Thumbnail avatar

rabbitadorable23

It's so hard

So far I have about thirty words? I also have a couple prefixes

I've used character names that were original/exotic sounding some

Also I've done some compound words too

For example fire is gre, dragon is zahtánt, and Dragon fire is grezahtánt

Really I'm just making words as I need them or think of a good idea for them. For example, fight is very fierce sounding with a growl like "gérar" (grrrr-arr)

And girl is more soft, with dáe (pronounced like day)

• Posted at:

Please tell us why you'd like to report this post

Sunshine

or

Sakari

Queen of colorrabbits, and much more

Pink fluffeh unicorns dancing orainbows!!

#NERDYGEEKANDPROUD

Jesuloveyou!!

Goodbye everyone... it was good while it lasted. I'll always remember you, SAMB.

Thumbnail avatar 58dd975be9

anubisathena132

Sounds cool. May I help?

• Posted at:

Praetor Karter

Male

Half-Blood

Son of Athena

Starch is bad for ogres.

Gang: Kurogane, Fai, Leonardo and Rowan

"We don't have to dwell on painful moments"

~Fai D. Flowright.

Thumbnail avatar 0d000fcdd8

dragonfire3007

That is so cool!

• Posted at:

Prism/Kaleidoscope

⇢She/Her/Fangirl⇠

⇢Star  Count ~ 804⇠

⇢5/5/15~Until the very end⇠  

⇢You're Talented & Amazing⇠ 

⇢And Don't Let Anyone Tell You Otherwise⇠ 

⇢And Always Chase Your Dreams⇠ 

Thumbnail avatar 9a5932f5a3

ponyspicy6

that is amazing 0-0

• Posted at:

ⓈⓃⓌ-ⒺⓁⓎⒾⓊⓂ

☯she/her/weirdo☯

☯Anime\Manga\Book obsessed

☯"Now don't you understand...I'm never changing who I am.."-Imagine Dragons☯

☯Goddess of winter, nature, and art☯

Remember the lost☯

☯LGBTQ+ supporter

Rember the SAMB

Thumbnail avatar 2a634b7657

wolffighting2768

Ah, I see you are creating one also?  I am still making one, I have spent about three years making the language of the kyngs.  So far I am making an alphabet and numbers right now.

• Posted at:

{Zane}

/354852

REMEMBER THE ONES WHO COULDN'T MAKE IT

"Dawn of a New day: 72 hours remaining."  Legend of Zelda: Majora's mask.

Thumbnail avatar 7840051c4f

dragonwolf4753

If you want to make a language, base it off from Latin. Latin's the root language for all other languages so I'd research Latin before going onward, it'll help you figure out verbs, adjectives, pural nouns and singular nouns, etc. 

• Posted at:

Seeker/V̵̰̱̾̂̇̀̈́͜ǒ̴̪͓̺̎̀̌̐́̏̈́̅ȉ̵̢̧̦̣̼͙͇͔̖̍̓͌̀̇͜d̸͖̼̟̝̪͖͆̅̿ ʜɪʀ-ʟʏɪ-ʀʙʟ

ɪ ɴ' ʀ ɪ ʀ ʏ ɪɴ,ɪ ʀʟʏ ɪ ʀ ɢɪɴ ʀʏ ɪ

The house was awake, the shadows and monsters. The hallways, they echoed and groaned

Thumbnail avatar

rabbitadorable23

Actually I'm wanting the language to be completely original. I may pull some inspiration from real words, but probably not much.

And I'm taking Spanish at school right now with like a 98 and I have like a 97 in English so I'm using what I know from their to brainstorm grammar stuff and what  words to start with.

• Posted at:

Sunshine

or

Sakari

#NERDYGEEKANDPROUD

Jesuloveyou!!

Goodbye everyone... it was good while it lasted. I'll always remember you, SAMB.

Thumbnail avatar e22ed12d21

liondragon3229

@Sunshine, sounds cool!

@Seeker, I don’t want to offend you, but not all languages are based off Latin. Just saying.

• Posted at:

can't think of anything  put here.

Thumbnail avatar

rabbitadorable23

Yeah... only the romance languages are. Like Spanish and French. Even English is based primarily on German, not Latin... English just has some Latin root words we borrowed xD

• Posted at:

Sunshine

or

Sakari

#NERDYGEEKANDPROUD

Jesuloveyou!!

Thumbnail avatar 37d0055509

scarletdragon3016

Well, it depends if you have an alphabet. @Seeker Latin isn't the root language for all other languages.

-Galaxian-

• Posted at:

Ⱡ

₳

єχρσѕισи

ł

₳

₦

Est. June 2018

Stars: 4,967

God of Loyalty, Life, & Cosmos

We never know all the chances we lost

Until we lose them

~I guess it's almost time to say...

"Sayonara"~

Thumbnail avatar

rabbitadorable23

The language is more of an oral language than it is written. Furthermore, I'm mostly using it in writing in a doc, so I couldn't use an alphabet there.

The language is basically going to be a dragon language for a story I'm writing. It'll probably be a more simplistic language with all the words... I'm thinking that the dragons are those of few words basically xD

• Posted at:

Sunshine

or

Sakari

#NERDYGEEKANDPROUD

Jesuloveyou!!

dragonwolf4753

Lol, none of you have taken latin so it's funny to find people say it's not really a root language XD. It's mainly the root for German because the whole English language came from latin... and I'm German so I should know. But since it's a dead language I have to count in the fact that many people will not realize how key of a language it used to be... *sigh*

Don't read everything off the internet kids, if you're taking four years of it, you'll learn it's the base language for almost all. (I originally said all because Latin is in some words in other languages). Galaxrain, I see you evidence isn't from a good source? Looking up your statement it came from wikipedia, no offense but that source ain't good for facts.

Also Sunshine, I was speaking in terms of a guide line, to help speed up the process. I didn't mean to use the language and just change a few syllables, it was a suggestion so you could understand how English came to be.

And you dummies, almost every word from English relates back to Latin in some way XD, have you taken classes if you're all "so" educated?

Again, don't take this the wrong way^

I just want people to know that if they don't know a lot of a subject then don't go head first and claim you opinion is the correct one which is what a ton of you did lol. 

• Posted at:

The house was awake, the shadows and monsters. The hallways, they echoed and groaned

Thumbnail avatar

rabbitadorable23

Even if it's a dead language, that still doesn't mean that most languages come from it. Yes, many do, and many come from languages that come from it, but that doesn't mean that all of them come from it

Also I know how big of a language it was. I'm actually really interested in Latin, but there is no way my mom would ever let me take it because she thinks Spanish is already hard when it's not xD

And not every word links back to Latin... some come from Greek (although Greek and latin do share a common root language I believe)

• Posted at:

Sunshine

or

Sakari

#NERDYGEEKANDPROUD

Jesuloveyou!!

dragonwolf4753

Latin wasn't really from the Greek lanugage, it's actually very separate but in some ways, you could consider it the 2.0 version if you wanna.

I mean I'm in Latin and my teacher, who's the boom (best teaher I've ever met actually who teaches really good) has taught it for around fifteen years and everyday, the world makes more sense as he pulls word after word and how it connects to English. 

Spanish is fun, I listen to my friends talk about it and I can vaguely understand some of it concepts thanks to Latin, but both are good to learn depending on your style.

Again, I'm not saying your guys opinions don't matter, I'm just saying I have a little bit more evidence to back it up my statements.

• Posted at:

Thumbnail avatar 37d0055509

scarletdragon3016

Wait, huh, I'm neither saying it's not a root language, nor am I saying anything from Wikipedia xD. I guess I talk like an non-credible source? No, I'm saying it's not the root for all languages. Such generalizations are usually false. I'm not denying that Latin isn't essential to how English is now, today. Once again, I'm saying it's not the root for all languages. I feel the need to stress that. :)

But since you said that it's the "base language for almost all", I kind of do reverse my statement a bit, since that's what I was intending to focus on. In addition, not everything taught in school is true, and this goes the same for any other source, or at least should be considered.

I will daresay, however, that Latin is the root language for the Romance languages, as has heavy influence upon other languages as well. However, "other" does not mean "all". I was preventing myself from saying this yesterday, but Latin did not have an influence on Chinese (Mandarin and all dialects) until China had foreign interference, in which case the only "influence" was to the "PinYin alphabet", which in fact isn't essential to the language at all.

This is only one example. But going off of your claim that "since you're German so you should know", I'm Chinese and I hopefully know as well. :)

I feel like I'm stemming into arguing, so I'll stop. Sorry :P.

-Galaxian-

• Posted at:

Ⱡ

₳

єχρσѕισи

ł

₳

₦

Est. June 2018

Stars: 4,967

God of Loyalty, Life, & Cosmos

We never know all the chances we lost

Until we lose them

~I guess it's almost time to say...

"Sayonara"~

dragonwolf4753

Galaxrhan, gosh, you're getting better at arguing everyday XD.

Didn't mean to make this into a gloomy argument.

Anyways Sunshine, it's looking good so keep it up!

• Posted at:

Thumbnail avatar 9d8cdc0ffb

butterflycat1708

Neato! It's really interesting to see people who actually use their imaginations for something :D

Oh and it's really cool you're learning Spanish! It's my native language (I'm Peruvian) so if you need help I'm here for ya ;)

afaik Latin is the root for those called Romance Languages, those that mostly come from Central Europe I think. 

Other languages are completely unique though, and do not have any connection with Latin :)

• Posted at:

SPECTER

~ They/them ~ Nerdy friendo ~

Fight!

The universe calls.

Let the star's light

Refract into the night.

After all,

This world's never

truly dark.

+*~Believe~*+