Should I go on?

Thumbnail avatar daaff2d27b

dinosaurjade212

Chapter 1: Frost

How is it like to be an outlaw? 

You can ask me. I know the answer, even though I'm only sixteen. 

For me, it's not too good, not too bad. It could be worse, though. 

Do you think it got worse? 

Eh. It got both worse and better the day I met Kenoro. 

"Hey, you!" 

I bolted down the street, cursing under my breath. How were those guards so fast in that clunky armor? 

Well, I really didn't feel like stopping and asking the guards. Instead, I just kept running. I dared to turn my head to see how far behind the guards were, and just my luck. A few more strides, and they could impale me with their spears. 

Well, not today. 

I took a running start, and swerved and jumped onto the roof of a nearby stall. The stallkeeper yelled as my feet landed squarely in the center of the tan tarp. I ignored him, and bounced up. I clung to the way with clammy fingers, my feet threatening to slip and deposit me right into the arms of the guards. 

I reached up for another handhold, and felt relief rushing through my bones when my fingers latched onto a brick that was sticking out of the wall. I mustered all my strength, then grabbed the same handhold with my other hand and vaulted myself onto the Great Wall. The guards below shouted something I couldn't quite figure out, mainly because I was running. 

I dove into a watchtower, and just crouched there until I was sure that the guards were gone. After all, there was no way onto the wall anymore. It was long gone, just like everything else I had ever loved in my life. 

• Posted at:

Please tell us why you'd like to report this post

~Tsunami~/>Torchlight (My flipside)< 

Lucian 

Pukwudgie 

Greencloak 

IceWing 

Ravenclaw 

I like random stuff. I also like fluffehness. Don't judge. 

You have my permission to call me weird. 

I don't know what else I should say. 

Thumbnail avatar d9c8395ad6

werewolfchicken128

ahhh! I love it! This is brilliant!

• Posted at:

~Flammable spike ~

AKA Talisey chicken or weirdo

flipside: Shade

RainWing Dragon

heart of fire

Soul of ice

I am not mean

but I am not nice

Slytherin

Spirit Animal: Phantom the wolf

dinosaurjade212

Thanks for the feedback! The more you like it, I advise that you post more 'I like it's, since I am usually really lazy and only bother to post when there's positive feedback. 

• Posted at:

Lucian 

Pukwudgie 

Greencloak 

IceWing 

Ravenclaw 

dinosaurjade212

Chapter 2: Kenoro

"Hey, little bird." 

I sat in a chair next to my bedroom window, my back end sinking into the blue cushion. I had my head rested on my hands, which were in turn, resting on the windowsill. A bird hopped around on the other side of the glass. I sighed. If being the heir to the throne meant that I had to be stuck in the palace forever without getting to go outside without one of my parents or the royal guard supervising me, I didn't like it. 

The bird cocked its head and stared straight at me. It tapped against the glass, and I suddenly realized that this was a bluefeather. These should have all gone south to the barren grasslands about two weeks ago. Why was this one still here? 

I looked around. I stood up, and walked over to the door. I locked it, then walked back over to the window and opened it. The wind blasted me like a flock of roughly two trillion eagles were flapping their wings at once, in the same direction. 

"Agh!" I waited for the bluefeather's talons to click down on the polished wooden floor, then slammed the window back down. I then turned and looked around my room. I sighed. Dried leaves and twigs decorated the room, sort of matching the outdoors. 

I then thought of how I would look after that. I rushed over to the vanity, and stared in the mirror. Aw, great. 

My onyx black hair was usually nearly shoulder-length, curving into the edges of my face, but not now. It looked like I'd walked through a tornado. 

Muttering fiercely under my breath, I patted my hair down and washed my face in my room's well. I dried myself off, then went searching for the bluefeather. 

"Hey, little bluefeather, where are you?" I softly called. I then heard a click from above my head, and looked to up to see the bluefeather perching in a ceiling rafter. 

"Aw, come on." I complained. The bluefeather seemed to enjoy my frustration, because it plopped itself down on the beam, and chirped at me. 

I backed up, then took a running start. I jumped, and kicked upwards off the wall. I reached up and grabbed the nearest ceiling rafter, then pulled myself up. I balanced my feet precariously on the narrow beam, then reached out with one hand and scooped up the bluefeather. I couldn't help but grin when I felt my feet hit the floor. I would trade anything, even being a prince, for a lifetime of adventure. 

• Posted at:

Lucian 

Pukwudgie 

Greencloak 

IceWing 

Ravenclaw 

dinosaurjade212

"Hey, little bird." 

I sat in a chair next to my bedroom window, my rear end sinking into the blue cushion. I had my head rested on my hands, which were in turn, resting on the windowsill. A bird hopped around on the other side of the glass. I sighed. If being the heir to the throne meant that I had to be stuck in the palace forever without getting to go outside without one of my parents or the royal guard supervising me, I didn't like it. 

The bird cocked its head and stared straight at me. It tapped against the glass, and I suddenly realized that this was a bluefeather. These should have all gone south to the barren grasslands about two weeks ago. Why was this one still here? 

I looked around. I stood up, and walked over to the door. I locked it, then walked back over to the window and opened it. The wind blasted me like a flock of roughly two trillion eagles were flapping their wings at once, in the same direction. 

"Agh!" I waited for the bluefeather's talons to click down on the polished wooden floor, then slammed the window back down. I then turned and looked around my room. I cursed under my breath. Dried leaves and twigs decorated the room, sort of matching the outdoors. 

I then thought of how I would look after that. I rushed over to the vanity, and stared in the mirror. Aw, great. 

My onyx black hair was usually nearly shoulder-length, curving into the edges of my face, but not now. It looked like I'd walked through a tornado. 

Muttering fiercely under my breath, I patted my hair down and washed my face in my room's well. I dried myself off, then went searching for the bluefeather. 

"Hey, little bluefeather, where are you?" I softly called. I then heard a click from above my head, and looked to up to see the bluefeather perching in a ceiling rafter. 

"Aw, come on." I complained. The bluefeather seemed to enjoy my frustration, because it plopped its rear end down, and chirped at me. 

I backed up, then took a running start. I jumped, and kicked upwards off the wall. I reached up and grabbed the nearest ceiling rafter, then pulled myself up. I balanced my feet precariously on the narrow beam, then reached out with one hand and scooped up the bluefeather. I couldn't help but grin when I felt my feet hit the floor. I would trade anything, even being a prince, for a lifetime of adventure. 

• Posted at:

Lucian 

Pukwudgie 

Greencloak 

IceWing 

Ravenclaw 

dinosaurjade212

And... Of course. 

I apologize for the confusion in the chapters. I tried posting a chapter multiple times, tried editing it, thinking the autofilter was maybe going wrong, and of course... 

• Posted at:

Lucian 

Pukwudgie 

Greencloak 

IceWing 

Ravenclaw 

dinosaurjade212

"Hey, little bird." 

I felt sort of dumb as I sat in a chair next to my bedroom window, my rear end sinking into the blue cushion. I had my head rested on my hands, which were in turn, resting on the windowsill. A bird hopped around on the other side of the glass. I sighed. If being the heir to the throne meant that I had to be stuck in the palace forever without getting to go outside without one of my parents or the royal guard supervising me, I didn't like it. 

"Agh!" I waited for the bluefeather's talons to click down on the polished wooden floor, then slammed the window back down. I then turned and looked around my room. I cursed under my breath. Dried leaves and twigs decorated the room, sort of matching the outdoors. 

"Aw, come on." I complained. The bluefeather seemed to enjoy my frustration, because it plopped its rear end down, and chirped at me. 

• Posted at:

Lucian 

Pukwudgie 

Greencloak 

IceWing 

Ravenclaw 

Thumbnail avatar afef7b851f

cobrapanther473

This is really good. You should definitely go on!!!

• Posted at:

Daisy

OC's

Daisy, Goldenrod, Frost, Tamaki, Ak'wan, Aventine, Erik, Devin, Waren, Elliot, Chloe

"Stars cannot shine without DARKNESS"

dinosaurjade212

Chapter 2: Kenoro:

"Hey, little bird." 

I felt sort of stupid as I sat in a chair next to my bedroom window, my rear end sinking into the blue cushion. I had my head rested on my hands, which were in turn, resting on the windowsill. A bird hopped around on the other side of the glass. I sighed. If being the heir to the throne meant that I had to be stuck in the palace forever without getting to go outside without one of my parents or the royal guard supervising me, I didn't like it. 

I looked around. I stood up, and walked over to the door. I locked it, then walked back over to the window and opened it. The wind blasted me like a flock of roughly two trillion eagles were flapping their wings at once, in the same direction. 

I then thought of how I would look after that. I rushed over to the vanity, and stared in the mirror. Aw, great. 

"Hey, little bluefeather, where are you?" I softly called. I then heard a click from above my head, and looked to up to see the bluefeather perching in a ceiling rafter. 

I backed up, then took a running start. I jumped, and kicked upwards off the wall. I reached up and grabbed the nearest ceiling rafter, then pulled myself up. I balanced my feet precariously on the narrow beam, then reached out with one hand and scooped up the bluefeather. I couldn't help but grin when I felt my feet hit the floor. I would trade anything, even being a prince, for a lifetime of adventure. 

• Posted at:

Lucian 

Pukwudgie 

Greencloak 

IceWing 

Ravenclaw 

dinosaurjade212

Chapter 3: Frost

Usually, my days start out with someone yelling, "Thief!" or "Criminal!" or "Hey, you!" or something like that, and I'm getting chased by the royal guard or the stallkeeper who I just stole bread or cheese from. 

But today, the first thing someone said to me did not lead to a chase. 

I pressed my thumb against my palm. If I did this wrong... I would be going hungry for the day. 

The moment the Seventh Circle lady was in front of the stack of hay, I leaped out, scattering yellow straw everywhere, and grabbed a loaf of bread from her basket. I whirled around and ran as fast as I could as she yelled something. Probably, "Thief!" 

Well, I didn't care. 

I ran until I was safe in an alleyway, between two sections of the Great Wall, which separated the Seventh Circle homes and the market. 

I heard footsteps, and flinched, expecting to feel cold metal chill my skin as guards wrapped their fingers around my arms. 

Instead, I heard a voice. 

"Hey, it's okay to come out, now." 

I turned my head back around, and looked into the face of Prince Kenoro, the heir to the throne of Estrea. 

He looked genuinely concerned. He had the pale skin that marked all Estreans, as no one had had darker skin for centuries, not since the destruction of Aurrelia. His onyx black hair curved gently over his forehead and into the edges of his face, coming down to slightly above his shoulders. His onyx black eyes pierced deep into my soul. I felt fear prickle my skin. He wore the typical blue and green of royalty. Was he going to turn me in? 

"Get away." I told him, backing up. He came closer. "It's okay. I gave that lady gold to make up for what you stole." He looked me up and down, the slightest of a smile on his face. "Say, you're that outlaw." 

"That's me." I said bluntly. He cocked his head and opened his mouth to say something when a voice yelled, "Your Highness!" 

I jumped up and hid behind a boulder as the prince sighed. "Coming!" 

Then, he turned, and rushed back into the market. 

I was just stiff with fear, and even curiosity. Why hadn't he turned me in? 

• Posted at:

Lucian 

Pukwudgie 

Greencloak 

IceWing 

Ravenclaw 

Thumbnail avatar c42b996421

wolfwerewolf17219

It is good! But, why is frost an OutLaw?

• Posted at:

(Sister)

Darmidnight

a

w

night

Uh oh my flipside Midnight is here

THE MOST ANNOYING HERE!

I play

Soccer

Tennis

Football

Fencing

Archery

My dream

pro soccer player

to go to west point

an author

If you believe, you can do it!

dinosaurjade212

All will be revealed later. 

• Posted at:

Lucian 

Pukwudgie 

Greencloak 

IceWing 

Ravenclaw 

Thumbnail avatar c42b996421

wolfwerewolf17219

ooohhh, your doing that! Going to definity be reading your stories. Keep up the good work! ;)

• Posted at:

(Sister)

Darmidnight

a

w

night

Uh oh my flipside Midnight is here

THE MOST ANNOYING HERE!

I play

Soccer

Tennis

Football

Fencing

Archery

My dream

pro soccer player

to go to west point

an author

If you believe, you can do it!

dinosaurjade212

I might make a sequel if this one gets to the end. 

Chapter 4: Kenoro

I didn't know why I had spared that outlaw. Maybe it was something in her, maybe it was something in me, but whatever it was, it made me take pity on her. 

This distracted me for the rest of the afternoon. During my lessons, I even tried to add different radicands. It took me half an hour to figure out what was going wrong. By that time, it was noon and I had completely zonked out on my bed. I woke up only because Lily woke me. 

"Your Highness!" 

I sat straight up. Lily was at the foot of my bed. Her blond hair was disheveled, her servant rags were noticeably dirtier than usual, and she looked panicked. I blinked. "What?" 

"Princess Summer of Varellor is visiting, in case you've forgotten." Lily said dryly. 

That snapped me out of my morning-long trance. "Oh, crud." 

Thank goodness, I had slept in my regular blue-and-green clothes, not bothering to change into nightclothes first. I just needed to wash my face and fix my hair. Lily helped me with that. 

I zipped out of my room, being sure to close the door behind me. I didn't want the bluefeather escaping my room and making Princess Summer flip out. 

I ran down the stairs, my feet pattering the red carpeted floor. By the time I reached the palace entrance, my parents were greeting the king and queen of Varellor. I just stood there and said nothing. Princess Summer was in the carriage, her auburn brown locks curling over her shoulders and cascading down her back in waterfalls. Her eyes were half-closed, and she was staring at me with a bored expression on her face. I was staring back with an equally bored expression. I crossed my arms and leaned against one of the tall white pillars at the palace entrance, waiting for my parents to finish talking. Once they did, they motioned for me to follow, and we led the Varellor royalty into the palace. 

"Kenoro," My mom prompted. "Would you show Princess Summer around the palace?" 

She said it that way, but I had to say, "Yes." Saying "No" was clearly not an option. 

With a sigh, Princess Summer walked after me as we emerged into the hallway. 

• Posted at:

Lucian 

Pukwudgie 

Greencloak 

IceWing 

Ravenclaw 

dinosaurjade212

I want everyone reading this to answer at least one question: 

Why do you guys think Frost is an outlaw? 

Do you think Frost and Kenoro will end up together? 

On a scale of one to ten, (10 being the high end) how would you rate this fanfic? 

• Posted at:

Lucian 

Pukwudgie 

Greencloak 

IceWing 

Ravenclaw 

Thumbnail avatar d9c8395ad6

werewolfchicken128

This is beautiful!

1. Hmmmm... I'm not sure

2. Yes?

3. 10!!!! Definitely!

• Posted at:

~Flammable spike ~

AKA Talisey chicken or weirdo

flipside: Shade

RainWing Dragon

heart of fire

Soul of ice

I am not mean

but I am not nice

Slytherin

Spirit Animal: Phantom the wolf

Thumbnail avatar ded2f63c35

amazingdawn82

1. My best guess is that Frost's family died and nobody else was willing to take her so she went to the streets. My only real context is the last sentence of Chapter 1.

2. Probably. That's the way it usually goes in this kind of story.

3. Ten trillion trillion trillion

• Posted at:

*~Alheimur Elysium~*

Call me Alheimur, 'kay?

She/Her

Joined 10/16/16

"There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle." ~ Albert Einstein

Ponies make life 20% cooler

Thumbnail avatar 84e18aa967

eagledragon13393

1. I’m thinking something along the lines of a Robin Hood thing or she was falsely accused of killing her family. 

2. Yeah, unless one of them isn’t straight. 

3. 9.5 

• Posted at:

ıllıllı [Bagel/NR Elysium] ıllıllı

#Puppy Killed Me#

Never trust a Sicilian!

here’s for the broken and bruised. The abandoned and used.

ocean’s mb sis

#dagrasshoppa

IS THAT A WILL TO LIVE?!? Ha ha nope. 

dinosaurjade212

One of you guys have an answer for question 1 that's really close to the truth, but I won't give any hints on who's correct. You have to read the story to find out. 

And I apologize, because I accidentally deleted the next chapter. 

• Posted at:

Lucian 

Pukwudgie 

Greencloak 

IceWing 

Ravenclaw 

Thumbnail avatar 2a47443cc3

elfheart156

@dinosour-

Huh, nice, I like it. You should definitely go on. :)

• Posted at:

I am Mei

-Artist-

Darkness lover

SAMBER Since: 12/12/15.. or maybe not 

Loves to look at stars

I’m a Poseidon/Hephaestus  kid

.                My top ships

#Skophee4ever

#LoriandLance4ever

#Renorak(fromWolf Brother)4ever

#Cobeke(from SA)4ever

Thumbnail avatar a0d6760dea

tsunamininja5

Ayy cool :D

• Posted at:

- Samurai -

- Jaguar -

Est. January 2014

So if you jump, kid, don't be scared to fall

We'll be kings and queens in this dream

All for one, one for all

You can light up the dark

There's a fire in your heart

Burning brighter than ever before

dinosaurjade212

Chapter 5: Frost

"Glacier, she'll be fine." 

The world was black. I saw nothing. I heard a male voice, although I never remembered hearing it before. 

"Are you sure, Wolf?" A soft, female voice asked. The male chuckled. "She'll be alright. She's our daughter." 

Then there was what seemed like a really big time skip, and I heard screaming, and flashes of light pierced through my eyelids. I heard the woman scream. Then I woke up. 

I sat straight up, gasping. Hay was scattered around me, and probably stuck in my hair, too. Morning light filtered through tiny gaps in the stone wall, dappling the brick-laid ground. 

I heard the sound of footsteps drawing closer to me, and I involuntarily held my breath. I stood and prepared to punch if necessary. I drew my arm back, and a figure emerged into the small alley. 

"Oh." I lowered my fist and assumed a calm, casual position. Prince Kenoro was peering at me. He was holding a small object, wrapped in brown paper. I frowned in response. "What are you doing here?" 

"I just thought I'd find you and give you this. So you won't get in any trouble for stealing today." He handed the wrapped object to me, and I cautiously unwrapped it. Inside it was a sweet pastry, the bread twisted into a spiral and sprinkled with sugar. I looked at him, as if saying, Are you serious? 

"Go on. Try it." He said. I raised the pastry to my mouth, and bit into it. It was sweet, filled with strawberry cream. The sugar tickled my tongue and throat as I swallowed. I ate the whole pastry in a matter of seconds. 

"Like it?" Kenoro asked. I nodded. "Where did you get it?" 

"I swiped it from the kitchen." He said cheekily. I arched an eyebrow. "Hm. You'd make a pretty good outlaw, Your Highness." 

A bright smile grew on his face. "I think I'd make a pretty good rebel, too." 

The corners of my mouth turned up in a smile. "Well. See ya later." 

• Posted at:

Lucian 

Pukwudgie 

Greencloak 

IceWing 

Ravenclaw 

Thumbnail avatar ded2f63c35

amazingdawn82

Shiiiiiiiiiiiip

• Posted at:

*~Alheimur Elysium~*

Call me Alheimur, 'kay?

She/Her

Joined 10/16/16

"There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle." ~ Albert Einstein

Ponies make life 20% cooler

dinosaurjade212

Chapter 6: Kenoro

I quickly turned tail and speed-walked away from the small alley where the outlaw had been. My parents would be enraged if they knew that I had given that pastry to an outlaw, of all people! They wouldn't care if she had been a Seventh Circle Estrean, but anyone below that, they'd be close to executing me. 

I heard the clanking of armor a moment before General Eliaan rumbled, "Your Highness, what are you doing up and about this early?" 

I looked up and steadily met his gaze. "Last time I checked, it was not against the law for the crown prince to wake early and go for a walk, Eliaan." 

The general took a moment to process this. He was usually slow with words, and was not exactly the brightest soldier around. The only reason he had this rank was because his mother had been best friends with my mom, Queen Angel. 

Eliaan finally nodded. "Well, your Highness. Just be sure to stay with your parents or one of the guard next time." 

And his unit of soldiers walked past. I released a puff of air from my mouth, and realized that the sunset-colored leaves were beginning to drift off the branches. Winter was early this year. 

Winter

Oh no. I had completely forgotten about the bluefeather. 

I ran through the market and into the palace, as fast as lightning. I zipped into my room, and locked the door behind me. I took a moment to catch my breath, then looked around. I whistled. "Come on, bluefeather. Are you still here?" 

There was a series of rapid chirps and whistles from above my head, and I looked up to see the bluefeather perching on a rafter. 

I cursed under my breath. The bluefeather lifted his wing and groomed his feathers. I sighed. "Okay, little guy. You can stay up there as long as you don't cause any trouble." 

Of course it was going to cause trouble. When has anyone ever said "Don't cause trouble" and has had it come true? 

Exactly. Never. Unless you're one of those kids who get all the luck. 

Right now, I really wished I was one of them. 

• Posted at:

Lucian 

Pukwudgie 

Greencloak 

IceWing 

Ravenclaw