Thumbnail avatar 3ec3391dac

dragonwolf2982

There's so much I wanna say to you guys that I never realized I wanted to say... Guess I'll say it here.

First off, I have no intention of leaving. That's actually why I nicknamed myself Eternity, because when I found this place, I wanted to stay forever. And I still do. Since I can access Home Base, I'll be staying. But not everyone can make the upcoming transition, so I figured I'd say what I want to say before people have to leave.

Well, seems like a lot of people are just sad to see this place go. So am I, it just... it hurts. It hurts a lot. But then, "this place" isn't necessarily the SAMB, what makes it painful is saying goodbye to the people here, everyone we've known. We are the SAMB. This isn't the first time we've had to say goodbye to people, it certainly won't be the last. But that doesn't stop it from hurting. But at least we got to know those people, people we never would have met if not for the SAMB. And who knows? Maybe we'll see them again someday.

If you're someone who's being forced to leave because of this change, I'm sorry. You'll be missed. *Hug*

Nowadays there's a lot of talk about social media being "bad," but I think this place is proof that that's not necessarily true. It's a forum, there are lots and lots and lots of forums out there, but I've never seen any as tight-knit or accepting. You helped me to come out of my shell, to realize that I can try new things on my own, that I didn't need someone to hold my hand through life. You guys also actually helped me at a hard point in my life... I never really talked about it. And now I have no reason to, since you helped me through it.

Thank you.

This isn't the first time the SAMB has gone through a big change. One time, we had flame wars every week for a month. Another time, a lot of people simultaneously left the SAMB. Once everyone was nervous about the sudden introduction of a large number of "newbies" (but honestly, if you were one of said newbies that stuck around, I don't think anyone could imagine the SAMB without you now.) And I haven't even been here long compared to a lot of you, so I'm probably just sitting on the tip of the iceburg. And yeah, change can hurt. But I'm glad that it means I get to meet new people, see new things. New stories, new roleplays, new conversations that I never would've found otherwise.

The forums are being taken down. I made a lot of memories here, and it really hurts, but I'm glad I got to meet all of you. Thanks, everyone!

And I would like to mention some people specifically, as well...

@Samurai - I don't normally get to see you much anymore, since school is dominating my weekends.... I'm sorry. I feel horrible that I can't talk to you as much, since I care about you a ton and I wanna be there for you. Thanks for all those good days of Wizard101, conspiracy theories, and bobblegangers, and I hope we can make more great memories!

@Bobcat (if you're reading) - Stay snazzy, frond. And eat lots of sandwiches ;D

@Waffle - Bob. Stay safe, don't die, don't be accused of major felonies but minor ones are fine. Oh, and don't be murdered by birbs.

@Tale - Imma just say it, thanks for introducing me to Homestuck. One of the best months of my life was reading the thing.

@Aphrodite - Well, I don't think we ever talked much... or at least, it's been ages. Just wanted to let you know that I'm still thinking of you :D

@Ocean - Thanks for remembering I exist, honestly. And thanks for many great gang intros. I wish you well on your quest to topple Dark Lord Aaron.

@Ayita, if you're reading - Roleplaying with you was the good old days to me. Thank you for so many good memories!

@Verity, if you're reading - Thanks for always being there to talk to! And thanks for introducing me to so much stuff, you introduced me to three of my favorite shows. Also thanks for letting me ramble on about stuff XD

@Prank, if you're reading - I don't think we ever properly met, actually... But I'm a huge fan of your writing! Thanks for many hours of reading!

@Kodah - Yeah I'm not sure if we've met, honestly. But your writing is really good, and was a big inspiration to me, so... thanks!

@Raven - Wow I hope we can still talk, because I feel like I never got to know you as well as I would've liked. And thanks for reading my stuff!

@Galaxian - Wow, I didn't get to know you for very long, when I think about it... I'll miss you!!!! I hope I'll see you again somewhere! And also, your writing is amazing.

@Ishmael - I never really said anything, but a lot of your posts made me laugh, or brightened my day. Thanks for that!!

@Phil - You know, I'm gonna miss you also. I'm gonna miss all of the threads with people begging you to let their threads through, those were fun. Bye, Phil, you'll be missed by at least one person!

Wow, I feel like I'm gonna miss someone on the specific SAMBers part. I'm so sorry if I did!! For a lot of people, it isn't goodbye, but it sure does feel like it... I'll miss you guys that won't be on Home Base! Thank you for so many great memories!

• Posted at:

Please tell us why you'd like to report this post

Eternity EternaFlamCrandberrand Katrina

Bobcat Twin

Gang @/341306

#EternityIsAPancake

#OnlyOneSpeshalBubbles

#SaveIsaac2k18

#Deltasquad

UNDERTALE fan

Pegasister

Homestuckian

Icecream

"rAARRGH NO DARK LORD AARON" -Ocean 2k18

#RememberTheSAMB

dragonwolf2982

Oh, and @Becky, thanks for warning us of the change in advance. Also, you're a really cool admin, so I hope I'll still see you on Home Base too!

• Posted at:

Bobcat Twin

Gang @/341306

#EternityIsAPancake

#OnlyOneSpeshalBubbles

#SaveIsaac2k18

#Deltasquad

UNDERTALE fan

Pegasister

Homestuckian

Icecream

#RememberTheSAMB

Thumbnail avatar 29f5a0b9df

amberpegasus203

I'll be moving to Homebase. It sucks that you won't be as active there, but hopefully I'll see you around. And no problem, your skits and sutff make for a great read!

• Posted at:

Raven Tsakaryn

~est. April 2014~

Oh, how I've missed you, my friend...

Time has changed us both.

But deep down, our hearts remain the same.

So, no matter where life takes us, remember...

Thumbnail avatar 2a7c61cd8e

scarletdragon3016

I do too. I really want(ed) to stay forever. I hope you can, Eternity. Please stay on HB and be yourself, like you say you are going to. :)

-Galaxian- 

• Posted at:

Ⱡ

₳

єχρσѕισи

ł

₳

₦

Est. June 2018

Stars: 4,967

God of Loyalty, Life, & Cosmos

We never know all the chances we lost

Until we lose them

~I guess it's almost time to say...

"Sayonara"~

dragonwolf2982

@Raven actually I'll probably be way more active there, honestly. I guess now that a ton of people are being forced to leave, it really hit me how much everyone here means to me, so now I just wanna spend a ton of time with everyone... And thanks, that means a lot that you like my writing! :D

@Galaxian Thank you! I hope I'll get to see you again after the switch to Home Base!

• Posted at:

Bobcat Twin

Gang @/341306

#EternityIsAPancake

#OnlyOneSpeshalBubbles

#SaveIsaac2k18

#Deltasquad

UNDERTALE fan

Pegasister

Homestuckian

Icecream

#RememberTheSAMB

Thumbnail avatar 8026f974b5

tsunamininja5

No, thank YOU for all of those great memories. Thanks for putting up with me for all these years, hehe. le baguette ahhonhonhon

I will see you elsewhere, frond. Stay spiffy. :D

• Posted at:

- Lahash -

Also known as Samurai

Est. January 2014

Author of the Path of Legends series - coming 2020!

"Fear not in this Time of Chaos, this War of Darkness. For on the horizon, there shines a light, a light brighter than any before . . ."

Thumbnail avatar a64f4fa3e1

creativescarlet16

this makes me cry jkgrne

• Posted at:

R E M E M B E R T H E L O S T 

*yEETS AWAY*

"I thought mascara was a fish"-Galaxian

"Make an insect AU and they're all fruit flies"- Ishmael

"Brussels sprouts are just delicious earth meatballs"-Becky

Deviantart is LivVirtual

Thumbnail avatar 5d80612a12

dinosaurjade212

My mom's giving me her iPad Pro so I can migrate to Home Base... 

• Posted at:

~Tsunami~

>Torchlight (My flipside)< 

You have my permission to call me weird. 

"Happiness is not something that you have to achieve. You can still feel happy during the process of achieving something." ~김남준

dragonwolf2982

@Samurai if you want I can start calling you Lahash or Ronin instead No, thank YOU *bops you with a baguette*

@creativescarlet16 Well whoops *Hug*

@Tsunami Yee!!

• Posted at:

Bobcat Twin

Gang @/341306

#EternityIsAPancake

#OnlyOneSpeshalBubbles

#SaveIsaac2k18

#Deltasquad

UNDERTALE fan

Pegasister

Homestuckian

Icecream

#RememberTheSAMB

Thumbnail avatar 77898c74ca

whitewolf9078

Honestly, we barely ever talked one on one, but I think you’ll be one of the people I’ll miss the most. And I’m glad I was an inspiration for you, that means a lot to me.

All and all, I’ll miss you. Maybe, just maybe, we’ll cross paths once again. :)

I wish only the best for you, Eternity.

• Posted at:

!!kodah!!

I'm the Ultimate Romantic!

The Ultimate Romantic doesn't know how to confess to his crush

!!!Don't Forget To Bond With Your Pineapple!!!

Thumbnail avatar af0c6c6246

skyscraperarrow12

imustgosobmoretearsout

• Posted at:

Destiny, Mai, Meanie, Dune, Mina

Rem:Scarlet/Soul

?WHO AM I REALLY?

A Warrior?

A Seeker?

A Fighter?

A Greencloak?

A Hero?

A Musician?

A Reader?

A Survivor?

A Challenger?

A Normal Girl?

A Ninjago Fan?

Turns out...

I'm all of them

And that's who I will always be...

We are proof that social media isn't all bad and evil.

• Posted at:

It's me, Bipper.

I think I'm bisexual.

If I am a sword, I am a sword made of glass, and I feel myself beginning to shatter.

Mare Barrow, Glass Sword

PAIN IS HILARIOUS, YOU GUYS.

Thumbnail avatar 02abafe43e

stormbreeze48

woah i recongize you! hi eternity! i don't remember if we did a lot together, but you're familiar and you seem pretty cool! 

god loves you all! 

• Posted at:

*~storm~*

"Do not be overcome by evil,

but overcome evil with good."

~Romans 12:21

Thank you, SAMB, for a wonderful experience.

Fullsig@/272051

#Pray

#Casper #Midoraka #Xcurgle 

#NiceDeliveryDudes #EveryPersonNeedsAKazoo

#Moresigspa-

Thumbnail avatar 2b4e58a204

brownwolf123

Eternity...man, you’re gonna make me cry. I’m sorry I couldn’t keep up the writing. I’ll make sure to do something special before the forums go read-only, though. Thank you for all the reads and reviews, they really meant a lot to me.

• Posted at:

Prank

CSBCJRKJPBSKS

MMMTBT

ASMJMRMNSUTM

RDPPFP

MMMMPL

CALLUZFCBPTPJEIBKSKKNBAMKS

GLMSZGMEAWASMFC

RWBYZSPHELVONYX

HNSAHU

FrKeAlHeChMN

SiFlCMAySaSiYuRyTkYkSAIbMyGyViElSBCa

MoMvPcWaSmOlIdNgSn

YnYgH/HYiYaSpLeDr

SuTaMgMDJDkRiKuKaRMGL

RSFSSIAMPRSMKCRHSPKHMRICESCPMMNY

Thumbnail avatar 00c940725c

lavenderdawn69

PRANK!! YOU'RE TEMPORARILY BACK!! HORRAY!!

• Posted at:

Lavender/Iria

ASLAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!,you'd make a great teacher.

My gang:Strawberry Shortcake, Plum Pudding, Lemon Meringue, Blueberry Muffin, Raspberry Torte, Ginger Snap

The world changes,nature shrivels but also blooms,yet we stay strong.

dragonwolf2982

Woah people r e m e m b e r  me  w o a h

I'll respond to everyone later today!

• Posted at:

Bobcat Twin

Gang @/341306

#EternityIsAPancake

#OnlyOneSpeshalBubbles

#SaveIsaac2k18

#Deltasquad

UNDERTALE fan

Pegasister

Homestuckian

Icecream

#RememberTheSAMB

dragonwolf2982

Me: I'll respond later today

Welp so much for that. I have homework tonight, so I'll respond tomorrow if I have time.

• Posted at:

Bobcat Twin

Gang @/341306

#EternityIsAPancake

#OnlyOneSpeshalBubbles

#SaveIsaac2k18

#Deltasquad

UNDERTALE fan

Pegasister

Homestuckian