Thumbnail avatar 0373885bc5

determinedelf48

Well I have a topic for psychology paper I need to write and for my project, I need a mass amount of people to help me I've asked the people I know but I don't think that will be enough! So ya, my topic is on how jokes affect people!

We have all said something that has made people dislike us or the other way around this is about awareness of ourselves as well as others! This isn’t to bash anyone or bring up anything this is a purely reflective thing please try to be detailed.If this gets enough comments it will be very helpful in giving me more time for a big gift I have for all the SAMBers. Which I wanted to complete before I present it on the SAMB. Thank you! Let's show the power of the SAMB!

- Elfie 

---------------------------------------------------

All Answers are needed by March 20th 2019

Because my paper is due March 25th 2019

------------------------------------------------

Questions:

Your Enneagram(don't know what it is look it up it's not that hard I promise):

What does a sincere apology mean to you?:

What is the most offensive joke that has been said to you, about you, or even behind your back that you found out about! That made you feel hurt or offended:

What about the joke upset/hurt  you?:

Did they apologize? if so did you feel like it was sincere?:

What was the most hurtful thing you said to someone else?:

Did they forgive you? What do you think it took for them to forgive you?:

When do you feel like a joke stops being funny? (becomes an insult or offensive):

Other/anything you wanted to add:

• Posted at:

Please tell us why you'd like to report this post

Hi, I AM Elfie

∆ Queen of all things elvish ∆

Le Ka ◊ Li ◊ Ra ◊ Ro◊ DaPi ◊ Fe ◊ Sa ◊ Ik ◊ CiSeKw

Twin= Elf

멈추지 말고 계속 해나가기만 한다면 늦어도 상관없다

Thumbnail avatar 08542ec81c

fairyaqua268

Elfie!! Good to see a face I remember after being away for so long.  I'll gladly help, to show the power of the SAMB!

My Enneagram is Type 6 (The Loyalist), and taking wings into account, 6w5.  (Idk I took a quiz thingy)

A sincere apology is something very special to me, considering that most teenagers are too self-absorbed to ever realize they hurt me in the first place.  I still have trouble forgiving the person afterward, depending on what it was they did.

The most offensive thing that's been said to me was probably a time, after an argument, when a guy who used to be a friend called me a waste of time, and called me Miss Perfect.  He even said that straight to my face.

This hurt me because I'm not usually targeted, as I tend to be more of a loner with a few close friends.  Also, I admit that I am a bit of a perfectionist, and I have standards that are too high for myself.  It's an insecurity of mine and the insult hit me in the feels.  

He didn't apologize.  

The most hurtful thing I've ever called someone, it was in response to this guy, was out of spite.  I called him a few things that Phil would report me for...

We never talked after that because he thought he was right and he wasn't, he created false evidence and everything, it was ridiculous.  So, he probably hasn't forgiven me, but I haven't forgiven him either.  

I feel like a joke stops being funny once the person/subject it's about has been hurt or offended by it.  Clearly, if it hurts someone, it's wrong.

I hope this helps with your assignment!!

Good luck!

PHIL PLEASE LET THIS THROUGH FOR ELFIE'S SAKE!

• Posted at:

Lunar

and my flipside, Solar

#RememberTheSAMB

Proud Ravenclaw!    

n

Thumbnail avatar 1c2d65e82f

parakeetpanther60

bookmark 

I'll fill this out as soon as I can :)

• Posted at:

|+| Milo Dechire |+|

Conservative

Agnostic 

LGBTQ

TRANS

+~+~+~+~+

Heads or tails

Do you even know

Which side you're on?

And does it even matter

If they're on

The same coin?

Heroes always get remembered

But you know legends 

Never die

Thumbnail avatar 9714b0e8ea

birdbird11230

sometimes people hurt me even if they are just playing around like if they talk about my family but it turns out it is a joke and if people are just rude to my friends but, yes I would be glad to help. well the rudes thing said to me would of been when me and my best friend had a big arguement then she said that she would never be my friend agian well I have a hard time making friends as it is and so she was my first friend. 

even if it was an aguement it has also been when her friend (my best friend)  said she shouldn't be my friend

• Posted at:

HI CALL ME CALI I AM GLAD TO MEET YOU!!!

ALWAYS LOOKING FOR FRIENDs

BE A BUDDY NOT A  BULLY

I know the forums are ending but, keep hoping for a better one to reappear 

Thumbnail avatar f5bda21c4d

happyhopeful24

bookmarking to fill out when i have more time

• Posted at:

happeh  

people come into our lives for a reason

bringing something we must learn

we are led to those who help us most to grow

we help them in return

i don't know if i believe that's true

but i know i'm who i am today

because i knew you

Thumbnail avatar b162f9c21d

dreamtimecrow55

bookmark

• Posted at:

__Reve_Elysium__

They/Them || Gay || Leo

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"We all cry in mascara, it happens." ☾  

→Jenna Marbles←

⦊ Artist

⦊ Roleplayer

⦊ Character Design & World building

⦊ High Concentration of uwu

Thumbnail avatar d315b60f37

aqualoki7

Questions:

Your Enneagram(don't know what it is look it up it's not that hard I promise):

Type 6: The Loyalist

It means the world to me.

What is the most offensive joke that has been said to you, about you, or even behind your back that you found out about! That made you feel hurt or offended: I've been called nerd or geek or cur se words.

What about the joke upset/hurt  you?:

It hurt my feelings bc it was from my own friends

Did they apologize? if so did you feel like it was sincere?: No. They did not apologize

What was the most hurtful thing you said to someone else?: I've called my best friend a gardening tool (this doesn't make any sense but I'm sure it will soon.)

Did they forgive you? What do you think it took for them to forgive you?: They have not forgave me.

When do you feel like a joke stops being funny? (becomes an insult or offensive): When people start making hurtful comments.

I hope this helped!!! 

~Blizzard wuz here

• Posted at:

Blizzard

Gryffindor                

Daughter of Poseidon

Form names:

Evie

Scarlet

Allie

Abcde

I'll miss you guys!! I love you like my family (and that's saying something). Probably won't be able to get on HB with all the bugs in the program.

Thumbnail avatar 0d000fcdd8

dragonfire3007

bookmark

• Posted at:

Prism/Kaleidoscope

⇢She/Her/Fangirl⇠

⇢Star  Count ~ 804⇠

⇢5/5/15~Until the very end⇠  

⇢You're Talented & Amazing⇠ 

⇢And Don't Let Anyone Tell You Otherwise⇠ 

⇢And Always Chase Your Dreams⇠ 

Thumbnail avatar 971efb7c8a

mermaidvulcan14

Your Enneagram(don't know what it is look it up it's not that hard I promise): 5w6

Depends on what someone is apologizing for and who it is. I'll accept the apology (98% of the time) and make sure that the person doesn't mess up again to see if they are sincere or not. I will appreciate it if is sincere

What is the most offensive joke that has been said to you, about you, or even behind your back that you found out about! That made you feel hurt or offended:

I don't find jokes offensive at all. They're jokes, sure, they can be bad.  I've been insulted behind my back by a "friend"

What about the joke upset/hurt  you?: I thought we were friends and she betrayed my trust. She even said that she did it and hasn't apologized ever (this was over 5 years ago)

Did they apologize? if so did you feel like it was sincere?: Lol nope

What was the most hurtful thing you said to someone else?: I said they were acting like something (let's say they were being childish and dumb)

Did they forgive you? What do you think it took for them to forgive you?:

He did, because once I found out that it offended him, I apologized. I've never used that word in relation to him ever since

When do you feel like a joke stops being funny? (becomes an insult or offensive):

Like I said, I don't find anything offensive, although I do get concerned if you say something disguised as a joke and mean it

Other/anything you wanted to add:

Everyone gets too offended over everything and anything these days.

Also, I hope you do well for your paper! I'm thinking of taking psychology next year

• Posted at:

Syalla

Sub 2 Pewdiepie

G A M E R S, R I S E  U P

Sned help

Me Me BIG Disappointment

Remember Stefan (Robbie Rotten), Stan Lee and Stephan Hillenburg

I.S. ruined Fire Emblem

Wait, am I supposed to put something edgy and/or thought provoking here?

Thumbnail avatar d9268bcca1

dragonflyhawk130

So, my Enneagram is Achiever, according to an online test and taking wings into account, 8w7. A sincere apology would be where someone actually feels truly sorry, apologizes on their own, and tries to make it better. The most offensive joke I can think of at the moment would probably be when people joked about my intelligence in any way, although I can't really think of a specific situation. It hurt me because my intelligence is something I prize. I"m smart, although I try not to show off and it wasn't very nice that they were teasing about something important to me. This joke has happened a few times from different people and none of them really apologized, but I'm used to it and just moved on. I think the most offensive thing I ever said would have been when I wasn't in a really good mood and said a whole bunch of purposely hurtful things to my best friend during a fight that probably wouldn't make it past the filter. I think a joke stops being funny when it insults a specific trait in a specific way instead of just being like calling names playfully but purposefully targeting a specific trait that person might be sensitive about. 

Hope this helps! Good luck with your project! Also, it's good to see you again!

Mods, please let this through.

• Posted at:

Call me Dawn!

Female

~Queen of Books~

Homethread @349256

Library Nerd!

#Avidreader

#Lockwood&Co.

#SixofCrows

Weekly Quote: