So far, how good am I doing? Should I go on?

Thumbnail avatar daaff2d27b

dinosaurjade212

Prologue:

It all started after May disappeared. 

Hello, dear readers. My name is Simon Walker, and I have a story to tell. So, make yourself comfortable in your nice, cushiony chair, and take a sip of hot chocolate. Don't spill it on these pages, though. These pages hold a story. 

My story. 

It's a story about how the world ended. It's a very important story, mind you. So pay attention. It's not a story that you want to be repeated. It's not a story you want to see twice in history books. It's my story. So, lift these pages up to the light, and here we go... 

• Posted at:

Please tell us why you'd like to report this post

~Tsunami~ 

Pukwudgie 

Greencloak 

Ravenclaw 

Syra 

Niari 

Lanika 

Rio 

Driko 

Cayden 

Jade (Jade) 

Kylo 

dinosaurjade212

Chapter 1:

Have you ever had the feeling that your heart is just going to explode out of your chest? 

That's how I felt when I stood on the wooden platform, waiting my turn to be Tested. 

In Narua, everyone is Tested for magic when they turn twelve. When they call your name out, last name first, you step up to the podium and place your hand on the Naruan Diamond. If it turned white, you were a Mystic. If it turned black, you were a Mythic. If it turned gray... You were one of the Powerless. 

My heart was thumping for that last reason. If I was a Powerless... 

No. I told myself firmly. You are not powerless. Do you hear me, Simon Walker? You have a power. 

That's what I told myself over and over again as the time of the Testing grew nearer. Beside me, my twin brother, Lar, stood. Despite the fact that we were twins, we looked absolutely nothing alike. I had dark, curly brown hair, freckles, and sapphire-colored eyes, Lar had straight blond hair and aquamarine-colored eyes. Often, people looked confused when they realized that we were even related. 

On my other side, my best friend, May Evans, stood. Her green eyes reflected anxiety and worry, and her shoulder-length blond hair was slightly tousled, as if she hadn't spent much time on her hair. I reached over and grabbed her hand. We'd known each other since we were six, and yet, she still surprised me at the least expectant times. 

"You scared?" I whispered in her ear. She grinned, pushing away all the worry that had been stored in her green gaze. "You wish." 

I opened my mouth to say something else when I heard the fanfare. May let out a long sigh. This fanfare was really getting old. Every child in Narua learned the melody of the fanfare when they were five. Why? Because the fanfare was so special. What was special about a bunch of trumpets playing a melody over and over? 

Exactly. In my amateur musical opinion, nothing. (Don't take this personally. I'm just not a fan of fanfares.) 

Two hooded figures stepped out from behind the curtain. The one in white placed a clear crystal on a large wooden pedestal. They spread their arms. "Welcome, Naruans, to this year's Testing!" 

It was a female voice that spoke from underneath the white hood. I assumed that this was Daylight, the guardian of the Mystics. She was a legend in all of the recorded history of Narua. 

Beside her, I guessed was Nightfall, the guardian of the Mythics. He was known for being dark and moody about everything. 

The crystal was definitely the famous Naruan Diamond. Whatever color you received upon your fingers touching the cold crystal determined your entire future. 

Daylight unrolled a scroll and cleared her voice. Then, she called out, "Austin, Quail!" 

A girl named Quail Austin stepped up onto the raised wood platform and placed her hand on the Naruan Diamond. A mist appeared in the clear crystal, and I watched as it turned inky black. Quail drew her hand back and walked over to Nightfall's side of the platform, which was painted a night black color. 

Daylight then read off the second name. "Bailey, Dania!" 

My mind was pretty much numb through the Testing until Daylight called, "Evans, May!" 

I released my hold on May's hand as she stepped up to the platform. She placed her hand on the Naruan Diamond, and the mist turned white. She removed her hand and walked over to the white side. I then proceeded to daydream until I heard a very significant name. 

"Walker, Larimar!" 

Lar walked up and turned to glare at Daylight before he placed his hand on the diamond. "Just call me Lar." 

He turned back and pressed his hand against the misty crystal. The mist turned white. He removed his hand and walked off to the white side to stand next to May, who was watching me with a worried look on her face. I swallowed as Daylight read a name off her scroll. 

"Walker, Simon!" 

I felt a hard lump in my stomach as a wave of fear engulfed me. I stepped up to the platform, and placed my hand on the diamond. The mist changed color, but it wasn't white. Or black. Or gray. 

It was a brilliant sapphire blue. 

• Posted at:

~Tsunami~ 

Pukwudgie 

Greencloak 

Ravenclaw 

Syra 

Niari 

Lanika 

Rio 

Driko 

Cayden 

Jade (Jade) 

Kylo 

dinosaurjade212

Chapter 2:

Whispers spread through the crowd. I felt like a sunflower in a field of poppies. What had happened? Was I a Mystic, a Mythic, or was I a Powerless? 

Daylight and Nightfall exchanged looks from underneath their hoods, then locked eyes. All around, people were whispering and muttering. Even my parents were speaking to each other quietly. 

I heard Daylight clear her throat. "Well. This is... quite a strange occurrence." 

Duh. I thought in my head. 

"Since your magic shows no signs of inclination towards a specific side, we will allow you to first remain in Azuron Village, then let you spend time in Zathar Village. After that, you may choose whether to be a Mystic or a Mythic."

I felt a rush of relief. I wasn't a Powerless! 

Then, I felt panic again. What if I felt at home amongst the Mythics? Away from... 

I saw Lar and May exchange worried glances. Daylight nudged me towards the white side, then finished the Testing with "White, Ivory," who was sorted into Mythic. 

The crowd dispersed, and my parents shot a last look at me before Daylight spread her arms, and ushered the Mystics out of the Testing House. Nightfall ushered the Mythics away out of the opposite side. I didn't know how the Mythics got to Zathar Village, but I sure knew how the Mystics were going to get there. 

Dania Bailey squealed with delight when she saw the two snow-white pegasi, tapping their hooves against the ground, tossing their heads so their manes rippled. They were attached to a blinding white carriage that looked like it was carved from ivory and given the reflective properties of diamond. 

"Gah." Lar averted his gaze. "I think I'm looking at the Sky-Fire." 

"It's a carriage." I assured him. "If it really was a piece of the Sky-Fire, then all Mystics alive today would be blind." 

The Mystics all filed into a line and boarded the carriage one by one. I hung at the back, and when I stepped inside, I was blown away with amazement. "Great Sky-Silver..." 

The carriage was much bigger inside than it looked on the outside. Inside was the size of a small house, with an upstairs, and beds on the entry level. Light filtered in through unseen windows, dappling the walls and floor with splotches of golden light. Color decorated the whole place, red floors fading to orange, then yellow, then green on the walls, then right to indigo and violet on the ceiling. I frowned as I looked around the room. There wasn't a single splotch of blue anywhere. 

From thereon out, everyone was going crazy, squealing as loud and enthusiastically as Dania had when she had seen the pegasi. Daylight clapped her hands to get our attention. We all stared at her like baby owls. She cleared her throat. "We will be on a long flight to Azuron Village, and this will be our home for the time being. Treat it well, and it may give you a reward." 

"What about our things?" Falco Morgan piped up. 

"The moment the Testing was complete, they were loaded onto the carriage's storage room." Daylight informed him briskly. She swept her robes behind her. "If any one of you need me, I will be in my quarters." 

With a mini explosion of white sparkles, she was gone. 

• Posted at:

~Tsunami~ 

Pukwudgie 

Greencloak 

Ravenclaw 

Syra 

Niari 

Lanika 

Rio 

Driko 

Cayden 

Jade (Jade) 

Kylo 

dinosaurjade212

Is anyone reading this? 

• Posted at:

~Tsunami~ 

Pukwudgie 

Greencloak 

Ravenclaw 

Syra 

Niari 

Lanika 

Rio 

Driko 

Cayden 

Jade (Jade) 

Kylo 

Thumbnail avatar a0d6760dea

tsunamininja5

Ayy this is cool

• Posted at:

- Samurai -

Jaguar

Tarik

Akira

Thorn

Loki

Almonds are peanut free.

"Your soul is in the shredder?"

SNOP

dinosaurjade212

Chapter 3:

Okay, first night on the carriage. Don't do anything stupid in your sleep, Simon. 

I was in the bed I had selected for the journey, although sleeping seemed out of the question. The light was no different than it had been seven hours ago. 

At least, I assumed that it had been seven hours. There were no clocks here, nothing to tell us what time it was. Not even a stick. 

"Hey, Simon." 

I jumped as May suddenly spoke from next to me. She laughed. "Sorry if I scared you." 

"No, no, no. I was just... Jumping for practice." I said unconvincingly. She smirked. "Really?" 

I admired her attitude. The way she said things, as if life was the primary source of information for absolutely everything. I liked the way she stood up for what she knew was right. 

Long story short, I really liked her. 

Don't judge. I bet that you've never looked straight into a girl's eyes, both revealing and private at the same time. May's eyes were the most beautiful green color I'd ever seen. Greener than the most beautiful emerald in history. Her blond hair just reached her shoulders, short at the front, but fanning out into a sheet at the back, the longest point at the middle, just touching the back of her neck. Her hair wasn't golden, it was much paler, but darker than platinum blond. I thought she looked pretty. But once again, don't judge. 

"Simon, wake up!" 

I opened my eyes to see an upside-down face. I twisted myself around so my feet were where my head should have been, and vice versa. Lar was looking at me with a grumpy look on his face. His blond hair was sticking out in different directions, and his aquamarine eyes looked tired. I could see from the look on his face that he was heavily annoyed. I blinked in response. "What?" 

"We're arriving at Azuron Village. In thirty minutes." He said. "I've been trying to wake you up forever." 

I noticed that everyone else was already up. I blinked again. "How long have I been sleeping?" 

When I asked, Lar snickered. "I'll spare you from the embarrassment." 

I wondered what had happened, but I decided not to ask. I just got out of bed, walked upstairs to the bathroom, and washed my face. I braced my hands against the sink and stared at the reflection in the mirror. A face stared back. That face had light freckles, curly dark brown hair, and sapphire-blue eyes. It was me. Did I see myself in my past life as the eleven-year-old commoner from Narua City? 

Or did I see something else in those eyes that betrayed something dark? 

• Posted at:

~Tsunami~ 

Pukwudgie 

Greencloak 

Ravenclaw 

Syra 

Niari 

Lanika 

Rio 

Driko 

Cayden