Thumbnail avatar d9268bcca1

dragonflyhawk130

I am indescribably sad that these forums are going away. This place has been my home for around 5 years, ever since I was 8. I did a lot of stalking and little talking for a long time and I wasn't always very active. However, you guys are my friends and always will be. I never had very many friends and just being on here with you guys helped me through a lot of hard times. I have seen a lot of people leave and a lot of people come over the years and I remember most of them. Some of them I barely talked to and some, like many of you, I became great friends with. I will be moving to Homebase, although I know a lot of you can't or aren't. Because of this, I want to say goodbye, even though I will stubbornly cling on to everyone who is moving. You have been amazing friends and amazing people. If you have to leave and can't move, please check in some time at Homebase, just to say hi and reassure us that you are alive. I will never, never forget you or this forum and if you ever want to go to Homebase, know that there will always be a place for you. With this big change comes a new era. Many newbies will come and many of the people I have known for a long time will leave, but we will remember and we will carve out places for you if you ever go to Homebase. If I have to do it singlehandedly, I will. Your names will be passed around Homebase for years to come as those from the original forums. This change will be hard. We can still survive it. They say you only live once, but really you live every day and only die once. Live life to the fullest and remember us if you can. If you ever get discouraged or need support, think of us and this forum. If you stop by Homebase, I will always be there to talk for as long as I can. If you are moving to Homebase, I want to say that I am glad I will still get to see you. The change will be hard but the important thing will be that we stick together. We will get through this. I know this has hit everyone hard and most of our family members and irl friends don't understand, but we will get through this. Just stay strong. This has been really rambling and I can only hope it made sense, but I'm not quite done. I would like to thank some of you individually and I would thank all of you separately if I could, but I can't. So, I would like to thank...

Galaxian- You are so smart and amazing and it will be a privilege to continue writing with you. You are the smartest person I have ever met and I know you will go far. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if you became a famous scientist or conquered the world peacefully or did anything in between. You always seem bright and happy and have a great sense of humor. Whenever I see your posts, I smile. You have been a great friend to me and to all of us. I can only hope that Homebase will work for you soon so we don't have to lose you. 

Ishmael- I always felt that I never really talked to you enough, but you were always a great forum Dad. You have a wicked sense of humor and are a great role model. You took great care of your forum children. I don't know if you are moving, but if you aren't, know that I will miss you and always remember you. 

Lahash- I think I first started poking around the forums around the time you joined. You weren't perhaps always the happiest member of the forums, but it was great to see you always. I am glad that you are still doing taekwondo because I know how much it means to you. You write amazing, if sometimes dark, poetry and I will miss you if you don't move with us. Keep doing what you love and always think of us, because we will always be thinking of you.

Windsong- You are a great friend and always inspirational. You came back not all that long ago and now everything is falling apart. I have enjoyed seeing you around and hope that you will continue to be as amazing as you are now. 

Lunar- I didn't know you all that well before you left, and now you have come back just as the forums are going away. From what I do know of you, you seem like a great person and I know you will go far in life. Keep being positive and don't forget us, because we won't forget you.

Echo- You are so upbeat and kind. You really are an amazing person. You will always have a special place in my memory and I will always remember you. Keep being amazing, keep being upbeat and happy and all the things that make you you. Thank you for being a good friend and SAMBer to everyone. 

Lyio- You haven't been on here long, but you are a great person. Thank you for being on here while you could. You are amazing and I wish you luck in life if you aren't moving.

Arl- You are amazing and you have a great sense of humor. I feel like I have practically known you forever. I love reading your posts and seeing you on here. If you aren't moving, know that I will always miss you.

Happeh- You have been on here a long time and it is always great to see you. You have been a great friend and SAMBer for everyone. We are both from an older generation and remember things not everyone does. I will always miss you if you leave.

Darmidnight- You were on here when I first came back and I have to admit that at first I was slightly taken aback to see someone who reminded me so much of my younger self. You can be dramatic at times, but what is life without a little drama? You are always so happy and upbeat and I hope you maintain that the rest of your life.

Everyone Else- I am sorry I could not address all of you individually, but I want you to know that I will always remember you. You all are what have made this forum what it is, shaping it over the years. It doesn't matter if you have been here since the forum was brand-new or if you joined yesterday, you have made your mark on this place and on all of us in your own way. Thank you for being a part of this forum. You will not be forgotten.

Before I stop rambling, I wanted to let you all know that we will be having a funeral/tribute for the SAMB, probably around the 15th. I would like it if everyone could attend, just to say goodbye to the SAMB and your friends. I will have exact date, possibly a time, and more information on Thread #355826. Thank you for taking time to read this and I wish you all good luck with your lives, where ever you may go. Thank you for having me here and putting up with me for so long, particularly those of you who had to deal with me when I was new. You will never be forgotten.

-Dawn

• Posted at:

Please tell us why you'd like to report this post

Call me Dawn!

Female

~Queen of Books~

Homethread @349256

Library Nerd!

#Avidreader

#Lockwood&Co.

#SixofCrows

Weekly Quote:

"Be a voice, not an echo." - Unknown

Thumbnail avatar 8026f974b5

tsunamininja5

Thanks, Dawn. :) I'll miss you too.

• Posted at:

- Lahash -

Also known as Samurai

Est. January 2014

Author of the Path of Legends series - coming 2020!

"Fear not in this Time of Chaos, this War of Darkness. For on the horizon, there shines a light, a light brighter than any before . . ."

Thumbnail avatar 08542ec81c

fairyaqua268

*huggles*  Thank you, Dawn.  I hope you go far in life as well, I won't forget you.  I'll miss you and the rest of the SAMB.  Stay positive

wow i was actually mentioned XD

• Posted at:

Lunar

and my flipside, Solar

#RememberTheSAMB

Proud Ravenclaw!    

n

Thumbnail avatar e22ed12d21

liondragon3229

Wait, is that me?  Ok I'm sure that's not me but... still. Thanks for writing this post. 

this emoji is me right now.

• Posted at:

can't think of anything  put here.

liondragon3229

the emoji didn't go through...

• Posted at:

dragonflyhawk130

@Liyo- That is you. I just spelled your name wrong. Sorry about that. 

• Posted at:

Call me Dawn!

Female

~Queen of Books~

Homethread @349256

Library Nerd!

#Avidreader

#Lockwood&Co.

#SixofCrows

Weekly Quote:

dragonflyhawk130

Up. 

• Posted at:

Call me Dawn!

Female

~Queen of Books~

Homethread @349256

Library Nerd!

#Avidreader

#Lockwood&Co.

#SixofCrows

Weekly Quote:

liondragon3229

*Goes into shock after realising that I was remembered* 

I AM SPEECHLESS. 

• Posted at:

dragonflyhawk130

Up. (I want everyone I mentioned to see this.) 

• Posted at:

Call me Dawn!

Female

~Queen of Books~

Homethread @349256

Library Nerd!

#Avidreader

#Lockwood&Co.

#SixofCrows

Weekly Quote:

Thumbnail avatar f04ec13a2d

catamber1354

Wow, that was very meaningful. You're a special person, Dawn, you really are.

• Posted at:

Forget all this stuff that I usually put here. The forums are ending so no one cares what's supposed to be here.

But this is what I want you all to remember: Be kind. You will have everything in life if you are kind.

Love you all.

~Windsong <3

dragonflyhawk130

Thank you, Windsong. 

• Posted at:

Call me Dawn!

Female

~Queen of Books~

Homethread @349256

Library Nerd!