Thumbnail avatar 8026f974b5

tsunamininja5

I've asked other people and no one has given me decent advice - seems that no one else wears them. Anyway, no, they're not to "change my eye color for FUN YAYYYYYYY", I have them because I'm pretty much blind on one side of my face. So. Tried them for the first time yesterday. The right lens popped out after about a hundred tries (not even exaggerating) and the left lens....it got stuck. They couldn't get it out either. So that was fun. Eventually it flew out onto the floor, but that was after nearly an hour of trying to get it out.

Anyway, any tips on taking out contact lenses? You might say I'm having a bit of trouble with that.

• Posted at:

Please tell us why you'd like to report this post

- Lahash -

Also known as Samurai

Est. January 2014

Author of the Path of Legends series - coming 2020!

"Fear not in this Time of Chaos, this War of Darkness. For on the horizon, there shines a light, a light brighter than any before . . ."

Thumbnail avatar b162f9c21d

dreamtimecrow55

I've just recently started wearing contacts as well, but im at the point where im getting pretty good at putting them in and taking them out. When I first started, i just kinda closed my eye and rubbed at my eyelid a whole lot to loosen it, and then pulled it down to the bottom of my eye, and just kinda a combination of these two until it starts to fold up and you pull it out. This is still how I have to do it when i wear fake nails lol. But you just kinda gotta not be afraid to pull it down until its at the bottom of your eye, and just pluck it out. 

Mainly it takes practice, its a tiny lil disc on your eye, so not the easiest thing to deal with. I have astigmatism too, so my lenses aren't round and I used to put them in upside-down (not inside out, upside down) and it was probably the worst feeling ever. The struggle is real for all us contacts wearers out here. 

• Posted at:

__Reve_Elysium__

They/Them || Gay || Leo

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"We all cry in mascara, it happens." ☾  

→Jenna Marbles←

⦊ Artist

⦊ Roleplayer

⦊ Character Design & World building

⦊ High Concentration of uwu

Thumbnail avatar 8026f974b5

tsunamininja5

Thanks for the advice, much appreciated!

• Posted at:

- Lahash -

Also known as Samurai

Est. January 2014

Author of the Path of Legends series - coming 2020!

"Fear not in this Time of Chaos, this War of Darkness. For on the horizon, there shines a light, a light brighter than any before . . ."

Thumbnail avatar f04ec13a2d

catamber1354

Mostly it just takes practice. It used to take me 40 minutes to an hour to put in contacts and take them out, now it takes me less than five.

• Posted at:

Forget all this stuff that I usually put here. The forums are ending so no one cares what's supposed to be here.

But this is what I want you all to remember: Be kind. You will have everything in life if you are kind.

Love you all.

~Windsong <3

Thumbnail avatar 29f5a0b9df

amberpegasus203

I feel you on the contact lenses trouble. 

Personally, I try to keep my eyes fairly dry when removing my lenses, but that's not fun and probably doesn't work for everyone. Try to keep your eye centered on a mirror or some other reflective surface. Don't tilt your head or look side to side. That generally helps me when I'm taking my contacts out.

Honestly, the most I can say is practice putting them on and taking them off as much as you can to get accustomed to the feeling. I've worn contacts for over a year now, and I (think) I can safely say that most of the issue is training your eyes not to instinctively reject the foreign object you're sticking to them.

• Posted at:

Raven Tsakaryn

~est. April 2014~

Oh, how I've missed you, my friend...

Time has changed us both.

But deep down, our hearts remain the same.

So, no matter where life takes us, remember...

Thumbnail avatar 1c2d65e82f

parakeetpanther60

Can't say I'm much help, Sammy. I had them once but they felt kinda wonky and dried out my eyes badly. Never had a problem getting them on or out, I just kinda squeezed both sides and it sucked off?

• Posted at:

|+| Milo Dechire |+|

Conservative

Agnostic 

LGBTQ

TRANS

+~+~+~+~+

Heads or tails

Do you even know

Which side you're on?

And does it even matter