|

Conservative

Agnostic 

LGBTQ

TRANS

+~+~+~+~+

Heads or tails

Do you even know

Which side you're on?

And does it even matter

If they're on

The same coin?

But you know legends 

Never die

dreamtimecrow55

@Milo - Yay!! im glad to see you joining too ^^ 

And dont worry about not having experiance, you’ll get the hang of it pretty quick

• Posted at:

__Reve_Elysium__

They/Them || Gay || Leo

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

→Jenna Marbles←

⦊ Artist

⦊ Roleplayer

parakeetpanther60

Appearance: Myles is a rough and tough looking guy who wears a white tee under a dark blue plaid long sleeved button up, ripped jeans, and well-worn black steel toed combat boots. He has dark shaggy short-ish hair that he used to keep in an undercut before The Scorching. He two black earrings at the top of his left ear. He has an equality sign tattoo on his right wrist

Personality: He has been broken before and shamed for being himself. He's usually quiet and stays away from people, but when he forms bonds they are quite strong and will do anything to protect his friends. His emotions can get the best of him, and he sometimes makes bad decisions. He's known to be depressed because of his body.

Equipment: He has a rusty old bike, that surprisingly still has decent tires, and a backpack filled with many random survival tools, the most important being his hatchet, his pocket knife, and a water canteen

Backstory/ Other:  To be determined

• Posted at:

|+| Milo Dechire |+|

Conservative

Agnostic 

LGBTQ

TRANS

+~+~+~+~+

Heads or tails

Do you even know

Which side you're on?

And does it even matter

If they're on

The same coin?

But you know legends 

Never die

dragonmind254

@Nugget- Honestly, BIG mood! Sometimes, I end up losing certain plot threads (*COUGH* GGaD KIDNAPPER PLOT I'M SORRY DUDES *COUGH*) and can't find them without taking hours out of my day that I simply don't have! And yay! I'm in! When did y'all want to start?

**Just a heads-up, I won't be online tomorrow because my friends who live out of town are visiting tomorrow, and I'm meeting them for the day.**

• Posted at:

Shion 

she/her/pinkiebi

#PRIDE

Gone Animatin'

I love y'all

Thumbnail avatar 3bd5ec7dc9

inkartistic23

Name: Katé Jones

Race: American

Sexuality: Strait

Personality: She doesn't trust anyone or anything, other than her best friend, who died of being heat bitten. She sometimes talks to the air, pretending that her best friend, Katlyn, is still alive. Katé knows Katlyn isn't alive. Katè takes a long time to warm up to people. She really likes to be alone. Katé has a British accent, but doesn't talk the British slang. 

Appearance: Has blonde hair, green eyes, and freckles dotting her face, shoulders, arms, and hands. She wears a dark green tank top, light blue jeans, and dirty white shoes that are very worn. 

Equipment: Keeps a few rusted pocket knives she found. She has a motercycle. No pets. She has a photo of her best friend. Uh... just lives in random houses that were abandoned. 

Backstory: She lived in an orphanage since she was thirteen. Her best friend was her twin sister. They were both born in America, but their parents were British.

Other: No

• Posted at:

Echo

Gang - Silence,North,Lilian, 

Jay

Christian

The clock stopped ticking

Forever ago

How long have I been up? 

IDK :(

Why can't see? (2x)

All the colourthat you see? 

Flipside: Octave 

Maple will heal your soul

Thumbnail avatar 671217a0a3

horsedragon1273

Bookmark.

• Posted at:

>ɮᘿl<

There never waֆ a ǝɔoɥɔ

Why so silent, good Messieurs?

Did you think that I had left you for good?

One day I was walking and I found this big log

...Yes, I'm hiding in a crate. Tickets are expensive.

DCI.

7-8-14||S.O.S.||Knock

dragonkitten1012

@Echo- Accepted!

@Shion- It is a big mood, I've tried joining a roleplay like that but they don't seem to last for too long, but then again, I could be wrong since I haven't been on for a hot second. I was going to start once Reve (and maybe Rebel) gets her form in.

• Posted at:

~>> NUGGET <<~

parakeetpanther60

@Lycus Mind if I ship Myles and Damien?

@Nugget If I get too busy or if I'm gone over a week, feel free to kill Myles off

• Posted at:

|+| Milo Dechire |+|

Conservative

Agnostic 

LGBTQ

TRANS

+~+~+~+~+

Heads or tails

Do you even know

Which side you're on?

And does it even matter

If they're on

The same coin?

But you know legends 

Never die

dreamtimecrow55

Yooo i'll probably have my form done by the end of the day

i just need to figure out the last of this outfit situation and then i'll have my form finished 

oh and hey uhh @Milo - Me and Lycus already kinda talked about shipping characters ^^ so not to like be rude or anythin but Damien is currently kinda spoken for 

• Posted at:

__Reve_Elysium__

They/Them || Gay || Leo

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

→Jenna Marbles←

⦊ Artist

⦊ Roleplayer

dreamtimecrow55

Name: Kludd Hamish Wolvenbloed

Race: He’s caucasian, and of direct European descent.

Sexuality: big gay Honestly he’s not quite sure but is fairly certain his preference is men.

Personality: At first glance, Kludd doesn’t really seem like the most friendly person. His angry looking resting face, towering height, and general build doesn’t really make for the most inviting appearance. He has a tendency to stay quiet, which can sometime give off the impression that he’s upset or doesn’t want to talk, but in reality he just feels awkward starting up conversations. With only a small amount of prompting he can certainly have a good discussion, but otherwise he’s very much in the practice of keeping to himself.

Even when you can manage to get him to talk, he usually likes to keep his answers simple, and is a little secretive about things. Feelings can be hard for him to express, and a lot of his past he’d prefer to stay vague on. But at the same time he realizes being completely edgy and distant isn’t going to get him anywhere, especially now that he’s traveling with other people. You typically don’t make friends by being completely silent and refusing to speak to anyone about anything ever, afterall.

When you get to know him, Kludd’s actually very compassionate and caring towards those he likes, and would basically do anything to ensure their safety. Taking care of other people is part of what makes him feel most fulfilled, as long as they aren’t complete dead weight and offer something to the group as well. He tends to be almost overly generous when he feels the need, sacrificing his own belongings for the good of others. Afterall, he’s tough, and can handle things a bit better than most. He’s used to basically just subsisting on very minimal things, so it doesn’t bother him.

Kludd has become used to a constantly changing existence with no settled home, so he’s very adaptable to new situations. He finds no point in complaining anymore as that doesn’t really help anyone. Whining doesn’t get things done, if you have an issue that can be fixed, than doing something about it as soon as possible is probably the best way to go. And if nothing can be done? Well there’s really no sense in wasting time dwelling on it. That’s not to say you can’t have feelings about things of course, and he doesn’t see emotions or suffering as points of weakness. But at a certain point you just have to accept your new reality and move on.

Appearance: Kludd has a highly intimidating build and stature, standing at 6’10” with broad shoulders and plenty of natural muscle, as well as some developed from this straining lifestyle. He’s lowkey thicc tho, and has a little more torso than leg.  While some people may attempt to keep up their appearance despite the impending doom of the human race, Kludd has no interest in his looks anymore, not that he cared much in the first place. His reddish-brown eyes are constantly narrowed, his resting face looking angry and tired, with deep dark circles under his eyes. He has deeply tanned skin, with more than enough freckles that have developed in all his years under the unrelenting sun. He’s gained several scars over the years, the most obvious one being rather large and running diagonally just past the right side of his mouth and over partially across his nose, so that its nearly reaching the other side of his face. He also has a few across his arms and chest/torso that are smaller or newer, and the oldest and most faded of all of them are two on his right side, and one on his left thigh. His dark brown hair has really not responded well to the sun, and what once was a very nice head of long, wavy, loose curls has become a complete and utter disaster of dried out frizzy split ends. He hasn’t bothered with cutting it in a long while, so its currently sitting at a length just past his shoulder blades. He doesn’t often do things with it, but currently part of it has been braided to keep it out of his face, with one braid at the top of his head and the other two on the sides, and the rest just kinda pulled back off his face with them, though its pretty clear he did it probably over a week ago if not longer so everything's starting to really become undone and a mess again. He has a beard that’s just about as unkempt as his hair, but that he does slightly try to keep short, or at least manageable. He also has thick body hair just about everywhere one usually would.

He wears a very sad, years old, partially cracked and broken pair of glasses, with brown rectangular frames. They’re taped up in a couple spots from times they’ve been broken. He can’t see as well with them as he used to but they’re good enough to keep him from being completely blind. On his upper left ear he wears two silver cuff earrings that could be in better shape at this point. His usual outfit consists of a faded red tanktop, black cargo pants that have basically been permanently stained from the dust, and his dark brown work boots are in a similar state. During the day he wears a heavy jacket tied around his waist, and at night he actually puts it on. During high dust conditions he has a scarf that he can put over his nose and mouth to block some of it out, and in very open spaces with no shade he sometimes wears a lightweight long sleeve button up shirt, unbuttoned, just so his arms are better covered.

Equipment: Kludd carries a large worn out backpack that’s been stitched up in a few places. Within it he carries a few items he’s collected over the years, such as:

-Just a few spare pieces of clothing, about one full change and then one or two additional items for different weather situations.

-A large container for water and some various food items he’s collected.

-One of those emergency blankets- it’s a lot less bulky than a normal blanket and does a good job of preserving heat at night.

-A tightly folded up tarp and a pretty good length of rope, mostly for helping in setting up makeshift shelters when the need arises.

-A pretty worn but still functional multi tool and small sewing kit, for repairing various items and patching up his clothing and such when need be. It was already hard enough for him to find clothes before everything was destroyed, so he’s gotta take decent care of the things he has now, because chances are he’s not getting anything new anytime soon.

-A first aid kit of sorts containing various sorts of bandages and things to disinfect wounds with, and a few types of over the counter medication he’s managed to find.

-Tucked away safely wrapped in one of his clothing items is a small picture frame containing a very old family photo from when he was about 9 or 10. The edges of the picture itself are burnt slightly, but the frame looks to have been replaced before everything went down. It’s the only really emotionally meaningful possession he has.

Additionally, kept in the front pocket of his pants is a fairly large locking knife that clips to the outside of the pocket.

Backstory: To give a quick summary; Kludd started out a fairly normal kid, born alongside his twin brother to his parents, both originally from different parts of Europe. And the first 10 years of his life, everything was great. That is, until an unexpected house fire ended up killing his parents. Terrified and not knowing what else to do, he ran off and began living life on the streets, stealing to survive and just trying to survive a meager existence. When he was 15 his life started to come together again, as he managed to find his brother again, although it wasn’t the most happy reunion. He got to attend high school for almost 2 years before the life he was finally starting to really build crumbled before his eyes at the start of the scorching. At some point, he was found by Haireth and Damien, and is currently traveling with them.

Other:

• Posted at:

__Reve_Elysium__

They/Them || Gay || Leo

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

→Jenna Marbles←

⦊ Artist

⦊ Roleplayer

compasspaw43

Started making a form, should be in soon :)

• Posted at:

What's your Malfunction?

compasspaw43

Name: Shane Barton

Race: African American/Caucasian  

Sexuality: probably bi, but I don't know

Personality: before the scorching, he was a jokester who messed around in school a lot and had detentions and such quite often for what he called "speaking his mind" now, he's more serious and focused on survival. He's very smart and resourceful. He's not really one to start fights but he could definitely hold his own and finish them. He is relatively nice (or at least fake nice) to people when he comes across them. 

Appearance: about 5'8ish, dark skin but he has Vitiligo so he has splotches of skin with no pigment. The most noticeable splotches are on his hands, from the elbow-down on his left arm, over most of the left side of his face, on his stomach, and multiple patches on both legs. There is more, but those are the most noticeable. He has a scar a few inches long on his right cheek next to his nose, and a healing cut going along his left jaw line. He has dark brown eyes, brown curly/wavy hair with a couple thin white steaks due to the Vitiligo. His hair is about to his shoulders, but he keeps it tied back. Dirty maroon t-shirt with a couple holes in it around the neck, dark jeans, dirty dark grey construction boots, grey jacket tied around his waist, hair ties on his wrist, dark red bandanna around his neck that he can pull over his mouth and nose, a pair of circular blackout goggles that are either over his eyes or pushed up on his forehead. 

Equipment:

Large black backpack:

Water bottle, solar rechargeable batteries, nonperishable foods, hairbrush, change of clothes, lighter, small notepad and pencil, couple needles and thread, an old wooden baseball bat that sticks out the top, mismatched first aid kit, duck tape, tightly folded blanket, hunting knife, some other stuff I can't think of right this second. 

Other:

he used to have a bike, but it was stolen after he was attacked and nearly killed by a gang of marauders. At some point, he picked up an Australian Shepherd dog who looked about 2 or 3 years old. She has light blue eyes, a pink nose, and light brown-grey-white fur. She travels with him. 

Backstory: eh, maybe later

Other: N/A

@Milo, at some point do you think our characters could meet up and be like, hey I know you! We went to highschool together. or something like how they knew each other before the scorching? Or if you want, they can start off traveling together? Or if you'd rather not that's fine too, just let me know! 

• Posted at:

What's your Malfunction?

parakeetpanther60

@Ray Definitely, let's have them like start as roommates that survived together, something like that, if that sounds cool?

• Posted at:

|+| Milo Dechire |+|

Conservative

Agnostic 

LGBTQ

TRANS

+~+~+~+~+

Heads or tails

Do you even know

Which side you're on?

And does it even matter

If they're on

The same coin?

But you know legends 

Never die

dragonkitten1012

@Reve and @Ray- Accepted!

And I'll be starting soon, just a heads up

• Posted at:

~>> NUGGET <<~

dragonmind254

Woo! I can't wait!

• Posted at:

Shion 

she/her/pinkiebi

#PRIDE

Gone Animatin'

I love y'all

parakeetpanther60

I'd just like to add one thing

Personality: Myles develops crushes easily, but he usually never acts on them because he's afraid he'll be hurt again

Myles is also so friendly that typical friendship affection is seen as romantic to people who don't know him

• Posted at:

|+| Milo Dechire |+|

Conservative

Agnostic 

LGBTQ

TRANS

+~+~+~+~+

Heads or tails

Do you even know

Which side you're on?

And does it even matter

If they're on

The same coin?

But you know legends 

Never die

dragonkitten1012

//First POV//

As the sun settles high above the ground, the air is incredibly still, stiff with heat and no wind to be felt. Buzzards circle the sky, searching for any sign of food or water nearby. There are no clouds to be seen in any direction for miles today, making the intense midday heat almost unbearable and suffocating. A collapsed city half buried in red dust sits a few miles North, no signs of life are present from this distance, but who knows what could be going on deep within it’s abandoned buildings. A fire roars to the far right, eating away at the already destroyed infrastructure, but it looks to be of no threat as of now. A large bridge leading into the city looks almost undamaged, making it out of place compared to everything else around it except for the abandoned cars that remain lifeless, frozen in time to what had been. A river slowly moves underneath of the bridge, but it’s waters are very low and contaminated with red dust, which has been known to carry the Heat Bitten virus. Today is July 8th, 20XX.
(You can either already be in the city, or coming into it)

Merlou

Quickly dodging abandoned cars, I pulled my scarf over my head, trying my best to block out the overpowering rays of the sun. Sweat covered most of my body, making walking more uncomfortable with every step and this backpack was getting heavier by the minute as I had already been traveling since the sun had come up, which that was many hours ago. I hadn’t really wanted to come to this city, I knew of the dangers that lay inside, including bandits and those who were virus infected, but I was running out of water fairly quickly, so getting more supplies was essential.
    Around halfway across the bridge, I crouched in the shade of car that was flipped over on it’s side, it looked like it had been rammed by another car, since the top of it has crushed significantly. I frowned more the longer I thought about it, wondering what had happened to the person in either car, but subconsciously knowing what their fate had been. Still crouching, I slung by bag over my shoulder and pulled out my canteen of water, which was less than half empty, but I took a drink of it anyway. It was hot and I was tired, stressed, and lonely. I then paused and looked around, the silence suddenly becoming strangely uncomfortable. Oh yeah. I’m alone. I closed my eyes and tilted my head back slightly, becoming aware of how alone in this world I was. It actually surprised me that I had forgotten.
    I sighed and stood up again, knowing that I needed to get into the city to at least find shelter before the sun set, as nights get dangerously cold. Pulling my backpack over my shoulder once more, I continued across the bridge, but my pace was slower than usual as exhaustion was setting in.

• Posted at:

~>> NUGGET <<~

Thumbnail avatar 3bd5ec7dc9

inkartistic23

Katé - 

I woke up in the abandoned house I was sleeping in. It was small, dusty, and hot. 

It was always hot. 

But I knew if I went outside it would be hotter and even more dangerous. 

I drank some clean water I managed to find. 

I was living in an abandoned city. Alone...

I sighed to myself. I sometimes loved to be alone, but now it just seemed sad. 

I stood up, brushed my short hair out, and walked outside. 

"Dust, dust, and more dust," I said to the air. "Hot, dusty, dry... I wish the sun would get out of the sky." 

• Posted at:

Echo

Gang - Silence,North,Lilian, 

Jay

Christian

The clock stopped ticking

Forever ago

How long have I been up? 

IDK :(

Why can't see? (2x)

All the colourthat you see? 

Flipside: Octave 

Maple will heal your soul

dragonkitten1012

Bump

• Posted at:

~>> NUGGET <<~

parakeetpanther60

Myles-

I wake up across from Shane who is still in deep sleep. The ground is still cool from the dark night. 

I damp my lips with the water from my canteen, but I don't drink. Water is so precious. 

I wonder why I've been fighting to stay alive when everyone else is already dead. I might be alive, but I will never truly live. 

Grunting with distaste for the generation before, the ones who said I didn't know what a hard life was, I stood up. I couldn't stand being alone any longer. 

I walked over to Shane and softly plopped beside him. "Sha-" I stopped. He looked gorgeous and sound. I shook my head to straighten my thoughts out. "Shane, it's time to get up now." I said quickly. I stood up and jogged over to my backpack to grab out an energy bar and break in half. I ate my half as I waited for Shane to get up

• Posted at:

|+| Milo Dechire |+|

Conservative

Agnostic 

LGBTQ

TRANS

+~+~+~+~+

Heads or tails

Do you even know

Which side you're on?

And does it even matter

If they're on

The same coin?

But you know legends 

Never die

Thumbnail avatar b5ca9bdc54

greendog1510

Could I still join?  I am almost done with my form. 

• Posted at:

Cookie

If cookie are awesome, I guess I'm awesome!

I'm weird, GET USED TO IT

Don't forget you're human. It's okay to have a meltdown. Just don't unpack and live there. Cry it out. Then refocus on where your heading.

greendog1510

Name: Ara (Her first name is Arabella, but prefers to be called Ara) Parr

Race: Unsure, but her mother was Irish, and her father was American. She just goes with American.
Sexuality: Straight
Personality: She used to be very sweet and trusting, but since her closest friend got Heat Bitten. She has trust issues, not wanting to go through to emotional trauma of losing someone close to her.  She is a bit bitter towards happy people, feeling that they are untrustworthy. If she does join a group she will be the first to abandon if something goes wrong, even if it is just a small thing. But after a while you can get her to open up, it just takes awhile. If you give her the opportunity, she will take advantage of you.

Appearance: Her hair is a light brown with a hue of red to it, it goes to just below her ear, and it is often wild and untidy. She has a tall thin figure of about 5'8". Her skin is deeply tanned, and she is covered in freckles. Her eyes are a murky green hazel. She wears a bright yellow t-shirt that keeps her cool down but has a redshirt as a backup.  She wears cut off short that go to her knees but will wear long pants depending on the weather. She wears tall rubber boots, that go to her midcalf. She has a wide-brimmed hat to keep the sun off her face and neck. Her hands, arms, and legs are covered in scratches.
Equipment:

She has a mountain bike that carries most of her supplies, she has a combo lock for it. To keep people from stealing it. It used to be a dark blue, but is now more of a pale blue. The tires are a bit worn,  haven't popped yet. 
She has a White and Black Cat named Oreo. Oreo will often ride in the basket in the front of the bike or will follow Ara.  
In her backpack, she has a water bottle.

Sun Screen, but it is almost empty and she will only uses it sparingly.
A small first aid kit
5 cans of tuna ( for Oreo),  One is open and in a plastic bag.  She also has a few fruit snacks, which she is saving for emergencies.
A change of clothes.  (Which include a jacket)
A thin nylon rope, about 10 feet long.
She has a thin blanket.  
A flashlight, but the batteries in it are dead, she is currently looking for some or a Solar one.
Backstory: All of her family is gone,  taken by the Heat Bitten. She traveled with her friend but when something with the Heat Bitten attacked them, her friend got bitten.  Ever since then her only companion has been Oreo, the only remainder from her old life.
Other: Hi this sounds really fun!

• Posted at:

Cookie

Don't forget you're human. It's okay to have a meltdown. Just don't unpack and live there. Cry it out. Then refocus on where your heading.

greendog1510

Oh no, did I end another thread? 

• Posted at:

Cookie

dreamtimecrow55

@Cookie - No you’re alright, some of us are just busy  haha ^^ 

• Posted at:

__Reve_Elysium__

They/Them || Gay || Leo

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

→Jenna Marbles←

⦊ Artist

⦊ Roleplayer

compasspaw43

I will pov soon

• Posted at:

What's your Malfunction?

compasspaw43

Sorry this took so long... it didn't go through the first time.

{Shane}

I grumble as Myles told me to wake up. One could say that I'm not a morning person. I rolled to my back, where I was attacked by a furry ball of dog. She licked my face thoroughly and I forced her off of me so That I could stand up. "Down, Duck!" I rubbed her head, ruffling her brown-grey-white splattered fur. Duck ran over to Myles and trotted a few circles. I rubbed my own color splotched face, in an attempt to scrub off some of the dirt and dust from the cold night. "Wake up man! There's another hot day ahead of you." I mumbled to myself.

I quickly changed shirts and emptied the dirt from my boots. There was enough to make a small dirt pile, that I lazily kicked over at I put the boots back on. Myles was waiting with my half of an energy bar, so I joined him and Duck. As our usual routine goes, we split breakfast. I stood beside him and chewed as I talked, "there's a city- err... a used-to-be-city, several miles that way," I pointed off into the distance, "there's a bridge too, so that could mean water. If nothing else, there should be some shelter to get out of this wretched sun." I took a sip from my canteen and Duck whined. Dribbling out some water into my hand I sighed, but I smiled at her. I had picked Duck up as a pup, not expecting her to make it long, but she's coming up on almost two years... I think. It's hard to keep track of the date, we do the same thing, every day blurred into the next, and we don't even have season anymore. Just infinite drought. Duck lapped up the water, and I turned back to Myles, "so, what'd you think? Should we go for it?" 

• Posted at:

What's your Malfunction?

1 ,