Thumbnail avatar 280110666c

hydrakitten48

Okay, so I'm planning on signing up for a theatre class for next year. I want to sign up for at least one and my two options for theatre are Intro to Theatre and the one about behind the scenes stuff. If you've had any experience with those classes, do ya think you could tell me about them? I want to sign up for a theatre class because I have almost zero irl friends and it's hard for me to socialize with people due to anxiety and all of that stupid garbage. I'm more inclined to do Intro to Theatre because it'd get me out of my comfort zone, in a good way, and I think improv would definitely help me.

Ugh, why is it hard for me to explain to y'all my current situation... :/  You see, I got pretty sad a couple of days ago about how I have almost no friends {I do have friends from my old school, but I haven't talked to them in a while. Not because I'm purposefully pushing them away, but because my dad took away my iPad and its wifi [I choose to not have accounts on social media platforms, so I only text them]. It also doesn' help that going to a high school out of district}. I was explaining to my mom about how I've been talking to this nice girl (Elena) in my Geometry class. We had the same lunch for the first semester last year, and I think I rarely talked then and focused on eating. She was a friend of someone who went to my old school up until 8th grade. I cried when I told my mom that I was surprised that Elena remembered my name. We haven't had a class or lunch together since then until this class.

I'm more social than I was last year, but I still think that if I said something in one of my classes (Honors Bio last semester), a few people might think "Wow, she speaks."

The great thing about the forums is that I'm able to talk to you guys via writing. I can edit what I say before I press submit. The forums have also given me some practice with talking to people.

I'm sorry for ranting and the somewhat unorganized mess, I just wanted to get this off my chest. I already posted this on the WoFMB so I can get their opinion as well, but the philter hasn't allowed it to go through yet. I'll also give you guys updates on my social life from time to time on my homethread, which you can find on the WoFMB (/352812)

Please let this through, Phill. I would really appreciate it if you did

Sent at 4:06 PM EST

• Posted at:

Please tell us why you'd like to report this post

Ƒαηƚαѕу/Lιαc

She/Her

Proud Catholic

Bookish Writer-Editor

Fam: Everyone

BotW: 345247

EST. 10/08/14

~ 1616 stars ~

/352812

/354852

Don'thinof thiagoodbyethinof iaa "seyolater."

hydrakitten48

I'd really like to hear your thoughts/opinion on this

• Posted at:

Ƒαηƚαѕу/Lιαc

She/Her

Proud Catholic

Bookish Writer-Editor

EST. 10/08/14

~ 1616 stars ~

/352812

/354852

Don'thinof thiagoodbyethinof iaa "seyolater."

Thumbnail avatar b940f5abfd

crowsoul50

I'm doing theater tech right now! I can't speak for your school, but my school has a very robust drama program and as a result we have really good tech. I personally am not one for on-stage, but if you think you could do it then by all means do that over tech. If you take Intro to Theatere, it's almost certain that you'll come out with friends. Theater kids in general are very welcome and accepting (and, chances are, a lot of them feel the same way you do!) and for the most part they're all good people to surround yourself with. My Tech class has more of a focus on making stuff. A good portion of people in my class already take theater and know each other, which is why I say that you should take Intro first. Like you said, I think that class would definitely help you with your communication and confidence. You could even take improv classes outside of school if you think that would help.

Honestly, you remind me so much of myself when I was a freshman. I didn't know who my friends were and I was painfully shy. Whatever you pick, I'm sure it will do you good. If your school has a drama club, I highly reccomend you get involved in that as well because there will be a lot of overlap and kids who don't have time to take theater will be there as well. Who knows? You might find someone that shares a class with you.

Sent 11:56PM EST

• Posted at:

ISHMAEL

August 2017 — March 2019

12,948 Stars

When it’s time for you to venture out, don’t let fear have you looking back at what you’re leaving behind. 

Thumbnail avatar 12edd9a473

opaldragon1081

So, honestly, IM SO HAPPY FOR YOU!!!! Theatre is honestly soooo amazing and if you want to form close bonds with people, it’s totally the way to go! There is no closer bond than the ones that you form with your cast. You will become closer than family. I would try Intro to Theatre if you are ok with putting yourself out there. If you don’t have stage fright, or are scared of speaking then I don’t really think that one is for you. If you want to do more “you can’t see me I’m not on stage” then I would do the behind the scenes. Hope this helped! All roles in theatre are equally important, so just remember that when you make your decision . 

• Posted at:

Obsidian

"If nothing ever changed, there would be no such thing as butterflies."

"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read!"

"Two heads are better than one."

#moresigsp-

#Reilin4ever

Thumbnail avatar f5bda21c4d

happyhopeful24

i can relate

im taking drama class (its basically intro to drama, mu school seems to have cut drama production classes so that sucks) right now bc i couldn't take art (but i can next year!) and its been so fun so far! its been just a week and i already feel a bit more confident when talking to people in that class. also, everyone is super nice. i took it bc i couldnt take art and i thought itd help me be a little more confident and help with my anxiety and so far it's ben pretty good! i def recommend since its been fun and i look forward to drama class everyday. i think that going for imtro to drama is good for making friends (drama kids seem to be really nice) and getting more confident and comfortable with the social stuff. 

• Posted at:

happeh  

people come into our lives for a reason

bringing something we must learn

we are led to those who help us most to grow

we help them in return

i don't know if i believe that's true

but i know i'm who i am today

because i knew you

Thumbnail avatar 00c940725c

lavenderdawn69

@Fantasy:I think that you should sign up for Intro to Theatre. I'm in a theatre class right now and it's pretty fun.

Sorry about your current situation. It sounds pretty tough to have anxiety. Honestly, though, the only way to get better is by trying to socialize more even if it's hard, but at the end of the day, it's your decision to do that or not, and I respect that.

Anyways, welcome to my home fourms! Hope you like it here!

• Posted at:

Lavender/Iria

ASLAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!,you'd make a great teacher.

My gang:Strawberry Shortcake, Plum Pudding, Lemon Meringue, Blueberry Muffin, Raspberry Torte, Ginger Snap

The world changes,nature shrivels but also blooms,yet we stay strong.

hydrakitten48

Thank you all for your advice. The thing that stinks is that I'm a sophomore, so I could've joined last year. At least I joined the school choir last spring, so that's why I've become more social

• Posted at:

Ƒαηƚαѕу/Lιαc

She/Her

Proud Catholic

Bookish Writer-Editor

EST. 10/08/14

~ 1616 stars ~

/352812

/354852