Thumbnail avatar 12edd9a473

opaldragon1081

One of my favorite book series is Spirit Animals, published by Scholastic, of course.  Recently, I heard the news about the Scholastic forums shutting down.  I have been a part of the community on Spirit Animals Message Board for almost 2 years now.

Just thinking about the forums being gone has brought me tears, over and over. I know that you probably don’t understand why I, and the other members of the Spirit Animals community, are so upset.  The forums have always been a kind of haven for me.  Feeling down? Just go to the forum. Have a problem?  Just talk to the people on the forum. Need an opinion on something?  Just ask your friends on the forum.  Need an opinion on something?  Just ask your friends on the forum.  On the forum, you could be weird, be crazy, be whatever the heck you want to be—and nobody would judge you.  It didn’t matter who you were, all that mattered is that you were a good person. I can tell you, Mr. Robinson, that every single one of those people are good, kind human beings. Erasing the forums would be like erasing me.  Erasing me from the world of so many others, and erasing them from my world.  By deleting every conversation that I have had on the forum, it’s like you not only destroy our town, but you also destroy our history.  With a single click, I can cease to exist.  With a single click, so many can cease to exist for me.  After you retire the forums, I will live on only in memories for some.  But in time, that will fade too.

Now, I know what you’re thinking:  every single one of these claims is invalid because we are replacing the forums with Home Base, right?  I’m very sorry to tell you, Mr. Robinson, that you are sorely mistaken.  Home Base doesn’t work for many people on multiple levels.  First, it is inaccessible on older computers and IOS devices that are not updated to the newest IOS.  I know this for a fact because some of my forum friends told me their devices couldn’t handle the request.  This is very distressing, because some of my closest forum friends are now unable to access Home Base; therefore, we will never talk again.  Due to Scholastic rules, other means of communication are out of the picture. I am not sure if Home Base will even be accessible to me, for when I opened the Home Base app, it cut to a black screen.  I tried multiple times, waiting, tapping on it, and deleting it and downloading, and it still would not give any other result (though my tablet is only 1-2 years old).  Even if I could access Home Base, there would still be another dilemma.  All of the forums would be together—so many different communities all in one place. Nobody would be able to distinguish who is who, who came from which forum, and whether they were originally your friend or not. I’m totally open to making new friends, of course, That’s what the forums are all about!  I don’t want to lose all my old ones, though.

Now, I didn’t write this letter to complain about Home Base. I certainly didn’t write this letter to tell you about my troubles; that’s what the forum is for.  I did, however, write this letter to ask you a question: Would you please reconsider retiring the forums?  Now that you know how much this place means to me, can you feel my pain while watching my haven get destroyed?  I can’t speak for all the other members of the Spirit Animals community, but I am sure they are just as distressed as I am, and would write you similar letters if they could.  Even if we can’t continue to post, it would still mean a lot if you could keep them up in read-only mode, just so that we could remember those important moments in our lives.  Those moments where no matter how may times your friend tells you a joke, it’s still funny. Those conversations with your best friend that changed your life. All those words will be forgotten if you don’t do something about it. So, I shall ask one last time: Will you help us save the forums?

Thank you for taking the time to read my letter. It means a lot to all the members of the Spirit Animals community.

I wrote this this letter and sent it to the CEO of scholastic. Maybe it will change his mind(?)

plz Phil let this through

• Posted at:

Please tell us why you'd like to report this post

Obsidian

"If nothing ever changed, there would be no such thing as butterflies."

"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read!"

"Two heads are better than one."

#moresigsp-

#Reilin4ever

I started to smile there. 

• Posted at:

nightdagon or Skylark

only a fool tries to sit at the head of a round table

stendeval

I don't care what you call me as long as it isn't late for dinner

Only those that have a beginning have a ending

There might yet be hope.

• Posted at:

nightdagon or Skylark

stendeval

opaldragon1081

I really do hope though

• Posted at:

Obsidian

"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read!"

#moresigsp-

#Reilin4ever

Thumbnail avatar 7d3530a360

skyscraperarrow12

do you think if the series continued, the SAMB would've still been here, for a little while longer? :(

• Posted at:

Destiny, Mai, Meanie, Dune, Mina

Rem:Scarlet/Soul

?WHO AM I REALLY?

A Warrior?

A Seeker?

A Fighter?

A Greencloak?

A Hero?

A Musician?

A Reader?

A Survivor?

A Challenger?

A Normal Girl?

A Ninjago Fan?

Turns out...

I'm all of them

And that's who I will always be...

Thumbnail avatar 8026f974b5

tsunamininja5

Very good letter! Unfortunately I don't think they'll listen, being a business and all. It's all about money with them. They couldn't care less about us.

• Posted at:

- Lahash -

Also known as Samurai

Est. January 2014

Author of the Path of Legends series - coming 2020!

"Fear not in this Time of Chaos, this War of Darkness. For on the horizon, there shines a light, a light brighter than any before . . ."

Thumbnail avatar 9a5932f5a3

ponyspicy6

Lahash is right but there is still a chance that your letter could change their mind :3

• Posted at:

ⓈⓃⓌ-ⒺⓁⓎⒾⓊⓂ

☯she/her/weirdo☯

☯Anime\Manga\Book obsessed

☯"Now don't you understand...I'm never changing who I am.."-Imagine Dragons☯

☯Goddess of winter, nature, and art☯

Remember the lost☯

☯LGBTQ+ supporter

Rember the SAMB

opaldragon1081

Thank you guys! A girl can dream though. 

@Destiny

Huh, that’s an interesting theory! That might be the case. That would really suck if it was, though. Kind of a bad reason to move on. I mean, To Kill a Mockingbird doesn’t have any sequels, and we still appreciate it!

• Posted at:

Obsidian

#moresigsp-

#Reilin4ever

fair point

• Posted at:

nightdagon or Skylark

stendeval

Thumbnail avatar f04ec13a2d

catamber1354

Brave soul.

• Posted at:

Forget all this stuff that I usually put here. The forums are ending so no one cares what's supposed to be here.

But this is what I want you all to remember: Be kind. You will have everything in life if you are kind.

Love you all.

~Windsong <3