Should I go on?

Thumbnail avatar 5d80612a12

dinosaurjade212

Chapter 1: Frost

How is it like to be an outlaw? 

You can ask me. I know the answer, even though I'm only sixteen. 

For me, it's not too good, not too bad. It could be worse, though. 

Do you think it got worse? 

Eh. It got both worse and better the day I met Kenoro. 

"Hey, you!" 

I bolted down the street, cursing under my breath. How were those guards so fast in that clunky armor? 

Well, I really didn't feel like stopping and asking the guards. Instead, I just kept running. I dared to turn my head to see how far behind the guards were, and just my luck. A few more strides, and they could impale me with their spears. 

Well, not today. 

I took a running start, and swerved and jumped onto the roof of a nearby stall. The stallkeeper yelled as my feet landed squarely in the center of the tan tarp. I ignored him, and bounced up. I clung to the way with clammy fingers, my feet threatening to slip and deposit me right into the arms of the guards. 

I reached up for another handhold, and felt relief rushing through my bones when my fingers latched onto a brick that was sticking out of the wall. I mustered all my strength, then grabbed the same handhold with my other hand and vaulted myself onto the Great Wall. The guards below shouted something I couldn't quite figure out, mainly because I was running. 

I dove into a watchtower, and just crouched there until I was sure that the guards were gone. After all, there was no way onto the wall anymore. It was long gone, just like everything else I had ever loved in my life. 

• Posted at:

Please tell us why you'd like to report this post

~Tsunami~

>Torchlight (My flipside)< 

You have my permission to call me weird. 

"Happiness is not something that you have to achieve. You can still feel happy during the process of achieving something." ~김남준

Thumbnail avatar d9c8395ad6

werewolfchicken128

ahhh! I love it! This is brilliant!

• Posted at:

~Spike~

AKA Talisey chicken or weirdo

RainWing Dragon

I am a someone

heart of fire

Soul of ice

I am not mean

but I am not nice

Spirit Animal: Phantom the wolf

dinosaurjade212

Thanks for the feedback! The more you like it, I advise that you post more 'I like it's, since I am usually really lazy and only bother to post when there's positive feedback. 

• Posted at:

~Tsunami~

"Happiness is not something that you have to achieve. You can still feel happy during the process of achieving something." ~김남준

dinosaurjade212

Chapter 2: Kenoro

"Hey, little bird." 

I sat in a chair next to my bedroom window, my back end sinking into the blue cushion. I had my head rested on my hands, which were in turn, resting on the windowsill. A bird hopped around on the other side of the glass. I sighed. If being the heir to the throne meant that I had to be stuck in the palace forever without getting to go outside without one of my parents or the royal guard supervising me, I didn't like it. 

The bird cocked its head and stared straight at me. It tapped against the glass, and I suddenly realized that this was a bluefeather. These should have all gone south to the barren grasslands about two weeks ago. Why was this one still here? 

I looked around. I stood up, and walked over to the door. I locked it, then walked back over to the window and opened it. The wind blasted me like a flock of roughly two trillion eagles were flapping their wings at once, in the same direction. 

"Agh!" I waited for the bluefeather's talons to click down on the polished wooden floor, then slammed the window back down. I then turned and looked around my room. I sighed. Dried leaves and twigs decorated the room, sort of matching the outdoors. 

I then thought of how I would look after that. I rushed over to the vanity, and stared in the mirror. Aw, great. 

My onyx black hair was usually nearly shoulder-length, curving into the edges of my face, but not now. It looked like I'd walked through a tornado. 

Muttering fiercely under my breath, I patted my hair down and washed my face in my room's well. I dried myself off, then went searching for the bluefeather. 

"Hey, little bluefeather, where are you?" I softly called. I then heard a click from above my head, and looked to up to see the bluefeather perching in a ceiling rafter. 

"Aw, come on." I complained. The bluefeather seemed to enjoy my frustration, because it plopped itself down on the beam, and chirped at me. 

I backed up, then took a running start. I jumped, and kicked upwards off the wall. I reached up and grabbed the nearest ceiling rafter, then pulled myself up. I balanced my feet precariously on the narrow beam, then reached out with one hand and scooped up the bluefeather. I couldn't help but grin when I felt my feet hit the floor. I would trade anything, even being a prince, for a lifetime of adventure. 

• Posted at:

~Tsunami~

dinosaurjade212

"Hey, little bird." 

I sat in a chair next to my bedroom window, my rear end sinking into the blue cushion. I had my head rested on my hands, which were in turn, resting on the windowsill. A bird hopped around on the other side of the glass. I sighed. If being the heir to the throne meant that I had to be stuck in the palace forever without getting to go outside without one of my parents or the royal guard supervising me, I didn't like it. 

The bird cocked its head and stared straight at me. It tapped against the glass, and I suddenly realized that this was a bluefeather. These should have all gone south to the barren grasslands about two weeks ago. Why was this one still here? 

I looked around. I stood up, and walked over to the door. I locked it, then walked back over to the window and opened it. The wind blasted me like a flock of roughly two trillion eagles were flapping their wings at once, in the same direction. 

"Agh!" I waited for the bluefeather's talons to click down on the polished wooden floor, then slammed the window back down. I then turned and looked around my room. I cursed under my breath. Dried leaves and twigs decorated the room, sort of matching the outdoors. 

I then thought of how I would look after that. I rushed over to the vanity, and stared in the mirror. Aw, great. 

My onyx black hair was usually nearly shoulder-length, curving into the edges of my face, but not now. It looked like I'd walked through a tornado. 

Muttering fiercely under my breath, I patted my hair down and washed my face in my room's well. I dried myself off, then went searching for the bluefeather. 

"Hey, little bluefeather, where are you?" I softly called. I then heard a click from above my head, and looked to up to see the bluefeather perching in a ceiling rafter. 

"Aw, come on." I complained. The bluefeather seemed to enjoy my frustration, because it plopped its rear end down, and chirped at me. 

I backed up, then took a running start. I jumped, and kicked upwards off the wall. I reached up and grabbed the nearest ceiling rafter, then pulled myself up. I balanced my feet precariously on the narrow beam, then reached out with one hand and scooped up the bluefeather. I couldn't help but grin when I felt my feet hit the floor. I would trade anything, even being a prince, for a lifetime of adventure. 

• Posted at:

~Tsunami~

dinosaurjade212

And... Of course. 

I apologize for the confusion in the chapters. I tried posting a chapter multiple times, tried editing it, thinking the autofilter was maybe going wrong, and of course... 

• Posted at:

~Tsunami~

dinosaurjade212

"Hey, little bird." 

I felt sort of dumb as I sat in a chair next to my bedroom window, my rear end sinking into the blue cushion. I had my head rested on my hands, which were in turn, resting on the windowsill. A bird hopped around on the other side of the glass. I sighed. If being the heir to the throne meant that I had to be stuck in the palace forever without getting to go outside without one of my parents or the royal guard supervising me, I didn't like it. 

"Agh!" I waited for the bluefeather's talons to click down on the polished wooden floor, then slammed the window back down. I then turned and looked around my room. I cursed under my breath. Dried leaves and twigs decorated the room, sort of matching the outdoors. 

"Aw, come on." I complained. The bluefeather seemed to enjoy my frustration, because it plopped its rear end down, and chirped at me. 

• Posted at:

~Tsunami~

Thumbnail avatar 868f6a933b

cobrapanther473

This is really good. You should definitely go on!!!

• Posted at:

Daisy

Gang

Daisy, Goldenrod, Frost, Tamaki, Ak'wan, Aventine, Erik, Devin, Waren, Elliot, Chloe, Frost Knight

dinosaurjade212

Chapter 2: Kenoro:

"Hey, little bird." 

I felt sort of stupid as I sat in a chair next to my bedroom window, my rear end sinking into the blue cushion. I had my head rested on my hands, which were in turn, resting on the windowsill. A bird hopped around on the other side of the glass. I sighed. If being the heir to the throne meant that I had to be stuck in the palace forever without getting to go outside without one of my parents or the royal guard supervising me, I didn't like it. 

I looked around. I stood up, and walked over to the door. I locked it, then walked back over to the window and opened it. The wind blasted me like a flock of roughly two trillion eagles were flapping their wings at once, in the same direction. 

I then thought of how I would look after that. I rushed over to the vanity, and stared in the mirror. Aw, great. 

"Hey, little bluefeather, where are you?" I softly called. I then heard a click from above my head, and looked to up to see the bluefeather perching in a ceiling rafter. 

I backed up, then took a running start. I jumped, and kicked upwards off the wall. I reached up and grabbed the nearest ceiling rafter, then pulled myself up. I balanced my feet precariously on the narrow beam, then reached out with one hand and scooped up the bluefeather. I couldn't help but grin when I felt my feet hit the floor. I would trade anything, even being a prince, for a lifetime of adventure. 

• Posted at:

~Tsunami~

dinosaurjade212

Chapter 3: Frost

Usually, my days start out with someone yelling, "Thief!" or "Criminal!" or "Hey, you!" or something like that, and I'm getting chased by the royal guard or the stallkeeper who I just stole bread or cheese from. 

But today, the first thing someone said to me did not lead to a chase. 

I pressed my thumb against my palm. If I did this wrong... I would be going hungry for the day. 

The moment the Seventh Circle lady was in front of the stack of hay, I leaped out, scattering yellow straw everywhere, and grabbed a loaf of bread from her basket. I whirled around and ran as fast as I could as she yelled something. Probably, "Thief!" 

Well, I didn't care. 

I ran until I was safe in an alleyway, between two sections of the Great Wall, which separated the Seventh Circle homes and the market. 

I heard footsteps, and flinched, expecting to feel cold metal chill my skin as guards wrapped their fingers around my arms. 

Instead, I heard a voice. 

"Hey, it's okay to come out, now." 

I turned my head back around, and looked into the face of Prince Kenoro, the heir to the throne of Estrea. 

He looked genuinely concerned. He had the pale skin that marked all Estreans, as no one had had darker skin for centuries, not since the destruction of Aurrelia. His onyx black hair curved gently over his forehead and into the edges of his face, coming down to slightly above his shoulders. His onyx black eyes pierced deep into my soul. I felt fear prickle my skin. He wore the typical blue and green of royalty. Was he going to turn me in? 

"Get away." I told him, backing up. He came closer. "It's okay. I gave that lady gold to make up for what you stole." He looked me up and down, the slightest of a smile on his face. "Say, you're that outlaw." 

"That's me." I said bluntly. He cocked his head and opened his mouth to say something when a voice yelled, "Your Highness!" 

I jumped up and hid behind a boulder as the prince sighed. "Coming!" 

Then, he turned, and rushed back into the market. 

I was just stiff with fear, and even curiosity. Why hadn't he turned me in? 

• Posted at:

~Tsunami~

Thumbnail avatar 78fd0cb33b

wolfwerewolf17219

It is good! But, why is frost an OutLaw?

• Posted at:

(Sister)

Darmidnight

a

w

night

acApTiAMaRvEl

With..BlackWing, Willin,Amber Eye, and..ugh my flipside Midnight

I play

Soccer

Tennis

Football

Fencing

Archery

My dream

pro soccer player

to go to west point

an author

If you believe, you can do it!

dinosaurjade212

All will be revealed later. 

• Posted at:

~Tsunami~

wolfwerewolf17219

ooohhh, your doing that! Going to definity be reading your stories. Keep up the good work! ;)

• Posted at:

(Sister)

Darmidnight

a

w

night

acApTiAMaRvEl

I play

Soccer

Tennis

Football

Fencing

Archery

My dream

pro soccer player

to go to west point

an author

dinosaurjade212

I might make a sequel if this one gets to the end. 

Chapter 4: Kenoro

I didn't know why I had spared that outlaw. Maybe it was something in her, maybe it was something in me, but whatever it was, it made me take pity on her. 

This distracted me for the rest of the afternoon. During my lessons, I even tried to add different radicands. It took me half an hour to figure out what was going wrong. By that time, it was noon and I had completely zonked out on my bed. I woke up only because Lily woke me. 

"Your Highness!" 

I sat straight up. Lily was at the foot of my bed. Her blond hair was disheveled, her servant rags were noticeably dirtier than usual, and she looked panicked. I blinked. "What?" 

"Princess Summer of Varellor is visiting, in case you've forgotten." Lily said dryly. 

That snapped me out of my morning-long trance. "Oh, crud." 

Thank goodness, I had slept in my regular blue-and-green clothes, not bothering to change into nightclothes first. I just needed to wash my face and fix my hair. Lily helped me with that. 

I zipped out of my room, being sure to close the door behind me. I didn't want the bluefeather escaping my room and making Princess Summer flip out. 

I ran down the stairs, my feet pattering the red carpeted floor. By the time I reached the palace entrance, my parents were greeting the king and queen of Varellor. I just stood there and said nothing. Princess Summer was in the carriage, her auburn brown locks curling over her shoulders and cascading down her back in waterfalls. Her eyes were half-closed, and she was staring at me with a bored expression on her face. I was staring back with an equally bored expression. I crossed my arms and leaned against one of the tall white pillars at the palace entrance, waiting for my parents to finish talking. Once they did, they motioned for me to follow, and we led the Varellor royalty into the palace. 

"Kenoro," My mom prompted. "Would you show Princess Summer around the palace?" 

She said it that way, but I had to say, "Yes." Saying "No" was clearly not an option. 

With a sigh, Princess Summer walked after me as we emerged into the hallway. 

• Posted at:

~Tsunami~

dinosaurjade212

I want everyone reading this to answer at least one question: 

Why do you guys think Frost is an outlaw? 

Do you think Frost and Kenoro will end up together? 

On a scale of one to ten, (10 being the high end) how would you rate this fanfic? 

• Posted at:

~Tsunami~

Thumbnail avatar d9c8395ad6

werewolfchicken128

This is beautiful!

1. Hmmmm... I'm not sure

2. Yes?

3. 10!!!! Definitely!

• Posted at:

~Spike~

AKA Talisey chicken or weirdo

RainWing Dragon

I am a someone

heart of fire

Soul of ice

I am not mean

but I am not nice

Spirit Animal: Phantom the wolf

Thumbnail avatar ded2f63c35

amazingdawn82

1. My best guess is that Frost's family died and nobody else was willing to take her so she went to the streets. My only real context is the last sentence of Chapter 1.

2. Probably. That's the way it usually goes in this kind of story.

3. Ten trillion trillion trillion

• Posted at:

*~Alheimur Elysium~*

Call me Alheimur, 'kay?

She/Her

Joined 10/16/16

"There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle." ~ Albert Einstein

Ponies make life 20% cooler

Thumbnail avatar 84e18aa967

eagledragon13393

1. I’m thinking something along the lines of a Robin Hood thing or she was falsely accused of killing her family. 

2. Yeah, unless one of them isn’t straight. 

3. 9.5 

• Posted at:

░▒▓█ Баgёг/ЙЯ Єгч$їцѫ █▓▒░

#Puppy Killed Me#

ocean’s mb sis

Goodbye, my dear friends. It’s been fun. 

So raise your glass high, for tomorrow we die.

dinosaurjade212

One of you guys have an answer for question 1 that's really close to the truth, but I won't give any hints on who's correct. You have to read the story to find out. 

And I apologize, because I accidentally deleted the next chapter. 

• Posted at:

~Tsunami~

Thumbnail avatar 2a47443cc3

elfheart156

@dinosour-

Huh, nice, I like it. You should definitely go on. :)

• Posted at:

Mei

D&D Fan ~ Artist ~ Role-player 

~|LGBTQ+ 

Trans 

Supporter|~

"Be Kind, For Everyone Is Fighting a Hard Battle"- Plato, Ian Maclaren

"Fear Can't Hurt You Any More Than a Dream Can" - William G.

Thumbnail avatar 8026f974b5

tsunamininja5

Ayy cool :D

• Posted at:

- Lahash -

Also known as Samurai

Est. January 2014

Author of the Path of Legends series - coming 2020!

"Fear not in this Time of Chaos, this War of Darkness. For on the horizon, there shines a light, a light brighter than any before . . ."

dinosaurjade212

Chapter 5: Frost

"Glacier, she'll be fine." 

The world was black. I saw nothing. I heard a male voice, although I never remembered hearing it before. 

"Are you sure, Wolf?" A soft, female voice asked. The male chuckled. "She'll be alright. She's our daughter." 

Then there was what seemed like a really big time skip, and I heard screaming, and flashes of light pierced through my eyelids. I heard the woman scream. Then I woke up. 

I sat straight up, gasping. Hay was scattered around me, and probably stuck in my hair, too. Morning light filtered through tiny gaps in the stone wall, dappling the brick-laid ground. 

I heard the sound of footsteps drawing closer to me, and I involuntarily held my breath. I stood and prepared to punch if necessary. I drew my arm back, and a figure emerged into the small alley. 

"Oh." I lowered my fist and assumed a calm, casual position. Prince Kenoro was peering at me. He was holding a small object, wrapped in brown paper. I frowned in response. "What are you doing here?" 

"I just thought I'd find you and give you this. So you won't get in any trouble for stealing today." He handed the wrapped object to me, and I cautiously unwrapped it. Inside it was a sweet pastry, the bread twisted into a spiral and sprinkled with sugar. I looked at him, as if saying, Are you serious? 

"Go on. Try it." He said. I raised the pastry to my mouth, and bit into it. It was sweet, filled with strawberry cream. The sugar tickled my tongue and throat as I swallowed. I ate the whole pastry in a matter of seconds. 

"Like it?" Kenoro asked. I nodded. "Where did you get it?" 

"I swiped it from the kitchen." He said cheekily. I arched an eyebrow. "Hm. You'd make a pretty good outlaw, Your Highness." 

A bright smile grew on his face. "I think I'd make a pretty good rebel, too." 

The corners of my mouth turned up in a smile. "Well. See ya later." 

• Posted at:

~Tsunami~

Thumbnail avatar ded2f63c35

amazingdawn82

Shiiiiiiiiiiiip

• Posted at:

*~Alheimur Elysium~*

Call me Alheimur, 'kay?

She/Her

Joined 10/16/16

"There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle." ~ Albert Einstein

Ponies make life 20% cooler

dinosaurjade212

Chapter 6: Kenoro

I quickly turned tail and speed-walked away from the small alley where the outlaw had been. My parents would be enraged if they knew that I had given that pastry to an outlaw, of all people! They wouldn't care if she had been a Seventh Circle Estrean, but anyone below that, they'd be close to executing me. 

I heard the clanking of armor a moment before General Eliaan rumbled, "Your Highness, what are you doing up and about this early?" 

I looked up and steadily met his gaze. "Last time I checked, it was not against the law for the crown prince to wake early and go for a walk, Eliaan." 

The general took a moment to process this. He was usually slow with words, and was not exactly the brightest soldier around. The only reason he had this rank was because his mother had been best friends with my mom, Queen Angel. 

Eliaan finally nodded. "Well, your Highness. Just be sure to stay with your parents or one of the guard next time." 

And his unit of soldiers walked past. I released a puff of air from my mouth, and realized that the sunset-colored leaves were beginning to drift off the branches. Winter was early this year. 

Winter

Oh no. I had completely forgotten about the bluefeather. 

I ran through the market and into the palace, as fast as lightning. I zipped into my room, and locked the door behind me. I took a moment to catch my breath, then looked around. I whistled. "Come on, bluefeather. Are you still here?" 

There was a series of rapid chirps and whistles from above my head, and I looked up to see the bluefeather perching on a rafter. 

I cursed under my breath. The bluefeather lifted his wing and groomed his feathers. I sighed. "Okay, little guy. You can stay up there as long as you don't cause any trouble." 

Of course it was going to cause trouble. When has anyone ever said "Don't cause trouble" and has had it come true? 

Exactly. Never. Unless you're one of those kids who get all the luck. 

Right now, I really wished I was one of them. 

• Posted at:

~Tsunami~

dinosaurjade212

Chapter 7: Frost

What is the most embarrassing thing that's ever happened to you? 

You might think about the time when someone walked in on you in the bathroom, or the time your little sister/brother read your diary. 

I'm pretty sure that's not what went through Kenoro's mind when I popped up in a tree in front of his window. 

I reached for a higher branch, squinting to keep the moonlight out of my eyes. I was careful to put my feet on the thicket branches, as to avoid cracking a twig and alerting the guards. This was risky, but I was doing it anyway. Why? 

I had no idea. 

I finally reached the tallest window in the East Tower, where I had seen Kenoro's silhouette in the past few years. I hugged the trunk, and peered in through the window. 

Kenoro was sitting on his bed, holding something in his hands, and by the way he was holding it, the item must have been fragile or delicate. 

He murmured something I couldn't hear through the foggy glass. So I reached out, and lightly rapped my knuckles on the cold surface. His head shot up, and his eyeballs just about exploded out of his head. He turned and placed whatever he was holding in one of his dresser drawers, closed the drawer, then rushed over to my window, whipped it open, and hissed, "Hurry! Get inside!" 

I was taken aback. There was really no need to be impulsive. 

He must have seen my surprise on my face, because his own softened, and he quietly said, "I'm sorry. Just get inside before someone sees you." 

I balanced precariously on my branch, then reached out and took Kenoro's outstretched hand. His fingers curled around mine, and I relished the warmth radiating from him. I hopped onto the window ledge, then onto the smooth wooden floor of Kenoro's bedroom. 

After he had securely locked the door and pulled the curtains over the windows, he turned back to me. "What are you doing here?" 

I felt like an idiot standing there with nothing coming out of my mouth. "Uh... I don't know." 

He made a small snort of amusement. "So, you climbed up a tree to my bedroom window for no reason whatsoever?" 

"Oh, be quiet." 

He smirked. "I admire your courage. However, I think you should go. My parents will check on me anytime soon." 

"Okay." I pulled the curtains back, but just as I was about to open the window, the doorknob to Kenoro's bedroom rattled. From behind the door, a voice yelled, "Your Highness! Open this door!" 

• Posted at:

~Tsunami~

dinosaurjade212

Even if no one is reading, I will still post. 

• Posted at:

~Tsunami~

dinosaurjade212

Chapter 8: Kenoro

My face went as pale as winter snow. The outlaw's was even paler. If anyone discovered her in here... 

"Just a second!" I called. "Door's jammed!" 

I whirled back around to look at Frost, and pointed at my bed. "Hide underneath it! Now!" 

She dove underneath the ebony frame, and I pulled the blue and green sheets over her. Then, I rushed over to the door and unlocked it, allowing General Eliaan, six soldiers, and my parents to come inside. 

"What's the problem?" I asked innocently. My mom shot me an irritated glance. "Kenoro, your father and I heard from General Eliaan that you were out for a walk in the morning. By yourself." 

"Are we having this conversation again?" I complained. "I'm a month away from being seventeen! I should be allowed to do what I want to do! I can go out for some fresh air if I want!" 

"Kenoro, you don't understand." My father, King Cole, told me. "We tell you this to keep you safe. And it's especially not safe with that outlaw roaming around." 

Now I was just steamed. I ground my teeth together and muttered, "Just get out of my room." 

My father, being the nice guy that he is, stepped out. My mother shot me a hard glance before she walked out, the soldiers and General Eliaan behind her. I closed the door, locked it, and breathed a long, heavy sigh. I turned back to the bed. "Alright. You can come out now." 

The outlaw crept out from under my bed, and rushed back to the window. She was already in the tree when I hurried over and said, "Wait! I never got your name!" 

She paused and turned. At that moment, the moon came out from behind a cloud, and silver moonlight beamed down on the tree that the outlaw was in. Her moon-silver hair drifted around her shoulders, so she looked like she had a silver aura when the moonlight shone. Her eyes—Woah. I'd never seen her eyes this close, but they were beautiful. Her irises were the most beautiful aqua color I'd ever seen. And whenever she caught the light in the right angle, the aqua seemed to glow with silver light. 

I suddenly realized I was leaning closer. Flustered, I backed up. The outlaw's mouth curved up into a smile. 

"My name is Frost." 

• Posted at:

~Tsunami~

dinosaurjade212

Chapter 9: Frost

It took me a while, but I finally fell asleep. Back in the little alley I called my home. I had myself buried in the hay, shivering, until sleep crashed down on me. I don't know how I hadn't frozen to death in the night. Maybe it was the thought of Kenoro that kept me warm. Maybe it was the thought of him that kept me from stealing someone else's things when the sun rose. And also, the pastry still tasted sweet in my mouth. 

When Kenoro showed up again, I wasn't surprised. 

He was panting, and he skidded to a halt next to me. "Sorry. I can't talk for long. I just wanted to ask you if you maybe wanted to meet me tonight? Same tree as yesterday?" 

First, I couldn't say anything. Then, I nodded, slowly and cautiously. "Alright." 

His mouth curled up into a smile, and I suddenly realized he was leaning in. But before I could back away or stop him, his lips pressed down on mine, and nothing else mattered. 

When he pulled away, he spun around and tailed back into the market, probably a little flustered right there. I stared after his back. Why hadn't I tried to stop him? Did I like him? 

No! He was just a friend. And besides, we couldn't be any closer than that even if we wanted to. He was Estrea's crown prince. I was an outlaw. 

I drew my knees up to my chest. Did I really want Kenoro? Was he that dear to me? 

• Posted at:

~Tsunami~

dinosaurjade212

Chapter 10: Kenoro

Come on, come on, come on. Please

That's what I kept telling myself over and over in my head as I waited. Waited in my bed, lights off. 

I tossed and turned in bed. Would Frost really come? 

I got my answer. 

She tapped on the window, and I got out of bed and opened the window. I climbed into the tree, and lowered the window just enough to look closed, but open enough so I could go back in. I turned to Frost. "Come on. I want to show you something." 

We shimmied down the tree trunk, and I led Frost into the woods behind the palace courtyard. Dry twigs cracked underfoot as we stepped through the forest. 

Finally, we emerged into a clearing. Moonlight dappled the star-speckled water of the pond in the center, and Frost whistled. "Amazing." 

I picked up a small stone, and tossed it underhand at the pond. It skipped on the surface three times before sinking. Frost sat down on a smooth boulder. "How many times have you been here?" 

"I come here at least once a week. It's sort of my happy place. I don't tell anyone else about it. And yet, here I am." I turned to her. "Showing you." 

To me, Frost was more valuable than all the jewels and gold in the palace. I would do anything to keep her smiling, even if it meant jumping off a cliff. 

I then heard rustling in the woods on the opposite side of the pond, and Frost and I looked up. I caught a glimpse of a figure before they dashed away. Frost and I exchanged glances, then silently agreed. We both ran to where the figure had been, and yelled, "Hey, wait!" 

• Posted at:

~Tsunami~

wolfwerewolf17219

this is good!

• Posted at:

(Sister)

Darmidnight

a

w

night

acApTiAMaRvEl

I play

Soccer

Tennis

Football

Fencing

Archery

My dream

pro soccer player

to go to west point

an author

dinosaurjade212

Thanks! 

• Posted at:

~Tsunami~

dinosaurjade212

Chapter 11: Frost

We ran after the figure. Branches slapped my face and roots threatened to trip me, but I somehow managed to avoid hurting myself as Kenoro and I approached a tall stone cliff. 

"I'm behind you." 

We both jumped and spun around to see the mystery person from the pond. Judging by the sound of their voice, they were definitely male. But... 

The mystery person stepped into the moonlight, his hands on his hips. He looked around mine and Kenoro's age, around sixteen. He had thick, curly dark brown hair, and light freckles splashed across his cheeks. His eyes were the color of sapphires. But what really chilled me was his skin color. 

It wasn't too different from an Estrean's, but it was still noticeably darker than mine or Kenoro. This mystery person wasn't Estrean. 

The blue-eyed figure tilted his head. "Hm. Haven't met an Estrean that didn't call my kind foul in forever." 

"Your kind?" Kenoro asked. 

The kid opened his mouth to respond when a loud crack echoed from the darkness. He muttered in a language I didn't know, then turned and rushed away. Kenoro and I chased him. We found him at the base of a tree, staring up where a branch was almost severed in two. 

"That branch has been cracking forever." The kid said. He reached up and wrapped his hands around a thick branch, one that would definitely support his weight, braced his foot against the trunk, and boosted himself up. He carefully reached out with one hand and grasped the break in the broken branch, then closed his eyes. 

I could not believe my eyes. 

A gentle humming sound radiated from his hand, and I realized that his palm seemed to be glowing with sapphire blue light. 

I turned to look at Kenoro, and nearly burst out laughing at the expression on his face. It was a look of mixed shock, wonder, and maybe even jealousy? 

The branch straightened itself, and I heard crick, crick, crick, as it knitted itself back together. Its leaves bloomed with blue light before the kid opened his eyes and the glowing in his hand ebbed away. He hopped back down to the ground. He must have noticed Kenoro and me staring with the funniest looks on our faces. He fixed our stares with a mesmerizing look, then turned and began to walk away. He then paused, turned, and looked at Kenoro. "Also, Your Highness, there are better places to put a bluefeather than a dresser drawer." 

Kenoro looked surprised, then pushed it away. Without a word, he just began to trudge back to the palace. I began to follow, then something in the palace brick caught my eye. "Hey, what's this?" 

Kenoro looked at what I was staring at. "I don't know. I think it's a completely different language." 

I breathed a cold plume of air. "Whoever did this... I don't think they want anyone to know." 

• Posted at:

~Tsunami~

dinosaurjade212

Chapter 12: Kenoro

I woke up early the next morning, and got dressed. I washed my face, and brushed my hair down neatly. I trotted into the dining room, ate breakfast quickly, then zipped down to the library to get a piece of charcoal and paper. Can you guess what I was gonna do? 

I headed back to the pond, except I doubled back and searched for the inscriptions. I ran my hand along the cold stone, then I found the mysterious symbols. 

I laid the piece of paper flat over the inscriptions in the stone, then laid the charcoal lengthwise down on the paper. I rubbed the black stick up and down until I had a fairly decent impression of the symbols. 

I put the charcoal back in the library, then washed the charcoal stains off my hands. I then doubled back to the library and grabbed as many language books I could hold. I stumbled back into my room, and locked the door. I set the pile of books down on the floor, then picked up the first one and set it on my desk with the paper. A cloud of dust blew up from it when I cracked it open, but I didn't mind. I then got to work trying to find matching symbols. 

• Posted at:

~Tsunami~

dinosaurjade212

Chapter 13: Frost

We met again at the pond. This time, we got a little white miracle. 

"Teach me to skip stones." 

This was my first demand. Kenoro blinked and turned to me. Just as he opened his mouth to say something, a white snowflake landed on the tip of his nose. The next flake plopped itself down on the top of his obsidian hair. 

By now, I was laughing as the snow started to fall more quickly. Kenoro was grinning madly. Only then did I really notice how he really was. 

On the outside, he was the crown prince of Estrea. He had obsidian-dark hair, onyx-black eyes, and I noticed that in his arms, there were slight curves that I was pretty sure was muscle. 

On the inside, he was caring, gentle, kind, and sweet. Initially I had thought of him as prissy and proper just because he was a prince. But he was so much more than that. He had treated me like a friend, even when our rankings were so different. He cared for my well-being as if I were a fragile glass sculpture. And... 

I think that I would care for him like that as well. 

• Posted at:

~Tsunami~

dinosaurjade212

Chapter 14: Kenoro

After two days of looking, I finally found it. The book that saved Estrea. 

Well, actually, the kid from the woods found it and dropped it on my foot. 

I shoved the book back on the shelf, frustrated. That inscription was near indecipherable. I had checked nearly all the books I could think of that would be useful, and not a single one matched the inscription. 

Just as I was gonna flip a table over, a scuffling echoed from the top of a shelf, and a heavy book landed with a thud on my foot. 

"Ow!" I hopped around on my uninjured foot, yelping and silently hoping that no one was coming to check on me. I fell back into a chair and looked up at the top of the shelf. I honestly couldn't believe who I saw up there. 

"You!" I spluttered. The kid from two nights earlier was on top of the shelves, peering down at me. "How did you get up there?" 

The kid jumped down and landed on the nearest table. He arched a slim brown eyebrow and said, "I believe we didn't get a chance to speak properly the other night." 

I just kept my butt in the seat and stared like an idiot (I really had to fix my habit of staring). 

"I'm Simon of the Aurrelians. Pleased to meet you, Your Highness." The blue-eyed kid hopped down from the table. I finally managed to get my mouth to talk. "Aurrelian? But the kingdom fell—" 

"The kingdom fell. Not the whole population, though. We used to be so large that we couldn't count how many Lows there were. Now, we don't even have enough people for rankings." Simon corrected me. "I saw your girlfriend down the alley. We talked, I know who she is, she knows who I am. We didn't get much time to talk because some guards jumped on her." 

"Guards?! WHAT?!" I leapt to my feet. "Why didn't you help?" 

"I can't risk revealing that all the Aurrelians didn't die! You Estreans would just kill the rest of us!" Simon snapped. I glared at him. "Well, you better scram before I call the guards on you." 

With that, Simon transformed into a cat and bounded away. I turned and ran for the exit. I ran down the staircase, leaping about three steps at a time, and ignored the guards when they tried to ask me where I was going. I had to save Frost. 

It was easy to find Frost. She was putting up quite a struggle against several guards, one which I recognized as Eliaan. 

"Stop!" I yelled. Several guards paused in confusion. One of them cleared his throat and politely said, "You Highness, this is the outlaw." 

I locked eyes with Frost. Her blue ones were brimming with tears. Eliaan just snorted and yelled, "Take her away!" 

The guards spun back around, and I saw a spearhead hurdle towards my face. I was too slow to dodge, and the spearhead smashed into my face right in the jaw. I was knocked to the ground, and I could hear several Estreans screaming in the background. The guards were yelling, and my mouth felt like it had been torn open by a sword, then had the soft, delicate flesh stung by a million wasps. 

One sound was raised above the rest, though. I could somehow clearly hear Frost shrieking and sobbing. I wanted to reach out to her, tell her that I was going to be okay. But I sank away into darkness. 

• Posted at:

~Tsunami~

Thumbnail avatar 0d000fcdd8

dragonfire3007

This story is amazing!

• Posted at:

Prism/Kaleidoscope

⇢She/Her/Fangirl⇠

⇢Star  Count ~ 804⇠

⇢5/5/15~Until the very end⇠  

⇢You're Talented & Amazing⇠ 

⇢And Don't Let Anyone Tell You Otherwise⇠ 

⇢And Always Chase Your Dreams⇠ 

Thumbnail avatar ab8b459b2c

liondragon3229

Yes! I found it! I have been looking for this thread. Amazing job on writing this. I saw it before but I didn't get a chance to bookmark. Can't wait for the next part!

• Posted at:

can't think of anything  put here.

dinosaurjade212

Chapter 14 1/2:

Frost didn't want to leave Kenoro, his unconscious form laying on the brick, his jaw partially torn and completely bruised. 

In all the confusion, the guards had forgotten about her and half of them had rushed off to the palace, probably to alert the king and queen. Nobody was suppressing her. 

Frost rushed towards Kenoro and bent down. "Oh no. No, no, no." 

She reached forward to feel his wound, but a guard brandished his spear at her. "You will not lay a hand on the prince." 

With a small growl, Frost backed up, but she didn't take her eyes off of Kenoro. He couldn't die. 

The sound of footsteps made her look up. Queen Angel and King Cole were rushing towards Kenoro, and the queen let out a cry of terror when she saw her son sprawled out on the brick. The king knelt down and scooped up Kenoro, and the prince made a wail so sorrowful that it pierced Frost's heart. What was going to happen to her dear Kenoro?

• Posted at:

~Tsunami~

dinosaurjade212

Chapter 15:

I sat in the cell, listening to water drip and the flies buzz. Kenoro... No. He had to be okay. 

But what if he wasn't? The spear had hit him, hard, right in the mouth, and he had been knocked unconscious afterwards. The guards had dragged me right down here, and locked me up. 

I heard voices drawing closer, and two guards emerged into the hallway. But their voices were heavy and sorrowful. 

"Did you hear?" The first guard asked the second one. "The prince got hurt, and he might die." 

No! 

I punched the bars of my cell. It hurt my hands, but nothing was more painful than the ache in my heart. 

The muffled clang when I hit the bars caught the guards' attention. They came over to my cell, and one of them hissed, "Hey, outlaw! Be quiet!" 

Without really knowing what I was doing, I opened my mouth and said, "I want to speak with the king and queen." 

The guards conferred quietly, as if discussing whether I was being insane or not. 

Finally, they decided that I was half-insane. The guards hastily nodded at me and scurried off, leaving me in solitude again. 

A while later, they returned, but with King Cole. He dismissed the guards, and stood right on the other side of the bars of my cell. His dark eyes, so much like Kenoro's, they were filled with grief. 

"Those guards have told me that you requested to see me." He said. 

I nodded. "I know how to save Kenoro." 

I could tell that he noticed that I didn't call Kenoro "Your Highness." But instead of annoyance or anger, he looked curious. "You refer to my son by his name. Why is that so?" 

"I—I've been spending time with him." I admitted. "And he's been so sweet and kind to me, even though I'm an outlaw and he's royalty. And I think I love him. That's why I asked for you. In the woods behind the palace courtyard, he and I met a kid named Simon, and he knows healing magic. And he'll be able to help. If he refuses, make him do it. Just don't let Kenoro die!" 

Those last words came out in a sob. Tears streamed down my face. But the king nodded. "I will try." 

Then he stood up, and left. 

It seemed like forever, but King Cole finally came back. 

This time, his eyes were clear and relieved. He came up to my cell, and said, "Thank you. Simon did not refuse, and he healed my son. But without you, we would have never known how to heal him, but because of you, he will live. You have my gratitude." 

He bowed, and I curtsied. He raised his head, and said, "Which makes me sorry to tell you that you are set to be executed tomorrow." 

• Posted at:

~Tsunami~

Thumbnail avatar 0d000fcdd8

dragonfire3007

This is so good! Also: AHHH CLIFFHANGER!

• Posted at:

Prism/Kaleidoscope

⇢She/Her/Fangirl⇠

⇢Star  Count ~ 804⇠

⇢5/5/15~Until the very end⇠  

⇢You're Talented & Amazing⇠ 

⇢And Don't Let Anyone Tell You Otherwise⇠ 

⇢And Always Chase Your Dreams⇠ 

1 ,