Thumbnail avatar 8026f974b5

tsunamininja5

PoL is the book I'm writing. It needs a title (still working on that) - PoL is an acronym for the working title, which I'm not going to share because it doesn't make a lot of sense as the title. It's a legit thing in the book, though.

Anyway.

Manga hhhhhh

- I CANNOT draw muscle details. When my characters aren't in full armor they usually wear sleeveless/short sleeves, and Thorn hardly ever wears a shirt at all, so . . . yeah, being able to draw muscle details is pretty important.

- Sasaki's  T A I L.

- I can't foreshorten.

- Thorn's hair is really complicated, and he has all of these piercings and tattoos and hhhhh he's a pain (PUNNNNN) to draw over and over again. No one got that pun but you would if you knew his powers

- Jaguar what kind of hair do you even have, I don't know anymore... Spiky hair? Long hair? Long-ish spiky-ish hair? Wavy hair? Aaaah I don't know

- Swords. Help me.

- Action scenes.

- My manga always end up being rushed. Everything happens too fast.

- Making the panels interesting. You can't just have square panels, ESPECIALLY not for shounen.

- SAMURAI ARMOR

- Making Akira look like the anxious, nail-biting mess he is. He looks too confident every time I draw him. Unless he goes Valiant, he's jumpy and nervous. All the time.

- Jaguar's armor

- Loki's scars. Scars are easy, but Loki's entire face is ravaged by them. I'm not sure how to draw that - he always ends up looking like his hair is in his face.

• Posted at:

Please tell us why you'd like to report this post

- Lahash -

Also known as Samurai

Est. January 2014

Black Belt

Super Saiyan

Author of the Path of Legends series - coming 2020!

Here with Jaguar and Tarik.

tsunamininja5

Also the height difference between Thorn and everyone else

Thorn is nine feet tall, I'm not even kidding

There's another Thorn and Broly similarity, Thorn's height is the same as Broly's Legendary Super Saiyan height

So I started this manga thing and it's only one panel and it goes like:

Thorn: Jaguar.

Jaguar (who you can't even SEE in the panel because that's how flipping tall Thorn is): Yes?

One, writer's block. Two, how can I even draw a conversation between them, or between Thorn and anyone else? Aaaaah

• Posted at:

- Lahash -

Also known as Samurai

Est. January 2014

Black Belt

Super Saiyan

Thumbnail avatar 0ec67d03c4

darkheart838

I can barely draw a stick figure. Not kidding. The only time my drawings look good is when I trace......XP I think it's cool that you are making a manga, though. It would be cool if you could post it on here. I would so read it. I read most things and I love manga. Have you ever read Maximum ride magna? It may help with inspiration.

• Posted at:

❦ᒚᗩᕲ| ᕲᗩᖇᖽᐸ❦

α ԋҽαɾƚ σϝ ʂƚҽҽʅ ρʅαƚҽԃ ɠσʅԃ 

ɳσ ૨αเɳ, ɳσ ƒσωε

GryffindoProud

Credit to Jokester for amazing siggy :D

Thumbnail avatar 17e80c08a7

brownlynx107

The only thing I can help you with are the swords. I'm a bladesmith IRL...so...yeah. Anyways, a lot of the problem is usually the handles. Don't make them too thick, and the guards...ugh. Also if you're drawing a katana/wakizashi type thing then getting the curve right is hard. There are like 7 pieces in the guard, the habaki, the spacers, the actual guard... It's just getting the AnGLeS proportional, the aNgLeS... it's pain

• Posted at:

Arl

(He/him)

Forum bro: Tiger

Dead 5 times.

The worst things in life

Come free to us

We're all under the upper hand

#NKT

Small image from ios  1  19a7f48469

Brrr-cky B : admin

One thing that transformed the way I drew was reading webcomics.

I don't know if you read any, but the art style can often be more approachable than that in traditional manga because many webcomic artists start out as rookies and their style is less developed. As the story progresses you can see them getting better and better, which is really inspiring. Feels a little bit more like "Hey, if they can do this, I can too!" 

One great example is Gunnerkrigg Court, I've been reading that for a decade and the art style back in the first chapter compared to the art now is like.....wow. Night and day.

I haven't drawn chapters/panels in a while, but I did think about starting a webcomic for a long time.

What I found really helpful when trying to write dialogue was writing it out as a script in a word doc and then drawing the panels + everything else. It gave me more of a skeleton of the plot to work with rather than trying to come up with everything on paper at once. Doesn't really help with writers block (that always stumped me too) but it made things a little easier to process. First, I'd get all the dialogue done. Then, plan out panel arrangement. Then, sketch out scenes. Etc. 

• Posted at:

Wings of Fire Book #12: The Hive Queen....it's out now!!

i like turtles

WoFMB: wingsoffire.scholastic.com/forums/topics/344922

SAMB: spiritanimals.scholastic.com/forums/topics/344060

39 Clues: doublecross.scholastic.com/forums/topics/344061

Small image from ios  1  19a7f48469

Brrr-cky B : admin

Sounds like you already know some things you need to practice like muscle definitions and working in features like scars. Those are tough advanced details that a lot of artists struggle with. I mean, just look at how many artists struggle with drawing hands. I constantly hide hands in pockets or behind random floating objects just to avoid drawing them. They're the worst.

I'd bet what you're doing is pretty awesome already because you're actually going for it and trying. Keep practicing and building your characters and stories, you're clearly a very creative person :) 

• Posted at:

Wings of Fire Book #12: The Hive Queen....it's out now!!

i like turtles

WoFMB: wingsoffire.scholastic.com/forums/topics/344922

SAMB: spiritanimals.scholastic.com/forums/topics/344060

39 Clues: doublecross.scholastic.com/forums/topics/344061

tsunamininja5

Thanks everyone! And thanks for the tips, Becky! :D

• Posted at:

- Lahash -

Also known as Samurai

Est. January 2014

Black Belt

Super Saiyan