Come free to us

We're all under the upper hand

#NKT

Thumbnail avatar 17e80c08a7

brownlynx107

So is this a forumfic?

Can I make them? Should they look like:

Hacking into Heroics

You live in a virtual reality world called Digital. You can customize your appearance, your outfit, and your age. Everything is in VR, and you don't even know what the real world looks like anymore. Only a few people do. You can get anything you need out of the VR machines: nutrients, hydration, etc. Your society is one, with no countries, no wars, and no problems... except for one. 

Throughout the past hundred or so years, Hackers have been made into heroes; they help people with issues, destroy online crime, and are the modern policemen. But the problem is, there are only twelve of them. And they have all been shut down. 

Nobody in the House of Kings of Digital is doing anything, and even more serious there have been coordinated attacks. You and a group of kids from your VR school decide to do something about it. You're all talented in the arts of Hacking and scour the online world... but will you be able to get the (insert name of evil hackers here) before they get you?

Rules: (Tiger you should change this if you think anything should be added)

Standard rules apply, no one too OP, etc.

We have the right to deny people.

put 'Hacked' in other

(If this is a forumfic we should add that they are themselves)

Saves last 3 days.

* means that it's optional

LGBTQ+ allowed or not? I'm ok with it.

Form:

Name:

*Nickname:

*Sexuality:

Basic personality:

dislikes:

How do they make decisions:

Basic appearance:

Hair color and style:

Eye color and shape:

Body physique, height and weight:

Outfit:

Other:

Good?

• Posted at:

Please tell us why you'd like to report this post

Arl

(He/him)

Forum bro: Tiger

Dead 5 times.

The worst things in life

Come free to us

#NKT

Thumbnail avatar 1676635733

dragondolphin2613

I am perfectly fine with you making it.

I like your Intro, and the rules look good, and make sure you put LGBTQA+ is allowed.

Forumfic should do for the format, and I feel like maybe there are only going to be 12 spots since in the intro it said the twelve hackers have been shut down.

For the word rules, you should maybe make the font +2 or +4 bigger and maybe bold and italize it, making it different than the title, Hacking into Heroics, but it is still noticable comparing to the intro.

I think that resaves should be added and last 2 days.

The form looks good, but I reccomend the fonts Terminal and Andale Mono because they look tech like.

• Posted at:

↰↱!Gə

Forum Bros with Arl!

“In times of darkness, conjure Lumos. - Tiger

Founder and Editor of the SAMB Forum Newspaper.

Sebastian, Camelia, Resha, Markus.

brownlynx107

Also what is the name of the evil hackers?

• Posted at:

Arl

(He/him)

Dead 5 times.

The worst things in life

Come free to us

#NKT

brownlynx107

Thanks, I wasn't sure if you were a supporter of LGBTQ+ (like me) and I didn't want to assume anything.

Sounds good man! I'll make it right now!

• Posted at:

Arl

(He/him)

Dead 5 times.

The worst things in life

Come free to us

#NKT

dragondolphin2613

Just saw the thread, and I used my alt (FighterFlame) to save a spot. Making the form now.

What do you think of the MASKED as the bad hackers name?

Maybe they could always wear a mask, and thats how they are easily identified as the bad hackers, but because of hte masks, no one knows who their aliases are.

I am a supporter of LGBTQA+ somewhat, its complicated, if you are curious why I said somewhat just ask, I just don't want to offend anyone.

• Posted at:

↰↱!Gə

Forum Bros with Arl!

brownlynx107

Great, thanks. 

I say your character and I'm a little confused. I thought we were doing a forumfic? 

Anyway, I'm not too curious, I'm just a strong supporter, but I respect people who don't.

• Posted at:

Arl

(He/him)

Dead 5 times.

The worst things in life

Come free to us

#NKT

dragondolphin2613

Your welcome.

Oh yeah, sorry, my bad. When we write it, can you just make sure for him to be called Tiger? We are working on it together, right? 

I am the same way; everyone has their opinions, and the right to speak for them unless they are being rude and pushy.

• Posted at:

↰↱!Gə

Forum Bros with Arl!

brownlynx107

Yee, I was thinking we could alternate parts of the story and post them on here for each other to critique. Sounds perfect!

• Posted at:

Arl

(He/him)

Dead 5 times.

The worst things in life

Come free to us

#NKT

dragondolphin2613

Sounds good!

I have this really good idea for the first Chapter, would you mind if I do it and post it on here? Feel free to change up parts of it.

• Posted at:

↰↱!Gə

Forum Bros with Arl!

brownlynx107

Yeah, go ahead! Also you can mod the sign up thread too if you want.

• Posted at:

Arl

(He/him)

Dead 5 times.

The worst things in life

Come free to us

#NKT

brownlynx107

herro

• Posted at:

Arl

(He/him)

Dead 5 times.

The worst things in life

Come free to us

#NKT

dragondolphin2613

Ok, that sounds good, I will try my best to make time xD.

Also, Happy New Years! It's 2019!

I dunno if you have played Marvel's Spider-Man PS4, but there is this "organized gang" called the Demons, and they all wear Demon masks, I was thinking that the bad hackers can be called "The Masked" and be kinda inspired by them, the Hackers (what I came up for the good hackers) recognize them because they all wear masks of some sort, but no one knows what is their real/citizen identity because of the masks.

Chapter 1 is almost done, I will post it on here tomorrow.

• Posted at:

↰↱!Gə

Forum Bros with Arl!

brownlynx107

Happy New Year to you too!

I haven't played, but yeah. Sounds good!

I'll post my character on this thread?

• Posted at:

Arl

(He/him)

Dead 5 times.

The worst things in life

Come free to us

#NKT

dragondolphin2613

Thanks!

Oh ok. Also, I know that the setting is basically RP1 where everyone has headsets. I mentioned in the first chapter when I was writing it that almost everyone wears their VR Headset day and night, everyone except the members of the House of Kings (whom you have mentioned in the "intro" of the sign-up thread), the Hackers, and the Masked.

Sounds good! Also, what I like to do when writing forumfics is make a document and copy and paste all the forms there, and have that on the left or right side of my screen when I write on a different document file.

• Posted at:

↰↱!Gə

Forum Bros with Arl!

brownlynx107

Perfect! I'm excited to see it.

Name: Arl

*Nickname: Arl

*Sexuality: Straight

Basic personality: Stubborn, quick to fight and reckless. I'm actually kind of fearless, but... reckless. Kinda disloyal too. I'm kinda cheeky with my friends and make the occasional witty comment when I can think of it. I'm creative and both really head stuck in the clouds or down to earth. Creativity's probably my biggest quality. I can be brutally, brutally honest.

Likes: Building/fixing things, nature, music, fighting, sailing, dancing

dislikes: Annoying people, patience, crowds, I'm photo shy, 

How do they make decisions: If it gets me food. Or if I'm sentimental or directly helping someone I like or myself. Sometimes I'll flip a coin, or just for the greater good.

Basic appearance:I'm pretty average, with a mischevous smile I have black messy hair and light blue eyes, a defined jawline, a perky nose, and ears that stick out a little. I also have a ring on my middle finger.

Hair color and style: Black, messy and curly/wavy. Sort of whimsical looking, It flops in front of my eyes sometimes. 

Eye color and shape: Light electric blue and wide spaced.

Body physique, height, weight: Sort of average build and slightly taller, I'm almost 5' 8'' and I weigh a little less than 120 pounds. 

Outfit: I'm sometimes wearing a snapback hat. I wear some shirt with a varsity style jacket with one black sleeve, one white, or a black and purple hoodie. I wear usually jeans, sometimes, ripped, and timberlands or hightop converse.

Other: Hackeddddd

• Posted at:

Arl

(He/him)

Dead 5 times.

The worst things in life

Come free to us

#NKT

brownlynx107

hurro herro

• Posted at:

Arl

(He/him)

Dead 5 times.

The worst things in life

Come free to us

#NKT

dragondolphin2613

I have been busy, but the chapter will probably need only a couple hours of work and it should be done by tomorrow night the latest. Sorry for keeping you waiting.

Btw your character is sick man!

• Posted at:

↰↱!Gə

Forum Bros with Arl!

brownlynx107

No problem! Thanks dude.

On a completely different, unrelated note, how's it going?

• Posted at:

Arl

(He/him)

Dead 5 times.

The worst things in life

Come free to us

#NKT

dragondolphin2613

I am pretty good, what about you?

Here is what I got for Chapter 1 so far before getting to a couple days where I barely had any time at all:

(I wasn't able to add any Hackers (the good guys) in the Chapter yet)

Huang Yan shifted his mask uncomfortably. He felt bad for his minions who wore it day and night. Normally, his minions will be tackling the job, but this time, the job was too important for him to leave with them.

He slowly climbed out of the jet black van, surrounded by half a dozen bodyguards clad in black suits. He nodded at the group, and they all took out their grapplers, shooting to the top of the building.

The architecture was splendid, even someone with tastes as peculiar as Yan’s could tell. The building, Karner Theater, was often visited by rich individuals of Digital city, whom were mostly a members of the House of Kings, the rare few who did not wear their headset day and night. Them, the Hackers, and the Masked.

Yan earnestly hoped that the Hackers wouldn’t interfere tonight, even though he has had an almost neverending desire to disband them, he wanted to prove to them that he could do something so big as kidnap 5 of the 8 members of the House of Kings in a movie theater, and it would be a load easier without interference.

During his moment of thoughts, his soldiers had brandished laser cutters and has cut a circular hole in the steel roof.

“After you,” Yan said politely, knowing that he wouldn’t want to be the first down there if there was interference, or worse, armed resistance.

After the first two soldiers repelled down, they both took out USBs and plugged them into the nearest computers. The computers immediately turned on and showed a firewall protection popup, but was also about to sound the alarm for intruders. 

Yan immediately brandished a sword, a modified USB as the hilt and a holographic blade that could break through almost any firewall.

The USB sword also disarmed the alarm sounder from the two computers, and each soldier took out their own, and opened up computers, plugging in their hacking USB and slicing through the firewall with the holographic blade.

He considered the alarms virtually unable to be sounded, when one of his men ran into a trip mine and screamed. 

The building started to go into lockdown mode, and they were about to be sealed shut in a room where electric coils erupted from all directions when one of the men who remained in the van hacked into the security system and withdrew all security measures.

Yan anxiously wiped his sweaty brow

• Posted at:

↰↱!Gə

Forum Bros with Arl!

dragondolphin2613

what do you think of it

• Posted at:

↰↱!Gə

Forum Bros with Arl!

brownlynx107

Wow. That's actually a really good intro idea :). Probably my favorite thing is the way it sets the scene. Here are my edits:

Huang Yan shifted his mask uncomfortably. He felt bad for his minions who wore it day and night. Normally, his minions would be tackling the job, but this time it was too important to him.

He carefully climbed out of the jet black van; surrounded by half a dozen bodyguards clad in black suits. He nodded at the group. They all took out their grapplers, aiming and shooting to the top of the building. Since nobody ever went outside, there were very little security precautions outside the building.

The architecture was splendid; even someone with tastes as peculiar as Yan’s could tell. Masses of acrylic and dark concrete-like substances peaked at a hundred feet. It rose taller than the surrounding buildings, all made of sharp angles and elegant lines. The building, Karner Theater, was often visited by rich individuals of Digital city, who were mostly members of the House of Kings, the rare few who did not wear their headset day and night. Them, the Hackers, and the Masked.

Yan earnestly hoped that the Hackers wouldn’t interfere tonight; even though he's had an almost never-ending desire to disband them, he wanted to prove to them that he could do something as big as kidnapping 5 of the 8 members of the House of Kings in a movie theater. Which, of course, would be a lot easier without interference.

When they were on the roof, his soldiers had brandished laser cutters and cut a circular hole in the roof.

“After you,” Yan said politely, knowing that he wouldn’t want to be the first down there. There was the possibility of an interference, or worse, armed resistance.

After the first two soldiers repelled down, they took out USBs and plugged them into the nearest ports. The computers embedded in the walls immediately turned on and showed a firewall protection popup, but was also about to sound the alarm for intruders.

Yan immediately brandished a sword, a modified USB as the hilt and a holographic blade that could break through almost any firewall. He’s customized the appearance to look like a fantasy katana, similar to the ones Samurais would use thousands of years ago. The USB sword also disarmed the alarm sounder from the two computers. Each soldier took out their own and opened up computers, plugging in their modified hacking USBs and slicing through the firewall with the holographic blade.

He considered the alarms virtually unable to be sounded when one of his men ran into a trip mine and screamed. Stupid old fashioned traps, Yan cursed. The building started to go into lockdown mode, and the room they were in was about to be sealed shut when electric coils erupted from all directions. One of the men who remained in the van had hacked into the security system and withdrew all security lockdowns.

Yan anxiously wiped his sweaty brow.

• Posted at:

Arl

(He/him)

Dead 5 times.

The worst things in life

Come free to us

#NKT

dragondolphin2613

Thanks for your edits, and sorry it took so long. I just wasn't able to post it just yet because I haven't been active these past few days. Would you mind adding some of the Hackers in it, unless the intro/Chapter 1/prologue should be bad guys only.

I like your description of the building, it really suits my idea of the theater I created in my head.

• Posted at:

↰↱!Gə

Forum Bros with Arl!

brownlynx107

Hhhhhh my post won't go through

• Posted at:

Arl

(He/him)

Dead 5 times.

The worst things in life

Come free to us

#NKT

dragondolphin2613

up

• Posted at:

↰↱!Gə

Forum Bros with Arl!

brownlynx107

Thanks! I write really slow too, so expect some sluggishness from me too :D. 

I actually really like the idea of this. Maybe that could be either chapter 1/ the prologue, and the next chapter would be the hackers freaking out a few days later when the heist was pulled off, then the next would be all of us at school, talking to each other and setting the normal day scene. 

What do you think?

• Posted at:

Arl

(He/him)

Dead 5 times.

The worst things in life

Come free to us

#NKT

dragondolphin2613

Thanks! I just made a finishing sentence for the "Yan wiped his sweaty brow" or something like that below:

Yan wiped his sweaty bro in satisfaction; one of his spies just contacted him through the com (You might have heard of these if you have watched Star Wars or some spy movies if not, you can look it up) currently lodged in his right ear. The man said that the Hackers were currently dealing with the diversion they had created as a precaution...

I like your plan, but perhaps the Hackers could go to a regular school but they have special classes that are more oriented toward their role in the group, and maybe some lessons for the whole group, instead of taking the regular classes everyone else has. Sorry if I sounded pushy.

• Posted at:

↰↱!Gə

Forum Bros with Arl!

dragondolphin2613

up

• Posted at:

↰↱!Gə

Forum Bros with Arl!

brownlynx107

Love the add on dude! I'll add it to my google doc.

Just a clarification: I thought the Hackers were adults? and we were just normal kids? Then all the 'elite' kids would have special classes? 

It's good, actually, because if both of us were just like, "no, you can decide!" then we'd never get anything done XD

• Posted at:

Arl

(He/him)

Dead 5 times.

The worst things in life

Come free to us

#NKT

dragondolphin2613

Anytime!

Oh, I guess I got confused. I thought the Hackers were the special kids, but if the characters were the normal kids, does that mean that they don't do any hacking or they do later on? Sorry for the complication.

Oh ok, I just don't want to go around making people feel like I'm bossy xD.

• Posted at:

↰↱!Gə

Forum Bros with Arl!

brownlynx107

I thought that there were the house of Kings, the Hackers- who help the HoK to function and are like the policemen, and the elite kids who hack in to the systems and try to help the hackers after they've been shut down

• Posted at:

Arl

(He/him)

Dead 5 times.

The worst things in life

Come free to us

#NKT

dragondolphin2613

Oh ok, that makes a lot more sense! We can just go with that then.

• Posted at:

↰↱!Gə

Forum Bros with Arl!

brownlynx107

Awesome! I'm working on the chapter where they're at school right now.

• Posted at:

Arl

(He/him)

Dead 5 times.

The worst things in life

Come free to us

#NKT

dragondolphin2613

Sorry, but I just got (another) idea.

Maybe the kids used to used the VR headsets almost everyone has, but they heard about the Hackers and were inspired by their good deeds, and modified their VR Headsets to be able to hack things...simply an idea.

• Posted at:

↰↱!Gə

Forum Bros with Arl!

brownlynx107

Chapter 1

September

“Hey Tiger,” Rune tapped him on the shoulder. They stood in front of the school buildings. The weather was programmed to be a warm day so the clouds were kept at a minimum. A light breeze ruffled the tips of Tiger’s blue hair. The automated sun shone through the translucent green leaves. “What’s up?”

“Well, school has started back up,” Tiger smiled as they walked to the masses of kids in front of the doors. “That’s always a problem.”

“Agreed, but have you heard about the kidnapping?” Rune asked anxiously. It was a topic that had been circulating throughout the past few days.

“Woah,” Arl stumbled out from a knot of kids and winked. “It’s okay, he woke up.” That gained an eye roll from Rune and a snort from Tiger.

The bell rang, and the school doors opened.

“Catch you later!” Tiger shouted to the other two before they headed off to their separate classes. Arl waved and flipped up his hood. Rune just smiled and walked off.

Weaving through masses of kids at their lockers, Rune made her way to a small room, far off and at the back of the building. Ignoring the sign on the door that said “DO NOT ENTER”, she quietly slipped through it to an even smaller room, with three desks and chairs. This was an advanced class or ‘elite’ as it is rumoured to exist throughout the school. Two other students were in this class: Hunter and Samurai. They were the only elite class...that they knew of.

Samurai was already there. She glanced over at Rune, her dark blue eyes blackened in the dim light. Rune and Samurai had always gotten along, and despite Samurai’s curt personality, Rune knew that she disliked confined spaces. This wasn’t the best location for a lesson.

“Hey, Sam,” Rune said, dropping her backpack next to her desk. Samurai nodded in response, and Rune smiled. Hunter arrived a few seconds after, and he got out his computer and headphones. He greeted Samurai and Rune and sat down, drumming his shoes against the damp concrete floor.

“Are we going to have class?” Samurai asked, getting several confused looks from the other two.

“I think so, I mean we have class every day,” Hunter looked at Samurai for a better explanation.

“Think about it. Our class is taught by a Hacker. Mr. Dawson is probably looking into the kidnapping. Even though there are 12 of the Hackers, this was a huge kidnapping. 6 Kings got taken.” She said, closing her computer. “And it’s 15 minutes past the starting time.”

Rune blinked. She hadn’t thought about that possibility.

“We should probably stay here, just in case. We can wait for another 15 minutes then we should ask the principal.” Rune offered. Samurai and Hunter both agreed.

Samurai was the first student to realize that the ‘elite’ classes had no teacher. In the next 10 minutes, two more elite classes made the same discovery.

• Posted at:

Arl

(He/him)

Dead 5 times.

The worst things in life

Come free to us

#NKT

dragondolphin2613

That's really good man!

Nice job!

And btw, can I make the "Story" thread where the chapters are posted? We can take turns posting chapters if you want.

• Posted at:

↰↱!Gə

Forum Bros with Arl!

brownlynx107

That sounds like a good idea! But how would they have hacked their headsets from inside VR?

Chapter 1 in incoming, and I hope it's ok that I set the year and the month.

• Posted at:

Arl

(He/him)

Dead 5 times.

The worst things in life

Come free to us

#NKT

brownlynx107

Yeah, go ahead bro!

• Posted at:

Arl

(He/him)

Dead 5 times.

The worst things in life

Come free to us

#NKT

brownlynx107

How would they do that inside the VR world? It sounds like a good idea!

I have the first chapter almost done, it's kinda long so should I send in the 1st part?

• Posted at:

Arl

(He/him)

Dead 5 times.

The worst things in life

Come free to us

#NKT

The order on these posts got messed

• Posted at: