Is this any fun?

Thumbnail avatar 1676635733

dragondolphin2613

Basically, this is a writing prompt contest. I will give you either a word or a couple sentences as your prompt, and in the next week's thread, I will say who won and add their paragraph or so to that thread. Post your prompts for each week on that week's thread, please.

Your first prompt will be a single word:

THUNDER.

Good luck!

• Posted at:

Please tell us why you'd like to report this post

↰↱!Gə

Forum Bros with Arl!

“In times of darkness, conjure Lumos. - Tiger

Founder and Editor of the SAMB Forum Newspaper.

Sebastian, Camelia, Resha, Markus.

Thumbnail avatar 8026f974b5

tsunamininja5

I would love to participate in this, but my writing is too dark for the filter. :/

• Posted at:

- Lahash -

Also known as Samurai

Est. January 2014

Author of the Path of Legends series - coming 2020!

"Fear not in this Time of Chaos, this War of Darkness. For on the horizon, there shines a light, a light brighter than any before . . ."

dragondolphin2613

@Samurai

Try something more lighthearted then...maybe it will help you get over your crush xD.

• Posted at:

↰↱!Gə

Forum Bros with Arl!

Thumbnail avatar 8026f974b5

tsunamininja5

I can try lighthearted . . . emphasis on try. o_o

• Posted at:

- Lahash -

Also known as Samurai

Est. January 2014

Author of the Path of Legends series - coming 2020!

"Fear not in this Time of Chaos, this War of Darkness. For on the horizon, there shines a light, a light brighter than any before . . ."

Wait........ what do we do? Do we use the word or is the post about thunder?

• Posted at:

Owl Percyjacksonous Taco

Also here with,

Luna 

Luka

Nicki

Thumbnail avatar 67ce42604f

elfbrain270

Thunder. Why was this so complicated? I mean, in a world where everyone is controlled by it, it should be an easy concept. Not for Cassie Grace. 

She stared out her window at the raging storm outside. What was it like to be free? If you got out of line, something bad would happen involving the Storms that tore up our Earth when she was a baby. Does it have something to do with her? 

"Cassie," the Headmistress of the orphanage said, "get downstairs, you know the drill." 

Great, she thought, getting up from out of the tiny desk chair she liked to call her own, here we go again. 

((I HAD TO))

• Posted at:

twice as strong

still alive

we've made it this far

we know how to survive

~mills

Thumbnail avatar 78fd0cb33b

wolfwerewolf17219

lay there just bored. Bored out of my mind.

CLASH! BANG! BOOM!

The thunder roared like a lion almost teasing my to strike my house with lightning.

Would you stop!?

There was a knock on the door. I froze.

Who would be out at this hour in the rain?

They knocked again but harder. 

I was still in uter(how do u spell it?) shock i couldn't move.

They went even harder it sounded like they could bring the whole house down with their fist.

I slowly got up from my bed and slowly went down the stairs.

My whole body was shaking head to toe. 

I grabbed the door knob and opened the door slowly.

Two men in a black suit.

Why the heck are they here?

"Uuuhh, can i help you with something?" I asked slowly grabbing pocket knife in my pocket.

"Heather SilverHeart, you are coming with us."

He grabbed my wrist.

"Ah! Let me go! Why are you taking me?!" I brought my knife up and stabbed him in the arm.

I slammed the door close.

The wind was howling like a wolf and getting stronger each second. The door whirled opened and a big gust of wind came in the house and swept me off my feet.

What is happening!

Lightning suddenly struck the house. Lights bulb flickered out exploding in sparks turning the whole house to a black nightmare.

I got up and tried to navigate through the house but i could barely do it. I found the stairwell and quickly but careful climbed up the stairs. Then, i hid under my bed.

I could here the wooden floorboards creeking as the men walked in.

"Ohhhh, Heather.... You want to play hide and seek....?"

• Posted at:

(Sister)

Darmidnight

a

w

night

acApTiAMaRvEl

With..BlackWing, Willin,Amber Eye, and..ugh my flipside Midnight

I play

Soccer

Tennis

Football

Fencing

Archery

My dream

pro soccer player

to go to west point

an author

If you believe, you can do it!

dragondolphin2613

@Owl

The word Thunder is supposed to inspire a short story, a couple of creative sentences, etc.

• Posted at:

↰↱!Gə

Forum Bros with Arl!

Okay thx! (i'm bad at this)

BOOM! Thunder crashed outside my bedroom door. I rushed to my little sisters room to find her lying in the corner. 

"Jason, i'm scared." She hid uner a blanket. I sat down next to her and said, "Hey, it's gonna be alright sis." 

She smiled at me and rested on my shoulder. I guess i really do have power inside me. At least to her, i'm her superhero.

• Posted at:

Owl Percyjacksonous Taco

Also here with,

Luna 

Luka

Nicki

Thumbnail avatar a64f4fa3e1

creativescarlet16

She tightens the laces of her sandals and

Races across the vast stretch of sky.

Her feet skims the clouds as she dashes away

From greedy hands and hungered eyes.

Panicked, she burns as brightly as day-

He aims a strike at her with all his might.

The clouds turn to fire and rain pours away

As electricity streaks through the sky.

He could not keep his hold on the sylph,

Her departure he only delayed.

So in rage and anger he screams aloud

And his thundering is still heard today.

• Posted at:

R E M E M B E R T H E L O S T 

*yEETS AWAY*

"I thought mascara was a fish"-Galaxian

"Make an insect AU and they're all fruit flies"- Ishmael

"Brussels sprouts are just delicious earth meatballs"-Becky

Deviantart is LivVirtual

Thumbnail avatar 1032e350c7

athenabird158

Rain poured down against her back. It was unfair- the skies were clear when she'd left for the cafe. When she checked the weather his morning, she was positive it had called the day, "partly cloudy." 

Partly cloudly? That was a cute idea.

Thunder boomed across the sky. She cursed under breathe as she began to walk faster. Water seeped into her worn combat boots and dripped from her soaking hair. She kept her arms crossed, and her head down, attempting to keep her precious journal safe.

Lightning flashed, illuminating the streets. She was almost home. She imagined the apartment, her warm and dry apartment. the thought encouraged her to move faster. Her socks were soaked now, and the wind had thrown wet locks in her face. 

Finally, she reached her apartment just as thunder crashed again. In a vain attempt not to track wet footprints through the lobby, she dragged her boots against the carpet outside her building. After a moment, she gave up and simply ran for the elevator. She didn't want to leave a mess. 

Luckily for her, a family was exiting the elevator went she got there. They, unlike her, had umbrellas. They hurried past her, and she hurried into the elevator. 

After a few excruciating moments, the elevator reached her floor. She scurried out of the elevator before she could she see the puddle she'd created. A few steps and her hand was knocking against wood. The door opened, and she was immediately embraced. She melted into the hug, taking a deep whiff of sandalwood. 

"Natalia, Nat, Nat oh my god why would you walk in this weather? Are you okay? You're soaking wet." 

Natalia stepped back from the hug but kept her hands on her boyfriend's arms."Leo, I'm okay. Yes, I'm wet but I'm okay." A knot of guilt formed in her gut.  She hated making Leo anxious. 

Leo took a deep breath."I made you a cup of tea, lavender tea. And I filled the tub up."  

Natalia smiled. "I love you."

Leo gave her a soft grin."I love you too. Even when you get stuck in thunderstorms." 

• Posted at:

Lιʋʋ Sɯα

ϝҽɱαʅҽ/ƈαɳƈҽɾ/ʂαɱҽɾ ʂιɳƈҽ 2014

#ɯσʅʋ

#ԋυɾɾιƈαɳҽ

ι ʅσʋҽ, ʅιƙҽ ƚԋҽ ɱσσɳ ʅσʋҽʂ ƚԋҽ ҽαɾƚԋ

dragondolphin2613

Up

• Posted at:

↰↱!Gə

Forum Bros with Arl!

wolfwerewolf17219

OOOOHH i want to know who won RLLY BADLY!

• Posted at:

(Sister)

Darmidnight

a

w

night

acApTiAMaRvEl

I play

Soccer

Tennis

Football

Fencing

Archery

My dream

pro soccer player

to go to west point

an author

dragondolphin2613

You have 5 more days to revise your short stories or submit a new one...

• Posted at:

↰↱!Gə

Forum Bros with Arl!

Thumbnail avatar d9268bcca1

dragonflyhawk130

Lightning flashed across the moonless sky, illuminating the dark, skeletal branches of the leafless trees in the shadowy forest. Thunder boomed, louder than before, seeming to shake the ground with its power. The girl flinched back against the large oak trunk, wishing more than anything that she hadn't chosen that day to run away from home. Her backpack lay abandoned on the wet earth beside her, its once bright blue surface streaked with mud. She whimpered as another blast of thunder shook the world and a burst of wind rattled the branches of the old trees. She knew she couldn't stay there forever. The storm was right overhead and it was more dangerous to stay under the trees than to leave them. She stood up slowly, the scratches on her legs from the thornbushes she had climbed through stinging with pain. She picked up the sodden backpack, her wet t-shirt clinging to her ribs and moved slowly through the rain, flinching each time lighting flashed across the sky. She walked with her head down, rain and tears mingling as they slid down her face. Another flash of lightning lit up the sky and just ahead, she could see the dark silhouette of a house ahead. As the thunder shook the ground, she decided to make a run for it. She darted across the ground, slick, wet leaves slipping underneath her feet. She reached the porch of the old house and froze, unsure of what to do next. As she looked closer at the house, she realized it was old, probably from the early 1900s, dilapidated and falling apart. No one lived here, no one living, at least. It looked like the sort of house that was haunted, filled with ghosts after being abandoned for a hundred years or more. Cautiously, she pushed the door open and stepped inside. She was in a front room, with only a small table missing a leg as furniture. Straight ahead lay a staircase covered in cobwebs and there were openings where doors had once hung on either side. There was also a hole in the roof, right in the middle of the room letting light in. The only problem was that there had been no light, other than the flashes of lightning outside. She walked further in, her heart beating fast in her chest, her breath catching with fear. She stopped in the center of the room and looked up at the hole. A bright light, not quite like lightning flashed, blinding her. Then, a sinister voice spoke.

"Ah, Thunderer. We've been waiting for you to join us." Her vision cleared just enough for her to see a horde of pale shapes swooping toward her. She tried to run but her legs gave out and she let out a desperate scream... and everything went black.  

• Posted at:

Call me Dawn!

Female

~Queen of Books~

Homethread @349256

Library Nerd!

#Avidreader

#Lockwood&Co.

#SixofCrows

Weekly Quote:

"Be a voice, not an echo." - Unknown

wolfwerewolf17219

bump

• Posted at:

(Sister)

Darmidnight

a

w

night

acApTiAMaRvEl

I play

Soccer

Tennis

Football

Fencing

Archery

My dream

pro soccer player

to go to west point

an author

wolfwerewolf17219

bump. Tommorow our posts are going to be judged! Yay!!!

• Posted at:

(Sister)

Darmidnight

a

w

night

acApTiAMaRvEl

I play

Soccer

Tennis

Football

Fencing

Archery

My dream

pro soccer player

to go to west point

an author

wolfwerewolf17219

Tiger, it is today you shall judge our posts!!!! YAYAYAYAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Posted at:

(Sister)

Darmidnight

a

w

night

acApTiAMaRvEl

I play

Soccer

Tennis